• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Horse Breeding / Findings MegaThread

27,967 posts in this topic

Posted

And as for the other matter, my guildie got one of those rarely mentioned purebred anomalies. I've verified it in her records and I trust that the information is correct. She bred a 4I (0.0.4) with a 5I (2.2.2), so a total of (2.2.6). This would obviously give her a good chance at a black purebred. However, she received the WHITE t5 purebred, which shouldn't have been an option.

Any chance she has screen shots? I'm really skeptical. Every time so far someone has reported something like this it turns out they had the skins wrong in either the parents or the foal. I'm not saying she was trolling you but mistakes happen.

And for the record (I know you know this but just for the general readers of this thread) it wouldn't give a good chance at a black purebred (T5 or T6) but it would give here a chance. It would also give her a chance at any horse with <= 2 red or <= 2 white or <= 6 black which is...almost all of them. So the odds of a pure bred are pretty slim. This is why getting a T7 purebred after they patch in the other colors is going to be even harder than it is now.

1 person likes this

Posted

FINALLY! My 1st Tier 7 :xMy1stTier7.thumb.png.a7676caa196f09ec542

So you just came here to post a screen of your T7 without giving any datas about the parents and stuff ? Sorry if i'm rude but : Useless.

What would be usefull is posting all your attempts, including fails to collect real datas and not just post that you got a T7.

6 people like this

Posted

So you just came here to post a screen of your T7 without giving any datas about the parents and stuff ? Sorry if i'm rude but : Useless.

What would be usefull is posting all your attempts, including fails to collect real datas and not just post that you got a T7.

This. This is what Ashayam has been trying to tell you guys, she isnt mad about people getting T7's but ya'll act all butthurt about what she said :(

7 people like this

Posted

Agree!

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

says the exchange of a pair of 0/6/3 combined parents got them a 0/0/5 foal. ... and tbh... rolling a rare zero on white is more plausible that "proccing a lucky +2" on black ;P  (IF this is true. Noone knows. could be just to get attention or to try to prove the color theory wrong)

That is the thing.
Rukh is reporting an anomaly. I have a guild mate insisting he got a T7 black from a combo that should be max 6 in black. And there are a few other single outliers in the reported data that should not be possible - according to our current, most agreed upon, theory/theories. And some people might outright be lying. Why? Because some people are strange that way - for various reasons.

Either way: In all three cases I am withholding belief. I don't doubt that Rukh checked as thoroughly as possible, or that my guild mate is telling me what he believes to be true. But until substantiated with more results or better evidence, I am defaulting to the assumption that someone made a mistake in recording or remembering. Not because I don't want it to be true, but without reproduction it is almost non actionable information. I say almost, because it just triggered a thought I want to check out against the data. :)

Ashayam - I think the color "rolling" works a little different than you present it. (Yours could very well be correct, it is just the programmer in me that think it sounds a little off. End result is non-distinguishable really, unless your assumed "die" has weighted numbers)

Here is how I think it goes:

1: Roll according to breeding grade to get tier/sex combo. Lets say "T4M" for example.

2: Then pick red, white or black.

3: Then pick a random T4 type with a number> 0 and <= parents total in that color.

No data found? Do 1-3 again.

Edited by bombmk
Precision

Posted (edited)

Well My first White T7 attempt failed - got BUTTplug

But second skill learned Two Seater ;)

2016-05-09_7642810.JPG

Edited by FanBlackDesert
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Well My first T7 attempt failed - got BUTTplug

Give breeding infos (parents tier / level) please or this isn't really usefull.

Edited by Eyolis

Posted

2016-05-09_7642810.JPG

Every time I see these kind of horses from the back I think it has diarrhea

Posted (edited)

I agree but there is no reason to be rude... Starting out with "Sorry if I'm rude" is like when people start a sentence with "I'm not racist but..." and then always follow up with the most racist comment imaginable. Just ask them to post their parents and other results. For example...

Can you post the parents info?

Edited by Impulse
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Give breeding infos (parents tier / level) or this is quite useless for this thread.

I already did at page 594

But here is the info again

7wq9xH7.pngF L27+ 7xQiHla.pngM L26 = PQdPVSt.png

Edited by FanBlackDesert

Posted

I agree but there is no reason to be rude... Starting out with "Sorry if I'm rude" is like when people start a sentence with "I'm not racist but..." and then always follow up with the most racist comment imaginable. Just as them to post their parents and other results. For example...

This is my rude day because the last pages of this thread are full of this. We all need a rude day.

Posted

She or he did few post back i think

This. This is what Ashayam has been trying to tell you guys, she isnt mad about people getting T7's but ya'll act all butthurt about what she said :(

Posted

No... we don't.

Oh and for general info... if you are going to rage on a person who put up a t7 beauty shot... don't quote the picture you are ranting about.  Take the time to edit out that pic please.  The only thing more "useless" than a beauty shot is 4 posts raging on that post with the same beauty shot pic in the quote.

2 people like this

Posted

Ashayam - I think the color "rolling" works a little different than you present it. (Yours could very well be correct, it is just the programmer in me that think it sounds a little off)

Here is how I think it goes:

1: Roll according to breeding grade to get tier/sex combo. Lets say "T4M" for example.

2: Then pick red, white or black.

3: Then pick a random T4 type with a number> 0 and <= parents total in that color.

No data found? Do 1-3 again.

I agree what people post sounds off from a programmer's point of view. But as I've posted before what you list also sounds off to me. I would suggest:

1. Roll according to breeding grade to get tier/sex combo. Lets say "T4M" for example.

2. Pick any T4 skin at random from the available T4 skins currently in game.

3. Does the randomly picked skin work with the parents colors according to the theory test? Yes, foal is born. No, do 1-3 again.

An accept / reject systems just makes a lot more logical sense. It automatically adjust to new skins. It removes the whole "where do the percentages go if there are no viable skins of that tier available" question.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

omg sorry about wrong post.. this forum sometimes get on me nerves... for merging wrong posts... >.<

Edited by Senbonzakura

Posted (edited)

Tomorrow it's time for my first t5/6 700 threshold attempt. Going to breed, reset and exchange. Total black 8. Got another pair t5/6 trailing just behind for 3 new attempts, total black 7. Remains to be seen if 6 tries nets me a shiny horse. :)

Carriage.jpg

Edited by Beornin

Posted

I agree what people post sounds off from a programmer's point of view. But as I've posted before what you list also sounds off to me. I would suggest:

1. Roll according to breeding grade to get tier/sex combo. Lets say "T4M" for example.

3. Does the randomly picked skin work with the parents colors according to the theory test? Yes, foal is born. No, do 1-3 again.

An accept / reject systems just makes a lot more logical sense. It automatically adjust to new skins. It removes the whole "where do the percentages go if there are no viable skins of that tier available" question.

Was talking about that with my bf yesterday, and we came to the same conclusion : that the more "logical" would be to roll between all the skin possible, under the conditions of the tier and colors of the parents. 

We can just speculate though :/

Posted

Any chance she has screen shots? I'm really skeptical. Every time so far someone has reported something like this it turns out they had the skins wrong in either the parents or the foal. I'm not saying she was trolling you but mistakes happen.

The breeding took place before she knew about this thread, so I don't think she has any screenshots. I can ask though. But I took another look at her chart. Other than 1 missing entry, she didn't even own any horses with more than 2 white until after the purebred was born. So it seems highly unlikely it's a mistake. You can see her chart for yourself though, and I'll ask her tomorrow if she has any screenshots. :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YE1gWMHsLqDGzIcvUDuR4XfI0pp1C8QsxUMOAbwVhrI/edit#gid=0

Posted

My opinion is that as well, even though there's only one thing that keeps bothering me that are some of the breeding results in Korea, they should have had a lot more T7 breeds. But you pretty much spot on how I also think the system works.

Posted (edited)

Remember that some charts have color values outdated/wrong, use this one http://imgur.com/a/DaeiQ 

Edited by Zagan

Posted

Can we all just get along? :(

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

The breeding took place before she knew about this thread, so I don't think she has any screenshots. I can ask though. But I took another look at her chart. Other than 1 missing entry, she didn't even own any horses with more than 2 white until after the purebred was born. So it seems highly unlikely it's a mistake. You can see her chart for yourself though, and I'll ask her tomorrow if she has any screenshots. :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YE1gWMHsLqDGzIcvUDuR4XfI0pp1C8QsxUMOAbwVhrI/edit#gid=0

Well unfortunately without proof this just becomes another "I got a T3 in the wild!" data point (before T3s were made available). The scientific thing to do is to note this might be a possibility and the look to see if it happens again. If it does then great. If it doesn't then also good. :)

These anomalies happen so rarely they really don't affect trying to come up with formulas or calculators. I mean it is possible than when enhancing a weapon with a black weapon stone you get a crit and it jumps up 5 levels with one stone. They could code anything they want. But I would find a claim that this happens suspicious. :)

Edited by Impulse

Posted (edited)

nvm i cant read

Edited by Eyolis

Posted

So i follow this thread for quite a while now and since i managed to get my hands on a T7 finally i thought i would share the breedings that finally led up to it:

T3 m lvl 27                     +            T3 f lvl 27                    =               T4 f                                  T4 f                       exchange  T5 f

CJpVSj8.png  PtFrdpe.png                      Xd4nM23.pngcOPACP7.pngqlSaGUb.png

T3 m lvl 27                     +             T3 f lvl 27                    =                 T5 m                        exchange  T5 f

CJpVSj8.png    iTkmETx.png                        OdM3VVN.pngOdM3VVN.png

T3 m lvl 30                     +             T5 f lvl 20                    =                   T6 m                                  T6 m

LqloXGb.png     8LKb3p5.png                          WznMgCR.pngJBSGIqH.png

T6 m lvl 28                     +             T4 f lvl 30                    =                   T6 f

JBSGIqH.png      Xd4nM23.png                            L2YbPzE.png

T6 m lvl 28                     +             T4 f lvl 30                    =                   T5 f                         exchange: T7 m  !! >o<

JBSGIqH.png        cOPACP7.png                    4LUWXR0.png         7LZD1vs.png

T6 m lvl 28                     +             T4 f lvl 30                    =                   T5 f     its Pinky ...x.x

WznMgCR.png          Xd4nM23.png                    YDtCTxI.png

not sure if i should go for the exchange since the t6 has 11 skills on lvl 28 now...but missing drift and two seater..so should i try for another T7 or rather hope that he gets at least drift in the next two lvls? >.<

and now for the pretty screen  + stats (and some crappy german ui ~ ) xp2016-05-06_45791883.thumb.jpg.2f8f8d1572

7 people like this

Posted

That's how it was on Uno before the patch. Right now there are 3+ pages of t6s up for sale,  lvl 20-30. Actually a few males with 2 breeds left (at 17-18 mil each) though most are without breeds/resets, and mostly females. Not too many t5s: 3 females, lvl 29-30, no breeds/resets, around 5-6 mil each. T4s still sell pretty well, looks like - there are a few males for 2-3 mil with too many deaths but that's about it.

It's the t6 situation that's most worrisome.

Well it must be that your server is shock full of horse breeders. On Alustin you need to hug the horse market for quite a while usually to see anything T6 pop up, T5 and T4 are slightly more common. But all of them usually get snatched up very quickly. Going at any time and checking for only T4 / T5 / T6 more often than not returns nothing.

On another note - I mentioned a few posts back that I never had any of my horses learn sprint, being prof 9. Today I sold a level 1 T3 male I had actually bred, and out of a whim I didn't collect the money. So I get to see how he does in the "My registrations tab". Well...

noSprint.thumb.jpg.7fab0e6950cb391165eac

2 people like this