• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Horse Breeding / Findings MegaThread

27,967 posts in this topic

Posted

I personally dont gamble in real life or video games for a reason. I dont buy lotto tickets I have no desire to ever go to Las Vegas and as far as my horses in this particular game all of my tier 6's will sit till more are put into game or I stop breeding all together.

Posted

Maybe that's how you meant for your post to sound but that's now how it came out. Reading it as an objective observer (aka someone it wasn't aimed at), it came out as 'serves you right for being stupid and taking the chance even though you know the odds are bad.'

Look, you're of course free to say whatever you like but pouring salt on someone's wounds makes you look like a douche. If you don't mind that, by all means continue.

It's a bit presumptuous to claim to be an objective observer when you've repeatedly taken what I've said in the most negative/argumentative light.

Before you put words in my mouth my exact words were: "Or just stop going for that big 1 in 100 gamble of a T7 and wait for the next patch which is a whole couple of weeks away.". It wasn't an insulting or demeaning response, simply pointing out it's a really bad gamble and rather than giving up you've got 11 more days to bear it and it largely gets fixed.

Oh, and yeah, thank you for 'not harassing me over my quitting posts every other page'. Talk about exaggeration; I made exactly one of those posts, saying that if my t7 turns out a potato skill-wise when its maxed out I'll be done with the game because I hate how RNG-driven everything is. Once you get a t7 after your 40+ attempts (a struggle I can relate to based on personal experience) and find that thanks to the all-mighty RNG your prize turned into a turd you will understand.

You've made more than one, don't make me trawl through the thread to find them as that's not a productive use of either of our time and I don't have to go through what you did to understand that it must have really sucked to get over that hurdle and stumble at the final post but having that potato T7 at least gives you more options even if they're not the ones you wanted but my point was if we're talking about pouring salt on wounds how do you think it sounds to us without any T7's?

When you consider that T7's aren't supposed to be this rare it does actually make sense they shouldn't all be learning the full skill set and it's still something which should be a rare and pleasant surprise.

Posted

Oh my gosh guys. Stop whining. This thread has been pretty shit for a long time and a little salt sprinkled on top the shit doesn't make it any shittier.

8 people like this

Posted

It's a bit presumptuous to claim to be an objective observer when you've repeatedly taken what I've said in the most negative/argumentative light.

Before you put words in my mouth my exact words were: "Or just stop going for that big 1 in 100 gamble of a T7 and wait for the next patch which is a whole couple of weeks away.". It wasn't an insulting or demeaning response, simply pointing out it's a really bad gamble and rather than giving up you've got 11 more days to bear it and it largely gets fixed.

You've made more than one, don't make me trawl through the thread to find them as that's not a productive use of either of our time and I don't have to go through what you did to understand that it must have really sucked to get over that hurdle and stumble at the final post but having that potato T7 at least gives you more options even if they're not the ones you wanted but my point was if we're talking about pouring salt on wounds how do you think it sounds to us without any T7's?

When you consider that T7's aren't supposed to be this rare it does actually make sense they shouldn't all be learning the full skill set and it's still something which should be a rare and pleasant surprise.

No, no, I invite you to thrawl though my posts and find one (besides the one mentioned above) where I said I was quitting the game. I can't imagine that you'd want to but then maybe don't hyperbolize and you won't be put into a position of having to back your statements up.

And again, here you go telling me - or the audience at large, not quite sure which - how I/they should feel. Where the hell do you get off thinking it's your place to do that? You rationalize things your way and that's fine; let others do the same and if you got nothing supportive to offer, just don't say anything at all. Is it really that bloody hard?

Oh my gosh guys. Stop whining. This thread has been pretty shit for a long time and a little salt sprinkled on top the shit doesn't make it any shittier.

That was actually my whole point - that when someone comes here to vent their salt, it's not that big of a deal and they don't need to be made to feel worse.

Posted

You rationalize things your way and that's fine; let others do the same and if you got nothing supportive to offer, just don't say anything at all. Is it really that bloody hard?

This is you, two days ago:

Well, at the threshold you're breeding you've got a 9% chance at success (and that's not taking into account the fact that only having purebred t7s available cuts your chances down some more). I get the frustration but in all honesty that's like spending five dollars on lottery tickets with full expectations of actually winning the big prize. 

That reads to me as a lot more aggressive than what you're complaining about.

So let's try to keep some perspective, and move on, OK?

1 person likes this

Posted

This is you, two days ago:

That reads to me as a lot more aggressive than what you're complaining about.

So let's try to keep some perspective, and move on, OK?

Yeah, okay, that was a shitty post on my part. The situation wasn't the same - this was in regards to a breeding at the lowest possible threshold, not a long string of proper attempts/failures - but my wording was still way more snarky than it should have been. I must have realized that afterwards because the very next post was clearly in an attempt to rectify that; whether that was successful, I can't be sure. Either way, my apologies to the OP that post was aimed at.

Posted

Okie, been very busy lately, so I've been too lazy to post my own breedings. And there's enough of them that I don't think I can be bothered with pictures, so I'll just post a screen of my spreadsheet like some others do. It's mostly just lower level breedings to try and get some T5's, and recycling my T5's with bad colors to try and get better ones. Didn't have very good results, really. But I do have a leveling spree in the works to finish before Valencia. 3 breeding groups to give me 3 attempts at white, 3 at red, and 3 at black. :)

rukhmaybreedings.thumb.png.53060d655901e

I'll also mention my boyfriend's last couple breedings, as he had some horribly bad luck. Female T3B L30 x Male T4M L28 = T4K Female and T4P Female. The male did have 1 death, which the calculator says shouldn't have made much difference.... But he only had about a 2% chance at the 600 breeding grade to get a T4F result. Either he had the worst luck, or somehow that single death pushed him to a lower breeding grade and he had almost as bad luck. It was quite disappointing. :P

Posted

T3 lvl 29 female sz7RiBP.png+ 0fQF7sH.pngT4 lvl 29 male = oOC6Pmg.pngT5 male

Exchange =7wq9xH7.pngT5 female yay after 15 breedings I can lvl her and my T6 male to try for a chance at a T7 white

My next breeding will be T6 Male 7xQiHla.png+ T5 Female 7wq9xH7.png 

I'll post the outcome eventually whether it is good or bad.

Posted

Speaking of attempts:

iP8SvQq.png T6 M L24 + kDrwxoE.png T6 F L20 = PQdPVSt.png T6 F
iP8SvQq.png T6 M L24 + kDrwxoE.png T6 F L20 = pzK63nR.png T6 M 

Probably my last tries till Valencia although I may end up gambling as I'm a firm believer in gambler's fallacy, I plan to sell the male as he's up to 13 skills at 25 and only lacks IA so it made sense to breed some.

I had that same combo at levels 29 and 26 and got 2 worthless T5s. Also my best horse has sidestep and insta accel, never got anything better. So pls...

Posted

Between my three friends and I, we've bred a total of 74 pairs. The numbers really get away from you when half the a good portion of those pairings involve exchanges. O.o

I've been spending time levelling my Musa lately to grind for Pirate Rum, so I set up my main/life skill character with T1s to level them to 25 or higher overnight. It's been working out so far as long as I don't DC. Grinding is actually fun on a Musa, usually I can't stand killing mobs for more than an hour. xD

Back on topic, here are a bunch of breeding results since the last report. It was somewhat amusing to seeing my friend breed two Mustards in a row. My stables seem to be producing more and more T4 L and T4 Ms. Not a fan of them in the least, and they're mostly sausages. It could be worse, at least they're T4 males and not T3 males. 

vbZhPFR.png

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

This particular t6 skin is a trigger for me - it's the one skin I've never once managed to breed and its' my absolute favorite. Every time I see one of those on the market I have to force myself to look away (because I already bought 3 males and 2 females). They do seem to learn skills well , 2 out of 3 males now have drift/sprint/IA and they are only in their teens.

This is my beautiful horse who so far give me a skill nearly every other lvl. I prayed overnight that I won't get the horrible skill (you know the one) and he found drift instead :D. He's been my smartest horse to date,  I really hope you get one like mine dear Silvite, you deserve it. Now I just want two seater, although I don't have any friends, will call my homie horse breeders on Croxus maybe for fun rides

ColeridgeSkills1.thumb.jpg.f2442e096f9b7ColeridgeSkills2.thumb.jpg.b2539716b2960ColeridgeSkills3.thumb.jpg.d9fd9c9312b36ColeridgeSkills.thumb.jpg.032a92fe444394

Edited by Meep13
added name of OP
4 people like this

Posted

OMG!!!!

ZazDMtp.jpg

20 people like this

Posted (edited)

OMG!!!!

If that's your new t7, grats!

(am out of likes as usual but very happy for you)

Edited by Stillheart

Posted

If that's your new t7, grats!

(am out of likes as usual but very happy for you)

Yes, just when I lost all hope. Thank you :x

Posted

Yes, just when I lost all hope. Thank you :x

It often seems to work that way:)

Awesome. Here's wishing he/she turns out well.

Posted (edited)

It often seems to work that way:)

Awesome. Here's wishing he/she turns out well.

I know, when you get desperate Fortuna throws a crumb lol. It is a she, which is amazing since I had only 9% chance for her, and my luck has been awful lately.

Edited by Kat

Posted (edited)

wow my copy paste got squished, will try another way heh

Edited by coach

Posted

Yesterday I was trying to get Red T7 horse again but the result is:

a14JK6i.thumb.png.0c483477c39769b910413bT6 M Lv.27 + Do05Pfw.thumb.png.0f3c424e1ec0887d3ee996 T5 F Lv.24 =

1st Foal:

7xQiHla.thumb.png.da65f8f96b468f10a7783e T6 M w/ Sprint at 1st skill

2nd Foal:

dbdOOSp.thumb.png.82a2d494db707252a9eb8b T6 F

Male Reset

a14JK6i.thumb.png.0c483477c39769b910413b T6 M Lv.27 + AcooHmE.thumb.png.1e8b44080848b3e9369cc8 T5 F Lv. 24 =

1st Foal:

iP8SvQq.thumb.png.36fea4b2087d35d027209b T6 F

2nd Foal

YAmBFBt.thumb.png.7ceaa09f9854be64973705 T6 F

The result is good even I didn't get red T7. I will Level them up to 30 and try to breed when Valencia update.

1 person likes this

Posted

After a few breeding attempts, this is gonna be my last try for T7 before Valencia

wJPENIj.png Female lvl 29          with            N4yNWhR.pngMale lvl 29 .... all hopes on the mustard <.<

1 person likes this

Posted

Mustards are definitely T5s am leaving for Valencia :'D 
No faith in them I guess x')) same goes for pink ones alala 

Posted

It's called badluck when you breed lvl 26 male T5 with lvl 25 female T6 and you got T5 female instead of your brown T7 on which you had 30% chances ;( I hate my badluck :(

Posted (edited)

It's called badluck when you breed lvl 26 male T5 with lvl 25 female T6 and you got T5 female instead of your brown T7 on which you had 30% chances ;( I hate my badluck :(

I/m not sure it is 30. That is if all T7 where in the game , or ?

Now only Pure Red, Black and White are in the game

According to calculator:

If the color theory is true your chances for a T7 may be reduced as long as there are only purebreds in the game. As soon as all T7 horses become available this shouldn't be the case anymore.

Edited by FanBlackDesert

Posted (edited)

According to the data in this thread (likely skewed upwards due to bragging posts) you have around 10% chance for a T7. That is if your horses match the color theory. Whether or not that female T5 is bad luck depends on the color of it. The odds of getting a T5 is far higher than T7, and you did get a female. If it has a nice skin as well then it's perfectly decent luck. Bad luck is getting a T5 male with a shit skin.

And really, even if it was a true 30% chance then it wouldn't really be bad luck not getting it. Odds would still be against you so that'd be the expected result.

Edited by Chama
1 person likes this

Posted

No, no, I invite you to thrawl though my posts and find one (besides the one mentioned above) where I said I was quitting the game. I can't imagine that you'd want to but then maybe don't hyperbolize and you won't be put into a position of having to back your statements up.

"I think I have reached my breaking point. I will put everything on hold and level that t7 to 30. If he turns out to be a potato, as I suspect, I will be done with this game. Not raging or anything like that, just... Koreans may enjoy layers upon layers of frustration, and more power to them - but I am not wired that way and will in the future avoid their MMOs like the plague."

"No, this isn't about any end of the marathon allegory for me. It's exactly what I said earlier: the amount of RNG involved with horse breeding is beyond anything I am willing to tolerate.

What I am trying to say is that this game is fundamentally unenjoyable because much too much of it is based on RNG and there are no mechanics in place that counteract it to any degree. Horse breeding is part and parcel of that; maybe it's the worst in terms of RNG, maybe not - but it's the one I am intimately familiar with by now and it has all but killed my desire to give the game any more chances, whether it's horse breeding or anything else."

"Those Loved by RNG maybe. If the t8 turns into the same thing except permanently (as opposed while only the purebreds are available, as currently) and with the amounts of leveling time drastically increased, I want no part of it."

"Eh, I find it harder and harder to care anymore."

Less than I thought actually but more than one, as I said though this is not a productive use of our time regardless of who's technically right.

And again, here you go telling me - or the audience at large, not quite sure which - how I/they should feel. Where the hell do you get off thinking it's your place to do that? You rationalize things your way and that's fine; let others do the same and if you got nothing supportive to offer, just don't say anything at all. Is it really that bloody hard?

Where exactly do I tell you how to feel?

That was actually my whole point - that when someone comes here to vent their salt, it's not that big of a deal and they don't need to be made to feel worse.

I didn't do that you're just reading into my comment as you please.

As has been pointed out you've made several negative comments, some of them may be entirely valid and correct but you're complaining about other's feelings, that being the case perhaps you shouldn't focus on the negative so much? Generally I've seen the thread be supportive of you (it's the best thread on the BDO forums after all) when you were down prior to getting a T7 and after getting a potato, no one felt the need to attack you over them so why don't you try extending the same courtesy or at least giving someone the benefit of the doubt?

1 person likes this

Posted

I purchased a male T1 A horse off the Horse Market at level 17 last night and set him up for AFK training. When I came back the next morning, he still had the one skill, Streak Jump. With almost a full bar of experience to 30, it was a quick decision to take him the extra 20k odd experience to see if he was a really, really, really late bloomer. He wasn't, because he didn't need any more skills to be special, he was already a shining example of equine beauty. 

1QGwHL5.jpg

His idol is Fennel, the horse that could enjoy life for what it was. He bred two gorgeous foals before I retired him, where he could spend the rest of his days enjoying life for the wonder that it is. Occasionally he can be seen bunny hopping through the fields of King Forest, listening to the bird songs and nibbling on the sunflowers grown on the top of the hill. 

K3CvYNC.jpg

nI7gaAt.jpg

Is anyone else's stables ridiculously overfilled like mine are? Calpheon and Heidel are like this (incidentally where I have bred the most horses), whereas Glish is completely empty aside from the three horses with saddles. Does the number of horses at a stable have anything to do with the price of eggs? Is there a correlation between horses bred at these locations? Or is it indicative of how many horses are on the Horse Market?

4wWa5GR.png

13 people like this