• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Horse Breeding / Findings MegaThread

27,967 posts in this topic

Posted

We have a guildie who bought the horse brand and also reported no increase in skill learning -- maybe even worse than the usual RNG. :(

As of right now I do NOT recommend buying the horse brand. My white T7 is level 15 with only 5 skills. I applied the brand at level 1. I also spent 20$ on horse horse skills coupons for sprint and instant acceleration. I may be having bad rng, but damn level 15 and only 5 skills. 

My purebred black T7 was also branded at level 1.. he is level 30 with 10 skills, not a single high end skill. best thing is roar. I was very disappointed. He was supposed to be my Mercedes. ):

Posted

I have a question;

using skill coupon on horse, is it best to do  around 28-29 or just before 30 or after 30?

Posted

It is supposed to give you a slight edge to learn the skill you hope for, so technically try it around 28 or 29, hoping to learn another one (and the one you want) at 30.  Your chances for a great skill increase, of course, if the skills that are left to learn are all good.  So if at 30, only good ones remain, switch out that caution and get a decent skill. :)  Good luck!  I am not a very big fan of those coupons as they seem another cash grab, at least whenever I have used them...been very disappointing.

And as an aside, we horse breeders have been P2W every time we buy a reset.  In my opinion the current drama over this issue is waaay over the top.

2 people like this

Posted

It is supposed to give you a slight edge to learn the skill you hope for, so technically try it around 28 or 29, hoping to learn another one (and the one you want) at 30.  Your chances for a great skill increase, of course, if the skills that are left to learn are all good.  So if at 30, only good ones remain, switch out that caution and get a decent skill. :)  Good luck!  I am not a very big fan of those coupons as they seem another cash grab, at least whenever I have used them...been very disappointing.

And as an aside, we horse breeders have been P2W every time we buy a reset.  In my opinion the current drama over this issue is waaay over the top.

Thx for the reply, why I want to try is that I think I have a great race horse, and need one more skill;) but rng is a devil. P2w with horses;) funny, time spent on horses could not possible be p2w. I usually breed for looks, I want a good looking horse, and have that be fast or skilled could be a b*tch;)

Posted (edited)

Edited (removed link due to error on breed grade for T8's).
I have a few T6's/T5's with colour values I am not that interested in, so I will experiment for THE SCIENCE :) over the next few weeks.  I will get them to combined level 46 to see if I can get a t7 female.

Hi,

Hope you are all well. 

It's weird quoting myself, but results of experiment so far:-

6M Lvl 25 x 5A Lvl 21 (Combined lvl 46) = 6D Male (Bred), 6N Male (Reset Bred), 6S Female (Exchange)

6M Lvl 25 x 5A Lvl 21 (Combined lvl 46) = 6N Male (Bred), 6T Male (Bred)

6M Lvl 25 x 5C Lvl 22 (Combined lvl 47) = 7I Female (Bred) :D  I was that surprised I messed up the screenshot!

Levelled the last bunch to 47 instead of 46 by mistake as was afk.  Will try some more later today.

Exp6.thumb.jpg.08729df64309f3f87b466f32c

Exp61.thumb.jpg.0f5c9d32728c33251ef7292a

Edited by Skylar
3 people like this

Posted

IMO the breeding is fine, if you stick to the 700 threshold. Above that seems to be borked atm but the 700 works well. I got my 7th T7 today using two T6's at lvl 22 each :)

My results from each t7 attempt:

T6 x T5: 21 times -> 4 x T7
T5 x T5: 14 times -> 1 x T7
T6 x T6: 11 times -> 2 x T7

T5 x T4: 7 times -> 0 x T7

T6 x T4: 4 times -> 0 x T7

Thank You I wont go to 750 800 anymore, That looks like about 12% to 15%, depending on if dont use T4's (which the calculator says shouldnt matter.) I guess its the calculator thats not fine, because horse breeding is what it is. I will re-evalute if i want to start horse breeding again. 

I got bad luck on T7 (which i breed away in hopes of more T7's) becuase it was slower than my T6's which i had already set up for combat.

Posted

anybody else than me seeing the premium skin pattern that pixelized? Looks like this even from afar. Really not that beauitful : /
Unbenannt.thumb.JPG.585ff6cbf44c7c02d237

Posted

FINALLY FINALLY THX RnG !!!

BxVz2l9.jpg

Finally after so many T6n's and other white Breedings

Parents:

dXhS0q1.png

Lvl 30 Male 

+

CiVmLIz.png

Lvl 25 Female

13 people like this

Posted

Who on earth would sell T5K lv 28 half way to 29... for only a little over 3 mil? Sometimes I don't understand people.

Posted

WOOP!!! Congrats :D

Posted

WOOP!!! Congrats :D

Merci :x

Posted

Who on earth would sell T5K lv 28 half way to 29... for only a little over 3 mil? Sometimes I don't understand people.

The price is set based on a combination of Tier, Level and what skills they know. The players have no influence over it. So they probably were disappointed that the horse didn't learn good skills...

Posted

The price is set based on a combination of Tier, Level and what skills they know. The players have no influence over it. So they probably were disappointed that the horse didn't learn good skills...

I know how the price is determined :) I consider it such a waste especially because the poor horse had no skills - there was still chance to exchange for T7 pure white, yet they decided to sell it for such a low price. Not worth selling it.

Posted (edited)

Not worth selling it.

That would be called....opinion.

I often sell a multitude of levelled/tiered horses just to have a clear out.

Edited by Maviarab

Posted

That would be called....opinion.

I often sell a multitude of levelled/tiered horses just to have a clear out.

Yeah it is my opinion, but tell me, would you really sell a horse high in one color, leveled, for change? When you can potentially get a pure bred of a more valuable tier? I know I wouldn't but yeah, that's my attitude toward it, and other people's obviously differ. I just don't get why would anyone give out such a high one color value horse for peanuts. Never will to be honest.

Posted

Yeah it is my opinion, but tell me, would you really sell a horse high in one color, leveled, for change? When you can potentially get a pure bred of a more valuable tier? I know I wouldn't but yeah, that's my attitude toward it, and other people's obviously differ. I just don't get why would anyone give out such a high one color value horse for peanuts. Never will to be honest.

If I have seven of those....and can only do one exchange a day...I'd rather just ditch it for a few mill.  RNG says you're unlikely to get the colour you want anyway.

Theres one perfectly reasonable explanation, so get off the I'm right - he's an idiot soap box please ;)

Not everyone plays the same...and no one way of playing is correct.  Like asking why anyone would pay £200 for a crappy motor...or equally 2 million for a rare vintage.  Different opinions on the value of things.

Posted

If I have seven of those....and can only do one exchange a day...I'd rather just ditch it for a few mill.  RNG says you're unlikely to get the colour you want anyway.

Theres one perfectly reasonable explanation, so get off the I'm right - he's an idiot soap box please ;)

Not everyone plays the same...and no one way of playing is correct.  Like asking why anyone would pay £200 for a crappy motor...or equally 2 million for a rare vintage.  Different opinions on the value of things.

Things certainly changed while I wasn't looking. But thank you for clarifying that for me, I'll keep it in mind for the future.

Posted (edited)

I sell all the horses that I think look ugly, skill or no skill But then I rarely lvl them up. But sometimes i find a horse on my 4 horse wagon that I have forgotten, and if its bad and taking up a spot I sell. Well sometimes you do bargins at the market.
 Maybe im stupid, i dont know, but i want my horse that I invest time in to look good.

Edited by Adelthorne
spelling

Posted

So anyone tried breeding a horse that's been skin changed?  I'm pretty sure that they use the original skin for calculation but it would be interesting to see if they use the changed skin.  Maybe I'll try that and see.

Posted (edited)

So anyone tried breeding a horse that's been skin changed?  I'm pretty sure that they use the original skin for calculation but it would be interesting to see if they use the changed skin.  Maybe I'll try that and see.

I am working on it, but I can't change the skin of my second horse.. it wont let me. I even restarted BDO and tried a different stable all the way in keplan.

found the problem! alright going to lvl him then breed him i let you know the out come.

Edited by SheBeast

Posted

I am working on it, but I can't change the skin of my second horse.. it wont let me. I even restarted BDO and tried a different stable all the way in keplan.

Giiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrlllllllllllll
where you been at.

Posted

Giiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrlllllllllllllwhere you been at.

working! so much work! soon i will be going to university getting my DR. 

I am actually looking forward to how we will be able to sale costumes.. i want to buy more horses lol

Posted

I have been afk autolooping my horses in the same spot since this game started right outside of Velia where the horses you tame spawn at. I have locked up trying to auto-path my horses today over 10 times I cannot auto loop them for over 10 minutes before crash. This is not a new area I am using its the same one I have used for months. I tried to change servers then I tried to auto path from Velia to Olivia instead of my normal path and back and that still didnt work.

Anyone having worse problems today(Sat Aug 6) than normal trying to auto path your horses/wagon? Maybe its just my wagon I havent tried solo pathing. I did afk fish all night with no issues I also havent tried weight training afk. I know others have had some issues but I never have really I dont get why all of a sudden just today its doing this I even restarted my computer and that didnt help either.

Posted (edited)

My results for yesterday

Tk2kmoZ.jpg

So happy to get another T7A, my first one has turned into a potato horse, no good skill at all yet though she is only level 20 so there is still hope.

Dion was listed on the market for about a day before I gave up and bought the cheapest Male horse I could find for an exchange, the result kinda made me laugh.

Rnjesus was bought off the market place already leveled to 20 with both breeds still, who ever sold him thanks :D  I had almost run out of horses with high red color.

Edited by Quinntessa

Posted

I've been solopathing, no problems there, but I haven't seen any wagons with drivers standing a distance away....