• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Horse Breeding / Findings MegaThread

27,967 posts in this topic

Posted

As you all think you have potato's...here's a peach for you to giggle at :)

2016-05-09_94151691.PNG

1 person likes this

Posted

Leveling all the horses is a pain. And my luck on breeding T7 hurts too. Here are my last attempts:

tier7breeding1.thumb.PNG.d97d6ba845638e3

Guess my impatience with leveling them up to a higher level ruined my chance ... but I couldn't wait. :(

And yes I do understand the frustration of some "breeders" here. Each time when I see a post here with a new T7 I'm thinking "Why they are so lucky? I want such horse too!"
I'm on horse breeding since headstart and get nothing and other people are lucky with first attempts or just buying the already leveled horses to breed them (for the first time) to get the T7 and are successful!.

I hate RNG, but I don't hate people who are lucky. That's life.

Wish me luck for my next breeding, I cross my fingers too for all others out there. ;)

2 people like this

Posted

I don't get it why you people respond in a very rude way to others that only post photos of their t7s without the parents. OK, they did a mistake, so what? It's not as if this  thread is only about horse breeedings results. Most of the times all the 5-7 daily new pages are full of useless content about how the weather is outside or how superior others feel when some newbie horse breeder asks something. I get it it makes you feel special talking in a specific way but if you don't like what someone says you have the option to ignore it. No need to show your frustrations here since it s a thread that s supposed to help people.

6 people like this

Posted

I finally had a shot at T7.  Then I defeated the odds.. in the wrong direction.     lvl26 T5N female + lvl25 T6G  male =  T5N female and T5O female

If the calculator is right, I should have only had a ~33% chance at a T5 horse.  At least the T5N has 4 red. I just need to find it another mate. I was able to sell my lvl20ish buttplug for around 18million though so I have funds again to keep training and breeding for a while.

Posted

Hi all! It's been a while...

I just wanted to all to meet  Ifrit! My beloved T7 Purebred Mare! She is not 30 yet, but she is super smart! :)

2016-05-09_441283451.thumb.JPG.66b455bdb2016-05-09_441293023.thumb.JPG.4f9db473a2016-05-09_441305624.thumb.JPG.b531ebe57

1.thumb.jpg.fa88872869fc8aee88edfa96fdcb2.thumb.jpg.a0140bfb7a24ba536f46c26e32b83.thumb.jpg.8e5add0a7a9cf12f642b89f66155

Can't wait until she goes 30 and finish with her skill training :D 

3 people like this

Posted

So i follow this thread for quite a while now and since i managed to get my hands on a T7 finally i thought i would share the breedings that finally led up to it:

Awesome data, thanks. If you have data on other breedings--ones that didn't lead up to your T7--we are interested in those as well. Failures as well as successes help us figure out what is going on in the code.

Posted

Finally, was able to clear my reply box (bad paste).  Is there a way to clear the cache without logging in and out?

But anyway, The mess from last week was finally cleaned up.  Stables looked like a Rock Band's Hotel Suite the day after a 3 day stop in Cancun.

3666d90e51191c2a0361c503ca760ce2.jpg?ref
4 GRADE022MaleFrisco23         
c20d2984050f91dad299ed19a6edc134.jpg?ref
3 GRADE022FemaleLouis24Foal 1
3666d90e51191c2a0361c503ca760ce2.jpg?ref
4 GRADE022FemaleCario5/5/2016
3 GRADE022FemaleBerlin24Foal 2
26a69b49588d456f1d24826eec6f90ee.jpg?ref
4 GRADE113FemalePluto5/6/2016
3 GRADE022FemaleLouis24Exchange
d764654fd5583ce0a11e2de1b2919e5b.jpg?ref
4 GRADE032FemaleAlexandria5/6/2016

899e87a55edf57bbe4eea2aa9ce5724e.jpg?ref
2 GRADE201MaleBoon15         
3 GRADE022FemaleBerlin24Exchange
aa7c36d450838f432be1b5da1f349abc.jpg?ref
4 GRADE121FemaleLuxor5/6/2016

Posted

It's not as if this  thread is only about horse breeedings results.

Well part of the frustrating is that actually this is supposed to be a thread about breeding results. (It's right there in the subject of the OP. :-P) It is just the mods won't let anyone make another horse thread for the most part without merging it into this one. :(

It would be so much better if there was a horse section on the forums and there could be a results thread, a brag thread, a market thread, a skills learning thread, etc.

4 people like this

Posted

I just started with this breeding thing about 2-3 days ago and this are my results:

T1B + T1B = T4F / T4G

T3C + T3F = T4P / T5O / T5H

I also have another T5O from the pre-order compensation, time to level them up!

Posted

Fu.ck this shit.

Breeded T4 lvl 21 and T4 lvl 19 and got T4 female, and for exchange: another T4 female, fu.ck I hate this game so much ;(

Posted

I don't get it why you people respond in a very rude way to others that only post photos of their t7s without the parents. OK, they did a mistake, so what? It's not as if this  thread is only about horse breeedings results. Most of the times all the 5-7 daily new pages are full of useless content about how the weather is outside or how superior others feel when some newbie horse breeder asks something. I get it it makes you feel special talking in a specific way but if you don't like what someone says you have the option to ignore it. No need to show your frustrations here since it s a thread that s supposed to help people.

^^ This. So much can be achieved by just asking and replying in a civil manner - more so when replying to new people's posts. Instead of a simple 'gz' they get snarky replies and will most likely never contribute any past or future breeding results. 

It's gotten to the point where people posting about the SKILLS of their horse is being labelled as not useful...

Give breeding infos (parents tier / level) please or this isn't really usefull.

...where in fact the parents were listed previously when the post was related to that particular horse's BREEDING. And come on, that was the best money shot of a buttplug I've seen in a while xD

I love this thread and all the data, beauty shots, fennels, orange clones, failures and successes - it used to be the best part of this forum but ever since the first T7 rumour popped up on reddit toxicity just kept multiplying. 

6 people like this

Posted

^^ This. So much can be achieved by just asking and replying in a civil manner - more so when replying to new people's posts. Instead of a simple 'gz' they get snarky replies and will most likely never contribute any past or future breeding results. 

It's gotten to the point where people posting about the SKILLS of their horse is being labelled as not useful...

There is difference between people asking tips/questions/informations and people just coming here one time posting a successfull result.

We answer pretty much everyone that ask questions even if it was answered multiple times because we understand people can't read 500 pages even if they could use search button, always better to get answered and having discussion.

But yes we are pretty rude to people just coming here posting a single screenshot of x horse without any data about this particular breeding that they are prouf of and neither any datas about the previous fails to get there. This is what we need to correctly data mine and come up with % to further help people. Yes we could say it in some better way, that we did before but it didn't change anything so since we are human, sometimes we get tired of saying the same things over and over and here come the rude answer ^.^

And come on, that was the best money shot of a buttplug I've seen in a while xD

Best and buttplug can't be in the same sentence sorry ! Go away you evil D:

1 person likes this

Posted

I've been toying around for the past couple weeks with Taming/Breeding.  I've been doing a lot of research (including reading most of the 595 pages of this thread), going over the calculators, looking at data.

Saturday I came across an interesting post about getting t3f horses (right now I have a shortage of tier 4 and tier 5 females so figured I would do some breed stock to try to fix the problem).  So this post (and I apologize about not quoting it as I don't remember what page it was on) indicated that a T3 Male lvl3 + T2 Female lvl4 = T3 Female and that the individual had so far a 100% success rate with that formula.

So I went about collecting a few horses, decided I would start trying to narrow down the color so that I could potentially hit pure breeds later on.

So these are my results (I apologize in advance as I'm at work and can't make screen shots)

T2A LvL4 Female "Glue" + T3F LvL 3 Male "Donor" = T3A Female "Hehaw"

T2A LvL4 Female "Gluetwo" +  T3F LvL3 Male "Donor" = T3A Female "Hehas"

T2A LvL4 Female "Gluethree" + T3F LvL3 Male "Donortwo" = T3A Female "Hehar"

T2A LvL4 Female "Gluefour"  + T3F LvL3 Male "Donortwo" = T3A Female "Hehad"

So so far was like hrmm, I keep getting T3A's, so thought maybe on the exchanges something different might pop up.

Exchanged:  

T2A LvL4 Female "Glue" + T3F LvL 3 Male "Donor" = T3A Female "Hehat"

T2A LvL4 Female "Gluethree" + T3F LvL3 Male "Donortwo" = T3A Female "Hehaf"

So all in all, 6 breeds/exchanges, same skins/lvls, identical results.

4 of these females are being lvled up to 30 to breed with a couple of my T4 males in hopes of getting some T5 females and T4 females.

Next weekend going to repeat the test to see if it happens again.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

And you know wich Tier every horse has thats on the field!

That's what I do. Look what tier they are. So messed up 😆

Edited by Nimi

Posted

Yes we could say it in some better way, that we did before but it didn't change anything so since we are human, sometimes we get tired of saying the same things over and over and here come the rude answer ^.^

well if you cannot show some patience, you are not going to get very far. this 'yes we are rude about it, too bad" attitude is just going to cause posters like me to make a point of doing the exact thing that bothers you so much just because you insist on being a **** about it 

Posted

...where in fact the parents were listed previously when the post was related to that particular horse's BREEDING. And come on, that was the best money shot of a buttplug I've seen in a while xD

I love this thread and all the data, beauty shots, fennels, orange clones, failures and successes - it used to be the best part of this forum but ever since the first T7 rumour popped up on reddit toxicity just kept multiplying. 

Its the way DAUM put only 3 of the tier 7 horses in game instead of all of them that is toxic. Its a money making scheme which is working(people going nuts and buying tons of breed resets etc) so as long as this keeps working they will take their time to advance the rest of the horse tiers.  And....maybe someone flaunting they won the lottery in your face might make some bitter that havent won anything, especially when said person flaunting has contributed nothing whatsoever to the work done in this thread. I dont care either way Im just saying lol

2 people like this

Posted

well if you cannot show some patience, you are not going to get very far. this 'yes we are rude about it, too bad" attitude is just going to cause posters like me to make a point of doing the exact thing that bothers you so much just because you insist on being a **** about it 

Which makes you...a little sad really doesn't it...

Posted

Which makes you...a little sad really doesn't it...

I think it is sad when someone is "rude" to someone who is happy to have gotten a T7 just because they are jealous

QQ so sorry for spamming your 600 page thread with 1 result that was not useful to you

1 person likes this

Posted

I agree what people post sounds off from a programmer's point of view. But as I've posted before what you list also sounds off to me. I would suggest:

1. Roll according to breeding grade to get tier/sex combo. Lets say "T4M" for example.

2. Pick any T4 skin at random from the available T4 skins currently in game.

3. Does the randomly picked skin work with the parents colors according to the theory test? Yes, foal is born. No, do 1-3 again.

An accept / reject systems just makes a lot more logical sense. It automatically adjust to new skins. It removes the whole "where do the percentages go if there are no viable skins of that tier available" question.

"My" system does all of that too.
But I agree that this approach is simpler. Can't quite get my head around which approach might generate more rerolls (which I would personally avoid), so simpler wins out :). My mind was too stuck in the language used about this, I think.

Now I am wondering if we are able to get a clue about this from the data. Can't intuitively say if there is an effective difference between picking the color, then skin - or picking a skin and then checking all three colours. I need to create a simple example for myself. I'll be back. :)

Posted

We had patience before as i explained but since you didn't real full answer, won't spend time on answering you. Do what ever you if you can't take the critism

Posted

Well part of the frustrating is that actually this is supposed to be a thread about breeding results. (It's right there in the subject of the OP. :-P) It is just the mods won't let anyone make another horse thread for the most part without merging it into this one. :(

It would be so much better if there was a horse section on the forums and there could be a results thread, a brag thread, a market thread, a skills learning thread, etc.

Well my point as well, this should have been only about breedings but people tend to forget that and start talking about things NOT that vital to horse breeders and when someone forgets to add the parents of a T7 they go crazy. 

Posted

"My" system does all of that too.
But I agree that this approach is simpler. Can't quite get my head around which approach might generate more rerolls (which I would personally avoid), so simpler wins out :). My mind was too stuck in the language used about this, I think.

Now I am wondering if we are able to get a clue about this from the data. Can't intuitively say if there is an effective difference between picking the color, then skin - or picking a skin and then checking all three colours. I need to create a simple example for myself. I'll be back. :)

There is a way to tell but I don't think we have enough data.

Consider a double T5-K breeding (parents would be 0/10/0) that tries to result in a T6.

-- Under "my" system, it rolls a random T6 skin. There are 14 skins and 3 of them fail the color test so 3/14 = 21% of the time the skin will be rejected. The process starts over and maybe they don't get a T6 this next time. If they do there's another 21% chance of being rejected, etc.

-- Under "your" system, it rolls a color. 66.6% of the time it going to pick black or red and fail. I'm not sure what you think happens once it picks white. Does it pick from all 14 skins and fail 21% of the time like in my case? Or does it pick one of the 11 skins that will work and never fail at this point. This alone is suspicious to me by the way. Originally I thought the game would not roll color and just pick a skin from ones that work with color theory. That turned out to be too easy and not match the data at all. So I don't like "it figures out which skins work and picks from them" algorithms.

I was (still plan on it) going to code a little monte carlo simulator to test this--at least I can't figure out how to model something like this analytically. But there just isn't enough data (I don't think) to see which one is happening. I mean I don't think there's been a single 0/10/0 breeding reported so far, let alone enough to do a statistical comparison. 

Posted

I think the T6 J horse is one of the "smarter" horses out there.  I've got my first one and he started out with drift and by level 3 he learned instant accel.  I've been reading through this forum and looking at the horse market and all of the T6 J I've seen so far had good abilities.  Can anyone else prove this?  Also, for anyone out there who has a T7 horse, did yours learn a lot of abilities? I know its RNG but the tier supposedly has a benefit on the number/quality of skills learned.2016-05-09_-2020206676.thumb.JPG.08a92e7

Posted

I think even if it doesnt fully apply to your system, picking grade+skin VS picking grade+color, it makes a huge difference in terms of breeding. The color pick system would give better odds towards getting purebreeds, meaning that if I wanted a purebreed or a specific skin i would have better chances going with horses that would either be purebreeds as well or less ideal X/X/0. Even yesterday I settled my mind going for T7 with at most 2 colors only but Impulsive explained it so well the grade+skin system that now i really think unfortunately it doesn't make any difference as long as I have a >=7 in one color doesn't matter if I have more colors or not.

Posted (edited)

Can we please stop with the discussion going on in this thread and go back to horses, it has lasted too long already.

Edited by Zagan
3 people like this