• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Horse Breeding / Findings MegaThread

27,967 posts in this topic

Posted

For me The T4 mane is PURE white ingame, the T5 has a slightly grey/yellowish mane, but neglectable. ^^

Posted (edited)

If he can code it I can make the layout and graphics. I know exactly what it would need to do to be helpful to us. Best would be:

- Registered / non registered user so you can filter out "anonymus troll results" if you want

- 2 fields to put in your parents (level doesn't matter here!)

- outcome will be a list of foals with the %-chance next to it, it wil get more precise the more people add their data over time.

For the foal it will go of one of the parents combined values, as far as we know so 0/5/2. If you're horses are having a T5 chance, this would state you have a CHANCE for the pure t5 (which is 0/5/0). The rest is basically a lot of RNG. And sometimes for example in the low tieres, there are only horses with higher values that your parents available. ^^

And we are not sure yet what happens with randomizing if only 1 color has value at all. Normally it just randomizes the other numbers but they already have "some value higher than 1 in at least a 2nd color".

So basically it can do something with either of the values above 0 essentially? So it could go with white/black but would ignore the red since it has a 0. The red would just get whatever value results from the horse chosen via white/black? At least.. that's what I'm getting out of this. Essentially I could get anything that had 0/5 or less/4 or less but it would only choose 5 or 4 and not both. Okay I think.. I get it...

Edited by Howin

Posted

Really depends on the lighting, at night it looks green & grey! Bright sunlight, pure white.

I have the T5 efe3ee5edf47ce696f4833fdbf93ddf4.jpg?ref & c6dc51f2cc7c052cd66352aaf6bb65ae.jpg?ref

I really don't understand the 'colour coding'

Would this combo of T5's give a chance at T7 Pure white?

Posted (edited)

Really depends on the lighting, at night it looks green & grey! Bright sunlight, pure white.

I have the T5 efe3ee5edf47ce696f4833fdbf93ddf4.jpg?ref & c6dc51f2cc7c052cd66352aaf6bb65ae.jpg?ref

Can you tell me used to get these results? The first one definitely has a good color as far as trying for the pure white goes. Also, are you on the Uno server?

Edited by Howin

Posted

I got a question regarding leveling.

I read in some guides that at T5+ you should probably opt for solo leveling horses instead of wagon training them. Yes, no, maybe, I'm scared?

Posted

Haven't seen one that looks quite like this one yet, so I thought I would post a pic and see if anyone has one like it.  I bred my T5 Lvl30 Stallion with a T2 Lvl21 wild mare.  Ended up with this T5 Stallion:

oitZN.jpg

I have this female ;)

1 person likes this

Posted

Hah I know your pain, I did an exchange and was feeling 'Lucky'

Well, he was a pure white T5, great start... so far, level 10 , 2 skills :(

Getting some nice speed increases and acceleration, may well become my main horse for racing T5's... maybe his name will add something to his performances ;)

I hope so! But afaik you kinda need Drift/Sprint/Insta Acceleration to ace the horse races. That said, I'm sure there are players who are on equal level with their RNG luck as you, so it's not like you'd be the only one without skills. And don't give up, you still have 20 levels to go!

My Burial proved really intelligent at first, got 4 skills in 4 levels. Then between 5-13 he got nothing. At level 14 he got Quick Ride. Lmfao. oh well, at least I like his skin!

tumblr_o5o6vzVBXH1vncgwdo2_1280.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

Left horse is a purebred T5 with Red 0 / White 5 / Black 0 - Right horse has Red 0 / White 3 / Black 3

Combined your parents have Red 0 / White 8 / Black 3

To have a chance for a pure white T7 you need White 7+, which you have. The parents need level 23+24 or any combination that adds up to at least 47 combined for a 9.68% chance for a male T7 white. Or 29+29 (58 added up) for a 18.07% chance of a T7 stallion and 9.64% chance of a T7 mare... but leveling past 20 is hell T4+... past 25 is WORSE. ^^ But yeah, it IS possible.

Posted (edited)

Results are in!

No T6 ...... Booooohhh

No more males ...... Huzaaaaahh

Foal: Do05Pfw.png  Exchange: oOC6Pmg.png

So....... jump onto T5 pairs combined level 36?

I'm gonna be so broke with the Merchant Wagon puchases.  Only a lowly Level 36 (34 before the taming/breeding bug hit, only just broke into Calpheon Territory) so my funds aren't the best.

Broke on a merchant wagon? it only requires easy materials : acacia plywood(node in mediah, beginner chopping), brass ingot (copper zand zinc nodes available, beginner heating) soft hides (massacre foxes in starting area with some +gathering free gear and some food) and okok... 60k silver for the wagon horses

EDIT

And yes, I'm only lvl 31 myself and got all those nodes ready (with 130 cp, but you only need half that with some planning)

Edited by Viconia
level info
2 people like this

Posted

Can you tell me used to get these results? The first one definitely has a good color as far as trying for the pure white goes.

Sure, small sample of my results, can't remember the parents names for the female:

Inspire L26Frisky L26 Lucky
bda87a031f4ea83a75373f289c6b2ecb.jpg?ref
26a69b49588d456f1d24826eec6f90ee.jpg?ref
Exchange
efe3ee5edf47ce696f4833fdbf93ddf4.jpg?ref
L24L26 Trust
aa7c36d450838f432be1b5da1f349abc.jpg?ref
d600b58107f9eea7eccb20bfe314efe0.jpg?ref
Exchange
c6dc51f2cc7c052cd66352aaf6bb65ae.jpg?ref

Posted (edited)

You should see the color of my pure white hair when I step inside a house in Heidel - dark and dingy. It's grey, gray I tell ya!

kDGUVEi.jpg

Edit: that's all the same hair color by the way. No photoshopping or editing besides copy/paste.

Edited by Xtort

Posted

Broke on a merchant wagon? it only requires easy materials : acacia plywood(node in mediah, beginner chopping), brass ingot (copper zand zinc nodes available, beginner heating) soft hides (massacre foxes in starting area with some +gathering free gear and some food) and okok... 60k silver for the wagon horses

Yeah I honestly would recommend any horse breeder to have this wagon workshop set up, even at 900k+ durability you burn through them in a couple of days. I didn't bother making a wagon workshop because I had my CP all over the place, but I think I might rethink that strategy as I don't trade since the autolooping patch.

Posted

Can you tell me used to get these results? The first one definitely has a good color as far as trying for the pure white goes. Also, are you on the Uno server?

W7xCtoU.jpg

Posted

So in the Mollusk x Pocotokomu rng should take Black, because Red and White aren't equal or minus 1, but the foal has Black 2, when parent only 0 and 1. Still confusing D:

Mollusk values are fals, Mollusk is 0 2 2  so 0 2 2 + 2 0 1 -> 2 2 3  --> 0 3 2  black value is matching

We have basically no control, yes. We get a chance when we hit the "magic number" in one color which always equals the tier of the foal that you want. That's it.

Nobody was able to confirm so far if you breed 2 pure horses, for example the white T5 with R0 W5 B0 twice... what foal would it take with 0 / 10 / 0? Cause there is no 2nd number where it could take a value from... would it just randomly do random stuff? I am still waiting for someone to have 2 purebreeds with the same color to test this!

We would get any horse that has at least 1 in white, i guess  or some other factors may kick in  and reduce the available  outcom we need someone to try it !

Posted

If I were to aim for T4 purebreds, would these combinations work?

pjxQ1TB.png x MhyLn6n.png (3/0/1 x 2/1/1) Aiming for mlrWooQ.png 4/0/0

dcnTZG7.png x Hp7xM43.png (1/2/2 x 0/2/2) Aiming for Euz0Cxa.png0/0/4

Posted

f331ac7bf3.png

fwiw I went through the breeding data I've recorded since launch (n=38, tiers 1~6) and generated some summary ranges. Here's a quick explanation of the columns.

Max is the sum color values of both parents. I started with this, since people are saying that a color total of 7 is required for a purebred T7. This column doesn't say much on its own (aside from that I haven't bred any T7s yet lol) but I use it to calculate the later columns.

Avg is the averaged color values of the parents.

Diff is the distance of the foal's colors from parent avg. Note that for <T7 the highest value of a single color is 5 (T5 purebred). The highest any of my horses had was 4 in a value. This column could say something, maybe, but I need more data from purebreds.

diffSum is the net 'gain' or loss' in color value points from parent avg. The reason I'm tracking this is because the point range increases with horse tier - from max 3 total points at T1, to 4 total at T2, 5 total at T3-T4, 6 total at T5, 8 total at T6, and 7 total at T7 (9 total if you include the NYI breeds.) This also tracks whether the foals are actually gaining point value, or merely having points redistributed into different colors. Worth noting that for T5 and T7, the purebreds have a total point value lower than the max for that tier.

MaxDiff is the difference between the foal's colors and the parent's total colors. This is the column of most interest to me b/c this is where value gain can be seen. Going up the horse tiers can also be seen as increasing your number of color points. Others have said that T7 is maybe possible with a color value of 6, with a +1 gain. My breeding results so far seem to support that, and even a +2 gain. Observed max point gain magnitudes are much lower than observed point losses. Of interest is the -5 white value loss. (The parents were 1/2/2 x 0/4/1 --> 2/1/1 foal.) Though it seems like a huge loss, the diff was actually only -2. This particular outcome supports the 'game picks a color [red in this case], adds 1,  and rngs the rest' theory but I'd like to see some more data from purebreds and high (4+) value parents. Another case study in support of this theory, as well as the +2 theory, is 0/2/2 x 1/1/1 --> 3/0/1. (Picked red, added 2).

bonus: from staring at the breed chart, run speed and point values, it seems like black points are the slowest, red points are medium, and white points are the fastest. (this ranking also holds true for the purebreds.)

2 people like this

Posted

I'll ask him when home how easy it would be :) I'll also ask, like Jinxed It mentioned, if it could also record results. 

Depends if he wants to spend time on it since we both play the game and he's not a breeder so.. Hopefully😎

1 person likes this

Posted

Well... Results are in, no purebred :( 

Parents:  T4-I lvl 20 Stallion + T4-C lvl 19 Mare = 

Breed1: T5-E Stallion (HP: 1610 (as per sheets))

Breed2: T6-E Stallion

Exchange: T4-P  Mare 

Using: http://imgur.com/KyG0kur

Very interesting. When I was breeding with black value horses I got T6-E as well the first time. Then on the second breed is when I got the pure breed. However my numbers on the parents were higher and the first time was a T5 male with a T4 female. Second time was the same male with a T5 female. Lvls at 25 and 23.

Grats on your T6 tho. That is really good rng you got there.

Posted

Very interesting. When I was breeding with black value horses I got T6-E as well the first time. Then on the second breed is when I got the pure breed. However my numbers on the parents were higher and the first time was a T5 male with a T4 female. Second time was the same male with a T5 female. Lvls at 25 and 23.

Grats on your T6 tho. That is really good rng you got there.

Can't complain indeed! 

Posted

If I were to aim for T4 purebreds, would these combinations work?

pjxQ1TB.png x MhyLn6n.png (3/0/1 x 2/1/1) Aiming for mlrWooQ.png 4/0/0

dcnTZG7.png x Hp7xM43.png (1/2/2 x 0/2/2) Aiming for Euz0Cxa.png0/0/4

I bred that first combo and am pairing the second combo for a chance at black.

The first combo yielded me.... For breeding

AU4cAiQb.jpg

And the exchange was...

JNuzzJ7b.jpg

But yes I would recommend those pairings if you were AIMING for a purebreed.

1 person likes this

Posted

So I got my first female T4

mlrWooQ.png

What T4 should I breed her with for the best chance at a top T5 or T6?

Posted

So I got my first female T4

mlrWooQ.png

What T4 should I breed her with for the best chance at a top T5 or T6?

Just curious, what two horses did you use to get this color?

Posted (edited)

The curse lately is so bad...

O2l20yg.png

No T5, No females... Extinction just got sold for 100k, need space and have like 4 T4 males... and a lot t5-6 anyways -.- WTB backup T5F. Did anyone here buy him? Orwen.

This wagon... All 4 horses got at the same time (+/- 1 level( caution (0 of my last 5 got it), stream jump, star accel and quick ride... WTF RNG?! 4 skills none of the horses on my last wagon learned...

They're slowly getting to their desired level...

GT1VAwU.png

Edited by Jinxed It

Posted

The curse lately is so bad...

O2l20yg.png

No T5, No females...

I have also been lacking in females lately... even with specific leveling. Hmmm

Posted

f331ac7bf3.png

fwiw I went through the breeding data I've recorded since launch (n=38, tiers 1~6) and generated some summary ranges. Here's a quick explanation of the columns.

Hidden Content

bonus: from staring at the breed chart, run speed and point values, it seems like black points are the slowest, red points are medium, and white points are the fastest. (this ranking also holds true for the purebreds.)

That was really helpful, thanks for the info gathering