• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Horse Breeding / Findings MegaThread

27,967 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't play anymore so I logged in to try, sadly I only had one pair and no reset, and they were lvl 30 and 23 so it's nothing to rely on but anyway... I wouldn't try for the t8 until there is some confirmation if I were you

52569568688c3b3f7fbbe1479675833f.png

Posted

Update to me asking again on my ticket if he was 100% certain about T8 (I asked for EU&NA this time) and this is the reply

obviously people are still going to be wary, but this has made me excited/curious

the fact he mentions skill level too - maybe we need a certain level of training to breed one? Is this the case in KR/RU?

anyone else have an open ticket that they can sneak the T8 availability question into? haha

image.png

Super excited about this!! I'm guessing just the purebreeds like they did with T7 but eeek!

Posted

You do realize there is no 'luck' involved in RNG? What most people call 'luck' is nothing more than a better model for dealing with complicated events than other people might have - conscious or subconscious. Unfortunately there is no underlying cause and effect relationship in much of BDO, it really is random...pseudo-random that is. So once you have maximum level on your horses what you get has exactly the same chance as anyone else. If we all were to breed enough horses at exactly the same level eventually all of our results would start to approach the same mean and standard deviation.

I really WISH that they had mechanics in game such that some stables had 'better' stablemasters and modified the RNG favorably. I really wish that offspring of horses that learned many skills had a beneficial RNG outcome but it doesn't. Simple mechanics from a simple-minded developer.

yeah, that's why I said it was "superstitious" -- as in, there is no data to back it up, no real possibility that it is helpful. I definitely understand the RNG model, and was just pointing out that for whatever reason, our guild had a lot of "luck" switching stables. I'm sure there is nothing really to it -- and I can see how my post may have been eluding to a possible mechanic of "extra luck" at certain stables. To my knowledge, stables have no luck mechanic. But I will still breed only in Altinova because it has worked for us. :D

...Aaaaand then a GM from black desert says "LUCK" is involved in breeding T8s. 

lol - who really knows what to believe anymore? 

Excited for the possibility of T8's tho!

Posted

Update to me asking again on my ticket if he was 100% certain about T8 (I asked for EU&NA this time) and this is the reply

obviously people are still going to be wary, but this has made me excited/curious

the fact he mentions skill level too - maybe we need a certain level of training to breed one? Is this the case in KR/RU?

anyone else have an open ticket that they can sneak the T8 availability question into? haha

image.png

Wow, T8!.. Gratz! :)

Who will be the first to try? 
Nobody wants to take risks for the sake of such beauty?4080.thumb.jpg.546c476f16bd17fe70a90fa0b

080_1.thumb.png.6b9935ca7d14eb6139fd47be

Skills:

57aa0717cf23e_080_1.thumb.jpg.398a1e84e857aa071d890aa_080_2.thumb.png.d0361d018057aa07204fead_080_3.thumb.png.10416c9ca557aa07230ebab_080_4.thumb.png.6a580806ed

This Ac.thumb.png.f617e979a5d2ccfc6ceab261577+ Ac2.thumb.png.6b09382e4b4360f0c998b1ba9a  is must-have for all. 

I have two accounts on the Ru server with different levels of skill. I do not see any difference in the results of their horse breeding. We were getting T8 horse from the lowest skill level. We were getting fail from the highest skill level over and over again. So, skill level does not affect the results of  horses breeding at the RU server.

5 people like this

Posted

Hi everyone...I haven't been playing for about a month and see that there have been some changes I will have to check out.  I was wondering if someone could please link the site for the Russian Calculator I have been reading about here in the thread.  Thanks

Posted

Hi everyone...I haven't been playing for about a month and see that there have been some changes I will have to check out.  I was wondering if someone could please link the site for the Russian Calculator I have been reading about here in the thread.  Thanks

http://bdo.horse/?page_id=110 :)

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I just had 4 attempts of T7 + T7 and got 4 x T6

Artisan 3

5 in Luck

T7 C Male 30 + T7 J Female 30 = T6F Female

T7E Male  30 + T7 D Female 30 = T6R Female

T7C Male 30 + T7J Female 30 = T6I Female

T7E Male 30 + T7 H Female 30 = T6K Female

had 16 T7 so that's all i'm going to waste for now

Edited by Poison.Ivy
added info x 2
5 people like this

Posted

thanks Poison for trying...seems you are confirming the high number of T6 we can all expect to get....*sigh.  I will wait to breed too, I have to actually, have only four leveled to 30..and there is so much else to do in the game.  If it weren't for afk autolooping, I doubt any of us would be doing this.  I am sure most are aware, you can translate that Russian calculator, right click the screen and click translate.  I tried putting in two T7s at thirty but the results don't seem to work btw.

Ps Got a T7 J born with two seater yesterday.  The irony is that I had another T7 who had great skills and I used three coupons to get two seater on him the day before, simply because I wanted to get rid of my butplug who had 2 seater.  Friends were complaining when I was being a taxi to nodes they wanted, that they had to look at its arse, I told them I stuck a red duster in in, it was a free ride, and to quit complaining....LOL. But I am going to sell her.

2 people like this

Posted

Hidden Content

Any info on how T8s can be acquired when released? don't want to breed the T7s i have till then but calculator doesn't show it is within range for even 2x t7 lv30s. 

Posted

Super excited about this!! I'm guessing just the purebreeds like they did with T7 but eeek!

I haven't seen any T5 in the wild yet. I expect them to appear with T8 release but who knows. Think it's time to check all spawn points in case we can potentially tame them. I'm really very curious now.

Posted

Any info on how T8s can be acquired when released? don't want to breed the T7s i have till then but calculator doesn't show it is within range for even 2x t7 lv30s. 

not sure other than just going for both T7 at 30 and to start aim for purebreds. That's my plan anyway :)

Posted

(delurk from 200 pages back)

With it not mentioned in the patch notes and no T5s in the wild I'm not going to risk my T7 breedings until I someone posts definitive proof or it shows up in future patch notes.

They specifically announced when the other T7 skins became available so I would have thought they would have done the same for T8s. I don't think this line from the July 20 patch notes counts:

"The chance of getting higher tier horses while breeding has been increased."

Unless it has increased from 0% to X% for T8.

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone :) I've been busy training up my t7's for t8 breeding later, and I found a few glitches that people may or may not know about that will make leveling your SKILLS easier!

Horse Skill Training Tips!

bdotrain.thumb.png.333b80b425d992aa7f184

Charge: You can bypass the minigame if you hit something with charge quick enough. Use training dummies! you can spam Q and train up charge in no time without ever having to deal with the failure minigame.

Drift: You can bypass the minigame if you chain drift over and over quickly after one successful drift. It's tricky to get going, but the key is to not press shift again after your first one.

Sprint: This one is super annoying if you don't know how to bypass the minigame, but yes you can!! The trick is to hold down spacebar and jump over and over while holding shift and forward. You can do this into a wall if you like, and no you dont need streak jump for it to work! Hooray!

Does anyone else have any tricks? I hope people find these helpful!

Edited by Auruen
16 people like this

Posted

(delurk from 200 pages back)

With it not mentioned in the patch notes and no T5s in the wild I'm not going to risk my T7 breedings until I someone posts definitive proof or it shows up in future patch notes.

They specifically announced when the other T7 skins became available so I would have thought they would have done the same for T8s. I don't think this line from the July 20 patch notes counts:

"The chance of getting higher tier horses while breeding has been increased."

Unless it has increased from 0% to X% for T8.

They actually didn't do an official announcement when they made the purebreed T7's available either, it was only when someone got one from breeding we found out.

2 people like this

Posted

Finally i have got my 3rd T7! on exchange and hoped for a horse of any tier male because of them name 'Ace'

I now have a T7B Female, T7J Female & now T7E Male! :D

Now to try for T7C on my next breeding and a chance at all the others on my one after!

T7 Three Ace.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

Hidden Content

thanks for trying, for science!

The lame thing about the T8's is that - based off the person who bred on the RU server a couple of pages back - they are going to be quite rare, so even with people breeding their T7's we might not see a T8 for a while, specially if 2 x T7 is the only way to breed them since T7 are still rare to get and take ages to level.

People not breeding because they were waiting for confirmation of them existing, and the rare chance as mentioned above, would explain why we haven't seen any ingame yet (either being ridden or via the server announcements). It is frustrating having this GM say they exist but not having seen any or seen any mention of it in patch notes.. not sure what to believe :/ but as myself and other posters mentioned before, they sneaked other tiers into the game without patch notes so it could be the same here.

Argh! I am impatient and just wanna see some T8's at long last:D

3 people like this

Posted

They actually didn't do an official announcement when they made the purebreed T7's available either, it was only when someone got one from breeding we found out.

True. But with "only" 10 T7s (most at or near the 56 breakpoint that takes forever to reach) I'm not willing to risk breedings until I have more proof. Especially ones with 0/8/8 color mix that are theoretically eligible for any T8 foal.  

Posted

True. But with "only" 10 T7s (most at or near the 56 breakpoint that takes forever to reach) I'm not willing to risk breedings until I have more proof. Especially ones with 0/8/8 color mix that are theoretically eligible for any T8 foal.  

Totally understand, I can't see me risking it either, it took me long enough to get the T7's :)

Posted

Hello everyone :) I've been busy training up my t7's for t8 breeding later, and I found a few glitches that people may or may not know about that will make leveling your SKILLS easier!

Charge: You can bypass the minigame if you hit something with charge quick enough. Use training dummies! you can spam Q and train up charge in no time without ever having to deal with the failure minigame.

Drift: You can bypass the minigame if you chain drift over and over quickly after one successful drift. It's tricky to get going, but the key is to not press shift again after your first one.

Sprint: This one is super annoying if you don't know how to bypass the minigame, but yes you can!! The trick is to hold down spacebar and jump over and over while holding shift and forward. You can do this into a wall if you like, and no you dont need streak jump for it to work! Hooray!

Can you do a video guide or go in more depth? What to press and stuff

Posted

You can combo charge/drift and train in a dense mob area like fogan swamp. easy way to get those precious titles : P
Charge, drift immeadiatly, charge immeadiatly, drift etc.
Maybe because of the momentum the balance bar almost doesn´t more for me this way, making it super easy.

Totally understand, I can't see me risking it either, it took me long enough to get the T7's :)

to me it doesn´t even feel like "not risking" it´s just.. why would we trust them? : P
It´s still taking people ages to get T7, why should we even have to risk anything? They announced +16 loud and clear, did anybody had to risk their Kzarka for upgrading? Nah, patch notes plz.

1 person likes this

Posted

Can you do a video guide or go in more depth? What to press and stuff

I'll maybe do a video when I find some more. Also haha, I don't have a horse with Sprint untrained right now, ill have to wait until it pops up again. Which skill is giving you trouble?

Posted (edited)

After my effort for science today I felt Karma was on my side so to replenish my 'aiming for T8 stocks' I used market ponies both level 30

H1.thumb.JPG.e883af1296dffa80aef701394b6

Plus

H2.thumb.JPG.7c933d3f62e838840ebaf2f5259

And got Female T7 J

F3.thumb.JPG.af025e0aed0d1a6ef409decdd12

Market Female level 25 Market.thumb.JPG.296e4bd3f2c0f7764d3dd51  + Market male level 30 H1.thumb.JPG.e883af1296dffa80aef701394b6 =

Foal 2 T6D female fail

F2.thumb.JPG.6f8268712e24bd141fadd49b2e6

H1.thumb.JPG.e883af1296dffa80aef701394b6  Plus H2.thumb.JPG.7c933d3f62e838840ebaf2f5259

Exchanged =Exchange.thumb.JPG.64e52d139ce856c4d9205 Potato T6B

So made back 2 of the wasted female T7 breeds I used today, now just wish there was a faster way to by pass the T7 grind to 30! :P ARRRRR!

Edited by Poison.Ivy
added info

Posted

I've noticed though that in the horse market, the tier categories you can choose from. It does list Tier 8. It along with tier 7 are always empty though when I look. So I think you are able to get tier 8's if extremely lucky. Iam going to try once I get a pair that has at least 8 combined in black or white. The way that the GM said requires good skill level sounds like you may have to be high level in training. I hope me being artisan 1 in horse training is enough. Unless he means horse must be high level?? I haven't bred T7's yet so don't know.

I will if I ever get the colours I want. I have 1 male (g) and 1 female (d) I maxed both out to lvl 30. Just need a male the same colour as her for a try at white. Or at least another female for the male that is not white or black dominant.

Posted

I've noticed though that in the horse market, the tier categories you can choose from. It does list Tier 8. It along with tier 7 are always empty though when I look. So I think you are able to get tier 8's if extremely lucky. Iam going to try once I get a pair that has at least 8 combined in black or white. The way that the GM said requires good skill level sounds like you may have to be high level in training. I hope me being artisan 1 in horse training is enough. Unless he means horse must be high level?? I haven't bred T7's yet so don't know.

I will if I ever get the colours I want. I have 1 male (g) and 1 female (d) I maxed both out to lvl 30. Just need a male the same colour as her for a try at white. Or at least another female for the male that is not white or black dominant.

Good luck, can't wait to see more people give it a shot :)

Posted (edited)

Makes me wonder if Daum's goal is to make people not breed anymore. I think its bullshit that they wouldnt let us know whether tier 8's are in game or not. The UNO horse market is bare, I have taken a look at tier 4 5  6 off and on for the last two or three days, a total of maybe 5 of all 3 tiers is on market average maybe at any given time.

Edited by Tabri