• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Horse Breeding / Findings MegaThread

27,967 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I've got the horse armours myself. Whereas I can't say they do nothing, I don't think they do very much (I suppose it would help to know the extra chance it gives).

But I am wondering whether horse skills - or some horse skills - affect breeding. I could swear I read somewhere (maybe in game?) that better skills can affect your breeding results.

I'd like to know whether any of the breeders who now have T7s used parents having Drift, Sprint, Insta Accel, Sideways Move or Two Seater.

I highly doubt any of that is true, I have used horses like that even put them in the blender and gotten 222 T5's out of it :P

Edit:
Guessing soon we'll do weird rituals with feeding them carrots/sugar cubes etc too to "increase" odds haha

Edited by Someone

Posted

I highly doubt any of that is true, I have used horses like that even put them in the blender and gotten 222 T5's out of it :P

I hope I'm imagining it, because I breed Hodor horses. :)

Posted

I hope I'm imagining it, because I breed Hodor horses. :)

Well my T7's did not have parents with tons of those skills 1-2 of them each. :)

Posted

Anyone got any non purebreed T7 yet?

Posted

Anyone got any non purebreed T7 yet?

Don't think they are coming before Valencia, if they were out there would probably already be people showing them off. Seeing it would increase the chance of T7's.

Posted

I've got the horse armours myself. Whereas I can't say they do nothing, I don't think they do very much (I suppose it would help to know the extra chance it gives).

But I am wondering whether horse skills - or some horse skills - affect breeding. I could swear I read somewhere (maybe in game?) that better skills can affect your breeding results.

I'd like to know whether any of the breeders who now have T7s used parents having Drift, Sprint, Insta Accel, Sideways Move or Two Seater.

You are not alone...I read it too.

Not sure if it was the flowing tool tip or somewhere at the stable, but somewhere it says that skills increase chances of breeding.

What I'm not sure of is if the quality or quantity affects breeding.

From my own experience, there has been no difference in breeding potatoes or einsteins

2 people like this

Posted

You are not alone...I read it too.

Not sure if it was the flowing tool tip or somewhere at the stable, but somewhere it says that skills increase chances of breeding.

What I'm not sure of is if the quality or quantity affects breeding.

From my own experience, there has been no difference in breeding potatoes or einsteins

I rather wonder if it influences skills they learn even if little...I know ppl say no its rng
But from beginning most common better skill I got was drift, later on sprint once I got it on one horse itjust seemed to spread...instant accel is reaaally rare in my horses have it just on one T5 atm and his mom had it too lol
Makes me feel like it runs in blood xDD but sometimes you just get rlly stupid ones lol 

Posted

I rather wonder if it influences skills they learn even if little...I know ppl say no its rngBut from beginning most common better skill I got was drift, later on sprint once I got it on one horse itjust seemed to spread...instant accel is reaaally rare in my horses have it just on one T5 atm and his mom had it too lol
Makes me feel like it runs in blood xDD but sometimes you just get rlly stupid ones lol 

I bred T6 male with Sprint+Accel+Drift with T5 female with accel and drift. Foal itself is dumb buttplug. I lvled him up to 30 and only thing he's got is drift (fore chops and hind kicks don't count)

Posted (edited)

I rather wonder if it influences skills they learn even if little...I know ppl say no its rngBut from beginning most common better skill I got was drift, later on sprint once I got it on one horse itjust seemed to spread...instant accel is reaaally rare in my horses have it just on one T5 atm and his mom had it too lol

I made the same experinece with my horses, first there was drift, then my first T5 with sprint then first instant acceleration.

Most recently first T6 with drift and instant acceleration soon hitting level 28.

I just found the source. (Well actually my wife found it ;))

Gametip 272

"Horses with certain skills have a better chance of breeding higher grade horses when mating including exchanges."

Edited by Mr.Drown

Posted

I bred T6 male with Sprint+Accel+Drift with T5 female with accel and drift. Foal itself is dumb buttplug. I lvled him up to 30 and only thing he's got is drift (fore chops and hind kicks don't count)

well yea I said sometimes you just get really stupid ones xD I was rather talking about the bigger picture not just single bad one x))

Posted (edited)

well yea I said sometimes you just get really stupid ones xD I was rather talking about the bigger picture not just single bad one x))

I must admit, it was extreme case. But honestly? I didn't see single breed result with your theory and this buttplug horse has 10 skills total. Every single foal had different skills (even smart horses). I had only ONE t6 in my life which has sprint+instant accel combo without resetting/changing skills via p2w bullshit. So in my experience, it's not the case. I'd say having good skills on horses are pure RNG. Right now i'm leveling female t6 (she's 27 already) - both her parents had instant accel, one had drift. The only skill worth mentioning she has right now is sideway moves (10 skills total) and i don't think she will learn anything else. (I don't consider drift to be "good" skill)

Edited by Yaceek

Posted (edited)

I must admit, it was extreme case. But honestly? I didn't see single breed result with your theory and this buttplug horse has 10 skills total. Every single foal had different skills (even smart horses). I had only ONE t6 in my life which has sprint+instant accel combo without resetting/changing skills via p2w bullshit. So in my experience, it's not the case. I'd say having good skills on horses are pure RNG. Right now i'm leveling female t6 (she's 27 already) - both her parents had instant accel, one had drift. The only skill worth mentioning she has right now is sideway moves (10 skills total) and i don't think she will learn anything else. (I don't consider drift to be "good" skill)

Well I say better skill becouse it definitely increases price of the horse lol
And I am not claiming this is how it works just what I observed in my own horses since I started breeding P:

Edited by Silvite

Posted

Another day, another breeding.

dcnTZG7.pngT3 L22 F + 4GDscFp.pngT4 L25 M = GeJyVEp.pngT4 F

Made someone happy afterwards by selling the T3 F and got my stallion another mare;

0fQF7sH.pngT4 L25 F + 4GDscFp.pngT4 L25 M = Do05Pfw.pngT5 M

Well, I hoped for a T6. But a high red value isn't bad. Sooo time for their last trip in hope of a T6 *exchange magic happens below*

pzK63nR.pngOMG my first T6. A male. And what an awesome color. Funny, I named him Nightflame which seems to fit him.

For now he will rest at the stables while I level my T5 pair for their final two levels in hope of a T7 (ok who am I kidding, I can consider myself lucky if it's not another T5).

cdCBeTB.pngMare + 7wq9xH7.pngStallion = both 27 atm, 2L/Horse to go °_°

Posted

Alternatively, another cause might be non-game related. A person I was talking to in game chat had their horse stop autolooping without guild pings being the culpritt. They came to the conclusion that it was their browser doing it. They left their browser on this thread, and every time someone posted, their horse would stop moving. I'd imagine this would be the same for other threads too, but as this one gets a lot of traffic, it stopped their horse frequently. Your case is different in that the horse veers off the path, so I'm not sure if your problem is the same.

I play on a potato laptop and occasionally if I'm multitasking too many other things while BDO is minimized, the entire game will lag/stutter (despite being in low resource mode). This causes autoloop to go in a straight line/overshoot turns with sometimes deadly results. More frequently I tend to lag when entering towns (e.g. Altinova entrance) and my wagon will get stuck on one of the fences around there lol

If you ever autopath between Heidel and Altinova, there's also one spot around 1/3rd of the way across that is particularly susceptible to game freezing. It's not just me; I've come back from afk to find the game client frozen, restarted game ... and saw multiple other people's mounts frozen in the same spot when I logged back in. Food for thought :D

Posted

Here's one more reason to level horses exclusively in wagons:

During the night, someone went around and knocked every autolooping rider off their horse within a certain region. I come back to seeing a ton of riderless horses with their riders standing idly nearby. It must have happened shortly after I went to sleep because my horse had very little exp to show for the night.

Frustrating. People suck.

Posted

Yey! My buttplug T6 at lvl 25 learned two-seater, insta accel, sprint and charge. best horse i owned so far!

Posted

fellow horse aficionados, i'm posting to let you know that on Alustin Serendia A2 Sigmund from VikingOnSrooms, is killing you and the horse you're trying to tame pretending she's guarding it for a friend of her for 20 min, but of course she tell you that after killing the horse, and you three times :)

Be warned

Posted (edited)

Here's one more reason to level horses exclusively in wagons:

During the night, someone went around and knocked every autolooping rider off their horse within a certain region. I come back to seeing a ton of riderless horses with their riders standing idly nearby. It must have happened shortly after I went to sleep because my horse had very little exp to show for the night.

Frustrating. People suck.

fellow horse aficionados, i'm posting to let you know that on Alustin Serendia A2 Sigmund from VikingOnSrooms, is killing you and the horse you're trying to tame pretending she's guarding it for a friend of her for 20 min, but of course she tell you that after killing the horse, and you three times :)

Be warned

Why you make sure you don't hit 45 on your breeder and/or stay within safe zone limits.

Edited by Maviarab

Posted

I have been quite lucky with my horses, i have one T5F, four T6M and three T6F (all pairs first go)

i bred two T5 at lvl 30 and got T6M and T5F. Both parents knew drift and the mother also knew sprint and instant accel. The offspring (my current T5F) knows all of those skills at only lvl 17 and other skills too. Another one of my T6F also knows all three skills and her sibling knows two of them (they also had one parent with all three and the other knew drift) 

To me it seems the skills do pass on but has a higher chance to do so if the skill is 100% mastered, which i do for all horses who know drift, sprint and instant accel. Im lvling all of my current horses to 30 and waiting for the crossbreed T7s as i dont want to waste horses with good skills and not progress in the tiers (checked all of mine but i can get 6 points in one colour but 2 in both others) i know there are more T6s and T7s to be realsed (and T8 a lot later) which can provide higher colour points. Im not too sure if the colour theory is right or not but im waiting until more T7s are avaliable just in case (hopefully ill get a T7 from them with all three skills) 

So far RNG has been in my favour with the skills that my horses are learning, lvling skills also gets easier the higher in training you are im currently Training lvl Pro9 ans only takes 25mins to lvl the best three skills to 100% considering they get learnt under 20% its not so bad.

Im just a massive fan of all the horse taming and breeding etc 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

...If you ever autopath between Heidel and Altinova, there's also one spot around 1/3rd of the way across that is particularly susceptible to game freezing. It's not just me; I've come back from afk to find the game client frozen, restarted game ... and saw multiple other people's mounts frozen in the same spot when I logged back in. Food for thought :D 

I frequently got kicked at that point also, there is another for me on the long road out of Heidel, heading to Calpheon, also a turn in the road near Velia. My husband told me its bad stitching in the game where they piece areas together. He's a programmer so I take his word for it. He got me a new PC for my lag issues inside towns, Calpheon was unapproachable for at least a minute, (there is still a serious stuttering area at the gate coming down from NWP) I can breeze through all areas now and my game crashing has significantly reduced.

Edited by Meep13
Can't reply outside quote box, grrrrr
1 person likes this

Posted

I frequently got kicked at that point also, there is another for me on the long road out of Heidel, heading to Calpheon, also a turn in the road near Velia. My husband told me its bad stitching in the game where they piece areas together. He's a programmer so I take his word for it. He got me a new PC for my lag issues inside towns, Calpheon was unapproachable for at least a minute, (there is still a serious stuttering area at the gate coming down from NWP) I can breeze through all areas now and my game crashing has significantly reduced.

I got game freeze at this spot...guess I wasnt the only one xD it is a road that leads from Heidel to Calpheon lulz

2016-05-05_48798555.JPG

Posted (edited)

JQvipJ3.png N4yNWhR.png    PQdPVSt.png   v2PCb19.png   9q55bmJ.png

M T5L29 0D              +           F T5L18 0D          =          M T6 (Breed)                  F T6 (Breed)                F T6 (Exchange)

JQvipJ3.png

M T5L29 0D       +

fi88tJZ.png
YAmBFBt.png   F T6 (Breed)      N4yNWhR.png    
 F T5L29 0D            =             F T5 (Breed)    

0D = 0 Deaths       

Edited by Nimbus
Explanation and adding more data

Posted

This week's breeding results - levelling horses took a back seat due to me actually playing the game since Maehwa came out. Some of the levels were not optimal but patience is hard to come by!

f4yX5c2.png

I now finally have my first try at white T7, also a try at black T7 from previous breeds.

And yes, I got 10 million pink female T5's - seems I picked up the cloning bug :P at least they're not orange though!

1 person likes this

Posted

Pretty excited that my T7 at level 26 has instant accel and drift at 100%. Just want to learn sideways step, but that has been very rare (like two seater) for me to learn on any of my horses. Only had on a couple =/

Posted

I am yet to have a T7 but i dont have the correct horses for it (going by colour theory) just a lot of good T6s O.o