• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Horse Breeding / Findings MegaThread

27,967 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Is there a reason why everyone seems to be breeding T5s at 18/18 versus leveling them up a bit more? Is it just because it hits the minimum threshold of 600 to get T6 females?

yes its about the threshold, to get to the next threshold it takes near exactly 2x the amount of experience to get to it, 2.2million per T5 horse at lvl 18, vs 4.4million at lvl 24.

So you can level up 4x T5's to lvl 18 in the time it takes to level up 2x to 24.

Edited by WildAce

Posted

Hi guys, I just got a new T5 MALE out of my only T5 couple left. Same type of horse as its father.

I ain't getting T6 females anytime soon. Waiting for the next result with a tier4 F. 

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Posted

Woot, I Caught a T2 Male last night called him Prestige🙂 

1 person likes this

Posted

I just want some T4 Females....

Before I found the breeding calculator I got 1 T4 Female out of:

dcnTZG7.pngT3F Lvl 10 + T3M Lvl 10 dcnTZG7.png= T4F Euz0Cxa.pngMy only T4F is a black purebreed

Then I learned I should level Tier 3s to 16. Not a single female since.

I now have 6 T4 males and 3 T5 males from T3 Lvl 16 pairs. Two of the T5 males were from Exchange.

How to get a girl?!?

Posted

Askavi if you use the horse breeding calculator: www.blackd.de/horse/ , you can aim for a female horse. 

I just got my first T6 male out of two T4's! Pretty happy with that :)

Posted

Hi guys, I just got a new T5 MALE out of my only T5 couple left. Same type of horse as its father.

I ain't getting T6 females anytime soon. Waiting for the next result with a tier4 F. 

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I don't have a T6 female yet either so you are not alone.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

...bad post

Edited by Askavi

Posted

After a LONG morning of training, Spark has mastered the speed combo ~

(Rip my fingers tho, they hurt)

Nv50sIJ.jpg

Posted

Askavi if you use the horse breeding calculator: www.blackd.de/horse/ , you can aim for a female horse. 

I just got my first T6 male out of two T4's! Pretty happy with that :)

Yeah, I'm using the calculator. Other than going for T5 females with my T3 horses, according to the calculator, 32 levels on T3s is a good threshold for T4s male and female. But it's not producing females. At least not for me. I get T5 males though. =P

Posted

Yeah, I'm using the calculator. Other than going for T5 females with my T3 horses, according to the calculator, 32 levels on T3s is a good threshold for T4s male and female. But it's not producing females. At least not for me. I get T5 males though. =P

Strange! I seem to get a ton of females. Maybe its just sheer luck.. :\

Posted

My tier 6 just got drift AND instant acceleration! So excited!

2016-04-12_767317388.JPG

Posted

Sorry guys another question, right now i'm just auto looping between hediel and velia to level up.

Is there a better route i could be taking? or does it not really matter?

Posted

Doesnt really matter with auto loop.

Tho i expect that route would see higher troll activity than a more secluded location.

Posted

Strange! I seem to get a ton of females. Maybe its just sheer luck.. :\

Yes, RNG. I'm trying an experiment right now because I've seen some people having some success getting T4 Female out of lower level T4M/T3F breedings. I have Lvl 12 T4M/ L12 T3F cooking right now. It's the same threshold number as two T3 lvl 16s, but perhaps the mixing of tiers adds another element to RNG...

Posted (edited)

I've had decent luck with t4 male lvl 14/t3 female lvl 10 (one 13/11) - got 4 or 5 t4 females that way. All from actual breeding, no exchanges; I think exchange is much more rng-prone and I didn't bother at those levels. Obviously it's all still subject to RNG but the leveling isn't terribly painful, t3 females and t4 males are easy to get, so maybe give it a shot?

Edited by Stillheart
1 person likes this

Posted

I've had decent luck with t4 male lvl 14/t3 female lvl 10 (one 13/11) - got 4 or 5 t4 females that way. All from actual breeding, no exchanges; I think exchange is much more rng-prone and I didn't bother at those levels. Obviously it's all still subject to RNG but the leveling isn't terribly painful, t3 females and t4 males are easy to get, so maybe give it a shot?

The 12/12 fits I'm trying now fits that pattern somewhat. I'll post results in about an hour. If it doesn't work, I'll try T4M 14/ T3 F10. And yeah, I got T3 females and T4 males in abundance. So easy to get them.

Posted

Is it just me, or do you get less training exp when you level with wagons?

Posted (edited)

New results, first only females, second only males...RNG at its best :ph34r:

Breeding.png

You basically get half (~2% for each level up vs ~1% when connect to the wagon)

Edited by Alcorius

Posted (edited)

You get less with a 2 horse wagon i believe, but if you are auto looping a 4 horse wagon is more xp over all than a single horse on auto loop.

i think i get 1600xp spread across 4 horses every 15 seconds so 400 xp per horse, with a stock Merchant Wagon.

i think i get about 876xp per 12 seconds with a single horse on auto loop.

edit-

oh wait you said training xp, yeah i believe it might be slower ill have to keep an eye on it.

edit 2, one horse leveled up and it gave me 1% of Pro 4, second horse is about to level up.

Edited by WildAce
1 person likes this

Posted

oh wait you said training xp, yeah i believe it might be slower ill have to keep an eye on it.

It is

Posted

It is

Yeah it is, next horse leveled and it still shows the same % and i know when i level up a single horse it move a full 1% if not more per level.

Posted

Yeah it is, next horse leveled and it still shows the same % and i know when i level up a single horse it move a full 1% if not more per level.

I usually get 1% every 2-3 levels in a wagon, if I'm lucky... 

Posted

I thought my current horse was a dud. She learned no skills through her first 6 levels. Then at level 7 she learned Drift. Maybe all potatoes are not the same.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I got a T5 male today off of 2 T2s w/ Drift as first skill :3 RNGesus has blessed me.

Edited by Hezrou
1 person likes this

Posted

So after all my T4 males are gone and left me with a good amount of male t5 Im gonna try crossbreeding with my last two female T4.

I think T5 lvl 18 and T4 lvl 25 might be a good combination? Any other ideas?

1 person likes this