• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Horse Breeding / Findings MegaThread

27,967 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Some data of my breeding results from my last weeks;

571f04d2dd3c8_Zuchtbersicht1.thumb.png.e

571f04e096e80_Zuchtbersicht2.thumb.png.7

571f04ed97849_Zuchtbersicht3.thumb.png.a

571f04fc5b51a_Zuchtbersicht4.thumb.png.e

I'm very surprised about the last one, did not expect a T5 horse. :) Edit: Last Breeding was 22+24 - not 21+24

Edited by Moon_Child

Posted

¬¬ ..Latest breeding results: 
T6 Male Lvl 22 502d649a1c2b0b724305bf026ae094d4.jpg?refT6 Female Lvl 22 1d98e5b9ea24f96579556f2969b492eb.jpg?ref(7/2/5)
Foal 1:
T5 Female c6dc51f2cc7c052cd66352aaf6bb65ae.jpg?ref

Foal 2:
T5 Female f9e0daca15323f3b9ecd7e027008500f.jpg?ref

Exchange:
T6 Male 2115eeda915c7f8027d04693df621bea.jpg?ref

12th attempt for a T7..

hello-darkness-gob-gif-wall-3.gif

Posted

I'm getting quite frustrated with males now. I've gotten 1 female wild caught out of another 7. I feel like RNGesus is testing my faith.

Also, I was chatting with my friends on TeamSpeak and I think I came up with a funny comparison of the cursed pink/purple horse:

1427476559044.png

JQvipJ3.png

You have just named my next Pink darling. Wildlicious. Thanks.

1 person likes this

Posted

I am here to serve. ;)

Posted (edited)

Some data of my breeding results from my last weeks;

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

I'm very surprised about the last one, did not expect a T5 horse. :) 

Wow! Were you sure the parents were levels 21/24 and not 21/25 or 22/24 or something like that? Not doubting your record keeping, if those levels are correct that's a result the calculator doesn't account for. The reason why I ask is that it's just one level shy of the accumulative level of 46/450 point threshold which had a 18.92% chance of a male T5 (see here: http://www.blackd.de/horse/). I've received a T5 foal three times in the twelve breedings/exchanges that met the 450 threshold conditions, but nothing so far that wasn't listed on the outcomes. The calculator might not be 100% accurate so who knows, maybe there was a very small % chance of the T5. Regardless, congratulations on that T5!

Edited by Omen

Posted (edited)

when training skills like sprint, mines at 17% right now, will it gain exp over time just by riding or do I have to actively use the skill? thanks and at 100% does it still require the minigame?

Edited by guhugh

Posted

I'm so lazy. I keep seeing these kind of results and I'm like, "hmm, go for the lowest number of levels needed, yep!"

So far this theory has worked for me.

The handful of times I over leveled for a nice purebred t6 or a t7 I ended up with a pink horse.

Got my first T7 today with minimum levels for the 650 breeding grade.

(Side note- first breed was a pink horse)

Posted (edited)

Wow! Were you sure the parents were levels 21/24 and not 21/25 or 22/24 or something like that? Not doubting your record keeping, if those levels are correct that's a result the calculator doesn't account for. The reason why I ask is that it's just one level shy of the accumulative level of 46/450 point threshold which had a 18.92% chance of a male T5 (see here: http://www.blackd.de/horse/). I've received a T5 foal three times in the twelve breedings/exchanges that met the 450 threshold conditions, but nothing so far that wasn't listed on the outcomes. The calculator might not be 100% accurate so who knows, maybe there was a very small % chance of the T5. Regardless, congratulations on that T5!

Ah thanks to you, forgot to mention this, yes they were 22+24. We use an extra forum, some of the german guys created it, its still a little buggy so i cant edit some breedings. ^_^

Edited by Moon_Child

Posted

Forgot to add that I sold kDrwxoE.png and OPxokAE.pngfor 23M (one had drift, one had sprint). Ridiculously low amount of silver for the time investment but as a horse breeder 23M is going to triple my net worth even after the taxes.

I understand the time investment, I am on my 6th T6 starting from the scratch with my abysmal RNG and without any cash shop convenience. But I am still sitting on 50+ millions silver and have my gear between 10 and 14 without any mobs grinding. I make and sell wagons, horse gear, timber and sunflower boxes. If you set your workers and use your energy right it is possible to make money while still training horses most of the time. Being a horse breeder does not mean you have to be *that* broke.

Posted

Quick question guys,  from OP post training skills  level don't have to do with the horses getting skills while they level up,  I was sure I read in reddit that somehow it has an effect,  can anyone confirm? Thanks. 

Posted

Thank you for the help with the analysis, @Elderim and @Impulse. It's very much appreciated. :)

It's been updated for the day and I've fixed the colors for 3D and 5G. I will accept Bouwplan's information as gospel from now on. And tbh, it does make more sense. Those colors seemed a bit off to begin with. I've also fixed the T4xT6=T7 breeding that I messed up last night. I'm sorry, it was late. The breeding is correct. It was linked to this thread from reddit. I just had the color of one of the parents wrong. So there have not as yet been any T7's born with parents that have less than 7 in a color.

Posted

when training skills like sprint, mines at 17% right now, will it gain exp over time just by riding or do I have to actively use the skill? thanks and at 100% does it still require the minigame?

u have to use the skill and do the minigame until it at 100%, once it that is done no more minigame and ur sprint is alot faster.

Posted (edited)

Thank you, Bombmk. I may consider using it once my boyfriend has a chance to mess with it. He's the coding guru. Though I don't think I make very many mistakes, to be honest. I try to be very careful and double check things. There's an occasional slip, but I think I'm doing pretty good to have so few mistakes in 1400 entries. :)

Oh, absolutely. There are indeed very few errors considering manual input and the amount of data. (We only need one faulty point of data to have an explosion of speculation, though. :))

My point was mainly to make your "job" easier. Deeply appreciate the work.

Edited by bombmk
1 person likes this

Posted

Update on my quest for either a black or white T7 from the ground up.

W3xni87.pngT1 Male level 26 + T1 Female level 24 W3xni87.png

First 

vuV4beE.png T4 M Q Robby 2/2/2

Reset

MhyLn6n.pngT3 F E Honey 2/1/1

Exchange

3D3xqPI.pngT3 F B Luna 0/2/2

Over all I am happy! I get way to many males, and Luna was kinda what i was going for. I want to take all red out of the line. So I am going to mate Robby with honey hoping I will get a male that is a mixture of black and white only. (probibly not going to happen.) 

Other news, while the horses were breeding I was training sprint on Amber. In the middle of training he leveled up to 2 and got instant acceleration. I am vary happy with this probibly will end up using him for a long time. With that being said I fully trained both of them now my hand hurts...

wow_zpsppovnvip.png

Good luck everyone trying for T7's!

5 people like this

Posted

Ah thanks to you, forgot to mention this, yes they were 22+24. We use an extra forum, some of the german guys created it, its still a little buggy so i cant edit some breedings. ^_^

That makes sense, apologies for being pedantic. I wasn't sure if it was just an oversight as I myself have mis-recorded things before (usually colour values or horse type), but a buggy forum is out of your hands. No worries with forgetting to mention that before, in the grand scheme of things one mis-recording (even if it weren't due to a bug) among as many breedings as you posted is a minor mistake. Getting a T5 out of T2s is still a great result! I see it a nice reward for taking the time to bring them up to 46 total level/450 threshold as I usually aim for T4s from them. All the best for your future breeding outcomes, and if you're working toward a T7, good luck! ^_^

Posted (edited)

Not sure if I should use this new T6 with my T5 male for a chance at red purebreed, or if I should wait and go for the white one..

It's the only t6 with 4 in white, and there's only one t5 with 4+ in white as well. If you care to ever try for a white t7 I'd save this one - by contrast there are plenty of t5/t6 horses with 3 in red.

Wish that horse looked more black instead of grey in-game, abit said about it's speed too. Have one who learnt drift and sideways step, donno what to do with it now though =x

It's the only t6 skin I never once got (and I have 22xt6 horses at the moment, having already bred countless pairs). Coincidentally it's the only t6 skin I want.

Edited by Stillheart
1 person likes this

Posted

That makes sense, apologies for being pedantic. I wasn't sure if it was just an oversight as I myself have mis-recorded things before (usually colour values or horse type), but a buggy forum is out of your hands. No worries with forgetting to mention that before, in the grand scheme of things one mis-recording (even if it weren't due to a bug) among as many breedings as you posted is a minor mistake. Getting a T5 out of T2s is still a great result! I see it a nice reward for taking the time to bring them up to 46 total level/450 threshold as I usually aim for T4s from them. All the best for your future breeding outcomes, and if you're working toward a T7, good luck! ^_^

Thanks again and same to you, even if it is a male out of those t2, i'm still happy. He looks awesome to me and has a nice colour value. I'm actually working on my first try for a T7, i dont have enough horses in black/white to try it with an T7 black/white, which looks awesome, so i decided to try it with my red. But it seems to take a little more time, i think i can post some new results in few days. ^_^

Posted

I have had both male and female from the same pair of horses. That shoots that down - as a strict rule at least. Does not disprove an influence, ofc.

It isn't a strict rule, apparently. Well, it's all theorycrafting at the end of the day - but supposedly the theroy states that:

The closer the male and the female are in level, the more equal the chances are of a random foal. If the female is higher level, the RNG is in favour for a female foal and vice versa.

Could be total horseshit (:D) but in my desperation I'm going to try it.

Posted (edited)

u have to use the skill and do the minigame until it at 100%, once it that is done no more minigame and ur sprint is alot faster.

thanks for the reply, do all horses have the ability to sprint? since my T3 can sprint, even though it doesnt have the skill, does having the skill just make the sprint much faster?

edit: nvm just finished mastering sprint, it is faster.

Edited by guhugh

Posted (edited)

Euz0Cxa.pngT4 Lvl 22+GeJyVEp.pngT4 Lvl 17  =  iP8SvQq.pngT6 Male  and PLTahbx.pngT5 Female

Whew... missed the fluffy Pink and Yellow T5  virus this time around.

Edit: I just realized that this is the slowest T6 and the fastest T5.... funny RNG.

Edited by Askavi

Posted (edited)

This may be a silly question but is it possible to catch this horse in the wild? I need it but I have looked for it in the wild but no luck. I have come across horses changing when you check them in at a stable, is this the case of this one?

Elusive_Horse.thumb.png.1c945e791f6e9127

PS: This is the tier 2.

Edited by Alanowen

Posted

This may be a silly question but is it possible to catch this horse in the wild? I need it but I have looked for it in the wild but no luck. I have come across horses changing when you check them in at a stable, is this the case of this one?

Elusive_Horse.thumb.png.1c945e791f6e9127

PS: This is the tier 2.

Horses dont "change" they may look different becouse of the light but they dont change.

As for this horse it is only breedable, cant catch it in the wild
But since its T2 should be easy to go n try for it :)

Posted

I heard it last weekend again. Two guild mates said that they have tamed a T3 wild horse, the "blue" one (I think is 3B). I didn't believe it, but ... Is it confirmed? Are there T3 in the wild?

Posted

Horses dont "change" they may look different becouse of the light but they dont change.
As for this horse it is only breedable, cant catch it in the wild
But since its T2 should be easy to go n try for it :)

Thanks, I suppose I will have to breed it now.

Posted

I actually called mine "Pinkie" ;)