• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Horse Breeding / Findings MegaThread

27,967 posts in this topic

Posted

Looking for some advice from people who are more experienced with the breeding system here in BDO than I am. I haven't been breeding for as long as many of you probably, and Im curious about the efficiency of leveling a few T6 horses from level 1 - 27/28/29/30 to breed, rather than leveling a larger amount of t6 horses to level 22 to breed.  So long story short, I spent around a good 3 weeks of pure wagon riding (24 hours a day, rip electricity bill) to level up 8 of my t6 horses from level 1 to various levels between 27-30 depending on what horse I was breeding them with (I made sure all matches met the 750 threshold on the breeding calculator).  Unfortunately out of 10 breedings (5 females/3 males, used breeding resets), I got 3 T5's and 7 T6's.  I decided this time to breed them all at the same time (or as close back to back as i could get by switching channels) because I was hoping it would improve my RNG of getting that 30% chance of a T7.  

Anyways, my question is: Is that extra 8-9% chance for a T7 from breeding at the 750 threshold better than being able to breed more horses in the same time span at the 700 threshold by using the time it would take to level horses from 22-27/28 to just level new horses up to 22?  Plus because I dont know if my sanity can take the disappointment of spending so much time leveling all of these t6's to level 27/28/29/sometimes 30 and only getting t5's and t6's out of it.  At least getting to level 22 doesnt take as much time, and so the disappointment isnt as painful.  Oh and unless the horses are totally worthless and dont sell at the market, I usually dont exchange them because I'm too poor to be able to throw possible wagon money down the drain.

Thanks in advance <3

Posted

Looking for some advice from people who are more experienced with the breeding system here in BDO than I am. I haven't been breeding for as long as many of you probably, and Im curious about the efficiency of leveling a few T6 horses from level 1 - 27/28/29/30 to breed, rather than leveling a larger amount of t6 horses to level 22 to breed.  So long story short, I spent around a good 3 weeks of pure wagon riding (24 hours a day, rip electricity bill) to level up 8 of my t6 horses from level 1 to various levels between 27-30 depending on what horse I was breeding them with (I made sure all matches met the 750 threshold on the breeding calculator).  Unfortunately out of 10 breedings (5 females/3 males, used breeding resets), I got 3 T5's and 7 T6's.  I decided this time to breed them all at the same time (or as close back to back as i could get by switching channels) because I was hoping it would improve my RNG of getting that 30% chance of a T7.  

Anyways, my question is: Is that extra 8-9% chance for a T7 from breeding at the 750 threshold better than being able to breed more horses in the same time span at the 700 threshold by using the time it would take to level horses from 22-27/28 to just level new horses up to 22?  Plus because I dont know if my sanity can take the disappointment of spending so much time leveling all of these t6's to level 27/28/29/sometimes 30 and only getting t5's and t6's out of it.  At least getting to level 22 doesnt take as much time, and so the disappointment isnt as painful.  Oh and unless the horses are totally worthless and dont sell at the market, I usually dont exchange them because I'm too poor to be able to throw possible wagon money down the drain.

Thanks in advance <3

I've been doing 22 for my T6s. In the time it takes to get a wagonful of them from 22-28, I pretty much could have leveled 4 more of them to 22. So instead of improving my shot 9%, I've got a whole 27% again. I'm happy with my logic. I've gotten 6 T7s this way since the patch. But to each their own

1 person likes this

Posted

I've been doing 22 for my T6s. In the time it takes to get a wagonful of them from 22-28, I pretty much could have leveled 4 more of them to 22. So instead of improving my shot 9%, I've got a whole 27% again. I'm happy with my logic. I've gotten 6 T7s this way since the patch. But to each their own

Thanks thats kind of what I was hoping for, after the pain of leveling up so many horses to levels 27+, I started to wonder if that 9% chance was actually worth it.  Cheers.

Posted

Anyways, my question is: Is that extra 8-9% chance for a T7 from breeding at the 750 threshold better than being able to breed more horses in the same time span at the 700 threshold by using the time it would take to level horses from 22-27/28 to just level new horses up to 22?  

I do not ever bother with the 750 threshold unless I have a reason to level a particular pair of t6s to 30 (usually if they show a lot of promise with the skills) as, imo, the extra chance at the t7 is way too low for the time investment. Even then, if I have a pair of lvl 30 t6s I will most of the time only level another pair to 18 to breed with the first one. The way to beat RNG is to throw quantity at it, not quality, and also it's a little less frustrating to be getting t5s from a lvl 22 pair than lvl 30.

2 people like this

Posted

I tried to use the search option, but either I'm too dumb, putting wrong key word, or forum is just trolling me, but it's giving me 'found 0 results'. Which isn't possible but... eh. Anyway, somewhere along the 700+ pages here, there was talk about how to get T3A and T3B. Can anyone here please, again, say what levels and combos of T2 and T1 they used to consistently get these horses? I used up mine, and it was a while ago, and I really need to breed up toward black/white T5 (white if I'm lucky), and I'd really like to get T3 stepping stones quickly as I"m still leveling my T5/T6 horses for T7, and generally have only one spot on wagon for a low tier horse. If I remember well, someone said they were getting one of the skins (T3B maybe) all the time from a certain combo, and I would really appreciate if they would post it again.

I apologise for asking about something that has been talked about here a lot, but I really can't find it and would appreciate a lot a patient help in that regard.

Personally, I got the majority of T3A and T3B with T2male lvl 8 and T2 female lvl 6 gave me a female T3 every time and large majority were T3B and the offshoots were T3A.

To get males It was T2 male @ lvl 8 and T2 female at lvl 7.

These two formula, for me never failed on the sex of the foal. 20+ breedings of the first gave me females every time and the second formula gave me 12+ males every time.

Majority of the offspring was T3B, with a few T3A with the first formula. The second formula seemed to give me 3D E and F all male in fairly equal amounts.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Wooo it worked for me even though they had so much red! 
Bred two same pairs so just posting like  this x)
2f689c3a0b714093c0123322058ecb8e.jpg?refT3M/LvL3 + abb7a35e0477507a120a741368a0384a.jpg?refT2F/LvL4 = 1f09bda3dd574fcd191f4df0a7ebc264.jpg?refT3F, 1f09bda3dd574fcd191f4df0a7ebc264.jpg?refT3F
Second breedings and exchange 
1f09bda3dd574fcd191f4df0a7ebc264.jpg?ref,1f09bda3dd574fcd191f4df0a7ebc264.jpg?ref,1f09bda3dd574fcd191f4df0a7ebc264.jpg?ref all Females lol its like magic x'D
Thank you Stillheart

Edited by Silvite
2 people like this

Posted

Personally, I got the majority of T3A and T3B with T2male lvl 8 and T2 female lvl 6 gave me a female T3 every time and large majority were T3B and the offshoots were T3A.

To get males It was T2 male @ lvl 8 and T2 female at lvl 7.

These two formula, for me never failed on the sex of the foal. 20+ breedings of the first gave me females every time and the second formula gave me 12+ males every time.

Majority of the offspring was T3B, with a few T3A with the first formula. The second formula seemed to give me 3D E and F all male in fairly equal amounts.

Thank you very much :) Seems I know have  clear formula to use :D

Wooo it worked for me even though they had so much red! 
Bred two same pairs so just posting like  this x)
2f689c3a0b714093c0123322058ecb8e.jpg?refT3M/LvL3 + abb7a35e0477507a120a741368a0384a.jpg?refT2F/LvL4 = 1f09bda3dd574fcd191f4df0a7ebc264.jpg?refT3F, 1f09bda3dd574fcd191f4df0a7ebc264.jpg?refT3F

Haha, for the science :D Thank you :) I will start producing those as soon as I finish getting my T3 male currently in wagon.

1 person likes this

Posted

I do not ever bother with the 750 threshold unless I have a reason to level a particular pair of t6s to 30 (usually if they show a lot of promise with the skills) as, imo, the extra chance at the t7 is way too low for the time investment. Even then, if I have a pair of lvl 30 t6s I will most of the time only level another pair to 18 to breed with the first one. The way to beat RNG is to throw quantity at it, not quality, and also it's a little less frustrating to be getting t5s from a lvl 22 pair than lvl 30.

Thanks, thats encouraging to hear because I was really not looking forward to getting this next wagon of fresh foals up to 28 again.  I realize patience is a virtue, but that time investment is real.  I'll try my luck with a few 700 threshold breedings!

Posted

Thanks, thats encouraging to hear because I was really not looking forward to getting this next wagon of fresh foals up to 28 again.  I realize patience is a virtue, but that time investment is real.  I'll try my luck with a few 700 threshold breedings!

I focus on T6 at level 22 also. I have 6 T7's currently.

1 person likes this

Posted

I realize patience is a virtue, but that time investment is real.  I'll try my luck with a few 700 threshold breedings!

Whoever invented this whole 'patience is a virtue' bullshit was definitely trying to frustrate you into buying their cash shop items. :)

Good luck with your breedings; 3 of my t7s came from a 700 threshold, so it definitely works (how often is up to RNG gods of course).

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Recent results :

9q55bmJ.png + PLTahbx.png = jB2lpjw.png

Mousse T6 lv 25                 Tears T5 lv 26                   Winter T7 G

a14JK6i.png + PLTahbx.png = 9q55bmJ.png

Anomaly T6 lv 23                 Shiver T5 lv 28                     Eden T6

cdCBeTB.png + 7wq9xH7.png = 106kp4q.png

Darkflame T5 lv 29               Crap T5 lv 29                     Snow T7 D

cdCBeTB.png + 7wq9xH7.png = oOC6Pmg.png

Darkflame T5 lv 29               Crap T5 lv 29                     Genova T5     [Exchange]

So i have now 3x T7 (2 female and 1 male), quite happy :x still trying to get the T7I tho !

After patch analyze :

T5444,44%
T6222,22%
T7333,33%

T5 M00,00%
T5 F444,44%
T6 M111,11%
T6 F111,11%
T7 M111,11%
T7 F222,22%
Edited by Eyolis
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Uh something weired with posting either way...
My jaw dropped :') would never think this horse would turn out to be this smart!
First time seeing horse with 15 skills lol any bets if he learns last one? Its "quick stop" :'))
2016-06-12_186686739.thumb.PNG.974664c59

Edited by Silvite
4 people like this

Posted (edited)

Breeding from two days ago

Female T5C level 27JsYzIhg.png+ Male T6H level 25 a14JK6i.png

First breed Male T6M iP8SvQq.png

Second breed Male T6E v2PCb19.png

Exchange Male T6N 7xQiHla.png

I needed some more males so I'm happy with this result. I really have to stop spending money on resets, I have two male resets left and then I'm not spending another dime on them ( that's the plan anyway )

Last nights breeding

Female T5M level 27 CiVmLIz.png + Male T6D HtSsTfR.png

First breed Male T7I dXhS0q1.png

Waiting for a second female to level up and breed with the male horse then ill do an exchange and post results

Edited by Quinntessa
weird stuff happned
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I mean, don't we all (or maybe the majority of us) are annoyed by those kind of players who just want to buy a horse up to xx million silver, preferable with breedings left and/or sprint/drift/IA combo? 

Yes, leveling horses and breeding them to reach a certain goal is in fact RNG, a time and moneysink (whoever is willing to spend money on resets of breedings/skills) but the annoying part is, that some random guy shouts out he wants this and that on a T6/T7 and maybe never ever thinking about how much effort and dedication lies behind everything?! 
Why isn't the lifeskill Training more rewarding for us dedicated breeders out here? Don't get me wrong, but should not we deserve a high tier horse with great skills more than a random guy who bought horses off the market and just got lucky? Just look at other lifeskills, they have real benefits for leveling them up.

*sigh

Sorry for ranting, it's just one of those moments I get easily angry about an ingame feature. 
And sorry if there are any spelling/grammar mistakes, take them and make yummy carrots out of them - english isn't my native language. 

I dislike those people too. There is one player called Claire So-and-so who does it on Alustin a lot. The other day I happened to get another guild offer, and it turned out it was from the guild that Claire-person was in. I explained in detail to the guy trying to recruit me why it would not be a good idea to have me in the same guild as a guy who tries to ride on other people's backs to reach a certain in-game goal 9_9 Besides me literally hating the guild system in BDO with a passion anyhow, but that it another topic.

Also a few days ago I saw someone spam on Alustin wanting to buy a "good T7". So not just any T7, no, it has to have all the perfect skills too. Cheers, I have been literally working since game release on that goal and not reached it yet. Hope noone sells those guys anything...

Edited by Ninon
2 people like this

Posted

Today's exchange:

T6 lvl 22 female pzK63nR.png+ T6 lvl 22 male kDrwxoE.png=

T6 female iP8SvQq.png

Posted

Honestly I don't think there's anything wrong with the people wanting to buy a good horse, we all buy things from other professions, I bought an alchemy stone and haven't touched alchemy ever. In fact that should be the logical thing, for us breeders to be to ones to provide good horses to the non breeders, but there are too many things made wrong on this system that it feels bad to do so.

If we would be the only ones able to produce good horses; if they sold for a better price; if there wasn't any cash shop item involved in the profession, less rng, etc, it would be like a normal profession and it wouldn't bother us to sell horses, so I don't think it's the people but the system.

Posted

Sometimes I wanna cry......I bred

jyubgtrvfbghn.thumb.JPG.732aea4a26d9b0b1T6 female lvl 24 + asdfghj.thumb.JPG.9b209833ebb6c2b22663f8     T6 male level 22

and got jmhbgfdefrgt.thumb.JPG.ac819615c88a4ebc3 T6 female

exchanged and got this T5.thumb.JPG.9639f5c3ad7161d2714dcbbee78 T5 female.....sucks the big one when you spend days and days leveling 2 T6 for these results. Feel like I just wasted days leveling for nothing.

Posted

That tail bounce :x

qwo9sSX.jpg

6 people like this

Posted

Breedings from Friday:

EyujNd4.png

Finally got my first Buttplug :P Also one of my favourite T7 skins. Smiles all round :x

0KCLxY2.jpg

5 people like this

Posted

Sometimes I wanna cry......I bred

jyubgtrvfbghn.thumb.JPG.732aea4a26d9b0b1T6 female lvl 24 + asdfghj.thumb.JPG.9b209833ebb6c2b22663f8     T6 male level 22

and got jmhbgfdefrgt.thumb.JPG.ac819615c88a4ebc3 T6 female

exchanged and got this T5.thumb.JPG.9639f5c3ad7161d2714dcbbee78 T5 female.....sucks the big one when you spend days and days leveling 2 T6 for these results. Feel like I just wasted days leveling for nothing.

I don't exchange 2 T6's anymore. I've exchanged most ideal pairings too i.e.  2 T6 30  Black horses combined 11 color Black yet still get T5 or random T6 non black.    I feel your pain.  :(      I've changed my strategy up now too.  I breed T5/6 pairs and sometimes T6's pairs at threshold 700 range.  I only exchange T5's.  I personally get better breed results/exchanges from T5/6 pairings for some reason - 2 T7s from this pairup. 

Breeding your level 25 male T5 with your level 26 female T6 could give one of these offsprings:

or

Breeding your level 22 male T6 with your level 22 female T6 could give one of these offsprings:

• ~12.05%Tier 5 ♂ Male
  • ~21.08%Tier 5 ♀ Female
  • ~18.07%Tier 6 ♂ Male
  • ~21.08%Tier 6 ♀ Female
  • ~18.07%Tier 7 ♂ Male
  • ~9.64%Tier 7 ♀ Female

Optimizer

702/703breeding grade reached

Posted (edited)

Today's breeding results after a week of looping...

Male T6 P Lv25  + Female T5 D Lv26 = Male T7 A  - Named him Boss!

Male T6 P Lv25 + Female T5 A Lv26 = Male T6 Q

Exchanged the last pair and got... Female T5 F aka "Pinky" 

Got my first pink disaster. x.x However I'm quite happy with my third T7, finally got a pure red one that I've been trying for since the beginning!!

Hgq84bo.jpg

Edited by Simoun
4 people like this

Posted

Honestly I don't think there's anything wrong with the people wanting to buy a good horse, we all buy things from other professions, I bought an alchemy stone and haven't touched alchemy ever. In fact that should be the logical thing, for us breeders to be to ones to provide good horses to the non breeders, but there are too many things made wrong on this system that it feels bad to do so.

If we would be the only ones able to produce good horses; if they sold for a better price; if there wasn't any cash shop item involved in the profession, less rng, etc, it would be like a normal profession and it wouldn't bother us to sell horses, so I don't think it's the people but the system.

Sadly too many ifs. Also, while I really don't think there's anything wrong with wanting, and trying to buy, a good horse, I do have issue with people stopping horse breeders from auto looping by charging into them, or knocking them into water to kill them and/or horses - and THEN wanting to buy a leveled, good horse from those same people. That you made waste entire night or day by making them stand in place, or killing them. The logic there is incomprehensible, and it's seriously the very definition of feeling entitled.

Posted

Well, I got no T2D. :( Though, I did find a way to get T3D females?

Red: 3, Black: 2, White: 3

( I was doing my best to match T2D's R:2B:0W:1 )

ahdv4EH.pngSnow lvl 3    + J8h5Cm9.pngTesla lvl 3 

Bokn0ch.png Blueberry (breed) &

Bokn0ch.pngMystery (Exchange)

They'll look nice on a farm wagon at least. ;o

Posted (edited)

Well, I got no T2D. :( Though, I did find a way to get T3D females?

Red: 3, Black: 2, White: 3

( I was doing my best to match T2D's R:2B:0W:1 )

ahdv4EH.pngSnow lvl 3    + J8h5Cm9.pngTesla lvl 3 

Bokn0ch.png Blueberry (breed) &

Bokn0ch.pngMystery (Exchange)

They'll look nice on a farm wagon at least. ;o

Eh well... they do look nice in pair. I tried to get T2D breeding T1B on very low levels. Failed about 10 or so attempts, I think I said here before, all I got were T2C females. Every possible level resulted in them. I'm actually thinking I might try T1A or T1A and T1B.

Edited by Ratnica

Posted

all Females lol its like magic x'D
Thank you Stillheart

My pleasure. It's weird, isn't it? I have no idea why it always works and why reversing levels sometimes results in a male. But glad to see it's still holding true and that you're getting what you wanted.

1 person likes this