• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Horse Breeding / Findings MegaThread

27,967 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I've always followed the calculator myself and a few friends have told me that anything past the optimised level doesn't make a difference and I've not found any evidence being at 30 increases the chance of a purebred etc, if there is any evidence that being 30/30 makes a difference I can't find it but if you're paranoid there's nothing stopping you from getting them both to 30/30 and selling them on after resetting for a bit more money :D

It rolls only one color. So for instance if you have a total color value of, say, 502, you can possibly get a foal that has XX2 or 5XX, where X can be any value (except for 7 for T7 or any other purebred color value). You only need to have one color less or equal to the sum of parents for color theory, that's all. Other 2 can be higher, it doesn't matter. Also, if it rolls from 2, you can have any value less or equal to 2, or if it starts from red (5), you can have any value less or equal to 5, and any value on other 2 colors, including values higher than 0 and 2. OK, I'm bad at explaining :D

Oh I follow you now, so my 2 T6s had a total of 4 white and the 2 T7s I got both had 5 white so I was able to get them. So in theory, my next breeds have a total of 6 white which means I have a chance of a pure white T7 with 7 total white?

Edit: In fact if I breed my T7 and T6 I have a 7 white total... Which still leaves me wondering if it's a waste to breed a t7 male with a t6 female >.<

Second Edit: According to the calculator there's 0 difference in %s for a T7 between T6/T7 and T7/T7, so I'm literally breeding the t7 for a pure white... Which doesn't help me at all \o/

Edited by Ashnachiel

Posted

I've always followed the calculator myself and a few friends have told me that anything past the optimised level doesn't make a difference and I've not found any evidence being at 30 increases the chance of a purebred etc, if there is any evidence that being 30/30 makes a difference I can't find it but if you're paranoid there's nothing stopping you from getting them both to 30/30 and selling them on after resetting for a bit more money :D

Oh I follow you now, so my 2 T6s had a total of 4 white and the 2 T7s I got have a total of 5 white so I was able to get it. So in theory, my next breeds have a total of 6 white which means I have a chance of a pure white T7 with 7 total white?

Edit: In fact if I breed my T7 and T6 I have a 7 white total... Which still leaves me wondering if it's a waste to breed a t7 male with a t6 female >.<

Yeah, as long as you have a total of 7 in one color, if it rolls that color you have chance to roll 7 and get pure bred. That's why I personally think you have best chances at pure bred if you have only 2 colors, or even one (for instance breeding 2 pure bred black or white T5). As it doesn't roll on 0, if you have 0 in one color (red or black), and 7 in which ever you want, your chances should be better. But it's still RNG.

When it comes down to if it's worth it, I don't know what to suggest. It depends what you want. If you really want pure bred, then by all means it's not a waste - even fail is not a waste in my book, if you went after something you really wanted. If you can have total of 7 in color you want, just be sure you have 0 in one of the 3 colors. So if you want white one and you have 053 on T7 ( I think 2 T7 have those values) be sure to pick mate with 0 in red in order to at least eliminate game rolling on red - it will 'only' chose white if you're lucky or black if not. All other horses, without desirable values for the one you want, I would suggest saving for T8.

Really sorry for convulted post, English is not my native language and sometimes it is hard to express what I want. Really hope you can follow, and probably have a giggle at my expense :D

Posted (edited)

i am trying Riders of Icarus since I need my taming/training fix and now that BDO won't stay online for me figured i'd try the next with pets/mounts

Oh my goodness. It's like my ultimate dream game come true. Unfortunately when I try to go download the client I get a somewhat alarming popup by my antivirus software blocking the site :( . Too good to be true?

Edited by Solest

Posted

Oh my goodness. It's like my ultimate dream game come true. Unfortunately when I try to go download the client I get a somewhat alarming popup by my antivirus software blocking the site :( . Too good to be true?

It shouldn't be an issue if you are downloading from official page. Some anti virus programs are too sensitive.

Posted

It shouldn't be an issue if you are downloading from official page. Some anti virus programs are too sensitive.

Yeah, there are forum posts about comodo being stupid about the download but it sounds it may be in steam.

It's in steam!!

I might never be seen again, gotta go get lost in my dream game now!

2 people like this

Posted

Yeah, as long as you have a total of 7 in one color, if it rolls that color you have chance to roll 7 and get pure bred. That's why I personally think you have best chances at pure bred if you have only 2 colors, or even one (for instance breeding 2 pure bred black or white T5). As it doesn't roll on 0, if you have 0 in one color (red or black), and 7 in which ever you want, your chances should be better. But it's still RNG.

When it comes down to if it's worth it, I don't know what to suggest. It depends what you want. If you really want pure bred, then by all means it's not a waste - even fail is not a waste in my book, if you went after something you really wanted. If you can have total of 7 in color you want, just be sure you have 0 in one of the 3 colors. So if you want white one and you have 053 on T7 ( I think 2 T7 have those values) be sure to pick mate with 0 in red in order to at least eliminate game rolling on red - it will 'only' chose white if you're lucky or black if not. All other horses, without desirable values for the one you want, I would suggest saving for T8.

Really sorry for convulted post, English is not my native language and sometimes it is hard to express what I want. Really hope you can follow, and probably have a giggle at my expense :D

You're making perfect sense don't worry :P the conclusion is I don't have a mate with 0 red to go with my t7 053, so I'll have to breed until I do for a better shot at a pure white!

1 person likes this

Posted

It rolls only one color. So for instance if you have a total color value of, say, 502, you can possibly get a foal that has XX2 or 5XX, where X can be any value (except for 7 for T7 or any other purebred color value). You only need to have one color less or equal to the sum of parents for color theory, that's all. Other 2 can be higher, it doesn't matter. Also, if it rolls from 2, you can have any value less or equal to 2, or if it starts from red (5), you can have any value less or equal to 5, and any value on other 2 colors, including values higher than 0 and 2. OK, I'm bad at explaining :D

Mmm, I like this idea a lot more and may have to try breeding horses that both share the same 2 colors. However ,if this were true in theory wouldnt a T6A which is 006 guarantee a roll in black with 12 or less black be the best bet at getting a t7c? Of course I bet it is hard to get a male and female of these..i never have seen one on the market that wasnt bred out and never bred one myself..but then i suppose you'd only need to worry about what it rolls in black and not worry about it rolling other colors.

Posted (edited)

Mmm, I like this idea a lot more and may have to try breeding horses that both share the same 2 colors. However ,if this were true in theory wouldnt a T6A which is 006 guarantee a roll in black with 12 or less black be the best bet at getting a t7c? Of course I bet it is hard to get a male and female of these..i never have seen one on the market that wasnt bred out and never bred one myself..but then i suppose you'd only need to worry about what it rolls in black and not worry about it rolling other colors.

According to the calculator with 2 optimised T6A's you can get

e1c6fb378d2f50dd2b8dad82af9545df.png

The only thing confusing about the calculator is that it's saying I can get a pure black with a total of 6 black, but then KR evidence says the +1 rule doesn't apply to pures, I'll probably just spam breed my 2 T6Qs and see what happens :D

Edited by Ashnachiel

Posted (edited)

Two horses with 006 would allow you to be eligible for all horses that are XX12 or less except for those that are XX0. So the only T7s you wouldn't be eligible for are T7A and T7B because they're the only ones that have 0 for black and 12 is above all other T7 horses values. So it really doesn't make any difference if you're exactly 7 in black with your cross or you're way over 7 in black (like with 12) you have the same chances for coats.

I try to think of 0 color values as Null instead of 0. A horse that has no black cant be gotten by a black value. It is really kind of strange to explain. :/

Edited by Solest

Posted

Others said it :) Yeah you would only have to worry about what the game will roll within black. Sadly, it can roll 1 too, even if you have 12 in total and you can still get.. bad result. But as such a combination rules out rolling in red or white to begin with, I would consider it the perfect to try and up your chances at getting T7 pure black. The drawback is - in case of being unlucky and getting who knows what, the dissapointment is higher :D Personally, I try to pair up horses according to their color values and what I would like to get from them, but ofc that often results in strange foals. I prefer breeding horses with only one or two colors above 0, and breed together horses with all 3 colors above 0 not even hoping to get anything 'pure' out - I just hope to get better colored out of them. If that makes sense. For instance, currently I'm leveling T5 E female to go with T6 E male. Total color value will be 445, which can honestly get me anything. But I can hope that one of the colors might turn out 0, or that I will luck out and get one of the so called 'mutt' T7. After those, I will level full wagon of T4O - I have two males and two females. I won't get them all the way up to total levels of 50, but rather go between 20-23 and see if I can get a nice black/white T5. I also have a pair of T4I, and those two will go up to 25 because they will give me chance to get T6 pure black. I have two T6 M that are just sitting there, they're both males and I don't have satisfying female for them, even if I can potentially pair them with my T5A female for chance at T7 pure red, but I don't like the fact that I'll have that 1 in white. 

And so on, I seem to have written a book :D At the end of the day, it all comes down to what you think might give you best chances to get what you want - except when it comes to pure bred, where you have to have one color at highest value for the tier.

Posted (edited)

Today breeds

Breed one

male lvl 22 t6D HtSsTfR.pngx female lvl 22 t6D HtSsTfR.png = Female t5N AcooHmE.png

Breed 2

male lvl 22 t6D HtSsTfR.pngx female lvl 22 t6D HtSsTfR.png = Female t5E 7wq9xH7.png

Exchange

male lvl 22 t6D HtSsTfR.pngx female lvl 22 t6D HtSsTfR.png= female t7J sCSjdho.png

I was so annoyed by the two t5s earlier and I just assumed I was going to get another one with the exchange so I gave her a silly name :( (Deathbringer)

Also, I went back through my breeding records, and apparently I tried over 20 times to get a T7A and I think shes going to be a Fennel (sigh)

Oh well at least she is pretty9_9

Edited by Quinntessa
1 person likes this

Posted

me too, with all the constant DC thats happening it is impossible to level horses anymore... i wont completely stop breeding but i will not be passionate about it as before... i already got 1 battle ready, race ready T7.... and a few more to level... but thats pretty much it... i stopped posting results because there is nothing to post anymore for me, and like you said, i dont get the excitement anymore.... :(

Same here. I cannot stay connected for more than a few minutes since Valencia. At least not in the afternoon or evening. I can log on in the morning and sometimes I stay connected long enough to run a few levels on the wagon. I've got a ticket in but they are saying things like.. "Turn off anti virus, etc etc" Yet 1000's of their users are having this issue since Valencia, and most report it is worse at night than in the morning. "Things that make you go HMMMM". Yet when you put a ticket in, they treat you like you are the ONLY one having this issue and it MUST be your computer or network. It's sad. I spent a lot of money here. Had a lot of fun. But it's coming to an end.

Posted

Seems like people are still confused about the color theory, so i will explain it to the best of my abilities.

For this example i used my chart over at http://imgur.com/a/DaeiQ.

I will point out horses from my chart in the following manner: T stands for Tier, followed by the tier number and the letter associated to the horse. So for example the green horse ("the Hulk") in Tier 4 would be, T4-E.
Each horse has 3 different colors with a value assigned to them. The lower the tier, the lower the values.
In this topic the word "purebred" will be mentioned quite a few times and it simply means that it only has a value greater then 1 in only 1 of the color values.
All following horses are considered purebred horses: T1-A, T4-B, T4-I, T5-J, T5-K, T5- L, T6-A, T7-A, T7-B, T7-C, T8-C, T8-E

As you can see in the list, each horse has a value assigned to it and for the first example i am going to take 2 horses from the 5th Tier, T5-C and T5-D.
T5-C has a Red value of 4White value of 1 and a Black value of 1.
T5-D has a Red value of 3White value of 0 and a Black value of 2.
These values are something we need to add up, in order to give us insight of the possible foal it can produce (this also after having leveled up your horses to the appropriate levels).
This would give us the following: a combined Red value of 7, a combined White value of 1 and a combined Black value of 3.
To make it a bit easier to see, i will shorten it down to 7/1/3
During the roll for the foal, it will choose a color channel, this can be either Red, White or Black, before it picks a number between 1 and the maximum number of the combined values.
For this example that would be either 1-7 if it picked Red1 if it picked White and 1-3 if it picked Black.
At all times when breeding horses, the desired horse's value must be matched or exceeded in at least 1 of it color channels (so in either RedWhite or Black).
The horses you could expect as a result is as following:

- Any horse that has a Red value between 1 and 7 if the chosen color was Red.

- Any horse that has a White value of 1 if the chosen color is White.

- Any horse that has a Black value between 1 and 3 if the chosen color is Black.

Remember that it picks only from 1 color and as you can see, that leaves you open for a lot of potential horses. The dominant color of the parents, does not have to be the dominant color of the foal, as long as there is a color that matches in 1 of the 3 colors.
This is the reason that purebred horses are highly sought after. Let us take the white purebred horse. At tier 4, they have a color value or 0/4/0, Tier 5 it would be 0/5/0, Tier 7 0/7/0 and tier 8 0/8/0. As you can see, it is the amount of the tier the horse is.

The benefit of these purebred horses are the 0's in their color values. What this does is skip that color and only picks the color that has a value higher then 1. This increases the chances of getting the next purebred horse. Say you go for Tier 7, then having 2 white tier 5 purebred horses will give you a better chance on getting the Tier 7 white purebred horse. Again i'd like to stress that you still can expect a horse with 1 in white and be dominant in another color (T5-H for example).

Hope this helps, and good luck in your horse breeding efforts! 

Got my fourth T7 yesterday:

4fLaGJR.png

11 people like this

Posted

Same here. I cannot stay connected for more than a few minutes since Valencia. At least not in the afternoon or evening. I can log on in the morning and sometimes I stay connected long enough to run a few levels on the wagon. I've got a ticket in but they are saying things like.. "Turn off anti virus, etc etc" Yet 1000's of their users are having this issue since Valencia, and most report it is worse at night than in the morning. "Things that make you go HMMMM". Yet when you put a ticket in, they treat you like you are the ONLY one having this issue and it MUST be your computer or network. It's sad. I spent a lot of money here. Had a lot of fun. But it's coming to an end.

I play with my boyfriend. He was playing and my toon was in autoloop. He didn't have any trouble, I went disconected from server... Same network. Same computer's components, so.......................

Posted

The first time ive had a real problems with connecting was lastnight. As soon as my char was loaded and in Heidel it would kick me off instantly. I gave up on setting my afk wagon for overnight.

I have been quite lucky with only random DCs while im online (pretty rare). This is the first time ive had problems since release of the game. I was fustrated that i couldnt afk last night so i cant imagine how others feel who have it all the time D:  

Posted

Five days or so, I was having constant problems.  I moved to a less busy location, and have not DC'd since. Who knows if the change in location has anything to do with it?

Also, I think the general malaise with horse breeders now is how damn long it takes to breed a high level horse.  Before at the lower tiers it was relatively fast, you always had a breeding pair ready to go and a foal to look forward to.  Now it is weeks.  And the T7s take so long to level up as well.  Just gets tedious and boring.  Unfortunately, it also seems that the rewards for higher training levels just are not there, unlike many other professions.  We are also seeing more and more horses on the market that are just sitting there, so many females who are unable to breed but very pricey.

The one good thing from a recent patch is being able to sell lower tier horses we capture to an NPC without tax consequences.  Am very grateful for that because I have always enjoyed capturing.  

Hopefully when the  new tier 8 horses arrive, (ACK how long will those take to level) and the horse racing, interest might be revived. In the meantime, horse breeding is a side hobby for me. About time I leveled my character anyway. :)

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Five days or so, I was having constant problems.  I moved to a less busy location, and have not DC'd since. Who knows if the change in location has anything to do with it?

Also, I think the general malaise with horse breeders now is how damn long it takes to breed a high level horse.  Before at the lower tiers it was relatively fast, you always had a breeding pair ready to go and a foal to look forward to.  Now it is weeks.  And the T7s take so long to level up as well.  Just gets tedious and boring.  Unfortunately, it also seems that the rewards for higher training levels just are not there, unlike many other professions.  We are also seeing more and more horses on the market that are just sitting there, so many females who are unable to breed but very pricey.

The one good thing from a recent patch is being able to sell lower tier horses we capture to an NPC without tax consequences.  Am very grateful for that because I have always enjoyed capturing.  

Hopefully when the  new tier 8 horses arrive, (ACK how long will those take to level) and the horse racing, interest might be revived. In the meantime, horse breeding is a side hobby for me. About time I leveled my character anyway. :)

At the beginning of playing this game i was all about horses 24/7 i was at lvl 36 for around four weeks and then i joined a PvX guild where they helped me get to lvl 51. The guild disbanded and now im in a new guild which focuses on all professions which is great when you need advice and can give it too. Im level 55 now Artisan 1 in training so ive kinda done both now, the guild seem to do one night or two of grinding then guild quest nights, boss scrolls and then do what you want nights so you still seem to level your char and do your profession at the same time. I know you can do what you want when you want but it kinda keeps you occupied doing different things xD 

Edited by Aastrid

Posted

this is definitely a problem on their part.... i sent in 2 tickets and they copy pasted their answers for both saying "we are not looking into this problem"... my ass.... the autoloop and autopath feature has been broken for some of us since node war was FIRST implemented which was June 17th. And we have heard NOTHING from daum regarding this problem yet. The reason why I said this is for sure a problem on daum's part is that, the way how my guild leader explained to me, when you autopath to a place, it is basically taking a long time to render the distanced objects due to server lag, and thats why it boots you to a loading screen. if you try afk fishing or processing, there is no problems because it doesnt need to constantly render anything.

Posted

Yay, my third T7.

2016-07-11_10830211kfuzv.jpg

5 people like this

Posted

I play with my boyfriend. He was playing and my toon was in autoloop. He didn't have any trouble, I went disconected from server... Same network. Same computer's components, so.......................

I have no connection problems on my trainer and have been running horses for over a week now with no disconnects but within minutes of switching over to my sorceress I get disconnected. Odd that it happens on one of my characters all the time but never on my other.

Posted

Someone is very happy :D

2016-07-11_24299895.thumb.JPG.351dd80743

It's our third T7 (just like FluffyQuack's lol XD)

bred in Velia by a twink with zero skill^^

breeding rounds yesterday and today, sold the T5 girls immediately :P

11-Juli_T7J_Nr3.thumb.png.fe8aca616fd16c

very much in love with the skin :x

2016-07-11_24160353.thumb.JPG.e6cccb4cf8

4 people like this

Posted

ok more theorycrafting since we haven't done this in awhile:

i think a T6I and a T6P pairing gives you the best chance at a T7 %-wise

because the colors count is 707 total thus the ONLY T7 that can't be "chosen" is a T7B pure white

remember we still haven't figured out if the game chooses color then re-rolls if color is false, or whether it just tries another color

1 person likes this

Posted

So, I'm new to the thread and was reading through to try to find some updated information since google sucks and everything is outdated, is it currently possible to find higher than t3 horses in the wild? I keep hearing mixed answers so I figured a horse breeding forum might be the place to ask

Posted

So, I'm new to the thread and was reading through to try to find some updated information since google sucks and everything is outdated, is it currently possible to find higher than t3 horses in the wild? I keep hearing mixed answers so I figured a horse breeding forum might be the place to ask

not yet, probably Valencia 2 patch will add T4s if not also T5s

Posted

not yet, probably Valencia 2 patch will add T4s if not also T5s

Alright I just wanted to be sure before I went all anal looking everywhere for t5's since someone in game told me his friend caught a wild "deadpool" t5. You know how those "heard it from a friend" stories go, I just wanted to validate.