• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Horse Breeding / Findings MegaThread

27,967 posts in this topic

Posted

Has anyone else witnessed server hiccups while auto'ing? It quickly relogs into loading screen(not unlike switching channels) and I end up standing around and my wagon 200m ahead of me.  Happened to me twice inside Heidel and once around rumbling lands, luckily I wasn't afk, as it left my wagon getting rekted by bandits cuz I was carrying trade goods:o

1 person likes this

Posted

Has anyone else witnessed server hiccups while auto'ing? It quickly relogs into loading screen(not unlike switching channels) and I end up standing around and my wagon 200m ahead of me.  Happened to me twice inside Heidel and once around rumbling lands, luckily I wasn't afk, as it left my wagon getting rekted by bandits cuz I was carrying trade goods:o

Yeah, this happened 1x to me today, actually. I was just outside Western Guardpost and it happened. I wondered what was up, since I was back in a second later without any interaction from me at all, but I was off my wagon at that point.

@Riverbloom

@Hawke

I'm not sure that this is caused by griefers because of the fact that my character is running in the opposite direction of the original autolooping path and not towards the remaining point. Also, if I had been killed, wouldn't the autopathing stop completely?

I'm not sure how to access the journal to check if I died, where is it? Does the data get erased when you log off or does it log everything?

Even if your journal is glitching, as long as you don't log out, you can always open another tabbed chat window and make it only hold system (deaths) info.

1 person likes this

Posted

Dad T6 lvl 26 LS4za5p.png  + Mom T6 lvl 19 z6bU2mV.png = Foal #2 dbdOOSp.png Male

Exchange = 8CtSo3I.png Female

Posted (edited)

Things I dont like about the horses in this game: Looks like they went for realism in this game only reason I say this.

1. Horses in the wild should not be wearing halters and sure shouldnt have braided manes and tails.

2. Horses know how to swim why is it just sitting there drowning?

3. You taught your horse hind kick, charge etc etc yet if a mob hits it, it sits there and keeps munching on grass then falls over dead.

4. Horses with a high gloss car paint job ummm haha

5. Why is the horse going halfway under the ground on the cart, oh dont forget the flying in the air ones connected to the wagon.

ok rant over :)

Edited by Tabri
9 people like this

Posted (edited)

I'd love if someone could experiment with this-I think the sell to stable NPC prices for horses have been pretty nerfed.  I'm still having trouble taming using the previous counts of t1: 36-38 seconds and t2: 31-34 seconds.  If anyone happens to be out taming today, could you let me know what you think?  I'm completely willing to accept a latency issue or something on my part, I'm just getting frustrated :S

Thank you so much!  I was posting as you were so I didn't see your reply.  I'll go make some sugar and see if I have luck with your method. :)

I also noticed a change this patch on horse taming timer.

As artisan 3 my new 90%+ 1st time success method is:

Mount attempt at 42.5s from rope connect, with 1 sugar (ideally ~ 8 seconds before mount time to give you a couple seconds pause from when sugar ends to attempt).

This is with "Trainer's Clothes" and making sure to stow away weapon before using rope (to avoid having it out after sugar use).

Any shorter time than this and I got too many fails, but there seems to be a lot of high success margin beyond this time. Even up to the low 50's.

As a side note, I've never looked at horse emote and I think my sugar timing is probably a superstition :)

Edited by Zer
1 person likes this

Posted

Right now I think I have horse shoes up my butt. The other day I got a T7G , first breed after being away for 3 wks and have been leveling it up, not done any breeding since.  I got a female level 25 T5F yesterday from the market with my capture money with one breed left, no reset - it was cheap as the 9 skills weren't elite. Then I moved it today to Keplan as I needed room in Calp and checked the horse market when stabling.  Someone had a level 30 T5F male up for breeding for 212,000 so i just pressed Apply.

Another T7!!  

JQvipJ3.png plus JQvipJ3.png=  T7J  sCSjdho.pngmale with FC

Male level 30, T5                        Female lvl 25

It honestly makes me wonder if they have changed it so your training level actually helps out in breeding? I am Art 2, any others notice anything? I hesitated to even post this because I know how so many are struggling just to get one , but if they have changed it so your training level helps, that would be so awesome. Shocked that the pinkies produced this!

Posted (edited)

As I said in a post a few days ago, I've stored the wagons full of horses and been leveling solo while taming. I've been taming by 1 rope, 1 sugar then waiting for submissive emote. If a horse doesn't seem to want to submit, they will get another sugar. At Artisan 1, I am still getting kicked in the face on occasion. I think there is a roll when you go to climb on, and sometimes you fail, no matter how high your training skill or how much sugar, or what emote the horse does. It doesn't bother me too much though because I succeed at least 90% of the time and it throws just enough annoyance in there to keep things interesting. :)

Right now I think I have horse shoes up my butt. The other day I got a T7G , first breed after being away for 3 wks and have been leveling it up, not done any breeding since.  I got a female level 25 T5F yesterday from the market with my capture money with one breed left, no reset - it was cheap as the 9 skills weren't elite. Then I moved it today to Keplan as I needed room in Calp and checked the horse market when stabling.  Someone had a level 30 T5F male up for breeding for 212,000 so i just pressed Apply.

Another T7!!  

JQvipJ3.png plus JQvipJ3.png=  T7J  sCSjdho.pngmale with FC

Male level 30, T5                        Female lvl 25

It honestly makes me wonder if they have changed it so your training level actually helps out in breeding? I am Art 2, any others notice anything? I hesitated to even post this because I know how so many are struggling just to get one , but if they have changed it so your training level helps, that would be so awesome. Shocked that the pinkies produced this!

I wish you were right. My luck has been so bad for the last three weeks, I'm afraid to go receive the foal waiting for me right now. I bred my two T6 level 30 race horses, and I'm afraid I'll get a T5F or G, and then I will cry. Artisan 1. 

Edit: Nope, T5A...just ugh... so discouraged. This is the first time I've been so upset about an outcome, and I knew if it went bad I would be. The best horses in my stables, the only time I've ever bred at this high of a threshold (775 grade), I'm an Artisan trainer, and I get the slowest F...ing T5 there is. Meh. 

Edited by Askavi

Posted

I just got another T7.  Had a level 24  female T6K in the stable and when I went to recover the current mount I am leveling, there was a T7G in the breeding market.  It was 6 million stud fee tho which made me hesitate but since I have been lucky with capture money, I went for it.  Got a female T7H but unfortunately her first skill is Caution. UGH.  I seriously do not believe this.  That is two today.  What was in that patch?

YAmBFBt.png and  breeding market: jB2lpjw.png =  T7H female PcMCPfY.png

1 person likes this

Posted

As I said in a post a few days ago, I've stored the wagons full of horses and been leveling solo while taming. I've been taming by 1 rope, 1 sugar then waiting for submissive emote. If a horse doesn't seem to want to submit, they will get another sugar. At Artisan 1, I am still getting kicked in the face on occasion. I think there is a roll when you go to climb on, and sometimes you fail, no matter how high your training skill or how much sugar, or what emote the horse does. It doesn't bother me too much though because I succeed at least 90% of the time and it throws just enough annoyance in there to keep things interesting. :)

I wish you were right. My luck has been so bad for the last three weeks, I'm afraid to go receive the foal waiting for me right now. I bred my two T6 level 30 race horses, and I'm afraid I'll get a T5F or G, and then I will cry. Artisan 1. 

Edit: Nope, T5A...just ugh... so discouraged. This is the first time I've been so upset about an outcome, and I knew if it went bad I would be. The best horses in my stables, the only time I've ever bred at this high of a threshold (775 grade), I'm an Artisan trainer, and I get the slowest F...ing T5 there is. Meh. 

I feel your pain. I'm totally discouraged too. I took advice here and started breeding at lower level (22 to 25) and actually been getting more T6's instead of T5s. But they are all males. And no T7s. Everytime I breed high level T6s or T6 plus T5 at higher level, i get mostly T5s again.  Not reseting breedings anymore either.

Posted

bffd7d93d1826a796529d0359681704d.jpg?refBjorn lvl26 T5 male + 502d649a1c2b0b724305bf026ae094d4.jpg?refMooo lvl 25 T6 Female

== 8b4665ff9fdca874358358f88c60b6e9.jpg?ref Bruno T7D Male

reset 36612b45d30dd9cd8f9dac32f0c58706.jpg?refDarkLight T5M Female

Exchange be9f3e9b1413a56bcfc9736399787bc2.jpg?refGuess T6I Male

First time seeing a T7D skin in detail, and i really like it! (though I really wanted the T7J or T7I)

lR51x7O.png

1 person likes this

Posted

bffd7d93d1826a796529d0359681704d.jpg?refBjorn lvl26 T5 male + 502d649a1c2b0b724305bf026ae094d4.jpg?refMooo lvl 25 T6 Female

== 8b4665ff9fdca874358358f88c60b6e9.jpg?ref Bruno T7D Male

reset 36612b45d30dd9cd8f9dac32f0c58706.jpg?refDarkLight T5M Female

Exchange be9f3e9b1413a56bcfc9736399787bc2.jpg?refGuess T6I Male

First time seeing a T7D skin in detail, and i really like it! (though I really wanted the T7J or T7I)

lR51x7O.png

If you are on Croxus I'll gladly trade you one of my J's for that one. :D

1 person likes this

Posted

My latest breeding results

bdFh1MQ.jpg

I'm pretty happy with the T7 female, I didn't think I'd get lucky enough to get one as I breed at a low threshold.

Also some of these breeds are my first T6 x T6 as I was finally out of T5's. I was so afraid I would get nothing but T5's back so I'm pretty relieved with these results.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Hi all,

I had some very bad luck lately or maybe this is intended.

So I wanna ask you if you experienced the same.

I have a T6 and a T7 at my wagon now.

The T7 had 11 skills at lvl 18 and the T6 has 11 skillls at 21.

Frankly most of the good skills were missing.

So I threw some pearls at them and have now 6 "hope" for sprint at the T7 and unlearned caution for instant acceleration.

Now my T7 is lvl 27 and hasn't learned any skills at all.

I had to similar T6 before where I had 11 or even 12 skills around 20 and leveled them up to 30 without getting one single skill.

It feels like there is no reward in leveling these last 10 levels and all of you know how much time it takes to do that.

So should I throw my last pearls at my only T7, which I got after over 50 breed attempts, now or wait until lvl 30?

Thanks for your help.

Edited by Mr.Drown

Posted

Well finaly have some results, so out of 7 "breedings" one T7, thankfuly just one T5 too :')
Seem I mostly get T6 from T5+T5, mixed from T6+T5 and mostly demn T5s from T6+T6 x))
f9e0daca15323f3b9ecd7e027008500f.jpg?refT5M/LvL30 + 2x ea8c2453c2c14970ddef37db15388a7c.jpg?refT5F/LvL28 =a9da647080b85669a9da67efa96c5302.jpg?refT6F + d67686727fcd3cfacc393d11dfeba4bd.jpg?refT7F
ea8c2453c2c14970ddef37db15388a7c.jpg?refT5M/LvL30 + 2xf9e0daca15323f3b9ecd7e027008500f.jpg?refT5F/LvL28 = be9f3e9b1413a56bcfc9736399787bc2.jpg?refT6M + 51f50da588b19e765c9bd289cc66fbc0.jpg?refT5F
036af22aa077f24433a3e09dfa01a6fa.jpg?refT5M/LvL30 + 2x 036af22aa077f24433a3e09dfa01a6fa.jpg?refT5F/LvL28 = 2115eeda915c7f8027d04693df621bea.jpg?refT6F + 1d98e5b9ea24f96579556f2969b492eb.jpg?refT6M +37a69f18105648c89a7785ace1221e9b.jpg?refT6M(exchange)

Posted (edited)

I've been getting males all around lately, so when my last attempts first gave me 2 more t6 males, I named the exchange "Hateyou". And it gave me a T7. So now I have a pretty decent T7 named "Hateyou".

Breed 9.jpg

So should I throw my last pearls at my only T7, which I got after over 50 breed attempts, now or wait until lvl 30?

I think the best way is to get the horse to 30, then reset skills hoping for the ones you want. Say if you get 12 skills, and reset one, you have a pretty decent chance of getting one of the ones you want. Not sure the hope stacks are too useful.

Edited by Beornin
2 people like this

Posted

Hi all,

So I threw some pearls at them and have now 6 "hope" for sprint at the T7 and unlearned caution for instant acceleration.

I had to similar T6 before where I had 11 or even 12 skills around 20 and leveled them up to 30 without getting one single skill.

It feels like there is no reward in leveling these last 10 levels and all of you know how much time it takes to do that.

Thanks for your help.

Horses learn skills in all kinds of weird, unpredictable ways. I recently had 2 different T6s learn 12 skills by 24/25, then learn nothing all the way to 30. I've found out that sometimes horses that seem smart to start off with, aren't really, and some dumbos are really just late bloomers. There's nothing you're doing wrong, but skill change coupons are a gamble, so use them at your own risk.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

breeding results:

oOC6Pmg.pngT5 lvl 20 bought off market + PLTahbx.pngT5 female lvl 22 leftover Exchanged = CiVmLIz.pngT5 female

OPxokAE.pngT6 lvl 30 + Do05Pfw.pngT5 lvl 22 Bred = LS4za5p.pngT6 female

OPxokAE.pngT6 lvl 30 + iP8SvQq.pngT6 lvl 25 Bred = 5GU0dvj.pngT6 male

OPxokAE.pngT6 lvl 30 + iP8SvQq.pngT6 lvl 25 Exchange = OPxokAE.pngT6 female

Mostly happy with these but I've decided to save the rest of my T5/T6 females to breed with the best T7 males and T6 males I can get.  (So far I have 4 T7 males)

Now mopping up my T4 stables with a wagon of dtzUZ0Z.pngmales nearly done and two wagons of random T4s females. Whatever I get from those breedings will furnish my next round, I;ve only bought the odd cheap T5 or T6 male off the market to exchange with the extra females. I want to make my stables smaller and although I'm still into horses and breeding, the grind is getting to me now a bit.

Edited by Meep13

Posted (edited)

Hi all,

Thanks for your help.

Same question here.

I also got 3 T7 this week.

1: T7E  is already Lv 28 and got 9 crappy skill ( this 1 is hopeless :D)

2: T7D he's  lev 22 and got 11 skills ( quickstop, sprint, sideway, charge, two seater is missing

3: T7D she's lev  9 with 7 skills ( high hope for this one )

I wonder if I should use skill  change coupon   on the 2nd  horse  ?

My idea is to exchange crappy skills  for  some premium skills and hope he'll  learn some new to increase his skill number ( crappy skills are easier to learn, just guessing).

Any1 did use the coupon before the horse lev 30 ?

My horse is already 22 and I doubt he'll learn 3-4 new premium skills in the last 8 lev.

Edited by Mijikay

Posted

Same question here.

I also got 3 T7 this week.

1: T7E  is already Lv 28 and got 9 crappy skill ( this 1 is hopeless :D)

2: T7D he's  lev 22 and got 11 skills ( quickstop, sprint, sideway, charge, two seater is missing

3: T7D she's lev  9 with 7 skills ( high hope for this one )

I wonder if I should use skill  change coupon   on the 2nd  horse  ?

My idea is to exchange crappy skills  for  some premium skills and hope he'll  learn some new to increase his skill number ( crappy skills are easier to learn, just guessing).

Any1 did use the coupon before the horse lev 30 ?

My horse is already 22 and I doubt he'll learn 3-4 new premium skills in the last 8 lev.

I reset caution for IA at level 18 at my Tier7 getting 4 hope on sprint while exchanging.

Frankly no more skills until 27 even though caution was back in the pool.

Posted (edited)

I reset caution for IA at level 18 at my Tier7 getting 4 hope on sprint while exchanging.

Frankly no more skills until 27 even though caution was back in the pool.

so you end up with only 11  skills  on your T7 ? 

Edit: Just bought 1 coupon ( can't use the free 1 because of the awakening-item lock)

exchanged caution --> sprint

I hope he'll end up with 13+ skills so I can have sideway + charge later.
I don't care about two seater

Edited by Mijikay

Posted

so you end up with only  skills  on your T7 ? 

Edit: Just bought 1 coupon ( can't use the free 1 because of the awakening-item lock)

exchanged caution --> sprint

I hope he'll end up with 13+ skills so I can have sideway + charge later.
I don't care about two seater

Just turned lvl 28, no skill learned.

So yes, 11 skills so far since lvl 18 :(

Posted (edited)

Re: skill change coupons

What Askavi said above.

They are a risky gamble,  you can get caught up in a circle of Caution-Hind Kick ie) hoping for sprint, then Hindkick Caution numerous times in a row.  I personally do not think the hope stacks mean much at all.  I think you have to make up your own mind how important the skill you want is to you and if you can afford throwing money at it.  Is this going to be your only T7? Is this the horse you want for combat so you need certain skills?

Take a look at Jinxed It's T7 stats thread for general stats and skill numbers. http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/84734-your-t7-lvl-30-stats/  She has been doing a spreadsheet of T7s that people are posting there - altho it seems to me that many people just do not bother posting their T7 duds, and there definitely are T7 duds. I encourage anyone here who has a T7 to post there, just for the data.

I used about ten skill coupons months  ago, on my T7 red because I wanted that horse for combat, was painful and I refuse to do that again. My latest T7 learned 12 skills, last one was at level 30 but still doesn't have Instant Accel.  If you are going to be breeding a horse for T8s later, does it really matter what skills they have? You will get more T7s, maybe it is better to just wait for that smart one?

I also took a look at the market horses and you start seeing some patterns there in skill sets.  If you do choose more skill coupons, best of luck with your change!

Edited by Ramblinrose

Posted (edited)

Fresh off the presses. I'm very happy with the results (altho wouldn't mind if the first mare wasn't a Hell charger :') Heard people having problems with stables full of red clown horses).
F(lvl27)121..thumb.png.dc9cb74d46d89dc9fb6619f3a + M(lvl27) 222.thumb.png.faabff29ee89aff91b18d29d92

Breed: Female 205.thumb.png.e696ee6f1edb4e7ce2f6b5af1a Exchange: Female 033..thumb.png.63fee702739b5b4be0454a405

Edited by Genova
1 person likes this

Posted

If you are on Croxus I'll gladly trade you one of my J's for that one. :D

I'm on Uno, but appreciate the thought.^_^

1 person likes this

Posted

Getting so frustrated with my breeding results.  I've now built up several pairs of T6's for breeding and bred them with just horrible results.  The most upsetting was however was my most recent.  I bred a lvl 28 T6 P (5R 0W 2B) with a lvl 30 T6 G (3R 3W 0B) and received a T6 L (0R 3W 3B).  I mean that seems a bit insulting to have a color count of 8R 3W 2B and end up with a horse with 0 red!  Every attempt so far for a pure bred or any T7 through breeding or exchanging has just giving me the most ridiculous outcomes.  Took a break from the gear RNG only to be smacked with the horse RNG *sigh*.  Sorry for the rant, just needed to blow off some steam. Good luck everyone and have fun :)