• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Horse Breeding / Findings MegaThread

27,967 posts in this topic

Posted

apparently horse coupons are totally random.
Which is weird because everybody knows they prefer to give you caution and lame attacks.
So much blah blah.... the coupons should open a fortune wheel like the recommendation scrolls, with caution and fore chop being 60% of it... : P
Got 4stacks on sprint, 9 levels to go. lets see what happens...

I feel my motivation for breeding slowly fading | :

So let me order everything in my head if i understood correctly :

1) Use change skill coupon

-> Get rekt with a shit skill, aka not the one you wanted

-> Get a HOPE STACK

2) Repeat till you get the skill OR the desirated number of HOPE STACK

3) Get one more level on your horse to see the result ?

But what if you horse learn the actual skill ? Will it reset the hope stack ? I doubt anyone did it this way to answer but, this is quite a lie from Daum if the hope stack given by the failure of the coupon do not work for the next coupon.

1 person likes this

Posted

But what if you horse learn the actual skill ? Will it reset the hope stack ? I doubt anyone did it this way to answer but, this is quite a lie from Daum if the hope stack given by the failure of the coupon do not work for the next coupon.

Pretty sure the hope stacks go away if your horse actually learns the skill to which they apply; I don't know the answer for certain, no, but it would make sense from their end - letting you keep the stacks would be much too generous. And yeah, it's not an outright lie maybe but the wording is definitely misleading; at the very least they are deliberately withholding important information - on an item that you're paying cash for, no less - which smacks of very shady practices, to say the least.

Posted (edited)

I can´t get over what a shitty mechanic this is... And with Valencia we´ll get another item that might has the chance to give you a skill. Mh yeah sure, let´s see how this works out.
-,-

Edited by RainbowRat

Posted (edited)

That's so unclear tbh, the day Daum or Pearl Abyss will give decent infos, it will rain dolla in the street.

But i guess it works for both in this case, more chance on next coupon and more chance on next level up ?

nope just the level up

here is the GM quote again

"The outcome of horse skill resets is completely random and isn't influenced by hope which only influences skills learned on leveling up the horse"

So let me order everything in my head if i understood correctly :

1) Use change skill coupon

-> Get rekt with a shit skill, aka not the one you wanted

-> Get a HOPE STACK

2) Repeat till you get the skill OR the desirated number of HOPE STACK

3) Get one more level on your horse to see the result ?

i agree shady practice

and i agree it is FALSE ADVERTISING, 

the cash shop skill change coupon says "learn a new one"

but some are reporting that you can instantly get back the same one you just dropped

methinks this will not go away if that is true

i think the other thread had reports of immediately getting back same skill, like dropped caution and the skill change coupon gave them caution

anyone experience this?

Edited by coach

Posted

My female T7 learned Two Seater today. [:

xlXwjnv.png

4 people like this

Posted

So I am planning to breed my first set of horses tomorrow (assuming leveling goes well today and tonight). I currently have  2 T6 Horses that should both be lvl 30 by tomorrow night. From what I have read in these threads a lot of people don't go all the way to lvl 30 before they breed but I am really trying to optimize my chances of getting a T7. Afaik breeding 2 lvl 30 T6's is the best "chance" to get a T7 (without having a T7 to use). Am I correct in this? Do you have a better method to get a T7 (not buying one)

Posted (edited)

nope just the level up

here is the GM quote again

"The outcome of horse skill resets is completely random and isn't influenced by hope which only influences skills learned on leveling up the horse"

i agree shady practice

and i agree it is FALSE ADVERTISING, 

the cash shop skill change coupon says "learn a new one"

but some are reporting that you can instantly get back the same one you just dropped

methinks this will not go away if that is true

i think the other thread had reports of immediately getting back same skill, like dropped caution and the skill change coupon gave them caution

anyone experience this?

"new one" is at least evidence we´re talking about a freshly learnt skill while lvling the horse. Because yeah, using several skill change coupons will only end up giving you the same all over. It really isn´t random. Pretty sure better skills have less % being rolled. Why calling it "skill change" then in the first place anyway? Really bad localisation going on here.

Edited by RainbowRat

Posted (edited)

Yes - at level up, according to the GM (once again), and not when using the coupon. If you're saying otherwise, I'd like to ask how you know that. I mean, the chance % isn't listed anywhere, with hope stacks or without, so how do you know that your chance goes up as the hope stacks count goes up?

It has nothing to do with leveling up. You change the horses skills while they are stabled. If you get the skill you hoped for, the Hope stacks disappear. Just like with enchanting your equipment, on success, your fail stacks disappear. You can go through 1 horse skill change coupon or if unlucky go through using up to 10+.

I know because the game literally tells you but poorly translated. I quote from in-game "As total number that hope skills can be changed increases, the chance of learning a relevant skill increases". What I believe it should say is "As total number of skills you hoped for increases, the chance of learning a relevant skill increases". Again it's poorly translated in-game but with my experience on using many many Horse Skill Change coupons, I can 100% confirm that this is how it works.

I believe the GM in question was confused with the tooltip of the Horse Skill Deletion Coupon, which is a different item altogether. That one reads: "A skill that has been deleted can be learned again by leveling up or a Horse Appearance Change coupon"

The GM is wrong if he was referring to the Horse Skill Change coupon which does not function like that at all.

Edited by Amethus

Posted

"new one" is at least evidence we´re talking about a freshly learnt skill while lvling the horse. Because yeah, using several skill change coupons will only end up giving you the same all over. It really isn´t random. Pretty sure better skills have less % being rolled. Why calling it "skill change" then in the first place anyway? Really bad localisation going on here.

I'm pretty sure it isn't a localisation error :>

By the way, I used two coupons in my favourite T6A horse. She is lvl 29 and only 3 skills open (IA, Sidesteps and caution).

Cause of horse battles I changed straight jump and was hoping for IA. Got IA on 1st try. Lucky me! Well, I just tried to get Sidesteps, too. Changed high jump, received straight jump.

It wans't that bad. Now, I have a hope stack of at least 1 and a half level to go. 

Posted (edited)

I'm pretty sure it isn't a localisation error :>

By the way, I used two coupons in my favourite T6A horse. She is lvl 29 and only 3 skills open (IA, Sidesteps and caution).

Cause of horse battles I changed straight jump and was hoping for IA. Got IA on 1st try. Lucky me! Well, I just tried to get Sidesteps, too. Changed high jump, received straight jump.

It wans't that bad. Now, I have a hope stack of at least 1 and a half level to go. 

Well if the GM was wrong now... then... eh... ah sheesh whatever xD Since I have stacks on Sprint but the horse doesn´t learn any new skill at all, it´s probably the best to treat is as a simple swap. Just like before. I got lucky once, too, and swapped something for Sprint. However, I really can´t stand the word "lucky" anymore xD

Edited by RainbowRat

Posted

t6(T) Male + t5L female = t6(P) male.

Will merge the parents when the breeding is done >_<

Posted

It has nothing to do with leveling up. You change the horses skills while they are stabled. If you get the skill you hoped for, the Hope stacks disappear. Just like with enchanting your equipment, on success, your fail stacks disappear. You can go through 1 horse skill change coupon or if unlucky go through using up to 10+.

I know because the game literally tells you but poorly translated. I quote from in-game "As total number that hope skills can be changed increases, the chance of learning a relevant skill increases". What I believe it should say is "As total number of skills you hoped for increases, the chance of learning a relevant skill increases". Again it's poorly translated in-game but with my experience on using many many Horse Skill Change coupons, I can 100% confirm that this is how it works.

I believe the GM in question was confused with the tooltip of the Horse Skill Deletion Coupon, which is a different item altogether. That one reads: "A skill that has been deleted can be learned again by leveling up or a Horse Appearance Change coupon"

The GM is wrong if he was referring to the Horse Skill Change coupon which does not function like that at all.

he certainly wasn't confused because he answered a very angry and very detailed post

just because it doesn't make sense doesn't mean it isn't how it is

notice it says "learning" a skill

you "learn" a skill on level up not change

but i have posted numerous times on this subject so everyone can believe whatever makes em feel better

now i do have another question, when you use a skill deletion coupon, does it completely erase the skill from the list your horse can learn (i.e. DELETE) the skill or does it just simply unlearn it, to be learned later

i see in your quote above what it says but i wanted to know if that was intended actually is how it functions

has anyone gotten back a skill that was deleted?

also has anyone gotten the same exact skill instantaneously that they dropped with skill change coupon (i know you can get them back later, i am asking have you gotten it back immediately)?

Posted

he certainly wasn't confused because he answered a very angry and very detailed post

just because it doesn't make sense doesn't mean it isn't how it is

notice it says "learning" a skill

you "learn" a skill on level up not change

but i have posted numerous times on this subject so everyone can believe whatever makes em feel better

now i do have another question, when you use a skill deletion coupon, does it completely erase the skill from the list your horse can learn (i.e. DELETE) the skill or does it just simply unlearn it, to be learned later

i see in your quote above what it says but i wanted to know if that was intended actually is how it functions

also has anyone gotten the same exact skill instantaneously that they dropped with skill change coupon (i know you can get them back later, i am asking have you gotten it back immediately)?

*Sigh*

That tooltip in-game only shows up when you use a Horse Skill Change Coupon. Again, that has nothing to do with leveling up your horse. I'm not gonna argue with people on this thread. I know how it works because I've used plenty of Horse Skill Change coupons. I won't try helping people any more with my knowledge if all that's gonna happen is I get shot down.

Enjoy the game. I'm finished with this conversation now. Bye.

Posted

So I am planning to breed my first set of horses tomorrow (assuming leveling goes well today and tonight). I currently have  2 T6 Horses that should both be lvl 30 by tomorrow night. From what I have read in these threads a lot of people don't go all the way to lvl 30 before they breed but I am really trying to optimize my chances of getting a T7. Afaik breeding 2 lvl 30 T6's is the best "chance" to get a T7 (without having a T7 to use). Am I correct in this? Do you have a better method to get a T7 (not buying one)

According to the calculator, to break the 750 threshold, you need only to level to 28 and 27. Or 55 combined level. So whatever combo you decide, I always level my males to the higher needed number or above so I only have to level females to a lower level. But that is my own preference since of course a male gets two breeds and you need two females.

http://www.blackd.de/horse/ -Calculator that even though rng is fickle, has seemed to be proven accurate.

1 person likes this

Posted

*Sigh*

That tooltip in-game only shows up when you use a Horse Skill Change Coupon. Again, that has nothing to do with leveling up your horse. I'm not gonna argue with people on this thread. I know how it works because I've used plenty of Horse Skill Change coupons. I won't try helping people any more with my knowledge if all that's gonna happen is I get shot down.

Enjoy the game. I'm finished with this conversation now. Bye.

I have used them plenty of times too and I can't confirm or deny how they work because it has too much rng in it, maybe the hope stack gave me more chance while changing the skill with the coupon, maybe not, how can I know where there is people that have reached 40+ stacks in one skill with no luck and others got it in they first try? 

We have failstacks for enchanting which we know (and not for sure, there's a lot of misinformation and confusion) how they affect the chances since there is an enormous pool of data to back it but we have nothing like that for horse coupons so we either believe what that gm/cm (can't remember) said or follow our heart xD  or maybe try to get a clarification from them.

Either way it's just a discussion to try to understand how things work since in this game that's the work of the players (although with this particular item it shouldn't) so it's nothing personal, don't take it the wrong way, we are all here trying to make it better for us all.

It just unlearns it, it can be learned again.

I think someone said they got the same skill when using the coupon like that but I can't really provide more info about it 

Posted

According to the calculator, to break the 750 threshold, you need only to level to 28 and 27. Or 55 combined level. So whatever combo you decide, I always level my males to the higher needed number or above so I only have to level females to a lower level. But that is my own preference since of course a male gets two breeds and you need two females.

http://www.blackd.de/horse/ -Calculator that even though rng is fickle, has seemed to be proven accurate.

I use that same tool and since I usually breed 1 male to 2 females I level the male to 30 and the females to 25.

Got my first lvl 7 after 3 such attempts. The calcluator says that getting a lvl 7 should be 31.51% probable. Seems pretty close. 

Probabilities of different outcomes with T6 (30) and T6(25):

Lower Level FSame Level MSame Level FHigher Level MHigher Level F2 Higher M2 Higher FT7%
23.97%20.55%23.97%20.55%10.96%  31.51%
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Since we're on the topic of horse skills, this is my personal gripe with them... I've even submitted a ticket on this matter to make sure I understood fully (see below).

6182bfcfb1bd8e56b4ede955f0e17c59.png

So I've been breeding pretty much since day one and I've come to realize that unless you are stupidly lucky, i.e 16 skills on one horse without a coupon, you can get a bad horse no matter how high the tier of it is. This makes no sense and this should be changed. Why? Because let's say person A has a tier 5 horse. This tier 5 learns 14 skills by level 30 (IA, Drift, Sprint, Sideways Move, etc). Person B has a tier 7 horse, but it only learns 10 skills. No particularly good ones, just the usual. So essentially a T5 can be better than a T7 even though a T7 is much more rare and takes a lot more headache to achieve than a T5 that people get easily from breeding some lower tiers or from a failed breeding.

There needs to be a balance put into place for horse skills based on tiers, otherwise they don't make a whole lot of sense except to maybe give a breeder some bragging rights, numerically anyway. Maybe set it up so that horses of each tier are guaranteed a certain amount of skills. Or maybe make it so that Tier 7s get at least 2 special skills or something. Skill change coupons should not be something we rely on to get awesome skills while other people... "lucky" people have 16 just because they're "lucky" no matter what tier it is. The system is very broken and it needs fixing ASAP.

Edited by Greenleaf
3 people like this

Posted

breed results, and defo not liking the T5's

14.06.16.thumb.JPG.1dadb29ec9c8d4815d17d

Posted

Since we're on the topic of horse skills, this is my personal gripe with them... I've even submitted a ticket on this matter to make sure I understood fully. So I've been breeding pretty much since day one and I've come to realize that unless you are stupidly lucky, i.e 16 skills on one horse without a coupon, you can get a bad horse no matter how high the tier of it is. This makes no sense and this should be changed. Why? Because let's say person A has a tier 5 horse. This tier 5 learns 14 skills by level 30 (IA, Drift, Sprint, Sideways Move, etc). Person B has a tier 7 horse, but it only learns 10 skills. No particularly good ones, just the usual. So essentially a T5 can be better than a T7 even though a T7 is much more rare and takes a lot more headache to achieve than a T5 that people get easily from breeding some lower tiers or from a failed breeding.

There needs to be a balance put into place for horse skills based on tiers, otherwise they don't make a whole lot of sense except to maybe give a breeder some bragging rights, numerically anyway. Maybe set it up so that horses of each tier are guaranteed a certain amount of skills. Or maybe make it so that Tier 7s get at least 2 special skills or something. Skill change coupons should not be something we rely on to get awesome skills while other people "lucky" people have 16 just because they're "lucky" no matter what tier it is. The system is very broken and it needs fixing ASAP.

My T7 is exactly that at the moment! Lvl 29 T7J (female) she knows 10 skills apart from, roar, drift, IA, sprint, two seater and sideways move -.-

I am trying for another T7 where hopefully they learn better skills xD

3 people like this

Posted

Yeah I saw that 750 and was wondering if I am wasting time by getting both to lvl 30. I guess I was hoping someone would say it helps, but then again its all RNG and hard to prove. Since this is my first real run at a T7, I am going to finish leveling them to 30 before I try. I forgot tonight is Maintenance night SO I may have to wait until Thursday before I try them out. I will definitely post my results. Thanks for those who replied to my question.

Posted

Since we're on the topic of horse skills, this is my personal gripe with them... I've even submitted a ticket on this matter to make sure I understood fully. So I've been breeding pretty much since day one and I've come to realize that unless you are stupidly lucky, i.e 16 skills on one horse without a coupon, you can get a bad horse no matter how high the tier of it is. This makes no sense and this should be changed. Why? Because let's say person A has a tier 5 horse. This tier 5 learns 14 skills by level 30 (IA, Drift, Sprint, Sideways Move, etc). Person B has a tier 7 horse, but it only learns 10 skills. No particularly good ones, just the usual. So essentially a T5 can be better than a T7 even though a T7 is much more rare and takes a lot more headache to achieve than a T5 that people get easily from breeding some lower tiers or from a failed breeding.

There needs to be a balance put into place for horse skills based on tiers, otherwise they don't make a whole lot of sense except to maybe give a breeder some bragging rights, numerically anyway. Maybe set it up so that horses of each tier are guaranteed a certain amount of skills. Or maybe make it so that Tier 7s get at least 2 special skills or something. Skill change coupons should not be something we rely on to get awesome skills while other people... "lucky" people have 16 just because they're "lucky" no matter what tier it is. The system is very broken and it needs fixing ASAP.

Please please please open a new thread and link Jouska to it. Lets raise some awareness. If nothing is going to change we tried at least : / Or I´ll open one and quote you, whatever xD

My T7 is exactly that at the moment! Lvl 29 T7J (female) she knows 10 skills apart from, roar, drift, IA, sprint, two seater and sideways move -.-

My pure black is taking the same route.. put him in stable now and left him there... though if each horse has a "luck" rate that obviously won´t change much... I don´t dare lvling it anymore :C I was so happy when I got him.............

Posted

Another result..... *sighs

fvudwzcuj92.jpg T6 LVL 28 Male +  wonztnbux19.jpg T6 LVL 28 Female =  qmftorwwf40.jpg T5 Female  zxforuktt99.jpg T6 Female

islzdxksy31.jpgT6 LVL 28 Male + zedkmhgkm79.jpgT6 LVL 28 Female = eqtrttbom32.jpg T5 Female niynjvrfx67.jpg T6 Male

Bah...

Posted

I am trying for another T7 where hopefully they learn better skills xD

Yeah that sounds like 95% of my horses lol, good luck to you though! I am leveling my 4th T7 right now and he was very smart in the beginning. He pretty much was learning a skill every level until he hit level 6. Five levels of not learning skills later, he decided to learn Sprint, which I am pleased with, but in all of my breedings I have only had two horses that ever learned IA (one of them being a T4 lol) and only one horse, T6, that learned sideways move (and thats the only good skill she has). My horses never seem to go past 10 - 11 skills and the 5 they don't learn are always the special ones. Keep in mind I've had at least 10 T6s that did this. One of my T7s who is level 10 right now only knows 3 skills, so I'm afraid she will be a potato too. My pure red T7 is level 29 with 11 skills. The only good skill she knows is Drift and that's worthless unless I want to look fancy going around corners... Hopefully they re-examine this.

2 people like this

Posted

Yeah. Changed the skill a few exp before it hit next lvl, 3minutes later, bam, Fore Chop again. It made me wonder if I should swap all the current skills into crap skills and hope it learns them all over again....

Posted (edited)

Yeah that sounds like 95% of my horses lol, good luck to you though! I am leveling my 4th T7 right now and he was very smart in the beginning. He pretty much was learning a skill every level until he hit level 6. Five levels of not learning skills later, he decided to learn Sprint, which I am pleased with, but in all of my breedings I have only had two horses that ever learned IA (one of them being a T4 lol) and only one horse, T6, that learned sideways move (and thats the only good skill she has). My horses never seem to go past 10 - 11 skills and the 5 they don't learn are always the special ones. Keep in mind I've had at least 10 T6s that did this. One of my T7s who is level 10 right now only knows 3 skills, so I'm afraid she will be a potato too. My pure red T7 is level 29 with 11 skills. The only good skill she knows is Drift and that's worthless unless I want to look fancy going around corners... Hopefully they re-examine this.

All my T6s i bred/exchanged in hopes of a T7 my best T6 had sprint, drift and IA and a lot of them atleast had drift or a speed skill. Now theyre all gone D:

That was just me trying to get  a T7, my next breeding I have my first ever chance at a T7 purbred the red one ^^

Edited by Aastrid
1 person likes this