• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Horse Breeding / Findings MegaThread

27,967 posts in this topic

Posted

Thanks for the offers, but i don't really think i would buy horses any way. I do have plenty of males, T5/T6.

Horse breeding is just a time killer for me while i wait on Kunoichi, so if i end up having to tame some more horses in a couple weeks it wont bother me that much.

Besides daily scrolls, and breeding there's not much else i do while i wait on kunoichi.

Posted

It's funny atm im on Orwen and theres no t5 or t6 males.... So i guess I need to breed some... anyone have a good formula for 5s or 6s or just do 3's and 4s?

Posted

2016-06-02_92392431.thumb.JPG.29e04beb082016-06-02_91904704.thumb.JPG.2022d12fa9

Tier 7 male, "H" on the popular color chart.

The parents were the T6 "Mayonnaise" horse, level 28, and the T6 "Storm" horse, level 27. "B" and "F" on the color chart.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

the "hardcore" community of BDO is very.... Um.... Lame? Can't even find a good word to describe them lol... Oh and childish.... I am quite facinated by them occasionally lol.... Oh yea people, now is a good time to lvl on wagons~~ ;) 

D'you know what I find most amusing?  I'd have expected the hate and salt threads, the GAEM IS DYEING and I QUITTED threads; I'd have expected the douchebaggery of ganking AKF'ers who have nothing to do with any of it. What I didn't expect is all these Lament of the Ganker threads, where they actually post honest-to-god sob stories about how they are being harassed and how victimized they feel, all the joy gone from their ruined lives now that people they want to gank don't stand to lose as much as before.

So yeah, that's new and exciting, and call me mean-hearted but I am getting some serious amusement mileage out of it.

Edited by Stillheart
8 people like this

Posted (edited)

D'you know what I find most amusing?  I expected the hate and salt threads, the GAEM IS DYEING and I QUITTED threads; I expected the douchebaggery of ganking AKF'ers who have nothing to do with any of it. What I didn't expect is the Lament of the Ganker threads, where they actually post honest-to-god sob stories about how they are being harrassed and how victimized they feel, all the joy is gone from their lives now that people they gank don't stand to lose as much as before. So yeah, that's new and exciting, and call me mean-hearted but I am getting some serious amusement value out of it.

No, i hear ya.... i was constantly pked outside of trent by some pvp guild just because i needed to kill a few mobs for the black spirit story line progression quests... and i can never farm at anywhere decent because i try not to steal mobs from other... i just give them their space and find another patch to farm at... but i still get killed by pkers.... i mean, i am not salty about it, but it gets very annoying on a bad day....

Sorry to discuss something like this in the horse forums, but i feel we are kinda related to it too since the pvp players are taking out their anger on us :(

Edited by Naberios

Posted

D'you know what I find most amusing?  I'd have expected the hate and salt threads, the GAEM IS DYEING and I QUITTED threads; I'd have expected the douchebaggery of ganking AKF'ers who have nothing to do with any of it. What I didn't expect is all these Lament of the Ganker threads, where they actually post honest-to-god sob stories about how they are being harassed and how victimized they feel, all the joy gone from their ruined lives now that people they want to gank don't stand to lose as much as before.

So yeah, that's new and exciting, and call me mean-hearted but I am getting some serious amusement mileage out of it.

I don't think you're mean-hearted. xD  It's kind of goes with the territory of playing a PVP game. That said, I do wish they were some PVE servers, or a way to unflag yourself or something, because I personally dislike PVP.  You won't see me QQ all over the forums if someone ganks me, though.  It's to be expected.

I have another dumb nublet question - Are stables/horses shared among your alts?  I don't really play any, like.. I've made one just to keep the name for later if I want to play that class. lol.  Kinda thinking of starting a tamer to fuss around with, though, and alts doing quests means more contrib points... which means I can buy that horse ranch in Heidel.  That's on topic, right? xD

Posted (edited)

The T7 is 0 5 3, not 0 6 3

Ah, thanks for pointing that out, fixed it 

And it's one of the real pretty ones too:)

Grats. Was long overdue. 

Thank youu!  it was :P 

I don't think you're mean-hearted. xD  It's kind of goes with the territory of playing a PVP game. That said, I do wish they were some PVE servers, or a way to unflag yourself or something, because I personally dislike PVP.  You won't see me QQ all over the forums if someone ganks me, though.  It's to be expected.

I have another dumb nublet question - Are stables/horses shared among your alts?  I don't really play any, like.. I've made one just to keep the name for later if I want to play that class. lol.  Kinda thinking of starting a tamer to fuss around with, though, and alts doing quests means more contrib points... which means I can buy that horse ranch in Heidel.  That's on topic, right? xD

Yes everything is shared except life skills levels :P 

Honestly I haven't seen a community of pvpers cry that much about everything like in this game. Personally I have been doing pvp in other games I have played over the years, being in one of the top guilds of the server it was constant war against other guilds, there was a lof of organised pvp (the real pvp) and a lot of random pk which only purpouse was to get the other guy angry so they would call their guild and there could be a fun fight, and what I see from this game about the majority of people that claim to be hardcore pvpers, at least in the forums, is that they are people that do PVE and ocasionally kill other people that are in their spot so they can have the mobs, they do it for the mobs not for the pvp, because the majority of them will only attack you if they know they can kill you for sure, oh and kill afk people, because that's what hardcore pvp is, right?
And instead of trying to give ideas to daum to make pvp more enjoyable for everyone they cry and cry like they are babies, it's so pathetic.

Pvpers in general (not everyone of course) don't like to think much, they will talk shit and do things only to annoy people in all games, but in this one it's reaching newer levels for me, they really think they are better that other people playing this game only because they think they do real pvp.

Edited by Zagan
Wall of text yay
1 person likes this

Posted

2 more levels to go. x.x

Woo, thanks Zagan!  That's good to know.

I keep running past the #4 trainer, makes me feel like I picked the right route to loop haha.

Posted

Uuuh... Does a horse costume really matter? Im a lil scared of leveling my T7 without one, i never cared about it but i may never get another T7 ever again O_O So far 4 skills on 5 levels, born with drift and learned charge at lvl 5... Still scared D8

Congrats to you too @Zagan! We got the same T7 ^_^ but mine's female @~@ Those T7's are so beautiful :x

Still got the parents of her around my stable, thinking of exchanging everyday, but the father is my best T6 (no IA but good stats @lvl 30) :(

1 person likes this

Posted

I am not even pvp level but I have seen completely different red named individuals in every single channel I change to on Orwen charging around right outside of Heidel being a complete asses. Any afk auto loop horse rider who is pvp level that just steps out over the safe zone is immediately done for :(

Yet sadly, all those sad people killing afk players come here crying for a t7 to buy. Human arrogance and stupidity never stopps to amaze me.

1 person likes this

Posted

Uuuh... Does a horse costume really matter? Im a lil scared of leveling my T7 without one, i never cared about it but i may never get another T7 ever again O_O So far 4 skills on 5 levels, born with drift and learned charge at lvl 5... Still scared D8

Congrats to you too @Zagan! We got the same T7 ^_^ but mine's female @~@ Those T7's are so beautiful :x

Still got the parents of her around my stable, thinking of exchanging everyday, but the father is my best T6 (no IA but good stats @lvl 30) :(

I am sure you will get more T7 haha they do seem to have a decent chance now. I would not exchange that horse if you like him, you can always try to buy one from the market for the exchange. 
Not sure about the costume thing... had the same luck with wagon horses and solo horses with costume altough I still level solo the horses I want to keep but it's more because I like to train them like they are my special babies or something lol, that sounded so stupid, but anyway, I wouldn't buy a costume only because of the skills thing

Posted

From what I've read (and I may be wrong), the horse costume gives you a little edge when it comes to leveling because of the speed buff.  I just bought the saddle from one of the sets for the extra stamina.  I also bought the riding costume, because yes EXP boost.

I may eventually get the other parts to the horse costume, but meh.

Posted

Has anyone else noticed a LOT of female horses from breeding? like all the new offspring I have gotten in the past few weeks have been T6 or T5 females.... its so wierd >.<
I even tried breeding on alts and different stables... no change, I just keep getting females... I am down to my last male T5 and now i have 14 t6 and 9 t5 females with nothing to breed them with >.< 

Posted (edited)

Has anyone else noticed a LOT of female horses from breeding? like all the new offspring I have gotten in the past few weeks have been T6 or T5 females.... its so wierd >.<
I even tried breeding on alts and different stables... no change, I just keep getting females... I am down to my last male T5 and now i have 14 t6 and 9 t5 females with nothing to breed them with >.< 

It's just RNG - some people get stuck with mostly males, some mostly females.

I'd suggest breeding your t6s to t4 males - those are easy to come by (on Uno you can get them off the market, unleveled and very cheap, pretty often. But you can also just breed a few t3 pairs at low-ish levels and you're bound to get some t4 males). I actually rather like the t4/t6 pairings for the t7 tries and do it more often than any other combo; you have to go 28/30 on levels but it's still nearly not as bad as the 29/29 t5.

Edited by Stillheart

Posted

Great! Then i'll wait to see if i like any upcoming horse costume :P They're too expensive to buy one that i dont really love!

I also bought the riding attire, but just because horsies! That day, i also got me some mystery dyes, and got a black dye and a white-ish dye so i pimped it and now my pants are bright as **** B| 

I hope so, I'm so happy for us unlucky breeders having higher chances :D And @idulfingz it may have something to do with breeding at higher thresholds, since the chances of females are higher than males. When i started breeding at higher thresholds i got a lot of females too, but still get males (I was a male kinda breeder, literally cried for females)

Im also taking a break from afk wagon leveling because summer is kicking in and my room gets too hot, yesterday I found my pc heated and i felt bad for it, because its almost new and I dont want to make it suffer any longer now that I got at least a T7 (and pretty), i will make it work hard again when summer is gone. #ComputerLivesMatter 

Now i'll have fun leveling my girl Alice without fear and the rest of my T6's then my army of black T5s 9_9

Posted (edited)

Like many of the trainers here, I have been breeding left and right for a chance at breeding the fastest T6 and even for a T7... I've never been able to get a T6N. After initially reading that the Valencia patch was going to be released soon* I decided to horde a few horses for a chance of a T6N or a T7. Here is my result after June 1st patch.

Tier 5

Parents

cdCBeTB.png T5M/29 + N4yNWhR.pngT5F/29

Foal 

8CtSo3I.pngT6M, JsYzIhg.pngT5F(reset), dbdOOSp.pngT6F(exchanged)

Tier 6

Parents

nbCSOPz.pngT6M/30 + pzK63nR.pngT6F/27

Foal

v2PCb19.pngT6F, GTZPGF4.pngT7M(reset),v2PCb19.pngT6M (exchanged)

At this point, I give up on hoping for the horses I want and just accept what I get. I did get a T7, but it's the slowest T7. 

Edited by Dal

Posted (edited)

Do you guys have any horses that you keep, or do you exchange everybody eventually? xD  I'm talking kids who aren't T7. ;3

I'm pretty sure everyone has a keeper in their stables :3

For me it's the T6I, because she was my very first tier 6 and I looove that skin
I've also kept the T6N, because he was my first superduperfast Horse with Instant Accel and Sprint

And just for the looks I'm keeping the T5E and T6D (got this one recently wheee), both are still level 1 so I don't know yet if they are just good looking or beauties and smart.

Currently in the oven:
JsYzIhg.pngoCGYFCV.png

SunnyDaze Lvl30        &      PlumSweet Lvl29
T5C                                     T5D

Edited by Riverbloom

Posted (edited)

Guys... 10 foals. 7 T6s and 3 T5s. No T7. Am I doing something wrong? Please tell me if I am or if I just have rotten luck... It can't be this hard with a ~27% to ~32% chance at T7 each go. You'd think after 10 tries I'd have at least one T7. I'm so heartbroken.

ALL Post-patch foals, including my 4 foals from yesterday:

Parents = (breed, breed, exchange)

T6m H 26 + T5f C 25 (Grade 700) = T6m R, T6m C, T5f E

T6m K 28 + T6f H 27 (Grade 750) = T6f U, T5f E, 

T6m A 29 + T6f D 27 (Grade 750) = T6m R, T5f E, T6f D

T6m D 29 + T6f D 27 (Grade 750)  = T6f L, T6f D

Summary: Optimum threshold parents = 10 foals: 3 T5s, 7 T6s. 3 new T6 skins. 5 females / 4 males. 0 T7s. Many tears.

Edit: Post from yesterday including parent icons, previous levels, and first 4 foal icons http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/46803-horse-breeding-findings-megathread/&do=findComment&comment=1186789

I expected it to be more difficult than T6s but this is pretty discouraging. Please tell me if I'm an idiot and I'm doing something wrong. I can't find anything. Is it all just horrible luck? It seriously feels like I am behind a brick wall and I have 0% chance at T7. Like I'm doing something wrong. If I am, I want to fix it ASAP after I mourn the loss of these pairs.

I have 1 - 2 exchanges left.. then back to waiting for horses to be leveled up. Which sucks because I prepared these 4 pairs from the moment we knew Valencia was coming out. I have 2 other pairs half leveled up but waiting for their mates..

Since I have started recording ALL of my foals and trying for the purebreds, I have had 24 total T6s and 17 total T5s. More before documentation started. That's how much time I have spent with horses. Dx  Sooo much time. and I will continue to spend time with them.. and neglecting the rest of the game! lol :)

Grats on everyone else's T7s and new T6s. And good luck on all your future breeds!

Edited by Andromedas
2 people like this

Posted

Guys... 10 foals. 7 T6s and 3 T5s. No T7. Am I doing something wrong? Please tell me if I am or if I just have rotten luck... It can't be this hard with a ~27% to ~32% chance at T7 each go. You'd think after 10 tries I'd have at least one T7. I'm so heartbroken.

Summary: Optimum threshold parents = 10 foals: 3 T5s, 7 T6s. 3 new T6 skins. 5 females / 4 males. 0 T7s. Many tears.

I expected it to be more difficult than T6s but this is pretty discouraging. Please tell me if I'm an idiot and I'm doing something wrong. I can't find anything. Is it all just horrible luck? It seriously feels like I am behind a brick wall and I have 0% chance at T7. Like I'm doing something wrong. If I am, I want to fix it ASAP after I mourn the loss of these pairs.

I have 1 - 2 exchanges left.. then back to waiting for horses to be leveled up. Which sucks because I prepared these 4 pairs from the moment we knew Valencia was coming out. I have 2 other pairs half leveled up but waiting for their mates..

Since I have started recording ALL of my foals and trying for the purebreds, I have had 24 total T6s and 17 total T5s. More before documentation started. That's how much time I have spent with horses. Dx  Sooo much time. and I will continue to spend time with them.. and neglecting the rest of the game! lol :)

Grats on everyone else's T7s and new T6s. And good luck on all your future breeds!

You just have bad luck, you're doing everythings right

Posted

I know I haven't posted here much from the start, but I always read what everyone else posts. I wanted to say thank you to everyone for sharing their stories and pictures, it's made the last few months bearable :) Yesterday I got this baby, female T7 and I just really wanted to say thank you everyone for making it possible *hugs* I know you will all get the horses you want soon enough. https://gyazo.com/60438d0d9795c42107a129bd0012aeee 

2016-06-03_1927809921.JPG

2016-06-03_1927969412.JPG

2016-06-03_1927974143.JPG

2016-06-03_1927977989.JPG

1 person likes this

Posted

I got my first one after 33 breeds on patch day. Some of us just are unlucky for whatever reason and some just crap them out like it's nothing. Just RNG, I feel your pain.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yes, I know. I got my first T7 out of 2 T5's and I got four T6's yesterday as well from T5's.

I am specifically talking more about breeding T6's and getting downgraded foals (T5).

I know. It is retarded. One could argue that in real life you don't get a guaranteed upgrade when breeding horses either. But I would hold against that that in real life you are also not limited to a single breeding and then have to implant a new uterus if you want a second chance ... :D

2 people like this

Posted

Edit: Post from yesterday including parent icons, previous levels, and first 4 foal icons http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/46803-horse-breeding-findings-megathread/&do=findComment&comment=1186789

Like most things in this game, it ultimately comes down to RNG. Keep at it though. Most people won't have T7s for a while, so in the end it'll be worth it imo.

Posted (edited)

I got my first one after 33 breeds on patch day. Some of us just are unlucky for whatever reason and some just crap them out like it's nothing. Just RNG, I feel your pain

You just have bad luck, you're doing everythings right

Like most things in this game, it ultimately comes down to RNG. Keep at it though. Most people won't have T7s for a while, so in the end it'll be worth it imo.

Thank you guys for your responses. It's just really disheartening. My entire guild (handful of like 7 people so far) has been breeding here and there since patch and nobody has a T7 except for the one person who got a purebred pre-patch. We have about 30-40 tries between all of us and nothing to show for it. It's like RNGesus has forsaken us. I think I have the most amount of tries out of everyone in the guild. Nada! Nada nada nada. Sucks. 

Most of my guildmates can't even get a new T6 skin..

Edited by Andromedas

Posted

Just put my two t3's to cook, everyone hope for a pretty t5 for me!

2 people like this