• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Horse Breeding / Findings MegaThread

27,967 posts in this topic

Posted

Got a red T7 on first attempt today.
M-T6M + F-T6B = M-T7A

I used the horse calculator website which said I only needed level 28 on both but took them both to 30 just in case.
Fits in with colour theory also.

Was expecting it to take a ton of tries but RNG has been so bad to me in this game that it must have thought it owed me something.

2016-05-20_647177324.JPG

5 people like this

Posted

>spends money to remove caution from t6 in hopes of IA

>t6 levels up

>relearns caution

giphy.gif

3 people like this

Posted

With my Riding history; I need caution.

Wish my Car had caution as well; those poor deer.

Posted (edited)

I def get people being "salty/upset/whatever word you want to use" about certain things with horse breeding but you all need to remember that your luck could be even worse. You could be me. :)

I've been breeding hardcore for around 2 months now. I still havent even seen a single horse out of all my breedings with a skin I favor. Not one. Not one purebred either like a nice purebred black. In fact to date I have had no horses dominant with black traits lol. Not one. >.<

People complain about getting multiples of some of the horses I'd love to get just one of. Still waiting to see any of these beauties (yes, I like them since you cant have turquoise and purple mixed horses in game :P ) in my stables:

oOC6Pmg.png 7wq9xH7.pngnbCSOPz.pngdbdOOSp.pngTIER 6 (some available)

Sometimes I wonder why I still stick with it, then I remember that my husband wont buy me a horse IRL no matter how many hints I drop and I keep at it. :P

what server are you on? i'm on Uno and have the second one pictured here - unleveled unbred I could probably hook you up. I got extremely lucky with my t7 and don't mind sharing the love with someone who's having RNG not be on their side.

EDIT: oops, i read further and saw youre on Edan. Sorry!

Edited by MXPsych

Posted

Our workers can go chop wood, mine metal, pick carrots, make beer...

... why can't my workers level my horses? I bet they are sick of walking everywhere!

5 people like this

Posted

Just got my second T7, the black one again. Had lots of failed results too in between my first one and this one but haven't made a record of them, I probably should have!

Today I had failed attempts with T5J male and T5D female, both lvl 29, which gave 2 T5 females

I exchanged T5J with an old T5L (also lvl 29) I had been holding onto and got T7C, both parents colour values were 0/0/5 so I guess that helped in being unable to roll into other colours.

I have a second pair of those black coloured horses too so will level those on the wagon again with some T6. My plan now is to level all my T6 up and hold onto them until Valencia and the rest of the T7/T8 are added. I don't like "wasting" the T6's to try and make T7 when the chance is still so low. Black T7 feels the easiest to get though since it's easy enough to get high black parents compared to other colours. I also have a pair of pure black T6A's that I was tempted to use before the patch, but will try the pair of 5's first

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Our workers can go chop wood, mine metal, pick carrots, make beer...

... why can't my workers level my horses? I bet they are sick of walking everywhere!

It would be cool to give them a horse.  But then again, when Mr Crafting Goblin is just sitting around and you have a free node... It is fun to imagine his whining as he humps it halfway across the map to cut down some trees then haul them home on his back.  Sukka, have a warm beer.

Edited by IndianaGeoff

Posted (edited)

I have IA and caution on my T6.  Idk how that happened.  Is it gonna defeat the chance to get IA if caution was learned first?

Edited by Lorskie

Posted (edited)

I have IA and caution on my T6.  Idk how that happened.  Is it gonna defeat the chance to get IA if caution was learned first?

Confused here. If your horse already knows IA, why would it need to learn it again?

And no, skills don't contradict one another like that. Previous poster who mentioned both is probably lacking IA and was trying to get rid of Caution in the hope of learning a good skill the horse was missing (IA in that case) in its place.

Incidentally deleting a skill like Caution midway though leveling is a bad idea as it has a high chance of being learned again.... and again and again (same goes for other trash skills).

Edited by Stillheart

Posted

Confused here. If your horse already knows IA, why would it need to learn it again?

And no, skills don't contradict one another like that. Previous poster who mentioned both is probably lacking IA and was trying to get rid of Caution in the hope of learning a good skill the horse was missing (IA in that case).

At first, your horse will learn the skill and the next step would be training that skill to 100%

And i see.  I thought it would defeat the chance to learn IA if caution came out first.

Posted

>t6 levels up

>relearns caution

giphy.gif

Who are you quoting?

Posted

>t6 levels up

>relearns caution

I only use the skill delete/exchange coupon once the horse is max level for that very reason, they can relearn those skills.  Sorry this happened to you :(  I'm slowly leveling a T7 now and so far so good with skills.  I hope she keeps learning :) 

My playing partner says all my horses need it because I like to go fast and miss a lot of turns which puts us in the water often.  I'm doing better though.

Posted

At first, your horse will learn the skill and the next step would be training that skill to 100%

And i see.  I thought it would defeat the chance to learn IA if caution came out first.

Oh, by 'learn' in this case you meant 'train up an already existing skill'. Got you. Yeah, you've got nothing to worry about there.

Posted

lol god dam...........this must be my 100th attempt at T7 and and got all FReaking PINK.........5F ........well I. AM. DONE. Good bye BDO and everyone maybe i'll be back in 5 or 10years if not then maybe never, good luck all who still got hope on RNG GOD.

Posted

lol god dam...........this must be my 100th attempt at T7 and and got all FReaking PINK.........5F ........well I. AM. DONE. Good bye BDO and everyone maybe i'll be back in 5 or 10years if not then maybe never, good luck all who still got hope on RNG GOD.

I know how you feel. On my last attempt, I quit the game for two weeks. Couldn't bring myself to log in.

Posted

So i only breed Horse with a bunch of skills i have been breeding since the release of the Game Not sure if thats the reason my t7 at 28 turned out pretty awersome

OjqTsCg.jpg

Thank you :) Candy is now at lv8 with 7 skills: Hind Kick, Drift, Start Accel, High Jump, Charge, Streak Jump, and Quick Ride.

Candy_lv8_7_skills.thumb.png.92c3e9fa912

I'm feeling hopeful but I'm also kind of scared... he's resembling my T6N. My T6N started out with a bunch of skills until ~lv12, then he stopped learning skills until level 25. I thought he'd be a smart horse, but he ended up with 11 skills and no sprint/accel/seater/sideways and a mediocre speed%. 

Most of my horses have Drift, but no IA and no Sprint. My first horse with Sprint was the T5N I used for the breeding. I don't have any horses with IA.
it's a little frustrating seeing guildies race past me on their t4 and t5's with those skills. If Candy learns IA or IA + Sprint, it'll be the first "fast" horse I have.

RNGjesus please be kind :( I don't want another potato horse in disguise. 
Anyway, I'm heading to bed. Will check on Candy's progress later today. *fingerscrossed*

Remember to post them in the T7 stat topic when they hit 30 for my data sheet. :)

Posted

uhm...........

573f9b43af1c8_Lv30.thumb.png.ac36ee60240

did I missed something? O.o

Posted

uhm...........

did I missed something? O.o

When you hit max level you can still fill up the xp bar.

>t6 levels up

>relearns caution

giphy.gif

This has got me wondering from the times I've used skill resets, it seems very easy to re-learn the most common skills (hind kick, fore chop, caution etc) when leveling up so to make a max skill horse (aka most valuable) are skill resets a good way to make that happen

Or just stop going for that big 1 in 100 gamble of a T7 and wait for the next patch which is a whole couple of weeks away.

Posted

My wife's ranger died 3 times because of Caution while killing chimeras... but it also saved her once when she would've fallen off the edge above Marni Cave Path.

Posted

My wife's ranger died 3 times because of Caution while killing chimeras... but it also saved her once when she would've fallen off the edge above Marni Cave Path.

if you jump with the horse before a ledge it will sail right over it.

Posted

451420c999319cad4dd5ce975b617ccc.png

Game went "oh so you where whining about getting the same female horse? have a male then" 

4 people like this

Posted

Game went "oh so you where whining about getting the same female horse? have a male then" 

Lol, that happened to me so many times. I'd be like, 'hey, I've had 4 of these females already, still got 2 sitting in the stables, can I haz something different please?' and next breed I'd get that very skin but male.

Be careful what you wish for:)

Or just stop going for that big 1 in 100 gamble of a T7 and wait for the next patch which is a whole couple of weeks away.

You know, when someone posting here is clearly extremely frustrated it's not your duty to console them - but the least you can do is not antagonize them. Everyone's well aware of the current odds with the t7, of the upcoming additions, etc. etc. Those venting their salt don't come here for sage advise; they come because they know most of us will understand the frustration. Just let them vent, ffs.

Posted

When you hit max level you can still fill up the xp bar.

Alright... the specific EXP amount took me by surprise xD

Thanks for clearing it up ^^

Posted (edited)

You know, when someone posting here is clearly extremely frustrated it's not your duty to console them - but the least you can do is not antagonize them. Everyone's well aware of the current odds with the t7, of the upcoming additions, etc. etc. Those venting their salt don't come here for sage advise; they come because they know most of us will understand the frustration. Just let them vent, ffs.

Well clearly they're not based on the posts we're seeing, I don't feel the need to hassle you over your quitting post every other page or complaining your T7 isn't good enough when there are people who've tried just as hard and gotten nothing so do me a favour and don't complain that I'm pointing out the odds are truly awful for getting a T7, the only sensible way to deal with it is accept that you're probably going to lose (very) badly on that gamble and I say that as someone who's wasted 40+ attempts with no real success.

Speaking of attempts:

iP8SvQq.png T6 M L24 + kDrwxoE.png T6 F L20 = PQdPVSt.png T6 F
iP8SvQq.png T6 M L24 + kDrwxoE.png T6 F L20 = pzK63nR.png T6 M 

Probably my last tries till Valencia although I may end up gambling as I'm a firm believer in gambler's fallacy, I plan to sell the male as he's up to 13 skills at 25 and only lacks IA so it made sense to breed some.

Edited by DeathStorm
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I don't feel the need to hassle you over your quitting post every other page or complaining your T7 isn't good enough when there are people who've tried just as hard and gotten nothing so do me a favour and don't complain that I'm pointing out the odds are truly awful for getting a T7, the only sensible way to deal with it is accept that you're probably going to lose (very) badly on that gamble and I say that as someone who's wasted 40+ attempts with no real success.

Maybe that's how you meant for your post to sound but that's not how it came out. Reading it as an objective observer (as in someone it wasn't aimed at), it came out as 'serves you right for being stupid and taking the chance even though you know the odds are bad.' Also, may I point out that what you consider sensible isn't necessarily the general standard. There is no general standard for how one should feel about a failure, let alone a long string of them. You're of course free to say whatever you like but pouring salt on someone's wounds makes you look like a douche, is all I am saying. If you don't mind that, by all means continue as you were.

Oh, and yeah, thank you for not hassling me over my 'quitting posts every other page'. Talk about exaggeration; I made exactly one of those posts, saying that if my t7 turns out a potato skill-wise when its maxed out I'll be done with the game because I hate how RNG-driven everything is. Once you get a t7 after your 40+ attempts (a struggle I can relate to) and find that thanks to the all-mighty RNG your prize turned into a turd you will understand.

Edited by Stillheart