• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Horse Breeding / Findings MegaThread

27,967 posts in this topic

Posted

Nah, you just have to embrace it. I am finding the whole thing to be liberating - it's freed me from endless looping to do something a lot more time-efficient in terms of earning silver, and with that many horses on offer I can just about buy anything I need when I need it, already leveled and/or needed a very minimal time investment. I've ran across some pretty incredible deals, like lvl 30 t6s of good colors with full breeds for under 8 mil.

But but but, breeding is so fun :D

Posted

I dont want to level up another T5 Male (since I have 10 of them) I just want throw him to my Lv 27 T5 Female

Doesn't work like that. You still need to hit the proper threshold to get the chance at the result you want, so yes, your horses need to be of appropriate levels for exchange as well as breeding.

Posted

Does the level takes effect when exchanging horses? I dont want to level up another T5 Male (since I have 10 of them) I just want throw him to my Lv 27 T5 Female

Nothing so far has indicated that it works differently than breeding. Except in speed of production. :)

Posted (edited)

But but but, breeding is so fun :D

Breeding is. Leveling isn't. Come on, you can't tell me you actually like going round and round at a snail's pace for days on end, staring at horses asses (and if you're doing it fully afk, then it's clear it's not for enjoyment).

Seriously though, for me personally the whole thing is made a lot worse by the fact that training is utterly useless as a profession. Completely unrewarding, extremely time-consuming and mind-numblingly boring; what's not to love, eh?:) 

Edited by Stillheart
2 people like this

Posted

Doesn't work like that. You still need to hit the proper threshold to get the chance at the result you want, so yes, your horses need to be of appropriate levels for exchange as well as breeding.

Nothing so far has indicated that it works differently than breeding. Except in speed of production. :)

Alright... I have so many T5 Males and one T6 Male and ONLY one T4 and one T5 Female (no breeding reset possible) ¬¬ leveling up only for exchange feels like a waste

Posted

Wagon leveling makes the breeding worth it after so much time of not being able to play the game.

JK.

MUSTARD.

It infected my stables and im ready to embrace the mustard, here i come @Margon, we'll meet in T6M heaven.

1 person likes this

Posted

The fun part is seeing what you get from the breeding, the leveling part is done 100% afk when im asleep or at work. I have done some horse leveling while doing trading and while im about to hit artisan trader, the 4 T3 that have been tied to the same wagon the entire time is just lv 20. I cant imagine leveling T5-T6 while actually at the keyboard.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Breeding is. Leveling isn't. Come on, you can't tell me you actually like going round and round at a snail's pace for days on end, staring at horses asses (and if you're doing it fully afk, then it's clear it's not for enjoyment).

Seriously though, for me personally the whole thing is made a lot worse by the fact that training is utterly useless as a profession. Completely unrewarding, extremely time-consuming and mind-numblingly boring; what's not to love, eh?:) 

Ofc leveling is not fun and would be better if a bit shorter but the moment you click receive foal or exchange, awww ;D
Buying horses seems fine also but they are like always with 0 breeding, quite expensive industry to buy for exchange and i guess there is no T7 on market yet, only one every week maybe or not even

Edited by Eyolis

Posted (edited)

The fun part is seeing what you get from the breeding, the leveling part is done 100% afk when im asleep or at work. I have done some horse leveling while doing trading and while im about to hit artisan trader, the 4 T3 that have been tied to the same wagon the entire time is just lv 20. I cant imagine leveling T5-T6 while actually at the keyboard.

Agreed about the fun part; it's kind of addicting. As for the rest, I work from home, so while technically I am not actively leveling horses by staring them down, the wagon IS trundling in the background the entire time I am at my PC, and of course with that setup you can't resist looking in on it which makes it worse. Horse leveling is god-awful any way you cut it, really, but with the Uno horse market the way it is I can mostly have my fun without the god-awful part - some of the horses I buy may need a few levels here and there but that's tolerable - and silver is so easy to come by in this game that I don't see myself running out ever.

Edited by Stillheart

Posted (edited)

Latest results (Big Image)

Top two rows were bought of the market, I rage listed them on the horse market when when I got a t4 back for the breeding, however the male (only 700kish) sold and the female (3.5 mill) didn't so I found myself at a loss as to what to do with her. I got lucky a few days later and bought a lvl 30 t4 (exactly like the first male) on the market place for 700kish and splatted them together for a t6 (haven't gotten that skin yet so I was happy). I used up a lot of resets on this lot I'm embarrassed to say :$

hhJCzUO.jpg

I'm stating to wonder why I'm playing this game :( I do only lvl the horses while afk but I seem to be afk more and more and I even got my older computer set up to run the horses so I can do other stuff on my new one, just started playing diablo 3 with some friends.

I'm getting too far behind to really play BDO as far as gear goes and the whole grind mentality sounds pretty painful. sigh....Ive at least gotten my moneys worth out of playing with horses though lol.

Edited by Quinntessa

Posted (edited)

Another Red T7 Attempt!

Lvl 28 Male T6 4/0/3iP8SvQq.pngbreed with Lvl 27 Female T6 4/0/3iP8SvQq.pngResulted in Male T7! 7/0/078SK5XU.pngMuch happy! doge-emoji-cc7310b25da4dec6cfe3f9bde32f2

2016-05-17_168614310.JPG

Edited by Fast
10 people like this

Posted

Ofc leveling is not fun and would be better if a bit shorter but the moment you click receive foal or exchange, awww ;DBuying horses seems fine also but they are like always with 0 breeding, quite expensive industry to buy for exchange and i guess there is no T7 on market yet, only one every week maybe or not even

Most horses on offer are bred-out, yes, but it's not that unusual to get fully leveled males with at least 1 breed left on Uno. And I've bought what, 5 or 6 partially leveled t6 females with breeds (a lvl 10 t6N female, for example, and a lvl 30 t6d? or is it f? - the black and white speckled one). I do grab the maxed out, bred-out t6s for exchanges sometimes, if they are around 7 mil and under, too. It honestly doesn't take much; I don't camp the market, just check it relatively often for a few minutes at a time when needing a break from auto-looping or grinding.

The other benefit for me has been freeing up a ton of CPs. Now that I have no reason to maintain a huge stock of horses (I am talking 45+ t5/t6s; that's what I had a week or so ago) and I literally force myself to sell everything unleveled with rare exceptions for those skins I just can't pass up on I've a lot less need for expanded stable space. I do keep and level some t3 and t4 females, generally to breed to t5/t6 males - but the highest I take those to is the 600 threshold, often not even that because at this point I am not after any specific results, just doing it purely for fun. Also unleveled, unbred horses (t4f and up) sell just fine, so that's a nice supplemental income - nothing to rely on but it enables me to buy that extra exchange pair every now and then.

Posted

78SK5XU.png

2016-05-17_168614310.JPG

It looks very nice! So much better than the little icon shows. I wonder if there is any pictures of the black T7. I havent take a look at every page here, would like to see how it looks ingame

Posted

Hi Everyone,

im still fairly new to the thread, and i enjoy reading everyones knowledge and the fact some people are just as crazy at horse breeding as me!

im currently leveling T6s atm (never gone for T7 as dont have enough colour points) but i am doing my own spreadsheet on the theory that skills at 100% do have a higher chance of passing on. I am also including final stats on speed, accelaration, braking & turning.

unfortuantly i did not document my T2s & T4s at the time (grandparents and parents of my T5/T6s) but now ive started keeping tabs on them now and ive got myself organised im keen to document my finidings from T5/6/7/8 mainly focusing on skills being passed onto offspring. 

I currently have the following horses ready for when more T7s are avaliable. I have also been very lucky with genders and i have three racing horses as well which i am not currently breeding.

Racing:

T1B Female lvl 18 - 4 skills (inc drift and sprint)

T3C Male lvl 7 - 3 skills (inc instant accel & drift) 

T5N Male lvl 12 - instant accel & sprint and other skills i cannot remember

T5 Breeding:

T5O Female lvl 30 - 11 skills (inc drift & sprint)

T6 Breeding:

T6G Male lvl 29 - 8 skills 

T6B Male lvl 30 - 11 skills (inc Drift)

T6B Female lvl 30 - 13 skills (inc drift, sprint & instant accel) 

T6K Male cant remember lvl not 30 - 8 skills (inc drift, sprint, sideways move)

T6G Female cant remember lvl not 30 - 7 skills (inc instant accel)

T6G Male lvl 9 - havent updated information yet (does have drift)

T6E Female lvl 9 - havent updated information yet (does have sideways move, drift) 

I have never used skill/breeding resets as i cannot afford it. But i have been selecting T2/3/4 with the better skills to breed for T5/6 again i cannot remember the grandparents (T2s) and the parents (T4s) i have three breeding pairs of T6s and a pair which is the T5 and T6.

i think ive been very lucky to get the horses i have with the skills that they have got.

Better stop now as its quite a long comment! I am working on my spreadsheet and can share more information once i get T7/8 where the parents skills may hopefully pass on.

Thanks for reading! :D

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Bah, two nights in a row that my wagon got stuck.  Wasted time, wasted wagon points.  I should be breeding my 4's and the T5's should be ready to go tonight... but nooooo.

<grump>

I am getting real tired of the wagon shuffle (new wagon, run to a open stable, created it, endless remote recovery, moving goods in it).  Almost makes me want to go to single horse AFK training.  If you lose a night due to getting hung, then the advantage might be totally gone.

Plus I love my Tamer's cute "Heyyyaaah".  That alone might be worth the switch.

Edited by IndianaGeoff

Posted

'Nother attempt at anything.

CiVmLIz.pngL27 F x HtSsTfR.pngL 24 M = NGGDhAx.pngF

Well, more horses that are more than 3 color are welcome at this point.

Posted

It looks very nice! So much better than the little icon shows. I wonder if there is any pictures of the black T7. I havent take a look at every page here, would like to see how it looks ingame

here ya go, enjoy the fugly location and potato quality (currently maxing out horseskills while eating ^^)

2016-05-17_247613828.JPG

Posted

I do love the racing stripes T5.  I hope I get one and it's skills are worthy of keeping.

Posted

here ya go, enjoy the fugly location and potato quality (currently maxing out horseskills while eating ^^)

2016-05-17_247613828.JPG

Yaaay and it looks like I expected, I am working on a T7 black too but I really feel like I want to shave its legs

Posted

Hi Everyone,

im still fairly new to the thread, and i enjoy reading everyones knowledge and the fact some people are just as crazy at horse breeding as me!

im currently leveling T6s atm (never gone for T7 as dont have enough colour points) but i am doing my own spreadsheet on the theory that skills at 100% do have a higher chance of passing on. I am also including final stats on speed, accelaration, braking & turning.

Looking forward for your inputs regarding the skills at 100%, really interested in that, cause if there's any kind of correlation of skills of the parents passing on it does seem that they need to be at 100%, would give training profession some kind of sense. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and knowledge.

Posted

More results yay....

JNuzzJ7.pngT4 lvl 26 male + bpWmrNP.pngT4 lvl 30 female = a14JK6i.pngT6 male, exchange

pzK63nR.pngT6 lvl 28 male + DF8HScu.pngT4 lvl 30 female =NGGDhAx.pngT5 female, bred

pzK63nR.pngT6 lvl 29 male + CiVmLIz.pngT5 lvl22 female =AcooHmE.png T5 female, bred

7wq9xH7.pngT5 lvl 30 male +CiVmLIz.pngT5 lvl 22 = kjxUWcV.png T5 male, exchange

Majority of my t7c attempts has given me every other black horse except t7 haha. Not going to exchange my t6f because he has drift, sprint, and instant accel. I think I'll just wait for more t7s to be added before I do more attempts because I like almost all of the t7 skins.

Posted (edited)

Looking forward for your inputs regarding the skills at 100%, really interested in that, cause if there's any kind of correlation of skills of the parents passing on it does seem that they need to be at 100%, would give training profession some kind of sense. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and knowledge.

Thanks Roads,

I know i didnt keep T2/T4 information but i know a had a few with the elite skills, some only had one and other had all three. I am currently Professional 9 in training and i mostly wagon train my horses overnight and do some riding solo when im leveling the skills. I will publish my findings as soon as i breed my T6s and the offspring have leveled a bit. It might all be complete nonsense but so far its worked for me! There is never 100% it will pass on but i believe it has a higher chance of passing. Although horses can learn it with no previous family history. Thanks again for showing interest ^^

Edited by Aastrid
Spelling

Posted

horseexpxxslf.jpg

OK it seems the game want me to join the club of horse breeders. O.o

@Aastrid So far I have not seen in the T1-T6 Range that the offspring have a higher chance to learn skills from the parrent when the lvl it to 100%. But my horses are a bit weird. My female to male ratio is more like 3:1 and only the "stupid" horses that learn not many skills have the premium skills.....

Posted (edited)

It might all be complete nonsense but so far its worked for me! There is never 100% it will pass on but i beleive it has a higher chance of passing. Although horses can learn it with no previous family history.

I'm doing that for horses that I consider interesting and that I'll breed them at some point, leveling the the skills to 100% that is and see how it goes. I'm well aware of it, I think RNG plays such high role in breeding that will never be enough proof or evidence to safely say that it does or it doesn't give higher chances of passing on. Either way, I'll post my results when I have some, I don't reset as well so it goes rather slow on the breeding department.

Edited by Roads

Posted

Yeah you're right! But RNGesus was indeed with you and gave you a t7!!! I failed OF COURSE :@ i recieved a t5 useless female with colors 2/2/2 and a t6 male. I have already 2 t6 males so now currenly 3 males and 0 females! Horse breeding is so frustrating haha

Damn...yeah,. it is frustrating, but no horse is useless :D

1 person likes this