• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Horse Breeding / Findings MegaThread

27,967 posts in this topic

Posted

Oh yeah, you can absolutely relearn the same skill again next level after you delete it. But not always. I've used a couple on my T7. Right now he has 12 skills and all of the good ones except for Sideways Move. He's 28 so I'm still trying for it. If your horse skills up early, it's a good way to trade out bad skills for good without spending real cash. But yeah, I've deleted caution, gotten fore chop. Deleted fore chop, got caution.. before. LOL

If I understood well, if you delete a skill, the horse will surely learn another one (or the same) the next time it levels? That's interesting, I didn't think of it that way. Might try it, my T6 I have hopes of for being a battle horse (as I just can't damn get T7, I'm slow leveling breeding stock, and I had terrible luck with previous horses and their skills) has caution (but has since learned 2 good skills, instant accel and drift so not a lost cause yet). I can try delete the caution and see what happens, he's close to 17.

Posted

delete skill coupon is simply to get rid of a skill that bothers you, (Caution or Start Accel come to mind)

has absolutely zero affect on skill learning on the next or any other level

only use them at level 30

Posted (edited)

Latest breeding results are in. Not really anything to show off, back to T5 females, been a good while since I saw them in this magnitude. ^^

And the second couple was put out on the market due to good skills, not waiting til tomorrow with the exchange.

Parents:

nbCSOPz.pngT6I Male Lv 30JQvipJ3.pngT5F Female Lv22

Foals:

nbCSOPz.pngBreed: T6I Female AcooHmE.pngExchange: T5N Female

Round 2

Parents:

nbCSOPz.pngT6I Male Lv 30JQvipJ3.pngT5F Female Lv22

Foals:

oOC6Pmg.pngBreed: T5B Female CiVmLIz.pngReset: T5M Female

Sidenote, been a good couple of days on the market aswell, gotten 3x T5's that I could use, one level 30 E, a level 20 L and a level 20 M, all males with breeding attempts, so thanks to the sellers for keeping me stocked on "pure" attempts, I will give them great females to breed with. :)

7wq9xH7.pngkjxUWcV.pngCiVmLIz.png

Edited by Someone
2 people like this

Posted

My last breeding results. All femals where lvl 24, forgot to correct it on the breeding page.

At least, two females and a good looking T5 male. 

image.thumb.jpg.7c7755a66b31f77db667c18f

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

delete skill coupon is simply to get rid of a skill that bothers you, (Caution or Start Accel come to mind)

has absolutely zero affect on skill learning on the next or any other level

only use them at level 30

Why would you use a delete skill at level 30? Then the horse has ZERO chance of learning a skill to replace it. If you have 12 skills at level 30 and delete one, then your horse is stuck forever at 11 skills.  Each and every time I have used delete skill on a horse, it learned a skill the next level to replace the one deleted. Sometimes it is the same skill, but usually it is a different one.

I use reset skill at 30 so the horses immediately deletes a skill and learns another (without having to "ding" to a new level). That way if a horse has a skill that annoys you, at least you have a good chance at replacing it with a better one.

Edited by Indaria
1 person likes this

Posted

Why would you use a delete skill at level 30? Then the horse has ZERO chance of learning a skill to replace it.

Yeah, exactly. You have a maxed horse. So your options are caution and caution.

Or maybe you have a near maxed horse and your options are caution, hind kick and fore chop. Why would you even waste that expensive token on it?

This isn't a collection game where having ALL of the skills is a good thing. Buy the cheapie one. It's totally ok to not have all the skills.

Posted

Today's breeding results:

YAmBFBt.pnglvl 30 male + 3AQXzZQ.pnglvl 20 female

Results:

iP8SvQq.pngmale LS4za5p.pngfemale

Then I had this pair:

v2PCb19.pnglvl 30 male + 3AQXzZQ.pnglvl 20 female

Results:

7wq9xH7.pngfemale TIER 6 (some available)male

Nothing too exceptional came of the breeds today but I'll take it :)

Posted (edited)

So I happened to actually see it, full on, instead of maybe a peripheral glance this time.

My character was on his training loop (NOT near Heidel :ph34r:) and the wagon froze in place for a second, then moved a fraction as if I had just glitched and it was resuming, but then the load screen (map with the spirit chasing a goblin on the bottom) popped up for about 2 seconds, then went back to game. My character started auto-running off along his same route as soon as he loaded, of course with no wagon. The wagon spawned at what would have been the next join point of my loop, luckily not near any mobs.

The only indication anything had happened that I could see in any chat log was two things saying [System]: The action does not exist (in the action chart). and one [System]: PvP mode has been deactivated. Also, my chat channel had changed from where I had been talking in guild earlier to the default General channel.

Ugh. Like we need one more thing to interfere with the leveling process. :/

Edited by Hawke
added info

Posted

I have been getting that consistently too, same system messages, since yesterday.  Has something to do with the nodes since pvp node war experiment started.  Apparently the node wars will be gone on Tuesday with the patch while they examine results and fix things. Your horses on your wagon are immune from death, so at least you don't have to worry about that. :)

Posted

I've been trying to catch this stupid wild horse for two days now. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

DkEXWkC.jpg

I think you need to use sugar lump bait to catch that one...

(That is hilarious!)

So... question for the community since horse deletion disappeared and now it's only sale to the NPC:

I have a Tier 2 that had leveled to 30 before I decided to do anything with horse breeding. It has no super skills that would likely entice anyone to buy her at market, and when I try to sell to the NPC I get a "level is too high" error. Am I stuck with it unless I do an exchange with another horse?

I guess the exchange thing isn't too big a deal if that's my only option. I'll just do it with the next random male I capture if so.

You could try putting her on the market. It's been pretty empty of low level horses recently, and someone may buy her to exchange. Or you could buy a cheap male from the market (I've gotten a couple of leveled T2s with barely any skills that were cheap) and exchange. T2 have a good chance at T4.  Even a low level T3 would be good to exchange with a level 30 T2.

Posted

Does anyone else have horse breeding withdrawal? xD 

Ive been leveling my next pair of T5s for a week now (in the 20s lvl wise) and i just want to breed them now! But aiming for T7 attempts

I have managed to buy a lvl 1 T5M (male) for the exact same female. As i only have females now its great to finally get a male from the market place thats cheap as lvl 1 all breeds left.

I will eventually post my next results xD 

4 people like this

Posted

fun little glitch i saw when tabing back into game, what a t7 G looks like without foot fluffs! sadly it went away after i took control of the horse

BRr0pQu.jpg

tvLmbAC.jpg

6 people like this

Posted

I havent been able to do any breeding since the friday patch from 2 weeks ago because I keep on getting re-logged back (refreshing UI or something) in when I afk so now I actually SHUT my computer down when I am not actively playing. If I try to afk in heidal, i will come back to see myself standing next to my horse in the middle of the city, and if i try to afk in velia, i come back to see my horse running into walls. (I afk in safe zone only) Does anyone know a good loop that works? Thank you in advance.

*I have already sent in a ticket for this issue but everyone know how "fast" the BDO support responds.

Posted

fun little glitch i saw when tabing back into game, what a t7 G looks like without foot fluffs! sadly it went away after i took control of the horse

Smooth shaven legs, 10/10 do want.

1 person likes this

Posted

BRr0pQu.jpg

tvLmbAC.jpg

Did you use Roar right before the screenshot?

Posted

Last results :)

OPxokAE.png LVL 30 Male + ZtCqXED.pngLVL 25 Female = 78SK5XU.png T7 Male (yeaaah :) )

7xQiHla.png LVL 30 Male + 3AQXzZQ.pngLVL 25 Female = PcMCPfY.png T7 Male (yeaaah)

So happy, first pure and another t7 ♥

7 people like this

Posted

BRr0pQu.jpg

This happened to me too for like 3 seconds on the exact same skin. I prefer it without furry hoofs.

2 people like this

Posted

Wow did they change something since two days ago? I only tame horses when Im already in an area where they are either near my farm when farming or my harvesting spot for ore. I have had the hardest time catching a couple of these horses one horse went through 6 ropes 6 sugars and it was a tier 1 with of all things Fore Chop as its ability, the other went through 5 sugars and 4 ropes it was a tier 3 but wound up having insta accel. I also noticed if the horse isnt stuck on something I have to be a mile away to rope it now because they run easier it seems. Im Artisan 3 in training.

Posted

Did you use Roar right before the screenshot?

Nope just tabbed in to check horse progress she was already auto looping

And I agreed I demand a t7 horse with shaved legs!

Posted

Wow did they change something since two days ago? I only tame horses when Im already in an area where they are either near my farm when farming or my harvesting spot for ore. I have had the hardest time catching a couple of these horses one horse went through 6 ropes 6 sugars and it was a tier 1 with of all things Fore Chop as its ability, the other went through 5 sugars and 4 ropes it was a tier 3 but wound up having insta accel. I also noticed if the horse isnt stuck on something I have to be a mile away to rope it now because they run easier it seems. Im Artisan 3 in training.

I don't think so. Looks like RNG. I'm Pro10 and have no problems catching them from the first attempt and using just one sugar. From time to time (2 in 10 probably) I bump into more problematic ones, but even in their case I use no more than 3-4 ropes.

I don't know if it has any impact, but I noticed that when the time between using the rope and mounting attempt is between 30-40 seconds it goes smoother for me. If I wait more than 40 sec, for some reason I get kicked more often. Could be coincidence also, you never know for sure with this game..

Posted (edited)

Wouhouhouhouhouhouhou after the 44th breeding i finally got a purebreed and the one i wanted : RED awww i'm so happy !!!

Been months of effort but i did it yeah ! Never give up and always #Believe :x

9e67b1dd0cb9712240a3286a97995b04.jpg

dbae4ad6843bccef5a7e43d476811656.png76aba99bf081b717706d92b1b824645b.png

That was my 6th T7, still trying to get the T7I and my life is complete !

0ffd7b062874256cd5a52a7822dadf2f.png

Edited by Eyolis
15 people like this

Posted

It doesn't look at all built like a draft anymore. I think I'm a little too weirded out by that to like it, though it is a pretty cool glitch.

The other day I got to experience what it must feel like for the horses that get stuck underground. Actually held off from escaping for awhile because I was so entertained by getting to run around beneath calpheon.

2016-06-26_437388451.JPG

Posted

I am really starting to wonder about the percentages and stuff, these T5's are so disheartening after leveling for ages. Starting to wonder about breeding as a profession because to be honest it sucks!

27.06.16.thumb.JPG.cfceb5f9983159e33b957

So rant over, frustration swearing done, and now....well, think it's time to sit back and just level as and when, cos this RNG is brutally sad at times. (Till tomorrow when i set the wagon up again...sigh...breeder addiction sucks too)

Posted

Wouhouhouhouhouhouhou after the 44th breeding i finally got a purebreed and the one i wanted : RED awww i'm so happy !!!

Been months of effort but i did it yeah ! Never give up and always #Believe :x

9e67b1dd0cb9712240a3286a97995b04.jpg

dbae4ad6843bccef5a7e43d476811656.png76aba99bf081b717706d92b1b824645b.png

That was my 6th T7, still trying to get the T7I and my life is complete !

0ffd7b062874256cd5a52a7822dadf2f.png

I got a T7I yesterday by exchanging a T6 lvl22 and a T5 lvl 30.  Lucky! (it also started with Insta-accel)

Posted

Newer player here. I've been very lucky, and just got my first tier 7.

I tamed two tier 1 horses, and got a tier 3 female.  Bred the 1 and 3, and got a tier 4 female.  Traded in the 1 and 3, and got a tier 4 male.  Bred the two 4's, and got a great keeper T5B female.  Combined the 4+5, and holy cow got a T7 E male.

All in all, only four breedings, and one exchange got me to tier 7.  I skipped tier 6 entirely.  Going out to buy a lottery ticket.

2016-06-27_-1692578219.JPG

11 people like this