• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Horse Breeding / Findings MegaThread

27,967 posts in this topic

Posted

About people that was finding strange to end up dying in the water in their auto looping they are always doing w/o problems and etc.

People using Charge on you will make you run straigh to water if you are near for some reason, just happend to someone in front of me.

have not had an issue with charge ever since i started using wagons, pretty sure the only way they can mess with you is to kill you or the wagon.

Posted (edited)

About people that was finding strange to end up dying in the water in their auto looping they are always doing w/o problems and etc.

People using Charge on you will make you run straigh to water if you are near for some reason, just happend to someone in front of me.

The types of players playing this game with its current mechanics are a huge part of the problem. Case in point:

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/80901-time-to-show-the-pvers-what-indiscriminatory-pking-is/

And then they wonder why so many of us autoloop within towns:

Take-home: Ride in a wagon, and don't stray too far from the safe/populated zones while riding afk.

Edited to add: and find a cool guild with active PVP types who will take pleasure in avenging you even when you aren't online.

Edited by Lightingale

Posted

Yesterday, on Balenos 1, people in general chat were calling out warnings to people about players using the cd hack who were pking at boss fights..An instant later, Jouska, in green chat said "Dont worry about the warnings anymore..."    Nice to see GMs responding to hackers and banning them.  Much cheering and thank yous in general chat to Jouska!

I have seen players using charge on people riding outside the north entrance of Heidel.  Sometimes it just throws them off the horse and they stand there for hours on end.  I think it happened to me onetime too as I came back to find myself running into the north Heidel wall (I was mid 30s level) and my horse was dead.  They either killed it or it ran into mobs and got chewed up....

Posted

So I had this little horse that wanted to be a racer but didn't make it and a female I saw at the market lvl 21, I tought I could lvl her a bit more and exchange them...

0a7397ad334baee06e13a6a51773deb3.png

Felt so pointless lol

1 person likes this

Posted

So, for me anyways, It looks like the color theory isn't so much a theory, but an actual fact.  Offspring of the two T5s from pre-order.  Got them to 29 then did it.  Got a T7 M.  Only possible T7 from the two pre-order T5s according to the color theory.

2016-05-19_688297329.JPG

2016-05-19_688331018.JPG

so did Daum un-nerf the original's breed level?

Posted (edited)

Was it yesterday that someone said their guild leader did the exact same thing, first attempt at breeding and got the black T7 using the above horses?

I am at lvl 44 approaching 45, I know this has been asked before, but is the ganking really awful.  I am assuming that once node wars come out shortly, the pvp ers will be back in force.  Time to join a guild, I think.

Oh and Zagan, that happened to me too once, called the T5 horse Boomerang, only good thing is it started with sprint.

Edited by Ramblinrose

Posted

so did Daum un-nerf the original's breed level?

it appears that way.

Was it yesterday that someone said their guild leader did the exact same thing, first attempt at breeding and got the black T7 using the above horses?

I am at lvl 44 approaching 45, I know this has been asked before, but is the ganking really awful.  I am assuming that once node wars come out shortly, the pvp ers will be back in force.  Time to join a guild, I think.

never really get ganked much if at all, maybe once a week or every 2 weeks someone kills me while i am afk.

Posted

I am assuming that once node wars come out shortly, the pvp ers will be back in force.  Time to join a guild, I think.

From this week's patch notes:

"Siege Channels have been prepared for upcoming update in July and will take place in Channel 1 of the respective area you'll fight for (e.g. Siege for Calpheon > Calephon Channel 1 etc)"

So if I am reading this correctly node wars isn't happening until July and it will only be in the first channel of each channel. Of course this could all change.

Posted

Oh and Zagan, that happened to me too once, called the T5 horse Boomerang, only good thing is it started with sprint.

Lol that's a good name xD 

Didn't get pked yet, I think in general if you don't mess with other people's mobs there isn't too much pk, ofc there are people that enjoy killing just for fun but for what I have experienced there aren't a lot of them, I have afk'ed outside safe zones without trouble (not for much time, maybe 1h or so)

Posted

So I had this little horse that wanted to be a racer but didn't make it and a female I saw at the market lvl 21, I tought I could lvl her a bit more and exchange them...

0a7397ad334baee06e13a6a51773deb3.png

Felt so pointless lol

I never feel like it is pointless to get the same color/breed as long as it is a female. That is 2 more shots at something instead of the 1 it took to make it.

Posted (edited)

I think the safest route is to keep your life skills character under 45 and guildless. That's what I am doing. I haven't had to suicide my trainer yet (41 atm but the damn processing keeps leveling her) but I will if she gets too close to 45. There's no way I am going to let some sexually frustrated pimply little ----- with self-esteem issues dictate where I can or can't go with my wagon.

Edited by Stillheart

Posted

I got ganked a few times outside of trent, but when i was at lvl 50 it was still within the first 3 weeks of the game's release so people were not as geared up as they are now. So back in the days they could only prevent me from running away and kill me with 3 people... but I havent been gked ever since and I am pretty sure with the gears people have now, they will have no trouble to 1 shot me.... so group up when you are grinding... especially outside of trent because trent has no guards

Posted

I never feel like it is pointless to get the same color/breed as long as it is a female. That is 2 more shots at something instead of the 1 it took to make it.

Stop being so positive and logical xD 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Damn, im overflowing with T6 males.

T6N Lv.28 Male (3/4/0) + T6H Lv.21 Female (3/3/2) = T6K Male (3/2/2)

7xQiHla.png+a14JK6i.png=YAmBFBt.png

Exchange

T6N Lv.28 Male (3/4/0) + T5K Lv.30 Female (0/5/0) = T6H Male (3/3/2)

7xQiHla.png+wJPENIj.png=a14JK6i.png

All i have left is

5x T4 Males

1x T4 Female

8x T5 Males

1x T5 Female

9x T6 Males

1x T6 Female

I have enough T6 males i could burn up 1 or 2 with wild caught T3 females if i wanted too :o

Edited by WildAce

Posted

Damn, im overflowing with T6 males.

T6N Lv.28 Male (3/4/0) + T6H Lv.21 Female (3/3/2) = T6K Male (3/2/2)

7xQiHla.png+a14JK6i.png=YAmBFBt.png

Exchange

T6N Lv.28 Male (3/4/0) + T5K Lv.30 Female (0/5/0) = T6H Male (3/3/2)

7xQiHla.png+wJPENIj.png=a14JK6i.png

All i have left is a black T5 female, and some 3 red T4 female lol. So i  am pretty much tapped out soon. and will have to actually start breeding lower levels.

I have enough T6 males tho i could burn up 1 or 2 with wild caught T3 females if i wanted too :o

You are lucky to get this many T6 horses... around 2/3 of my foals were T5... and i NEVER get any horses with good color value of ANY tier.... :(

Posted

can't read 658 pages to check so  i just put my question here hoping to find someone who knows....

i start breeding (using calculator nice tool :)) happened that i had a parent with drift skill and also the foal is born with that...is just a coincidence or there is a relationship for skills in breeding?

also have some horses with only 3 skills other same tier with 10...getting skills is another RNG feature or there is something to know? more high tier more skills or not true?

thanx in advance

Posted

can't read 658 pages to check so  i just put my question here hoping to find someone who knows....

i start breeding (using calculator nice tool :)) happened that i had a parent with drift skill and also the foal is born with that...is just a coincidence or there is a relationship for skills in breeding?

also have some horses with only 3 skills other same tier with 10...getting skills is another RNG feature or there is something to know? more high tier more skills or not true?

thanx in advance

There is nothing confirmed for this yet... we can only say RNG... but the rest of us all had experience of brilliant foals being born from brilliant parents. And some vice versa, for now, all I can say is... RNG

Skills is completely RNG... you can improve your CHANCE of getting more skills with cash shop items... But higher tier horses, in general, do seem to learn more and better skills

Posted (edited)

thanx in advance

Consider reading some of the thread. These questions have been asked many many times, and there's a lot of other useful information in here! 

To answer your questions - foals learning some of the same skills as their parents seems to just be RNG. As far as most of us can tell (correct me if I'm wrong) the parent skills and foal skills are not connected.

Horses learning a skill per level is also RNG. Some horses seem to be below average, only learning 1-5 skills by level 30. Average is probably around 6-9 by 30. 10+ by 30 would be a smart horse, though I'm sure many breeders would categorize them differently. Once I hit T4, I noticed horses learning more skills. Anecdotally, it feels like the higher tiers have an easier time of learning skills than lower tiers, but then you have outliers with some T6s etc learning very few skills... RNG!

Edited by Blu
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

First time posting here, but I've kept up with this thread daily (as well as the old one) :) I posted more about horses prior to the NA launch, since my focus on KR was horse breeding. Since playing on NA, I've been doing other stuff... fishing, leveling, etc. I level horses when I'm sleeping or afk for long periods of time.

I got this horse on my third attempt. I wasn't expecting to get it, hence the name "Candy". I wanted to name it Lucky but I didn't feel lucky, and I wanted to save Lucky for a t7. Oh well, there goes that idea! >.< I just hope I didn't use up all of my luck on Candy. I've been trying for a black T7 for a while, have yet to get it :( 

Parents/Breeding info:

-Trained on a wagon
-0 deaths on both parents
-"Good skills" on parents: Drift x2, Charge x1, Sprint x1

T7_Red_-_Candy.thumb.png.da147ea5bc9e775

Exchange & Stable picture:

2016-05-19_315060917.thumb.JPG.fd1e100592016-05-19_315376602.thumb.JPG.078fb2d6d

Ingame Screenshots: 

I find it interesting that the coat color changes in different lighting.

2016-05-19_325190095.thumb.JPG.bb52379ab

2016-05-19_325945173.thumb.JPG.f9e7ee5b5

2016-05-19_321367142.thumb.JPG.9fca0afba2016-05-19_321673069.thumb.JPG.04127c685

Edited by Apocalypticae
8 people like this

Posted

I counted my t7 tries as well. So total of 19 tries for me, 5th try gave me the black t7, but after that no luck.

The good thing is, I got a t6 female today that can give me a white t7, so it's a success. Going to level those;

dbdOOSp.png + 4GDscFp.png

Posted

Finally got it on the 27th skill change coupon. Did the same as you and changed Charge.

Yay! Grats! I'm so happy you got it :)

1 person likes this

Posted

T1 Lv30 W3xni87.png + T2 Lv30 KZMUFpB.png = T4 Female bpWmrNP.png

Was hoping for a male... keep getting T4/T5 females. Need some males to breed them with.

Not great color points on it so I think I'll take it to Lv24 and inbreed it :P

(Lv24 need to eliminate chance of T3 offspring)

Posted

First time posting here, but I've kept up with this thread daily (as well as the old one) :) I posted more about horses prior to the NA launch, since my focus on KR was horse breeding. Since playing on NA, I've been doing other stuff... fishing, leveling, etc. I level horses when I'm sleeping or afk for long periods of time.

Congrats on that T7, looks promising too!

1 person likes this

Posted

These are my breeding results over the last few weeks. It's pretty messy, sorry. Yellow is potential for T7,  green are lower tiers. my kids name most of my horses, so... yeah.

7sjVHOy.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

T7 breeding 6:

Male T5N L30                 x            Female T5D L30                =           Male T6E                  

AcooHmE.png           oCGYFCV.png                   v2PCb19.png

T7 Breeding 7:

Male T5N L30               x               Female T6C L22            =               Female T7A

AcooHmE.png            PQdPVSt.png                 TIER 7 (only purebreds available)

Since I got a red T7, I broke my naming convention, and even though it is female.... I named her "Fighter".  Friends forever.

2016-05-19_444591.thumb.JPG.dce3337bb2d3

2016-05-19_2219512.thumb.JPG.e05b87a1a7c

12 people like this