• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Horse Breeding / Findings MegaThread

27,967 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I horseexpxxslf.jpg

OK it seems the game want me to join the club of horse breeders. O.o

@Aastrid So far I have not seen in the T1-T6 Range that the offspring have a higher chance to learn skills from the parrent when the lvl it to 100%. But my horses are a bit weird. My female to male ratio is more like 3:1 and only the "stupid" horses that learn not many skills have the premium skills.....

I have been really lucky so far Zardoz with my genders being 50/50 and the skills, its just my own theory it might not be true and RNGues is involved in Everything!! I personally have seen it working fo me ^^

Edited by Aastrid

Posted

Another Red T7 Attempt!

Lvl 28 Male T6 4/0/3iP8SvQq.pngbreed with Lvl 27 Female T6 4/0/3iP8SvQq.pngResulted in Male T7! 7/0/078SK5XU.pngMuch happy! doge-emoji-cc7310b25da4dec6cfe3f9bde32f2

Gratz! :D

Posted

horseexpxxslf.jpg

OK it seems the game want me to join the club of horse breeders. O.o

@Aastrid So far I have not seen in the T1-T6 Range that the offspring have a higher chance to learn skills from the parrent when the lvl it to 100%. But my horses are a bit weird. My female to male ratio is more like 3:1 and only the "stupid" horses that learn not many skills have the premium skills.....

Just so you know, training seems to do absolutely nothing and your only good bit of xp to level the skill is when you delete horses.

Posted

i am doing my own spreadsheet on the theory that skills at 100% do have a higher chance of passing on.

My considered guess is that they don't. And if they do, the only time where it matters is the skill they are born with. Any other talk about smart or dumb horses is, in my estimate, just an outgrowth of RNG.

Posted

Just for the data:

Attempt 23-25

Both T5 lvl 29 black with white mane first breed, T5F, second breed (femalereset) T6M, exchange T5F

So 25 attempts for T7, no T7 and only one T6F :(

Posted (edited)

My considered guess is that they don't. And if they do, the only time where it matters is the skill they are born with. Any other talk about smart or dumb horses is, in my estimate, just an outgrowth of RNG.

Maybe it is, as people have said previous RNG is RNG, it could be coincidence mine have learnt them when their grandparents & parents also knew. I dont know but i think its another fun part of horse breeding :) 

Edited by Aastrid

Posted

Just for the data:

Attempt 23-25

Both T5 lvl 29 black with white mane first breed, T5F, second breed (femalereset) T6M, exchange T5F

So 25 attempts for T7, no T7 and only one T6F :(

Sorry for you, i hope the same won't happen to me, 12 tries atm

Posted (edited)

My last breedings:

TIER 5L27 + DF8HScu.pngL27 = HtSsTfR.pngT6F with Instant Accel

TIER 5L27 + v2PCb19.pngL24 = TIER 5T5F

TIER 5L27 + v2PCb19.pngL24 Exchange: 6jTDEbs.png T7M

This was my 5th try for a T7 black. I had a feeling about exchanging that pair. ;)

2016-05-17_226164647.thumb.JPG.121841833

Very happy I also got a chance at a T7 white with HtSsTfR.png Going to pair her with my T4M 4GDscFp.png just to see if I get lucky.

Edited by Starling
6 people like this

Posted

Just so you know, training seems to do absolutely nothing and your only good bit of xp to level the skill is when you delete horses.

Thats cool, no surprises. The only thing I really want was combat exp. But my desire to gamble again is not very high, before 2 pets got fishing exp. :P 

Posted

I have not been making any updates here for a while now so I figured I just make a quick one.
After more than 37 attempts (I honestly stopped counting after that) Still no T7... 
I did however get the best-in-stat T6 Female which felt amazing after all these failures, She is level 30 with Sprint and a few more fun skills. (Sadly no 2seater)
I´m going to keep her as my main horse until the new skins are released but I did breed her once with a level 30 Male and the results.... well..
6a77bfd31118da9726c43c365e5ec70a.jpg?ref32442ae245550b34355e46770db89f18.jpg?ref  c6dc51f2cc7c052cd66352aaf6bb65ae.jpg?ref Nope.Jpg
So far 85% of my T7 attempts have resulted in T5. xD ..Im not going insane :/ *Shaking in a corner*

Posted

"Absolutely nothing" seems an exaggeration.

With wagons it's really easy to prove what kind of XP is your training level doing it for you, since the value of each XP tick is consistent unlike when solo riding.

No cloths, bonus whatsoever, at beginner 6 you're looking at 340 XP ticks. At professional 7 you're looking at 377 XP ticks. That's close to 11% difference. Considering the 31 levels difference from beginner 6 to professional 7, that's roughly +0,3% for each level of training.

And that's it, cba to do the skill tests cause it's not straight forward like this one, but I presume it's faster according to the level of your training.

In the end, it's up to the personal opinion to consider if it's a trash profession or not, but it does make a difference your training level.

Posted

Congrats on the T7 Black, Starling~! And good luck on the possible T7 White breeding!!

Quick question to everyone here: Does anyone here have the LAHR ARCIEN HORSE GEAR?

My friend is tempted to buy it but is wondering how the Lahr Arcien gear's hoof protectors look on horses with really poofy leghair. In particular on a T7 black because that's what she's breeding for, but any horse with really poofy leghair will do.

Any pictures of this would be immensely appreciated <333 Thank you in advance~

Posted

Congrats on the T7 Black, Starling~! And good luck on the possible T7 White breeding!!

Quick question to everyone here: Does anyone here have the LAHR ARCIEN HORSE GEAR?

My friend is tempted to buy it but is wondering how the Lahr Arcien gear's hoof protectors look on horses with really poofy leghair. In particular on a T7 black because that's what she's breeding for, but any horse with really poofy leghair will do.

Any pictures of this would be immensely appreciated <333 Thank you in advance~

I don't have it with the original colors or the black T7 but maybe this helps

2016-05-17_507883429.thumb.JPG.c75fde51b2016-05-17_507916508.thumb.JPG.88fdee7c62016-05-17_507920208.thumb.JPG.f99b4db36

1 person likes this

Posted

Not quite correct. You get training skill exp when you register a caught horse at the stable. Deleting it actually gives you general exp (I leveled up at some point from doing it), not training exp. The only measurable effect training seems to have currently is that is very slightly increases the exp ticks your horses get when leveling them.

Posted

nbCSOPz.png T6 M L27 + PLTahbx.png T5 F L24 = kjxUWcV.png T5 F
nbCSOPz.png T6 M L27 + PLTahbx.png T5 F L24 = pzK63nR.png T6 F
nbCSOPz.png T6 M L27 + PLTahbx.png T5 F L24 = PQdPVSt.png T6 M

On and on...

Posted

I don't have it with the original colors or the black T7 but maybe this helps

Hidden Content

Thank you soooo much! That shows it perfectly! <3

Your horse looks great in it!

1 person likes this

Posted

My T7 does not want to train sprint anymore, and told me so by throwing me off the cliff.

2016-05-17_33385093.thumb.JPG.a889eb93e0

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

On request T7 Black In game picture

2016-05-09_392695.thumb.JPG.b336a8747f0e

Edited by FanBlackDesert

Posted

On request T7 Black In game picture

smexy horse pic

I've seen this a lot, why are the horse icons on the upper left screen yellow, like in your pic. Mine is always greyish.. am I missing something?

Posted

I've seen this a lot, why are the horse icons on the upper left screen yellow, like in your pic. Mine is always greyish.. am I missing something?

Maybe pay2horsewhistle makes it yellow?

Posted

Been breeding quite a lot of T5 and T6, but this was only my 6th serious try for a T7. Previous failures should be earlier in the thread.

TIER 5lv 28 Male + nbCSOPz.pnglv 23 Female = 6jTDEbs.pngMale  

Started with Quick Back for skill.

2016-05-17_360249381.JPG

2 people like this

Posted

Maybe pay2horsewhistle makes it yellow?

I think this may be it. When I was trying the game out on a guest pass, the icon was grey for me. After I bought the edition with the horse whistle, it turned yellow.

Posted

I think this may be it. When I was trying the game out on a guest pass, the icon was grey for me. After I bought the edition with the horse whistle, it turned yellow.

I have the edition with the horse whistle and my icons are grey.

Posted

I have the edition with the horse whistle and my icons are grey.

Go into your pearl tab in your inventory and click on the golden whistle. Your horse icon will turn yellow in game once you do that.

Posted (edited)

Go into your pearl tab in your inventory and click on the golden whistle. Your horse icon will turn yellow in game once you do that.

Ì also think it is character bound so on alt I think it is grey because for that alt whistle does not work =  300m distance

Edited by FanBlackDesert