• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Horse Breeding / Findings MegaThread

27,967 posts in this topic

Posted

I had a T1 level 30 female leftover with no breeding attempts and her original partner was exchanged with a different girl. So I simply bought a cheap T2 male and exchanged them.

TWr4teG.png

Posted (edited)

Today's result:

T4 lvl24 Female + T4 lvl25 Male = T6 Male

A.thumb.JPG.ac908a42ad4389a0c3ee9375bdc0 +G.thumb.JPG.64046c806ba4e437455b8ba06fe2=M.thumb.JPG.8771819888991764d8b46b255d5c

Comparing with yesterday's result, same pair, I don't see how the color theory can be plausible. Any ideas?

A.thumb.JPG.ac908a42ad4389a0c3ee9375bdc0+G.thumb.JPG.64046c806ba4e437455b8ba06fe2=F.thumb.JPG.581d57467fb639e93cb61c0379c8

Edited by Sir Cumferance

Posted

Today's result:

A.thumb.JPG.ac908a42ad4389a0c3ee9375bdc0 +G.thumb.JPG.64046c806ba4e437455b8ba06fe2=M.thumb.JPG.8771819888991764d8b46b255d5c

Comparing with yesterday's result, same pair, I don't see how the color theory can be plausible. Any ideas?

A.thumb.JPG.ac908a42ad4389a0c3ee9375bdc0+G.thumb.JPG.64046c806ba4e437455b8ba06fe2=F.thumb.JPG.581d57467fb639e93cb61c0379c8

Today's breed rolled black, yesterday's breed rolled white.

Posted (edited)

Trying to breed out the leftover ponies in my stables so I can finally sell them to my friends... Attempt #4 at a T7 (got T7C on attempt #3), attempt #1 for White. Gonna breed dad with another T4H F who has 1 attempt left, gotta level her though. So close to the T7 M percentile, ah well.

T6G M Lv28 9q55bmJ.png + T4H F Lv30 (had 1 attempt, from market) 4GDscFp.png = T6G F (born with Start Accel) 9q55bmJ.png

Edited by Kassedy

Posted (edited)

Today's result:

The colour theory takes the parents combined colours and selects a foal at or below one of the colour groups, dragging any other colours with it's selected skin, so your first foal would have selected black and second breed selected white and dragged black with it. Most people find difficulty getting their noggin around this aspect. hope this helps:)

Edited by Meep13
My mistake

Posted

Hey All:)

Took my female tier 5  lvl 27 conq horse and breed it with a lvl 23 tier 5 male..well pics are better right so

fi88tJZ.png+oOC6Pmg.png=HtSsTfR.pngT6 female( first T6 I ever breed myself.. new to the horse game lol)

Then I exchanged the two tier 5's because I didn't want to was my female horse reset I got with the T5 compensation package

Exchange results =PQdPVSt.pngT6 male

So my question is after I level them both up to lvl 28ish should I breed them to get a chance at T7? or since if that whole color theory applies should I wait to breed them until more the the T7 mixes comes out? Any feedback would be much appreciated. Grats to any and all on their T7 journey!

Posted

Hey All:)

Took my female tier 5  lvl 27 conq horse and breed it with a lvl 23 tier 5 male..well pics are better right so

fi88tJZ.png+oOC6Pmg.png=HtSsTfR.pngT6 female( first T6 I ever breed myself.. new to the horse game lol)

Then I exchanged the two tier 5's because I didn't want to was my female horse reset I got with the T5 compensation package

Exchange results =PQdPVSt.pngT6 male

So my question is after I level them both up to lvl 28ish should I breed them to get a chance at T7? or since if that whole color theory applies should I wait to breed them until more the the T7 mixes comes out? Any feedback would be much appreciated. Grats to any and all on their T7 journey!

I wouldn't try for a T7 with them, since they only equal up to 3 Red, 6 Black, and 3 White respectively - so you'd have to wait for other T7s to come out to get anything.

Posted

Ha...Ha.... We're both getting there.... Daum this isn't a joke...! If mine learns sprint then I'll be okay >< But for now, it's just a sad sad joke... But, I'm glad I'm not alone! :P 

2016-05-14_93123669.thumb.JPG.c22705a902

Meh, he is 30 with only 9 skills. Gl with your horse.

1 person likes this

Posted

T7 attempt 21+22:

T5 m+f lvl 29 black with white mane -> T5F female -> breed reset -> T6 female

Posted

Your T6 D + N should give 7 in white so it's a valid combination for a Tier 7.

You can either take them both to level 22 or 27/28, the downside of the higher levels is a Tier 6 takes a lot longer to max out as the XP requirement shoots up but it doesn't give you a much better chance (something like 4% before we factor in whatever the reduction is for only have 3 T7's available). So you have to ask yourself is that small increase worth an extra 1-2 days of leveling.

Alternatively you could just level them up and have them ready for when the rest of the T7's become available, not exciting but probably the more sensible choice.

There's no right choice here, you could get lucky and get a T7 on your first try or you could be stuck like me looking down the barrel of try number 30 and still nothing.

Posted

pzK63nR.pngLv 22-1 F x oCGYFCV.pngL 30 M = 9q55bmJ.pngM

EXCHANGE:

pzK63nR.pngLv 22-1 F x oCGYFCV.pngL 30 M = PQdPVSt.pngM

Posted

New to horse breeding, was just wondering if I breed the following:

T5 F LVL27                                                                                         T6 M LVL27

o.thumb.jpg.146864d5f23e37bd026f31825ae6+f.thumb.jpg.4da7422dada34a6037a5bacf6617

Will I have a chance to get this t7? Or am I doing it wrong. Already checked the horse calc total points is 715, if I lvl them both to lvl 30 I'll be at 748 so still not reaching the next threshold

c.thumb.jpg.9252edd713ec4b7dff8f8c287092

Posted (edited)

More breeding results for data mining:

Can't remember if I already posted yesterday's results...

pjxQ1TB.pngT3 lvl 28 + pjxQ1TB.pngT3 lvl 27 Bred  = N4yNWhR.pngT5 male

pjxQ1TB.pngT3 lvl 28 + pjxQ1TB.pngT3 lvl 27 Exchange = AU4cAiQ.pngT4 female :)

This morning's exchange to clear out the excess of females...

W3xni87.pngT1 lvl 20 (bought off the market) + dcnTZG7.pngT3 lvl 16 Exchange = DF8HScu.pngT4 female

Edited by Meep13
Forgot to add this morning's exchange

Posted

New to horse breeding, was just wondering if I breed the following:

T5 F LVL27                                                                                         T6 M LVL27

o.thumb.jpg.146864d5f23e37bd026f31825ae6+f.thumb.jpg.4da7422dada34a6037a5bacf6617

Will I have a chance to get this t7? Or am I doing it wrong. Already checked the horse calc total points is 715, if I lvl them both to lvl 30 I'll be at 748 so still not reaching the next threshold

c.thumb.jpg.9252edd713ec4b7dff8f8c287092

Yes that could work. Good luck!

Posted

Got my T7 this morning, so happy !!!

MoheraT7.thumb.jpg.7fdc6578d3cd0b00c0d3b

Got him from 2 T6 lvl 28 (6G + 6N)

7 people like this

Posted

Got my T7 this morning, so happy !!!

Got him from 2 T6 lvl 28 (6G + 6N)

gratz~ I'm still breeding to get one....hopefully

Posted

Your T6 D + N should give 7 in white so it's a valid combination for a Tier 7.

You can either take them both to level 22 or 27/28, the downside of the higher levels is a Tier 6 takes a lot longer to max out as the XP requirement shoots up but it doesn't give you a much better chance (something like 4% before we factor in whatever the reduction is for only have 3 T7's available). So you have to ask yourself is that small increase worth an extra 1-2 days of leveling.

Alternatively you could just level them up and have them ready for when the rest of the T7's become available, not exciting but probably the more sensible choice.

There's no right choice here, you could get lucky and get a T7 on your first try or you could be stuck like me looking down the barrel of try number 30 and still nothing.

Ahh okay ty for the info I guess since I still have the female breed reset I'll try to breed them together once, if its not a T7 outcome then I'll just wait til the rest of the T7 breed come out then try it again later. Ty for the info all

Posted

Ahh okay ty for the info I guess since I still have the female breed reset I'll try to breed them together once, if its not a T7 outcome then I'll just wait til the rest of the T7 breed come out then try it again later. Ty for the info all

if the horses you've linked are correct (Tier 6 C & D) you won't be able to get your hands on a T7 by now, since C & D only offer a combined color of 3/4/6

-> http://imgur.com/a/DaeiQ (for reference)

Posted

The colour theory takes the parents combined colours and selects a foal at or below one of the colour groups, dragging any other colours with it's selected skin, so your first foal would have selected black and second breed selected white and dragged black with it. Most people find difficulty getting their noggin around this aspect. hope this helps:)

Just to add to what Meep said, because this might be more intuitive to people, an alternate theory is that the algorithm doesn't "roll or choose a color" instead it just picks a skin at random and tries that. If it passes the foal is born. If it fails the color test the process starts over again. That's by far the simplest approach and might be easier for people to understand.

Posted

Just to add to what Meep said, because this might be more intuitive to people, an alternate theory is that the algorithm doesn't "roll or choose a color" instead it just picks a skin at random and tries that. If it passes the foal is born. If it fails the color test the process starts over again. That's by far the simplest approach and might be easier for people to understand.

What I believe to be true, is that people generally find the colour theory difficult because they 1) expect the highest colour to be chosen or 2) don't realise the finer points of the selection process that may add value to a colour that wasn't there before.  I have to remind myself of the latter on occasions :$

Posted

just throwing in another round of potato breedings. I've had better results with just T5's ... <_< ... that T6 male was... just... no....

potatobreeding.png

Posted

It's kinda sucky at top end of breeding, when all you get back for a ton of hard graft,  is T5s:(>:(

Posted

my highest breed attempt yet is in the works ^w^
lv 30 female CiVmLIz.png +  lv 21 male pzK63nR.png

2 people like this

Posted

Quick set of results for those keeping track if that's still a thing?

M T5M 29 + F T5H 29 =  F T6M | Exchange = F T5O
M T5M 29 + F T6D = M T6K

I have about 5-7 more sets planned out but may take awhile. Only going for T7s now but getting crap to work with. Most results pushed me away from Black and towards Red. Sucks cause I want the white one :/

Posted

Most results pushed me away from Black and towards Red. Sucks cause I want the white one :/

hey! we are in the same boat :D