• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Horse Breeding / Findings MegaThread

27,967 posts in this topic

Posted

Breeding results from yesterday and today after having spent the last week or so leveling up T3s to clean up my stables. I now have 7 T4s (4 male, 3 female), 3 T5s (all male), and 2 T6s (1 male, 1 female) left. Now I gotta figure out what to do next... probably level and breed the T4s to get those cleaned out.

Worst part is not having the funds to buy a wagon right now, but going off to make money means time not spent leveling horses. ;___;

cRyJBEa.png

Build your merchant wagon by yourself; the only material you have to buy is 4x wagon horses. You need:

- 4x Wagon horses (from every stable keeper)

- 12x Acacia Plywood (around Altinoa, Node: Stonetail Wasteland)

- 12x Brass Ingot (needs Zinc and Copper you find around Velia, Node: Coastal Cave)

- 15x Soft hide (from Fox hides; near heidel or Olvia are many of them)

- 25x Black stone powder

Posted (edited)

Update

Another breeding attempt for T7

Second breed

T4 B Male lvl 28 (4/0/0)  mlrWooQ.png and T5 D Female aka Deadpool lvl 29 (3/0/2) oCGYFCV.png

Result in T5 M Female aka Pinky 3rd in my stables  >:(JQvipJ3.png  this is the 6th female from last night..  exchange will need to wait for reset ...i have decided to not go any more on T7, now i will randomly breed my horses and hope for any T6, bcs when i have done that i got best horses that way, this combo of color value given me nothing just frustration to see that i get so bad horses with bad color values that i can not combine with any other horse i have...back to T4x4

Edited by Senbonzakura

Posted (edited)

Update

Another breeding attempt for T7

Second breed

T4 B Male lvl 28 (4/0/0)   and T5 D Female aka Deadpool lvl 29 (3/0/2) 

Result in T5 M Female aka Pinky

Well, at the threshold you're breeding you've got a 9% chance at success (and that's not taking into account the fact that only having purebred t7s available cuts your chances down some more). I get the frustration but in all honesty that's like spending five dollars on lottery tickets with full expectations of actually winning the big prize. 

Edited by Stillheart

Posted

Interestingly enough, if you take a look at the t7 stat comparison thread,  the red t7 comes just about toe to toe with the white in terms of speed at 30 and has better stats overall (from hp/sta to turning), and even the black isn't all that far behind with speed. Not sure how I feel about it, tbh - I don't care about racing much but it's a little irksome to find out that the horse you've struggled to breed because of its speed, in large part, in the end all but loses that advantage.

Yeah the rng in stats is such a stupid system it doesn't make sense and is extremely unfair, if you breed the fastest horse it should always be the fastest one, each one should excel in something as they do in their initial stats but then rng just ruins it... 

1 person likes this

Posted

Not sure what server you're on and what goes there but on Uno breedless t5s/t6s are already of no value - there are pages and pages of them on the market. I know Jinxed posted a screenshot of Orwen market which looks about the same. I really don't see how any changes with t7s will make that worse - or how improving one's chances at getting a t7, purebred or not, can be viewed as a bad thing.

Granted the point about only wanting a purebred and that it might be harder to get does stand -  assuming it really works with t7s the same way it does with the tiers below.

- If you just want a T7 and you actually prefer the other skins, by all means, level your T5/T6 to the threshold and start breeding after we get all those other skins available.

I sold all of my breedless T5/t6 in Croxus Eu pretty fast, I dont check the AH  that often, but usually there isnt much around at the market regarding T5 and T6. Your point of the value of now getting most likely a T5 from a T7 attempt is solid, why getting a T5 now when you are raising up your odds to get a T7 if you wait? Sure there's no argument against it, I just think, and again my opinion, you're not really getting any value out of it,  in the grand scheme of things that horse breeding is the most piece of crap thing to spend afk time - since you can buy a leveled horse by someone else who spent 10x the time you took to get the silver to buy it, and how will be more common to see those T6/t5 horses at the market, in the end you just gimped yourself for a shot at the best T7 (even if you dont like the skin etc...). And that's it, by no means I'm saying you're wrong when it's pretty much a fact that yes, any T7 has more value than a T5 and that you'll get better odds of getting a T7 after Valencia than doing it now and probably get a T5.

I appreciate the good wishes but you should not be confident of this.

Its been years since I dont touch in Probability and Statistic, and from what I see from your posts you're in a way better position to answer this, isn't the odds of a 28% chance on the 700 threshold and then the 33% chance of getting the skin of the color value you went for it, will be working like a combination along with the number of attempts? Like pretty much rolling a dice, with 12 attempts isnt the probability of getting at least one time the number 6 higher than with 3 or 6 attempts, even though for each attempt the odd still remains? Wont be 100% or even close to that, point is, even going for a t7 and failing at it, it comes to a point that you move from not being lucky to just being unlucky. So yes, I'm confident and even though I cant say someone will get a T7 100%, it wasn't just wishful thinking. The average that people should be looking is 10-11 attempts I think, even below those 12 something percent that was reported until now.

Posted

Well, at the threshold you're breeding you've got a 9% chance at success (and that's not taking into account the fact that only having purebred t7s available cuts your chances down some more). I get the frustration but in all honesty that's like spending five dollars on lottery tickets with full expectations of actually winning the big prize. 

Atleast I had that 9% and did not get it, it's ok, decided to not do it again.. I moved on, period.

Posted (edited)

Some low tier breeding inc.

I would never had thought that this ugly yellow banana horse would breed me these beautiful black horses O.o I can try for a purebreed t7 black with this, but it feels wrong, because they are siblings haha :D Anyone else is doing Incest breeding?

beautifillblack.png

Edited by Alchymist

Posted

Atleast I had that 9% and did not get it, it's ok, decided to not do it again.. I moved on, period.

That's probably a smart choice; investing time into getting a t5 to 25+ with what only amounts to about 3-5% chance, realistically, isn't something I would do. Just wait until you get t5s/t6s with the right color values - or until the rest of the t7s are out and the colors don't matter anymore.

1 person likes this

Posted

Hello everyone! Got my second T7 :D I got the white one last time and went for black this time.

Parents:

Male T6 I lv 27 nbCSOPz.png Female T5 D Lv24 oCGYFCV.png

First Foal: nbCSOPz.pngExchange: 6jTDEbs.png Male

FHRoGlD.jpg

10 people like this

Posted

No confirmation yet about the non purebred T7?

Posted (edited)

No confirmation yet about the non purebred T7?

Not anything definitive, no. The dude in the other thread (who claims his guildie bred this t7) doesn't come across as a troll in any way - but there's still a possibility of an error/misunderstanding. He said the person in question is at work but that he confirmed this t7 has a white chest (sounds like a multi-color for sure); hopefully we will get a screenshot later tonight.

On a slightly different note I am about to throw 2 pairs of t4s/t6s (at the 600 threshold) into a cooker. Curious if I might get a skin that wasn't available prior... then again, with my luck that's not exactly likely.

Edited by Stillheart
1 person likes this

Posted

Not anything definitive, no. The dude in the other thread (who claims his guildie bred this t7) doesn't come across as a troll in any way - but there's still a possibility of an error/misunderstanding. He said the person in question is at work but that he confirmed this t7 has a white chest (sounds like a multi-color for sure); hopefully we will get a screenshot later tonight.

On a slightly different note I am about to throw 2 pairs of t4s/t6s (at the 600 threshold) into a cooker. Curious if I might get a skins that wasn't available prior... then again, with my luck that's not exactly likely.

Thank for the answer, I am just so curious. I will have breed&exchange for tier 7 pureblack ready tomorrow , and if other colors are available, who knows what I"ll get. Not that I'd complain on lucking out and getting a tier 7 :D Wonder about other colors in tier 6 as well, good luck with breeding and hopefully you'll share your results :)

Posted

On a slightly different note I am about to throw 2 pairs of t4s/t6s (at the 600 threshold) into a cooker. Curious if I might get a skin that wasn't available prior... then again, with my luck that's not exactly likely.

If it's all true, it sounds like it's a T7E. Ahhh can't wait for confirmation.

Posted

Thank for the answer, I am just so curious. I will have breed&exchange for tier 7 pureblack ready tomorrow , and if other colors are available, who knows what I"ll get. Not that I'd complain on lucking out and getting a tier 7 :D Wonder about other colors in tier 6 as well, good luck with breeding and hopefully you'll share your results :)

Thanks. If it's anything worth sharing, sure; I don't really see much point in reporting t5 males anymore:)

Luck to you tomorrow.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

It was a long wagon ride BUT:

AcooHmE.png  +  JsYzIhg.png=  Foal 1 kDrwxoE.png and  Foal 2 TIER 7 (only purebreds available)

T5M level 30 (402 )                 T5 F lvl 29 (411)                          T6M (205)                                            YAY T7 M 

2016-05-18_5383196.thumb.JPG.d5e9cf46dd5

My smart horse breeding higher tier horses theory might be going out the window.  The parents  had ten (M) and nine skills (F), only excitng skills was Drift on the female.  I have another identical pair on the wagon that need two more levels to go before I breed them, those two have sprint etc so will be interesting to see what they came up with.  Anyway, am super happy as I was not holding out much hope for these two.  Will exchange them later.  Good luck all, those last few days getting to 30 on the wagon was a killer.

Gratz!

My lower tier breeding for yesterday and today as follows:

sz7RiBP.pngT3 lvl 27 +  dcnTZG7.pngT3 lvl 27 bred  PLTahbx.pngT5 male

sz7RiBP.pngT3 lvl 27 + dcnTZG7.pngT3 lvl 27 bred  oOC6Pmg.pngT5 female

sz7RiBP.pngT3 lvl 27 +  dcnTZG7.pngT3 lvl 27 exchange  fi88tJZ.pngT5 male

That's the last of my Tier 3 males, I mostly got males in return, but always a higher tier and my plan was to get rid of the yucky 1s and 2s in colours to see what I get from that but the patch notes announcement now forces my hand to breed the only decent colour matches I have, and I really wanted white but seem to only have red or black, so my chances of a T7 purebred are looking slim.

On the good side of things, my T6 male with an okay skin is smart as hell with 11 skills @ lvl 23. Up til now he's basically learnt one skill every two lvls, I'm almost afraid to finish him off as I lack all the best skills barring IA, can he get me some decent skills in his last few chances? Dunno, this horse training stuff is kind of soul destroying, I'm not greedy or anything, I'm more than happy with what I get, but equally, so much riding on RNG:S excuse the pun:$

Some low tier breeding inc.

I would never had thought that this ugly yellow banana horse would breed me these beautiful black horses O.o I can try for a purebreed t7 black with this, but it feels wrong, because they are siblings haha :D Anyone else is doing Incest breeding?

beautifillblack.png

Felt wrong to me too when I started breeding, I had daddys and their baby girls...no, that's just WRONG. Anyways, I now mostly see colour values and breeding thresh holds, you get past the horror.

Edited by Meep13
spelling mistake
2 people like this

Posted

Now I know its all RNG, but since 2 people here on the forums have confirmed getting T7 purebreds since the patch and noone else has confirmed the t7 mutts, doesnt it make it less likely they put them in?

Statistically speaking I understood it to be that once the other T7s were added in it would be ALOT harder to get Purebreds over getting any of the other options. So the fact that we have purebreds still popping up and no other mutts seems to me like the mutts arent in yet.

Posted (edited)

Now I know its all RNG, but since 2 people here on the forums have confirmed getting T7 purebreds since the patch and noone else has confirmed the t7 mutts, doesnt it make it less likely they put them in?

Statistically speaking I understood it to be that once the other T7s were added in it would be ALOT harder to get Purebreds over getting any of the other options. So the fact that we have purebreds still popping up and no other mutts seems to me like the mutts arent in yet.

But you also have to consider people reporting getting a T7 on the thread, today, received them AFTER the patch, which means they sent the parent horses to the cooker probably before the patch. So unless the math for determining the foal is calculated the second you click "Receive Foal", there could be a complete different formula implemented after the patch.  I dont know, just a guess.... Also, for 1 or two T7 that are still purebred could also be RNG, who knows... I want the new horse skins so I will be more than happy to know that if the mutts are in the game xD

Edited by Naberios

Posted

Eh, at this point it's all speculation. I am going to reserve judgement until we have proof, as always - screenshots of non-purebred t7s and/or new t6s skins (one doesn't necessarily guarantee that the other's been added either)

Posted

Its been years since I dont touch in Probability and Statistic, and from what I see from your posts you're in a way better position to answer this, isn't the odds of a 28% chance on the 700 threshold and then the 33% chance of getting the skin of the color value you went for it, will be working like a combination along with the number of attempts? Like pretty much rolling a dice, with 12 attempts isnt the probability of getting at least one time the number 6 higher than with 3 or 6 attempts, even though for each attempt the odd still remains? Wont be 100% or even close to that, point is, even going for a t7 and failing at it, it comes to a point that you move from not being lucky to just being unlucky. So yes, I'm confident and even though I cant say someone will get a T7 100%, it wasn't just wishful thinking. The average that people should be looking is 10-11 attempts I think, even below those 12 something percent that was reported until now.

You are correct on how the math works. If you are curious, here are some actual numbers. Assuming a 10% chance to get a T7 per attempt we have:

1 attempt --> 10% chance of success

5 attempts --> ~41% chance of success

10 attempts --> ~65% chance of success

20 attempts --> ~88% chance of success

For those reading that aren't "good with statistics" remember these chances are for the set of attempts as a whole. Once you know you've failed 19 times in a row, you do NOT have a 88% chance of succeeding on the 20th. You are not "due" some good luck after all your bad. If you fail 19 times in a row, you have to try 20 additional times just like everyone else to have an 88% chance (so tries 20 through 39 for you).

My point however was that if you are leveling T4s now in the hope to get a T5/T6 pair to breed you are likely going to get maybe 4-5 more chances before June 1. (Leveling a breeding pair takes about 100 hours which is 5 days or so and we don't have that many days before June 1.)

Posted

Next try, no T6 no Female buh :/

Horse2.JPG

1 person likes this

Posted

Oke who is the one bugging theyr wagon to make these fcking port jumps >_>
I came acros a wagon on Croxus/Valencia C3 n it keeps porting forward it caught my atention so I stalked a bit n realised I had to full galop my horse to outrun it
horse has like 4speeds in this game on 3rd on my T7 I got left behind by this wagon <_>

yeaaa like that doesnt scream super fishy hah hah...
Mysterious +20 porting wheels for sure yeaaa added them this patch hn <_<

2016-05-18_198373314.thumb.JPG.fbcae2a592016-05-18_198374754.thumb.JPG.06584ba3a2016-05-18_198375574.thumb.JPG.551a7b2f12016-05-18_198376095.thumb.JPG.436f293e0

Posted

Oke who is the one bugging theyr wagon to make these fcking port jumps >_>
I came acros a wagon on Croxus/Valencia C3 n it keeps porting forward it caught my atention so I stalked a bit n realised I had to full galop my horse to outrun it
horse has like 4speeds in this game on 3rd on my T7 I got left behind by this wagon <_>

yeaaa like that doesnt scream super fishy hah hah...
Mysterious +20 porting wheels for sure yeaaa added them this patch hn <_<

Hidden Content

Well, according to the appearance of the wagon, it doesn't have wheels on O.o

Posted (edited)

Well, according to the appearance of the wagon, it doesn't have wheels on O.o

It was porting like really it kept disapearing and apearing in front all the time :'D the person had (camouflage set) or how its called so idk name or anything x_x

Edited by Silvite

Posted

It was porting like really it kept disapearing and apearing in front all the time :'D the person had (camouflage set) or how its called so idk name or anything x_x

I just saw tonight a guy sitting in thin air, porting along the way. He left me on my horse eating dust. I thought it was a weird bug, but now, seeing this... I am on Alustin, EU. I never saw a wagon though, just a ghillie suit guy sitting in air. There was also a weird sound accompanying his 'ports' so..

1 person likes this

Posted

I just saw tonight a guy sitting in thin air, porting along the way. He left me on my horse eating dust. I thought it was a weird bug, but now, seeing this... I am on Alustin, EU. I never saw a wagon though, just a ghillie suit guy sitting in air. There was also a weird sound accompanying his 'ports' so..

Sum cheating mechanism :'D nu way we have porting super fast wagons in game lol 
Deeemn n here I go in my snails pace tchi x))