• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Horse Breeding / Findings MegaThread

27,967 posts in this topic

Posted

bda87a031f4ea83a75373f289c6b2ecb.jpg?refT4M/LvL22 + f9514ac29b1afccb01d79a2f661afd7e.jpg?refT3F/LvL25 = aa7c36d450838f432be1b5da1f349abc.jpg?refT4F + f9e0daca15323f3b9ecd7e027008500f.jpg?refT5F + 036af22aa077f24433a3e09dfa01a6fa.jpg?refT5M (exchange)
Used two same females so no reset
Exchanged other girl just now with cheap guy from market x')
a7efcf0fdcc1f3931eaad29416a7f3fb.jpg?refT5M/LvL20 + f9514ac29b1afccb01d79a2f661afd7e.jpg?refT3F/LvL25 = ea8c2453c2c14970ddef37db15388a7c.jpg?refT5F (exchange) x'D 
Just when I thought I will get rid of these two T5F once I breed them with other mustard guy...I get exactly same gurls here.........

Posted

So I did something I find myself doing sometimes and later regretting...... I was about to breed my T6S Female with my T5H Black horsey for another shot at the "dream horsey" T7C Blackey and as I clicked on my female and opened the breed I listed to apply ..this T6D was publicly listed by someone and I hesitated for a sec thinking OMG what color combo is this and it's T6...then said oh what the heck let me go for it it's got black in it....so I clicked apply and ran to bdo calc then I shook my head like why why why doesn't this have more black count it's 3 not 4. So my chance for T7 blackey was out and I ended up with this mustardey horsey  9_9

HtSsTfR.pngT6D LVL 26 MALE    +3AQXzZQ.pngT6S LVL 21 FEMALE   =   YAmBFBt.pngT6K FEMALE 

Posted (edited)

I'm fairly new to horse breeding and have been leveling up horses with a wagon and breeding lower tier horses up to higher tier. Im now finally entering the higher tier and mating those and finally got my first t7, a female by breeding a t5 and a t6. The only other horse i used for personal use since my crappy lower tier horses was a tier 6 i got recently that by lvl 14 had learned 9 skills. I have yet to finish leveling him but so far so good. My t7 is only lvl 4 so i know the fact it only has 2 skills isnt something to worry about too much yet but its fore chop and caution. 

I was not aware that the horse costumes that go for 2,000 pearls gave an increased chance to learn skills as you level the horse. So now i'm wondering should i stop leveling my t7 till i buy a horse costume? If im only leveling horses to breed on my wagon i wont worry about it, but horses that i want for personal use can anyone tell me if it is a significant difference or not leveling a horse with or w/o a costume? I have never seen any posts about this before. Also if i put the outfit on my horse and put it on the wagon to level overnight with breeding horses, would it still count?

Forget the horse costume, if the only purpose of purchasing it is regarding the increase chances of learning a new skill. You wont see any noticeable difference with or without costume (must give like 0,0001% extra chance on top of horses learning skills is so random that no one can assure you that the costume really makes a difference, I have one since the start and it feels like it was 20 euros flushed into toilet).

1) I dont know if it's outdated or not, all results post patch fits in the % given by the calculator. Usually people go with the 700 threshold, it gives around 28% chance of getting a T7, going for the next threshold, the 750 threshold, gives you around 31,5%, the percentage gain to the previous threshold is usually not seen worthy by most of the breeders because it takes more time to get to that threshold than having another set ready at the 700 threshold.

2) Most efficient way to get a T7 is to grind some mobs, afk fish and wait for someone to put one in the market. Breeding wise, you have two options, buy some cheap T5/T6 from the market or catch some T3 in the wild. Dont bother to level T3 and T4 horses past 10 and 20 respectively , put them on a 4 horses wagon (merchant one is the fastest thus more XP over time compared to the noble wagon, dont use a 2 horse wagon)and level those T3 to 10 and hope for a T4. Then level those T4 that you'll eventually get to 20. Then look at your stables and see if you finally have a T5/T6 or a T6/T6 combo that could give you a T7 at the 700 threshold. If so, wagon with them and afk for a week.

Edited by Roads
I also forgot, your wallet also plays a big role on how to be efficient, up to you if you want to open it or not.

Posted

Start Accel: you hit space to make your horse rear up followed by W. Horsey will leap forward straight into a canter (bypassing walk and trot).

It's not that great for a quick start honestly, especially if your horse has good acceleration on its own.

What it IS good for is getting over obstacles from a stand still. For example if you get stopped and stuck behind something you can use start accel to jump out without having to get up speed again. Also note that if you don't have it trained it can mess with you trying to jump if you're not going fast enough.

Hope that helps!

Edit: finish leveing your horse before skill swapping! 

right, except hope stacks only work on level up, NOT on skill coupon usage as expected, and my tier 7 is level 23 with only two more skills to learn so i was thinking of using it early just for fun lol

Posted (edited)

right, except hope stacks only work on level up, NOT on skill coupon usage as expected, and my tier 7 is level 23 with only two more skills to learn so i was thinking of using it early just for fun lol

No, they don't.  I had a horse that had IA and Drift by level 30 so I used a skill change - which I believe *requires* you to choose a hope skill - and I switched out Caution.  To Two-Seater so it's obviously still RNG.  Sprint then had a hope stack of 1 (it's like fail stacks).  And since she was level 30 she obviously couldn't level up any more.

Edit to add:  I hadn't bought that particular skill change coupon although I forget where I had gotten it.  And then I was like eh, I might as well try it again.  I did buy 2 more (I didn't want to pay more than that).  I didn't get Sprint (again) and the hope stacks were then at 2.  So I tried for a third time and got super lucky and got Sprint.  That particular horse has 13 skills and is missing Fore Chop, Hind Kick and Caution.

Here's something I found out a few days ago.  Don't try to use Start Accel when you have someone else riding the horse with you.  It WILL dump them off and you'll go racing off without them.  I didn't know that at the time and it was absolutely hilarious.  Now when I want that particular friend to dismount - usually because we've gotten to where we're going and he's not paying attention - I'll just have the horse rear and my friend will just tumble off.  And yes, I laugh every time.

Edited by Elessara
1 person likes this

Posted

I keep leveling my T7 but i should really start leveling my T5 pair and T6 pair to try for more T7s xD

I have a pair which have a chance of T7 red and a female T5 which has 4 in black so awaiting for a suitable mate

My current wagon....

My ugliest wagon full yet D:

Ugly Wagon.jpg

This was literally my wagon pre-T7 patch. Same exact 4 horses. Now it's whites and blacks. Much prettier.

Posted (edited)

Edit: Quoted wrong person

Edited by HoneyGirl

Posted (edited)

No, they don't.  I had a horse that had IA and Drift by level 30 so I used a skill change - which I believe *requires* you to choose a hope skill - and I switched out Caution.  To Two-Seater so it's obviously still RNG.  Sprint then had a hope stack of 1 (it's like fail stacks).  And since she was level 30 she obviously couldn't level up any more.

Edit to add:  I hadn't bought that particular skill change coupon although I forget where I had gotten it.  And then I was like eh, I might as well try it again.  I did buy 2 more (I didn't want to pay more than that).  I didn't get Sprint (again) and the hope stacks were then at 2.  So I tried for a third time and got super lucky and got Sprint.  That particular horse has 13 skills and is missing Fore Chop, Hind Kick and Caution.

Your luck with learning or not learning Sprint via the skill change coupon has nothing to do with Hope stacks. Meaning, a failure to learn the chosen skill will up the Hope stack count, yes, but all they do is (allegedly) give you a better chance to learn the skill they apply to on level up. If your horse is lvl 30 then they are effectively useless.

Edited by Stillheart

Posted

Thanks for all the help folks.  Got my first T7.  Still have a bunch more tries in the stable but glad to have one in the family.

51f50da588b19e765c9bd289cc66fbc0.jpg?ref
5 GRADE222MaleComet28        
be9f3e9b1413a56bcfc9736399787bc2.jpg?ref
6 GRADE205FemaleArcturus27Foal 1
MBmjaHq.png?refresh=900&resize_h=NaN&res
7 GRADE007MaleZeus
be9f3e9b1413a56bcfc9736399787bc2.jpg?ref
6 GRADE205FemaleArcturus27Foal 2
5f9380c359589e0c27404fd51a1c641f.jpg?ref
5 GRADE222FemaleHarare
a7efcf0fdcc1f3931eaad29416a7f3fb.jpg?ref
5 GRADE410FemaleMumbai27Exchange
a9da647080b85669a9da67efa96c5302.jpg?ref
6 GRADE322MaleOrion
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

After my 11 male series horse Nr. 12 ...all ppl say mutants are bad but i love them since now - gave me my first T7 aaaaaand its Female! :D

0c32db1dbe44fedb9abf551d6493ed84.jpg?ref
332Breed6M26
efe2ef56ceedd5cc17ff649008c78bc1.jpg?ref
333Foal7F
3ade94264d975b1bcb4124142aba3532.jpg?ref
411Breed5F26       

Edited by Necromonger
3 people like this

Posted

The demise of Flint. Useless T6 with 6 crap skills at level 18. Destined to be glue.

Screenshot_(7).thumb.png.ab8f27d8371705b

And he didn't give me downgrades. Nice.

Posted

I cry a little inside seeing this :(

Why you do this?

why.png

Posted

I cry a little inside seeing this :(

Why you do this?

why.png

Never see that happen here, or probably missing as lately I haven't been checking market too often, being focused on getting prof 5 on processing and prof 10 on gathering - but it reminds me I should keep a leveled female of at least t4. T5 in a perfect world. Just for cases like that.

Posted

Never see that happen here, or probably missing as lately I haven't been checking market too often, being focused on getting prof 5 on processing and prof 10 on gathering - but it reminds me I should keep a leveled female of at least t4. T5 in a perfect world. Just for cases like that.

Last couple of days I've seen around 10 T7's on the actual market without breeding attempts, and 3 on the breeding market :/ I don't like it at all, but then again I am hoarding my T7's for T8 attempts, and seeing one like that with that white amount angers me a little. Such a waste in my eyes, ohh well. ^^

1 person likes this

Posted

Last couple of days I've seen around 10 T7's on the actual market without breeding attempts, and 3 on the breeding market :/ I don't like it at all, but then again I am hoarding my T7's for T8 attempts, and seeing one like that with that white amount angers me a little. Such a waste in my eyes, ohh well. ^^

It is a waste. I still didn't get T7, and hopefully I will soon enough (getting there with leveling), and I will too hoard all T7 I can get for when T8 are released. I don't get it, the silver is change in the grand scheme, especially when you can make 1 mil in less than an hour of grinding at helms or abandoned mine, or much more on sausan or pirates. Such a waste.

Posted

maybe it was a error not using the show only me button?

Posted

maybe it was a error not using the show only me button?

Hard to happen for someone that bred up to T7, unless it was a player that had bought two leveled up T6, breedless even, mashed them together and got lucky. Guess it might happen.

Posted

Hard to happen for someone that bred up to T7, unless it was a player that had bought two leveled up T6, breedless even, mashed them together and got lucky. Guess it might happen.

Most def not an accident, All the horses I've seen so far thats been T7 is laying there for a good 10-30min before they get "bought" for breeding.

Posted

i will never sell my T7 horses T8 and T9 will come :D

1 person likes this

Posted

i will never sell my T7 horses T8 and T9 will come :D

Definitely. I'll selfishly hoard them. So much time and effort - no chance am I selling any of them.

Posted (edited)

Good morning all. Gratz to all those recently got T6 new looks and T7s. Here are my latest breeding attempts.

v2PCb19.pngT6 lvl 30 + oOC6Pmg.pngT5 lvl 26  Bred = oCGYFCV.pngT5 female

v2PCb19.pngT6 lvl 30 + JQvipJ3.pngT5 lvl 22 Bred = pzK63nR.pngT6 male

v2PCb19.pngT6 lvl 30 + pzK63nR.pngT6 lvl 28 Exchange = ZtCqXED.pngT6 female (made a mistake with this exchange, gambling a total of 28 million for the chance of T7 purebred. Oh well, never do that again :$)

CiVmLIz.pngT5 lvl 24 + pzK63nR.pngT6 lvl 28 Bred = HtSsTfR.pngT6 female

CiVmLIz.pngT5 lvl 24 + gDdOcIS.pngT4 lvl 30 Bred = 7wq9xH7.pngT5 female

CiVmLIz.pngT5 lvl 24 + gDdOcIS.pngT4 lvl 30 Exchange = oOC6Pmg.pngT5 male

PLTahbx.pngT5 lvl 24 + DF8HScu.pngT4 lvl 30 Bred =OPxokAE.pngT6 male (gorgeous looking horse but colours are a bit crappy)

PLTahbx.pngT5 lvl 24+ vuV4beE.pngT4 lvl 30 Bred = pzK63nR.pngT6 female

PLTahbx.pngT5 lvl 24 + vuV4beE.pngT4 lvl 30 Bred = sCSjdho.pngT7 male (YAY my first T7)

So, two new look T6s, a fair number of females and my first T7. I'm pretty happy with the results.

Busy lvling another round of breeding, still got two T6 males waiting for females and 3 wagon fulls of T4s 4 males + 8 females to hopefully get some upgrades in my stables.:)

Edited by Meep13
7 people like this

Posted

Good morning all. Gratz to all those recently got T6 new looks and T7s. Here are my latest breeding attempts.

Hidden Content

Busy lvling another round of breeding, still got two T6 males waiting for females and 3 wagon fulls of T4s 4 males + 8 females to hopefully get some upgrades in my stables.:)

I know it was a gamble, but that red T6 is amazing if you want to go for a red T7. I have a female and plan to breed her with T6 I male. That combination gives me total color value of 707, which is good to try both pure red and pure black. If I'm lucky to get T7 at all that is :D But my point is, I don't consider that beauty a waste, even if the exchange horses had high silver value.

Posted

I know it was a gamble, but that red T6 is amazing if you want to go for a red T7. I have a female and plan to breed her with T6 I male. That combination gives me total color value of 707, which is good to try both pure red and pure black. If I'm lucky to get T7 at all that is :D But my point is, I don't consider that beauty a waste, even if the exchange horses had high silver value.

Yeah, it's colour value is pretty amazing, thanks for the support 9_9

Posted

yeahsure.thumb.jpg.3a7ba7172646aec5a2d74

well, they are getting more and more specific about what they what from us ¬¬

And a big faaaaat congrats to you @Meep13 it was about time :D

2 people like this