• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Horse Breeding / Findings MegaThread

27,967 posts in this topic

Posted

Breeding the horses will make you lose the original horses to get a new one? Like an exchange ?

Or they'll remain ?

Posted

Breeding the horses will make you lose the original horses to get a new one? Like an exchange ?

Or they'll remain ?

Breeding they remain but when younexchange you lose the parents and get a new foal 

Posted (edited)

I got a tier 5 horsy from the conquer pack and today after a long time i checked my mailbox and i saw that i got a new tier 5 horse and i've been wondering if i should try to get a tier 6 horse from them.

I was aiming to lvl the new horse and then to try this... And i'm scared that if they fail i'll lose the horses Q_Q .

Screenshot_1.jpg

Screenshot_2.jpg

Edited by Twinx

Posted (edited)

Retracted

Edited by Laris
Retracted

Posted

Did they change something in the last patch? Paired a male T4D lv.30 and a female T4A lv. 25 and got a male T7I ? should not be possible through the horse breeding calculator... but i won´t complain:D

I think something changed. I breed & exchanged T6 at Lv 22 and T7 at Lv27 and got 3 T5 in row. The chance of that according to the calculator was less than 10% Also the only T7 i have gotten was breeding T5 and it was remote. For me personelly the calclutor has been accurate for breeding Tier 1 to Tier 5 but too optimistic from Tier 5 to Tier 7. I suspect there is either random factor thrown in or color theory is different from what is believed. 

I've read so much on horse breeding. While I understand some aspects of it, other parts are very confusing and make me feel dumb. I follow the parts of the calculator I understand, but get poor results. It makes me think I am doing something wrong. If anyone feels like being a horse breeding mentor, I'd appreciate the one on one help. 

Lately i stopped breeding because my last 15 pairs are giving much worse results than the calculator. I have breed lower tiers in while so i might be accurate there or there be a bug in breeding. I will say when i was breeding lower tiers early in the year the calculator was very accurate. 

Posted

I haven't gotten a single T7 from breeding T6s together, but others have, so I've always figured it's just RNG. 

Posted

I've read so much on horse breeding. While I understand some aspects of it, other parts are very confusing and make me feel dumb. I follow the parts of the calculator I understand, but get poor results. It makes me think I am doing something wrong. If anyone feels like being a horse breeding mentor, I'd appreciate the one on one help. 

pm me here anytime

or whisper coach if you are on Orwen

Posted

I've been following this thread since almost day 1 so i'd say it's about time I shared some of my most recent results. So today's attempt was lvl 29 MT5 + lvl 29 FT5 = MT6

2016-07-23_891081284.thumb.jpg.1c82ac0fc

Following that I tried a little experiment with a lvl 28 MT6 i bought which i exchanged with the FT5, resulting in my first T7 :)

2016-07-01_1125327521.thumb.jpg.37284810

So far the calculator has been reasonably accurate in the predicted results. Had some disappointing ones more than a few times but nothing that can't be explained by bad luck because, well...rng :P

3 people like this

Posted

I think something changed. I breed & exchanged T6 at Lv 22 and T7 at Lv27 and got 3 T5 in row. The chance of that according to the calculator was less than 10% Also the only T7 i have gotten was breeding T5 and it was remote. For me personelly the calclutor has been accurate for breeding Tier 1 to Tier 5 but too optimistic from Tier 5 to Tier 7. I suspect there is either random factor thrown in or color theory is different from what is believed. 

Lately i stopped breeding because my last 15 pairs are giving much worse results than the calculator. I have breed lower tiers in while so i might be accurate there or there be a bug in breeding. I will say when i was breeding lower tiers early in the year the calculator was very accurate. 

The chance of getting higher tier horses while breeding has been increased.---Directly from the July 20 patch notes. Wonder if the calculator will be...Well recalculated? If not, until then, assume a better chance on all the %'s and the possibility of a higher tier jump if you are thresholding far enough to eliminate lower tier pairs?

Posted

Hi congratulations :D

This might help with the colour values. http://imgur.com/a/DaeiQ

It's a Type H, or 3/3/3 colour values, should anyone want to know.

Posted

The chance of getting higher tier horses while breeding has been increased.---Directly from the July 20 patch notes. Wonder if the calculator will be...Well recalculated? If not, until then, assume a better chance on all the %'s and the possibility of a higher tier jump if you are thresholding far enough to eliminate lower tier pairs?

the calculator was not provided by PA/Daum.  It was datamined from the client by players from the Russian server.  I assume it was datamined at some point equal to where we are as the results have been spot on.  Out of 161 breedings I have had ONE outcome that came in below the calc.  We will need a lot of data to tell when we have "passed" the point that the calc currently shows.   To get a "new" recalculated calc someone would have to datamine the current.

Posted (edited)

Ok so my T7 pure white Shadowfax is now level 28 and she knows 13/15 moves, im crossing my fingers that she learns the last two inher last two levels. The ones she is yet to learn are Instant Accel & Sideways Move (I havent used any coupons so far) i really hope she gets IA as i play a Tamer so not too fussed about sideways. I have everything crossed atm xD it will be my first ever horse to learn all avaliable skills that it can (attached is a potato image of smarty pants xD)

2016-07-31_237606638.JPG

Edited by Aastrid
Spelling -.-
4 people like this

Posted

Can I ask someone for a link(download) to a good spreadsheet I can use I tried to go through the 10k pages to get one of the ones linked previous but too many pages :)  I never needed to use a spreadsheet before but now I have way too many horses waiting for tier 8 to come out. I could make one but I saw some really nice ones linked a long long time ago here.

Posted

I use this one

http://bd.thewink.eu

Posted

Well something sure changed for me.  I just bred two tier 3's, both level 29 (with one death).  I got back a tier 6F male.   I certainly was not expecting that

1 person likes this

Posted

Well something sure changed for me.  I just bred two tier 3's, both level 29 (with one death).  I got back a tier 6F male.   I certainly was not expecting that

That is entirely possible with the current calculator.  And it sure saves time leveling, rather than using max T5s etc.  But you are going to be wanting females soon.  :)

Nice RNG for you with that outcome, tho!!! Grats!

Posted

Might be that the calculators as we know them have to adjust one treshhold (or whatever it's called) up from what they are now. So if previous max outcome was a T6 male - with the new patch max outcome has gone up to T6 female etc. As far as I can tell from the breeding results posted here since patch it fits - but ofc its too little info to base anything on.

Posted

Well whatever has changed with the breeding it seriously seems to of screwed up anything over 700 mark, because all myself and another breeder seem to get back are T5's which is really really disheartening.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Anyone have any information on how the branding works? I could not find much data on it other then it has a higher chance to learn skills, but you cant sell. I dont see where it says that in game though about the not selling, and also, is it still able to breed if branded? Any info would be much appreciated thanks! I have a few t7s i was going to level and was debating about trying it out!

Edited by simplyunsure

Posted

I use this one

http://bd.thewink.eu

Thanks I wound up making my own though :)

Posted

Well whatever has changed with the breeding it seriously seems to of screwed up anything over 700 mark, because all myself and another breeder seem to get back are T5's which is really really disheartening.

I've been really wondering if there is something screwed up over a certain threshold, myself.  I've managed to get a number of T7s but none of them from T6 pairs.

1 person likes this

Posted

Anyone have any information on how the branding works? I could not find much data on it other then it has a higher chance to learn skills, but you cant sell. I dont see where it says that in game though about the not selling, and also, is it still able to breed if branded? Any info would be much appreciated thanks! I have a few t7s i was going to level and was debating about trying it out!

i just branded my T7A pure red female just for science

she was level 9 when branded with 6 skills

she is now level 13 with 8 skills

i will update when at 30

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

My breeding for the week:

T5A maleDo05Pfw.png , 29 (smart horse)  + T6k 24  YAmBFBt.png= T6U male and T6N female (yay, love this horse and have a T6N male)

reset male  +PQdPVSt.png T6C buttplug, LEVEL ONE (yes misclicked wrong horse) = T6H female (so very lucky to even get a T6 and females always welcome)

T5A male final breed + PQdPVSt.png T6C buttplug but Level 23!!= T7I female dXhS0q1.png * happy dance, now have 4 females, 7 males

T5A exchange with T6K = T6M male

I figure it will be raining T5s next week as I haven't had any in a while....

Edited by Ramblinrose
2 people like this