• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Horse Breeding / Findings MegaThread

27,967 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Has anyone tried to be tactical with their skill changes for horses? At level 24 my horse has 11 skills. I just traded 'caution' for streak jump because I figured caution appears to be a high probability skill for the horse to learn and I am bound to get it again while leveling, and got 1 hope in insta accel (the skill trade coupon was free from an achievement reward). I'm currently missing sideways step, insta accel, roar and two-seater (as well as caution).

My plan was to trade caution every time my horse learns it, basically eliminating all the 'poor skills' at a chance for a low chance skill. I just want my horse to learn as many skills as possible so that the 'roll pool' of remaining skills gets as small as possible. But I've read that the skill change system is very dodgy and seems rigged. Does anyone have experiences they may want to share before I put any money into this gamble? :D

Well, I do know it has been said, for example if you have all but one skill, and you exchange let's say "Caution" hoping for let's say "Sprint" there is a probability you could get "Caution" back instead of the last skill left to get in this example "Sprint"

Long story short, it is a gamble mechanic and you could end up better, the same or worse off than you were before gambling. At least how I understand it. There are no hard and fast numbers for anything, but it does not get rid of the chance to get the skill you are trading out again as your trade. (At least in my understanding from anecdotal evidence in 350 pages I have read in this thread.)

Edited by Daelyn

Posted

Well, I do know it has been said, for example if you have all but one skill, and you exchange let's say "Caution" hoping for let's say "Sprint" there is a probability you could get "Caution" back instead of the last skill left to get in this example "Sprint"

Long story short, it is a gamble mechanic and you could end up better, the same or worse off than you were before gambling. At least how I understand it. There are no hard and fast numbers for anything, but it does not get rid of the chance to get the skill you are trading out again as your trade. (At least in my understanding from anecdotal evidence in 350 pages I have read in this thread.)

Oh that's a weird mechanic, I really got the impression that 'skill CHANGE' meant that it was an actual 100% chance you would not get the same skill back. Seems like a pointless item, if so.

Thank you for answering. I'll hope 6 more levels will yield at least one decent skill, insta accel seems like wishful thinking at this point though! :D

Posted

Has anyone tried to be tactical with their skill changes for horses? At level 24 my horse has 11 skills. I just traded 'caution' for streak jump because I figured caution appears to be a high probability skill for the horse to learn and I am bound to get it again while leveling, and got 1 hope in insta accel (the skill trade coupon was free from an achievement reward). I'm currently missing sideways step, insta accel, roar and two-seater (as well as caution).

My plan was to trade caution every time my horse learns it, basically eliminating all the 'poor skills' at a chance for a low chance skill. I just want my horse to learn as many skills as possible so that the 'roll pool' of remaining skills gets as small as possible. But I've read that the skill change system is very dodgy and seems rigged. Does anyone have experiences they may want to share before I put any money into this gamble? :D

Its more important for the horse to learn more skills. This is affected by your training level and the horse costume.

The same horse can have a total of 10 skills at level 30 and another same horse can have 15.  

Posted

Oh that's a weird mechanic, I really got the impression that 'skill CHANGE' meant that it was an actual 100% chance you would not get the same skill back. Seems like a pointless item, if so.
Thank you for answering. I'll hope 6 more levels will yield at least one decent skill, insta accel seems like wishful thinking at this point though! :D

Take that with a grain of salt, I have not done it myself, I am just going by what I have read from others and recall. I could look back in the thread to the instances of when it was said by a few, and let you know the page, but scouring will have to be for tomorrow :)

Posted

Or all of those Tier 1, level 1 males!

T1 males can be usefull if your lasy, and you never get one for free, while you get 2 donkeys for free .....

I have seen some NPC with a wagon attached to 2 donkey, i want one for my donkeys !!!

[insert screenshot here later]

Posted

I wonder.. When you get a T7, it is announced as "A fine horse has been born at [Insert Name]´s stable"
Does it announce this when the time for breeding has passed (2h45m) or when you actually click "Recieve foal" from the female?
Would kinda be a big spoiler alert if it announced as soon as the breeding was done and the person was afk, coming back to an ocean of whispers xD 

Posted

Finally caught up again on my charts. The color chart is up to 1000+ entries now, though I'm still not sure how much good it does. But I shall keep at it for now. Here's the link, if anyone hasn't seen it yet. Records of the colors of most of the pairings in this thread.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nm4wEiJEyB4_kjQbo_T36MmsxJV3kVBS0-UoHnQdvv4/edit?usp=sharing

And my last breeding was alright, but less than spectacular. I was hoping for either the black purebreed T6 or the black with a white mane. But at least I got a T6. Need some more males though. I've got 3 females to 1 male atm. :P

5M.thumb.png.20a4b4d62339b13e998d494f9f0       5I.thumb.png.1ed2ca040608c6b85799cae940a                   6I.thumb.png.6ae6eb9c1d322474630f4ef0aa8       5I.thumb.png.1ed2ca040608c6b85799cae940a

T5M L18 (0/2/4)         +        T5F L18 (2/2/2)               =                  T6F (2/0/5)                 T5M (2/2/2) [exchange]

5M.thumb.png.20a4b4d62339b13e998d494f9f0       5D.thumb.png.7f95c33a1192cd8819092eb487e                   5F.thumb.png.ae35a8a3003b242854bfbe63dea

T5M L18 (0/2/4)         +        T5F L18 (3/0/2)               =                  T5F (2/1/2)        

I also finally got the horse that my boyfriend has been wanting. He loves the pink/purple horse that everyone else thinks is a garish monstrosity... Oh how he raged at everyone cursing it. -giggles- So I sold it to him and he sold me back his one and only T5F. It was a T5B, which has 1 more color point than the T5F, so I suppose I got the better end of the deal, just slightly. :)

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I wonder.. When you get a T7, it is announced as "A fine horse has been born at [Insert Name]´s stable"
Does it announce this when the time for breeding has passed (2h45m) or when you actually click "Recieve foal" from the female?
Would kinda be a big spoiler alert if it announced as soon as the breeding was done and the person was afk, coming back to an ocean of whispers xD

when you receive it afaik. ^^ 

and now: YES~ A T6 OMG FINALLY! FINALLY FINALLY! MY FIRST! And ofc its mustard n ketchup since i made so much fun of those. But idc <_< its a T6! *dances*
and ofc his first skill sucks ass.... v_v ... whatever. His name translates into 'Sandfire'. fitting. *nods*

2016-04-22_1293092.JPG

Edited by Ashayam
4 people like this

Posted

and now: YES~ A T6 OMG FINALLY! FINALLY FINALLY! MY FIRST! And ofc its mustard n ketchup since i made so much fun of those. But idc <_< its a T6! *dances*
and ofc his first skill sucks ass.... v_v ... whatever. His name translates into 'Sandfire'. fitting. *nods*

2016-04-22_1293092.JPG

Congrats!  The first always seems magical.  Mine was the one I teased about not wanting to get too: bumpoof (since he's my first and I'm keeping him, I refuse to brand the poor guy as buttplug...)

Posted

SNIP

Congrats! ^_^

Posted

Bred these two a while back d764654fd5583ce0a11e2de1b2919e5b.jpg?ref both T4 at lvl 25, they had given me c6dc51f2cc7c052cd66352aaf6bb65ae.jpg?refT5F and a7efcf0fdcc1f3931eaad29416a7f3fb.jpg?refalso T5F, finally decided to exchange them (dunno why I hadn't before) and they gave me that crazy pink/redish whatever you want to call it pony f9e0daca15323f3b9ecd7e027008500f.jpg?ref also female

So I now have 3 T5 males and 3 T5 females, but I'm not done with my T3's yet >.< (have 2 females to lvl for the last male who I decided to get to 22)  then I have 8 pairs of T4s to lvl, with 4 spare males that could be leveled before I move onto T5's... I may just start lvling the T5's so I can have some chances for T7's before they add all the non purebreeds O.o  so much to do ;;

My current T5's pairings are going to be  ebbdeb12d391abec51f2318c084420d5.jpg?refMale  c6dc51f2cc7c052cd66352aaf6bb65ae.jpg?refFemale  total color value of 1 4 7 

bffd7d93d1826a796529d0359681704d.jpg?refMale  a7efcf0fdcc1f3931eaad29416a7f3fb.jpg?refFemale  7 1 2 

and these two could be paired with others as I breed more b654e191c1fa2cafc59fe347d3bdf93f.jpg?refMale &f9e0daca15323f3b9ecd7e027008500f.jpg?refsince the colors wouldn't give me a chance at a T7 anyhow

Posted

Congrats!  The first always seems magical.  Mine was the one I teased about not wanting to get too: bumpoof (since he's my first and I'm keeping him, I refuse to brand the poor guy as buttplug...)

thank you :3   yes, the first really are magical. I don't mind that he's ketchup and mustard all that much. (aww buttplugs are love. I want one of those <3 )

@Moon_Child thanks ^^

Posted

<snip>

gratz that blue t4 female is nice too though :3

Or all of those Tier 1, level 1 males!

hey those actually sale ^w^ i put one up to see if it would and took some time but it actually did sale 

Posted

Gratz on first T6 :) I still wait on mine ^^

Posted

2016-04-22_1293092.JPG

man who care if it ugly it the 2nd fastest T6, unlike buttplug.

Posted

New results in ^^ Very happy with the outcome... I obtained my first T6!
Dragging through those last few lvls to get to 25 seems to pay off in the long run :x 

Now I just need to figure out what my new breeding plan is :S

Breed.PNG

Posted

New results in ^^ Very happy with the outcome... I obtained my first T6!
Dragging through those last few lvls to get to 25 seems to pay off in the long run :x 

Now I just need to figure out what my new breeding plan is :S

oh its so beautiful! I wish i could get it too ... maybe with my next try xD Congrats to you!

Posted

oh its so beautiful! I wish i could get it too ... maybe with my next try xD Congrats to you!

Thank you :D I hope you get one too!

Posted (edited)

I will buy any T5 preferably T6+ horse  30mil and under pm me on Acover (Edan) or via forums 

Edited by Acover

Posted (edited)

I will buy any T5 preferably T6+ horse  30mil and under pm me on Acover (Edan) or via forums 

Wrong thread, no one is selling a horse here.

Edited by Bouwplan

Posted

Where can I find a chart with all the horse colours (i.e. amount of R,W,B)

I want to know which horses to breed so I end up with a pure white T7 and a pure black too. Very sorry if it's already been posted in this monster thread, I've read so many pages and missed it if it's here :D

Posted

Congratz :) I actualy like that one :') to me its pretty and I would like to have it xP

Posted

Where can I find a chart with all the horse colours (i.e. amount of R,W,B)

I want to know which horses to breed so I end up with a pure white T7 and a pure black too. Very sorry if it's already been posted in this monster thread, I've read so many pages and missed it if it's here :D

http://imgur.com/a/DaeiQ

1 person likes this

Posted

I feel so unlucky recently, got my 3rd night in row disconect. My horses didnt get anywhere again lol
Am sitting at T4 m+f lvl 23...just twooo more lvls
Migh just solo ride them to finish as I did yesterday with other females T5/4 
Saaaad panda....