• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Horse Breeding / Findings MegaThread

27,967 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I have one question, is it true that horse learn less skills on four horses wagon, and learn more on solo riding?  Because I want to use my T6, and I put it in wagon to lvl up, lvl24 now but only learn 6 skills......

to my experience it's still more rng than anything else.

I believe the pearl store costume bonuses don't apply while your horse is on a wagon, so supposedly you'd learn less skills on the wagon (assuming you have the horse costume ofc), but the difference is negligible compared to the effect of rng.

Edited by Arcane ✨
1 person likes this

Posted

to my experience it's still more rng than anything else.

I believe the pearl store costume bonuses don't apply while your horse is on a wagon, so supposedly you'd learn less skills on the wagon (assuming you have the horse costume ofc), but the difference is negligible compared to the effect of rng.

OHHH, I didn't even know the pearl store costume increase the chance to learn more skill, thx alot,  looks like my lvl24 T6 is useless now, lets just save it for breed.

Posted

So, in the name of science, I set out to record the colors of all the breedings in this thread so that we can see if there is any pattern to be gleaned from all of these results. Now, it's not finished... but in light of all the discussion on the topic, and that I am up to over 500 results, I think that's enough to release what I have. I want to see if anyone else can make something of it. So if you are particularly mathematics or statistics inclined, please take a look, as well as anyone else who would like to try. Feel free to make a copy and sort it however you like. I've tried a bit, but I don't really see anything obvious. Let us know if you find anything! :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nm4wEiJEyB4_kjQbo_T36MmsxJV3kVBS0-UoHnQdvv4/edit?usp=sharing

I will be adding to it when I get the chance though. I started at the beginning of the thread, and then... since I didn't want to have to go through it twice, I've been updating it with the new info at the end of the thread, as I update the breeding chart. So there's just a big chunk in the middle I need to catch up on, as well as keeping up with the new stuff. It's a work in progress... unless or until we determine it's useless.

The first thing I looked for is examples that might not fit with color theory (or more accurately, the color hypothesis).

Out of 546 pairs in your spreadsheet, only 5 results are anomalous:

Line 12 is a 2-0-0 pairing that results in 0-2-2 -- a difference of +2 in either white or black.

Line 108 is a 2-0-0 pairing that results in 3-0-1 -- a difference of +1 in red.

Line 205 is a 4-2-2 pairing that results in 0-0-4 -- a difference of +2 in black.

Line 405 is a 0-6-3 pairing that results in 0-0-5 -- a difference of +2 in black.

Line 522 is a 6-2-2 pairing that results in 0-3-3 -- a difference of +1 in either white or black. 

I've heard people claim that you can rarely get +1 or +2 -- is a little under 1 in 100 the expected rate for that?

The other 541 pairs appear to be consistent with the color hypothesis.  More analysis will follow.

3 people like this

Posted

Breeding my 2 T6s right now. The nerves are real.

Posted

I have one question, is it true that horse learn less skills on four horses wagon, and learn more on solo riding?  Because I want to use my T6, and I put it in wagon to lvl up, lvl24 now but only learn 6 skills......

All my horses learned triple amount of skills tied to a merchant wagon than on solo riding.

Posted

The Pearl Shop costumes definitely don't work while on a wagon since horses can't have anything equipped while being hooked up to a wagon, but otherwise, I have 4 T2 horses hooked up to a wagon that have never been levelled any other way that have 6, 5, 4, and 4 skills at level 16. It feels a bit low?

Posted (edited)

*snip*

I've heard people claim that you can rarely get +1 or +2 -- is a little under 1 in 100 the expected rate for that?

The other 541 pairs appear to be consistent with the color hypothesis.  More analysis will follow.

I'm one of those anomalies. Bred the T4 Gypsy Grey stallion with 1-2-2 to a T4 Green Horse, grey mane, white tail (E on the Color chart) and she had 1-2-2 as well. One of the results was a T6 Stallion (K on the color chart) with 3-2-2. Though I am fairly sure I am not understanding how this works. Perhaps the game just rolled on one of the other colors?

EDIT: So, as far as I understand it's better to use color theory to rule out what you can't breed using a certain pair. Like my next pair, there's no way I could land a T6 Mustard/Ketchup horse. if I did it would be an abnormality. (please god I hope I don't those are so ugly)

Edited by Frimber

Posted

I'm one of those anomalies. Bred the T4 Gypsy Grey stallion with 1-2-2 to a T4 Green Horse, grey mane, white tail (E on the Color chart) and she had 1-2-2 as well. One of the results was a T6 Stallion (K on the color chart) with 3-2-2. Though I am fairly sure I am not understanding how this works. Perhaps the game just rolled on one of the other colors?

As I understand it, yeah --  according to the color hypothesis, the game was rolling on another color.  Your pair's totals were 2-4-4, and you got 3-2-2 -- so it could have rolled on white or black and been consistent.

Posted

As I understand it, yeah --  according to the color hypothesis, the game was rolling on another color.  Your pair's totals were 2-4-4, and you got 3-2-2 -- so it could have rolled on white or black and been consistent.

Oh ok, thank you for the clarification, I'll let my friend know too. This will help us out. It's sad though, I don;t have ashot at either of the blacks with my next pair. I guess I'll see what happens. xD

Posted

Do I really need a T7? That 1 Death though...

sczI5ak.png

You don't. You already got best skill in the game - Fore Chop. Your life is complete and I'm so jelly :/

1 person likes this

Posted

EDIT: So, as far as I understand it's better to use color theory to rule out what you can't breed using a certain pair. Like my next pair, there's no way I could land a T6 Mustard/Ketchup horse. if I did it would be an abnormality. (please god I hope I don't those are so ugly)

Useful when trying to determine what you'd need for a purebred of certain color/tier, and also to determine what you won't get, yes. Also for figuring out which horses to keep for certain color schemes, and  for eliminating some of the unwanted color-related rng when breeding (for exampe, if you're trying for a white t5 purebred, you're better off breeding 0/4/1 x 2 than 0/3/1 +1/2/2  - at least you won't be dipping into the red color pool in this case)

Posted

The first thing I looked for is examples that might not fit with color theory (or more accurately, the color hypothesis).

Out of 546 pairs in your spreadsheet, only 5 results are anomalous:

Line 12 is a 2-0-0 pairing that results in 0-2-2 -- a difference of +2 in either white or black.

Line 108 is a 2-0-0 pairing that results in 3-0-1 -- a difference of +1 in red.

Line 205 is a 4-2-2 pairing that results in 0-0-4 -- a difference of +2 in black.

Line 405 is a 0-6-3 pairing that results in 0-0-5 -- a difference of +2 in black.

Line 522 is a 6-2-2 pairing that results in 0-3-3 -- a difference of +1 in either white or black. 

Yeah, I was thinking that it seems like 0 is just the same as any other number. That you can roll 0 in a color that the parents also have 0 in, and that's still... equal to or less than 0. And if that were true, you can't rule out anything, really. It is possible that there are some mistakes with people reporting their results wrong, or me interpreting them wrong, but that can't be too common.

Posted

More T5 + T2 combo :D

black-desert-horse-15-tier-5.jpg Male lv 28 + black-desert-horse-2-tier-2.jpg Female lv 30

Breeding

black-desert-horse-16-tier-4.jpg Female

Exchange

black-desert-horse-5-tier-5.jpg Male

Pretty good, not bad finally got my first T4 female like man so many T5 male and T6 Male.....

Posted

Yeah, I was thinking that it seems like 0 is just the same as any other number. That you can roll 0 in a color that the parents also have 0 in, and that's still... equal to or less than 0. And if that were true, you can't rule out anything, really. It is possible that there are some mistakes with people reporting their results wrong, or me interpreting them wrong, but that can't be too common.

Rolling a 0 in a stat where the parental total is 0 could explain 2 of 5 anomalies.

Rolling down to 0 in a stat where the parental total is not 0 (ie, instead of being able to roll from 1-x, where x is the parental total, you can roll from 0-x) could explain 4 of 5 anomalies.

If you can do both, then you can explain everything...  but from what I've read in the explanations here, colors with parental totals of 0 shouldn't count.  I have no idea if you can roll down to 0 -- I was assuming you could only roll down to 1, but I really have no basis for that.

Posted

Which T5s I should breed together and on what lvl to have best chance for T7 or pure T6?

FEMALES:TIER 5PLTahbx.pngNGGDhAx.pngCiVmLIz.png

MALES: JsYzIhg.pngoOC6Pmg.pngAcooHmE.pngoCGYFCV.png

Posted (edited)

What do you guys think

t5 (r4/w0/b2)AcooHmE.png+ t6 (r4/w0/b3)iP8SvQq.png

OR

t6 (r3/w3/b2) a14JK6i.png+ t6 (r4/w0/b3) iP8SvQq.png

For a try at the red t7. I feel like the top two are a better option becasue of the 0 in white but not sure if him being a t5 will hurt my results  :S

Edited by Quinntessa

Posted

Can any of the lucky T7 owners make a ingame screenshot?

Still arguing in guild and channel wether there is T7 or not ;)

thanks

Posted

Quite surprise with that white female there :)

Parents:

Lv26 M YHsLFTS.png with Lv20 F YHsLFTS.png 

Breed:

T4 F 4GDscFp.png and T4 M vuV4beE.png

Exchange:

T5 M fi88tJZ.png

Posted (edited)

Which T5s I should breed together and on what lvl to have best chance for T7 or pure T6?

FEMALES:TIER 5PLTahbx.pngNGGDhAx.pngCiVmLIz.png

MALES: JsYzIhg.pngoOC6Pmg.pngAcooHmE.pngoCGYFCV.png

I see:

Females:  1-1-4, 2-2-2, 0-0-5, 0-2-4

Males:  4-1-1, 2-2-2, 4-0-2, 3-0-2

The totals you can achieve with female 1 are:

5-2-5, 3-3-6, 5-1-6, 4-1-6 --> Do not breed female 1, no total values of 7.

The totals you can achieve with female 2 are:

6-3-3, 4-4-4, 6-2-4, 5-2-4 --> Do not breed female 2, no total values of 7.

The totals you can achieve with female 3 are:

4-1-6, 2-2-7, 4-0-7, 3-0-7 -->  You get a value of 7 black with female 3 and male 2, 3, or 4

The totals you can achieve with female 4 are:

4-3-5, 2-4-6, 4-2-6, 3-2-6 --> Do not breed female 4, no total values of 7.

(It is 2AM here, so please, please double check my color assignments:  http://imgur.com/a/DaeiQ  and my math!)

Based on those results, I'd say your only option with the females is female 3, and I'd use male 3 or 4 so that you can get a zero in one color -- only rolling red or black.

Again, please double check all of this yourself before you do anything, as I am quite tired right now.

EDIT:  Just noticed you were also interested in pure T6s.  The color chart seems to say that the only pure T6 right now is black, so you want pairs with a black value of 6 to have a shot at it.

Edited by Elhim

Posted

thanks

Page 275 in this topic sir. All screen shots of T7 there.

Posted (edited)

Adding my recent results to the data pool.

Breeding1.thumb.png.b0361b142072de3ffc3b

First time posting in this thread. Not too familiar with the formatting on this forum either, so I apologise if I did anything faux pas.

Edited by Rolandostein

Posted

thanks

I am not one of them but look back in this thread about 18-20 pages back, screenshots are there.

Posted

For a try at the red t7. I feel like the top two are a better option becasue of the 0 in white but not sure if him being a t5 will hurt my results  :S

If current color theory is correct, yeah, the top pair is a better choice.

The maximum chance you can get of a T7 with T5/T6, according to the calculator ( http://www.blackd.de/horse/?mt=5&ml=30&md=0&ft=6&fl=30&fd=0&mcl=1&fcl=1&xpt=500 ), is about 27% chance.

The maximum chance you can get of a T7 with T6/T6 (same calculator) is about a 31% chance.

No idea how to properly weigh that 4% versus the possibility of rolling in another color pool, but if it were me I'd still go for the top pair.  It will have to be a really lucky pairing, either way.

Posted (edited)

If current color theory is correct, yeah, the top pair is a better choice.

The maximum chance you can get of a T7 with T5/T6, according to the calculator ( http://www.blackd.de/horse/?mt=5&ml=30&md=0&ft=6&fl=30&fd=0&mcl=1&fcl=1&xpt=500 ), is about 27% chance.

The maximum chance you can get of a T7 with T6/T6 (same calculator) is about a 31% chance.

No idea how to properly weigh that 4% versus the possibility of rolling in another color pool, but if it were me I'd still go for the top pair.  It will have to be a really lucky pairing, either way.

Not sure that's how it works.  I mean by combining the chances.  Each probability is its own probability.  So T6M and T6F are different rolls etc.  I do get the picture you are painting but it may steer people in the wrong direction

Edited by LittleBrownMan

Posted (edited)

Can confirm, I've had a couple +2s also. (most of my breeding data isn't on Rukh's spreadsheet btw) Not sure how rare a +1/+2 is, but it seems to be higher than 1/100. Maybe somewhere between 1/10 ~ 1/30?

edit: assuming the current theory, there's no way to know which color rng picked in your case - but regardless of which one it was, I've never seen a color gain of more than 2 - so it seems like all 3 color channels have to meet the criteria [< (parent total + 2)] for the breed to be a valid result.

Edited by Arcane ✨