• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Horse Breeding / Findings MegaThread

27,967 posts in this topic

Posted

I've done more than 18 breeds/exchanges this way, with 100% success rate. I think the game design puts in a broad margin for females as access to breeding. It might be harder to get T7s, but the game would not work if it didn't get you started so to speak. But what do I know...btw, two mistakes from me in different lvls achieved two males,

Not testing the t2/t3 mix to get t3 female, more of the point that I want to see if i get more T3A females from the same skins as I used this weekend.

Just thought it was odd that breeding two horses that favored red more resulted in constant 0 red fouls.

Posted

Not testing the t2/t3 mix to get t3 female, more of the point that I want to see if i get more T3A females from the same skins as I used this weekend.

Just thought it was odd that breeding two horses that favored red more resulted in constant 0 red fouls.

I have been wondering this as well. It seems that I now have a tendency to breed T6Es (the dreaded 'smurf' horse) and T5Ns. I have had three T5Ns and 2 T6Es from my last few breeds (don't remember the parents though).

I don't have any data to back it up, but I'm wondering whether a horse has a likelier chance to produce a particular foal over others (providing the colour theory holds).

Posted

I was the person to offer the t3m lvl3 + t2f lvl 4 formula. I can tell you that in at least three dozen - probably more - breedings I've done of that particular pair, the result  has been 100% the black/white cow t3f with white mane/tail (with 1 possible exception but I honestly don't remember it that was even the case - meaning, it was still a t3f but it might have been a blueberry). It doesn't matter which color parents are used, either. Same result from all of them.

Posted

I have been wondering this as well. It seems that I now have a tendency to breed T6Es (the dreaded 'smurf' horse) and T5Ns. I have had three T5Ns and 2 T6Es from my last few breeds (don't remember the parents though).

I don't have any data to back it up, but I'm wondering whether a horse has a likelier chance to produce a particular foal over others (providing the colour theory holds).

But you have the data:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XEEtygDTCAEnsz3zinLWOkIgcP444pv_PhSGd6_0wJg/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=1988836829

Just need to parse through 1000+ breedings and tell us if you see a pattern. We'll be right here. /taps foot

:-D

Posted

Staying away from the rudeness arguments, I just wanted to say the more data the better. We are trying to figure out how the algorithm actually applies color theory. For example, see here:

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/46803-horse-breeding-findings-megathread/&page=595#comment-1071095

The more data we have the more we can look for small clues that might help us figure this out. All breeding results are helpful, not just T7 successes and failures.

I understand that and I agree with you. I'm just pointing out that some are taking the first opportunity to call someone useless for sharing their excitement about their first t7 horse. Just ask them to post their data, no need to be rude.

Posted

These are my latest breedings. ( the t7 is the one I took 2 days ago ) 

Untitled.png

Posted (edited)

My T7 attempts for the day:

T6 Male Level 28 OPxokAE.png + T6 Female Level 27nbCSOPz.png =

Male T6 HtSsTfR.png

Male T6 pzK63nR.png

I still have an exchange left for tomorrow in an attempt to get a T7 Black from this pairing. I was overrun with females, so these 2 T6 males give me 2 more pairings (t6/t5) that has a chance at T7 black.

Edited by Noe

Posted

You could always ghost ride it into the abandoned mine and salute as it goes by, with your friends playing the bagpipes nearby.

Wj4GD6k.gif

...or just sell it at the stable. :)

::saves gif::

"dreaded"???? really thats the t6 i want 

Posted

Long time no posting here... I have been breeding away but have not been trying for T7s.  Getting good high level T6s is hard enough that I decided a while ago to wait until the other T7s are in the game and then do a mass breeding of my T6s.  It seems clear to me that the T7 odds are much lower than expected with only the purebreds in the game.

I am up to 12 T6s stabled and 8 T5s.  Since the last patch my luck has been bad... 4 T5s in a row now.  Feels to me like breeding percents were just nerfed but...  could just be rng.

Posted

Well my first attempt at  T7... and it failed.

pzK63nR.pngT6 M lvl 28 + DF8HScu.png T4 F lvl 30 = CiVmLIz.png T5 female, breeding

I'm not sure if I want to reset the female now and try again or wait until they put in more T7s.... Knowing my RNG luck I probably should wait.

Posted

New T7 black purebred confirmed.

First breeding attempt on the following horses:

T6 Male lvl 30 color E

T6 Female lvl 24 color F

Follows color theory

Good luck out there everyone. It is possible!

What made it not possible?  There are lots of attempts that ended with the same results.

Posted

Hey guys and gals!  

Apparently I broke the cardinal rules out of my excitement and posted my beautiful Tier 7 w/o any data. So here's my attempt to unravel those bunched up panties. Please take my measly offering kind sirs and madams. :D

6a77bfd31118da9726c43c365e5ec70a.jpg T6N/LVL 28/Male 9q55bmJ.pngT6G/LVL 27/Female  =v2PCb19.pngT6E/Male

6a77bfd31118da9726c43c365e5ec70a.jpgT6N/LVL 28/Male9q55bmJ.pngT6G/LVL 27/Female/RESET  =a14JK6i.pngT6H/Female

6a77bfd31118da9726c43c365e5ec70a.jpgT6N/LVL 28/Male/RESETa14JK6i.pngT6H/LVL 27/Female =  T7B/Male

Here we are together happily eating all the salt. :x

2016-05-09_980683430.thumb.JPG.fe8ca1d08

5 people like this

Posted

What sucks, I was ready to breed some horses tonight, but there is a wide spread Internet service outage for Cox on the east coast and no eta. No BDO for me tonight :(

Posted

Rqo26QS.png

can you put up the link to this site? one of the few i didnt save Dx

Posted

Here we are together happily eating all the salt. :x

The maturity level slays me.

1 person likes this

Posted

All of my horses seem to be getting Drift which I understand everyone wants to get, I have two horses now with Sprint(love this one). My problem is I can train Drift easily to 100% but  I really dont understand how you all coordinate it with Sprint at all, I am just a klutz so far trying to figure it out and usually almost wind up in a river or something trying to use it while running. I cant seem to stay in a straight line :)

I also see that every single one of my horses manage to get caution which I despise. I died and my horse died because of that one time by purple hoards of mobs, the horse wouldnt step off a small circular ledge and I was too low level to kill them(was taming horses in dangerous area) sigh

1 person likes this

Posted

I was the person to offer the t3m lvl3 + t2f lvl 4 formula. I can tell you that in at least three dozen - probably more - breedings I've done of that particular pair, the result  has been 100% the black/white cow t3f with white mane/tail (with 1 possible exception but I honestly don't remember it that was even the case - meaning, it was still a t3f but it might have been a blueberry). It doesn't matter which color parents are used, either. Same result from all of them.

This, Ive just breed five of these horses using this formula (t3m lvl3 + t2f lvl 4). It really works. Thanks btw you made a friend of mine really happy :) He loves that horse skin and his merchant wagon looks amazing.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Hey,

Can some of you guys with lvl 30 T7 white link me them (without gear) so I can compare my outcome? :) Here is my mare with 13/15 skills learned in the end (she got 1/2 of her levels without high trainer levels/costume etc):

9Aw9zyZ.pngjjW0l9r.png

Rqo26QS.png

Mine is at level 28, Ill post when she reaches 30.  This is what she looks like now, putting it here to see the changes at 30:

CloudDancer.thumb.PNG.19686e5b2a33b022a2

Edited by Ramblinrose
1 person likes this

Posted

I also see that every single one of my horses manage to get caution which I despise. I died and my horse died because of that one time by purple hoards of mobs, the horse wouldnt step off a small circular ledge and I was too low level to kill them(was taming horses in dangerous area) sigh

Now I get why everyone hates this skill so much. Thankfully this never happened to me while solo leveling horses before I found out the wonders of a merchant wagon. It saved my ass several times. I tend to go nuts all over the place when I type in guild chat and solo riding. I almost went dive bombing off a cliff, into water etc. and caution saved me lol.

Posted

Now I get why everyone hates this skill so much. Thankfully this never happened to me while solo leveling horses before I found out the wonders of a merchant wagon. It saved my ass several times. I tend to go nuts all over the place when I type in guild chat and solo riding. I almost went dive bombing off a cliff, into water etc. and caution saved me lol.

Caution is a good skill.. It is meant to save you. And I appreciate when it does. Very much.

But when you are trying to run a horse off of a rock which is only 2 inches off the ground and the horse goes "NOO TOO SCARY" .. over and over again.. that is frustrating. Or if you're trying to navigate down a cliff/rocky hill or what have you and your horse refuses to budge and you have to force it to jump. That is so tedious and annoying.

xD It is pretty funny admittedly. My guild has adopted the name "Cancer" in place of Caution. "I sure hope my horse doesn't get Cancer!"

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Apparently didn't see last posts so nvm

Edited by wire

Posted

I hate that skill too.  When trying to outrun purple mobs the last thing you need is your horse to stop at a small ledge and go. no, no, no, not happening.  It is also why I try to train skills asap on a horse I want to keep, nothing worse than being thrown unexpectedly and turning into dinner. LOL

Posted

9th attempt at T7 today, when I finally succeeded.

Today Mars was born.

Do05Pfw.png +oCGYFCV.png = 78SK5XU.png

The red T7 was the one I wanted the most, so now I can be happy

6 people like this

Posted

But when you are trying to run a horse off of a rock which is only 2 inches off the ground and the horse goes "NOO TOO SCARY" .. over and over again.. that is frustrating. Or if you're trying to navigate down a cliff/rocky hill or what have you and your horse refuses to budge and you have to force it to jump. That is so tedious and annoying.

I do not have a main horse as of yet because I keep breeding them and sending them off to the glue factory. But now this kind of scares me. I almost always end up with caution on my horses. So it's good to know I will be cussing at it because it will have it without a doubt.

Posted

I'm 0/16 for the Black T7. Leveling is going so slow since they took the Nightime exp boost out. I'm really struggling to find reasons to keep trying....