• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Horse Breeding / Findings MegaThread

27,967 posts in this topic

Posted

Guys a quick question, a google search didn't find an answers:

Is the horse stat gain per level random? e.g. do indentical T4s @ lvl 30 have the same speed value? If not, wouldn't that mean that higher tiers only give better chances at good horses but, e.g. a Tier 4 could overall be better @ lvl 30 than a T6?

These were same horses of mine at lvl 20 :)

2016-04-21_178454240.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

@Nimi

I don't think you understood my question.

Stats per levels are random.

Posted (edited)

Shocking as this may seem this game isn't only a horse breeding simulator. If all you do is breed horses it is going to get tedious with the 1 week of leveling required for higher breeds. The system was designed to level horses when afk, at night, etc. and also while riding them around to do other things in game.

Think of it this way. If you spend a week leveling horses and fail to get a good result and that's all you did in game for that week that's gonna hurt. But if in that week you also played around on an alt, got your gloves to +15, did boss scrolls with your guildies, and explored islands on your new boat it isn't going to seem so bad.

While I agree....one cannot level a horse if you're doing something else either hehe.....I have so much I need/want to do in this game...struggle sometimes just staring at the screen deciding what to do next on which character.

Edited by Maviarab
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

@Nimi

I don't think you understood my question.

Ah, thought you meant something else and yes random =) 

Edited by Nimi

Posted

Finally get to do a breeding today:

3D3xqPI.png + GeJyVEp.png = 200.gif Gimme moar higher tier females please!!

2 people like this

Posted

Yikes. The calculator doesn't take color theory into account. Because you had red in one of the parents the game could "roll red" when looking for a skin. Since you don't have enough red for a T7 it would have to start the process over or downgrade. So your T7 chances for that breeding were 1/2 what the calculator said.

Personally I would wait to breed T7s until T8s come out.

It's impossible to get a tier 8 via breeding without another tier 8 though, right? I figured I might as well aim for another tier 7 than a tier 8.

Posted

image.thumb.png.638fcfb6a7d41cbe32017c17Tier 6 M level 28

X

image.thumb.png.3640001423e7d0c44eedcea1Tier 4 F level 30

=

image.thumb.png.fecdb1868b82820f27e70733Tier 6 F name IronMaiden

Exchange

image.thumb.png.638fcfb6a7d41cbe32017c17Tier 6 M with Instant Accel name Metallica

Posted

Guys a quick question, a google search didn't find an answers:

Is the horse stat gain per level random? e.g. do indentical T4s @ lvl 30 have the same speed value? If not, wouldn't that mean that higher tiers only give better chances at good horses but, e.g. a Tier 4 could overall be better @ lvl 30 than a T6?

I think this speaks for itself. the one slow potato horse is also terrible at breeding.... first foal from her was a desaster. Second is on the way, but i don't have any high hopes :D

2n99ao2.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

2s6avkp.jpg

My male breeding horse for the T7 white has learnt 2-seater! Really hope I get the T7 out of his first two breeds so I don't have to exchange him xD

1 person likes this

Posted

I think this speaks for itself. the one slow potato horse is also terrible at breeding.... first foal from her was a desaster. Second is on the way, but i don't have any high hopes :D

I need a female of this horse too D':
Either way gl to you P:

Posted (edited)

I need a female of this horse too D':Either way gl to you P:

x) You might have the right parents. I remember i got mine from some mustardy-ketchupy thing ... xD both.

edit: that's the breedings. xD it was a frustration reset on the female because it was my ONLY female t4...(highest female i had at the time...)

mahtd.jpg

edit2: HALLELUJAH. The wagon curse has been lifted! No more getting haunted by a heap of firewood. YESSSSSSSS!

Edited by Ashayam
3 people like this

Posted

Thanks for the answers so far, but the variance seems to be in a close rang. Anywy getting the right skills is more important.

Posted

x) You might have the right parents. I remember i got mine from some mustardy-ketchupy thing ... xD both.

D: I have a mustard Female atm so might give it a shot lol just, I dont think pairing her with another mustard would do any good...it failed last time x'))
BTW, is mustard horse really 2/2/1? The other sheet says its 2/1/1 so I am a bit confused here :'D

Posted

2n99ao2.jpg

buts its rng , you got a female at least ,,,

this horse gave me my black horse 

Posted (edited)

D: I have a mustard Female atm so might give it a shot lol just, I dont think pairing her with another mustard would do any good...it failed last time x'))
BTW, is mustard horse really 2/2/1? The other sheet says its 2/1/1 so I am a bit confused here :'D

hum .. the version i use says 2/2/1 too. I use this one http://imgur.com/a/DaeiQ

Btw... don't do this.

D: I have a mustard Female atm

I nearly choked on my drink, laughing when reading that... xD ... when are you NOT having a mustard at hand...

GREAT... the wagon is gone. now I'm haunted by my breeding results... really?

mahtd.jpg

Edited by Ashayam
1 person likes this

Posted

I think I will start breeding them at 25 instead of 30.. I've seen quite a few pp get tier 6s from lvl 25 tier 4s. Where I bred a lvl 30 tier 5 with a lvl 30 tier4 and got a tier 5.....

Posted

mmmh well the spreadsheet hasn't been updated in a month, so it's likely this is outdated by now.

Yea I should stick with the other one then :'D

Posted

ok

so bred

TIER 2
t2m 14 
TIER 2
t2 19f
got 
gDdOcIS.pngt4 Male

exchanged for
3D3xqPI.png t3f

so not a bad swap for a horse that i bought on market for 50k

Posted

Yeah i dont care about the silver.  But moreso was curious if resetting the M thats 0/2/4 would be worth just because he's already level 29 and has high black you know?

If you have another female that could match with this male for a T7 black try, then go ahead if you want to use reset and then exchange it later

Posted

oh god.. My breeding is done. What do i do if it's a fail .. what do i do if its a MUSTARD?!

exchange or not exchange. I know i said Belaar was my baby, but damn i got this T5 mare that is like lvl 7 and already has sprint drift and sideways move and could become my new main mount...... :/ i dunno what to do. great ofc now i'm somewhere in balenos on my way to velia and nowhere near calpheon to get the foal ...... ugh more time to decide.

Posted

oh god.. My breeding is done. What do i do if it's a fail .. what do i do if its a MUSTARD?!

exchange or not exchange. I know i said Belaar was my baby, but damn i got this T5 mare that is like lvl 7 and already has sprint drift and sideways move and could become my new main mount...... :/ i dunno what to do. great ofc now i'm somewhere in balenos on my way to velia and nowhere near calpheon to get the foal ...... ugh more time to decide.

It will be um... pinky mcredderton fluffleboots!!

Posted (edited)

*feels like a complete badass atm*2016-04-27_13093723.thumb.JPG.943ccff58b

Parents: T6 lvl 21 + T6 lvl 23

2016-04-27_12020175.thumb.JPG.2357566ab5

Edited by Sylvain
2 people like this

Posted

Well I wish you all the best :'D 
Tbh I am kind of regreting not exchanging one my T6 female on chance of T7 now becouse she didnt learn anything else from good skills...just sprint lol