• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Horse Breeding / Findings MegaThread

27,967 posts in this topic

Posted

I decided to lvl T7 single. I think I´d get mad, staring for weeks at the same horses at the same wagon.. o__o

To be honest, most of the time I grow impatient when it comes to the last few levels - like now, my T7 mare only needs one more level to breed aaaand I'm riding her single :D

Posted (edited)

I think they have a higher regional number though which makes it possible for them :(

Like PoisonIvy wrote, it looks like Korea is running a different breeding code from RU and EU/NA. Which is why I am holding on to my T7 collection until we get the Korean breeding code.

These two sites have an accurate calculator for our current breeding rates: http://www.somethinglovely.net/bdo/horses/ or the Russian calc http://bdo.horse/?page_id=110. Our region rate is currently 10.

Oh well. I don't really care because I had 3 T7 stallions and only 1 T7 mare, so I need to get more mares either way. If I get a T8 from those breedings then great, if not it's okay. It's the first I've heard of a regional number. According to that calculator, we can't get T8 mares, but from a tweet that was posted earlier, we're supposed to be able to get them.

Edited by Kinna

Posted (edited)

Oh well. I don't really care because I had 3 T7 stallions and only 1 T7 mare, so I need to get more mares either way. If I get a T8 from those breedings then great, if not it's okay. It's the first I've heard of a regional number. According to that calculator, we can't get T8 mares, but from a tweet that was posted earlier, we're supposed to be able to get them.

We CAN get T8 mares - but only from breeding a T8 (T8 + T7 minimum threshold for T8 female).

So no one will be getting any T8 females until we start breeding our T8 males :)

Edited by Floop_Catt

Posted

We CAN get T8 mares - but only from breeding a T8 (T8 + T7 minimum threshold for T8 female).

So no one will be getting any T8 females until we start breeding our T8 males :)

Hmm I see. Well I'll keep doing what I was doing to try to get more T7 mares then.

Posted

Hmm I see. Well I'll keep doing what I was doing to try to get more T7 mares then.

Good luck! :D

Posted

As someone with 3 T7 males and only one T7 female... I might try that. After the current wagon (4 chances at T7), depending on the results, I'll decide what I'll do, but I really might, out of desperation, breed my T7 males with T6 females.

Posted

As someone with 3 T7 males and only one T7 female... I might try that. After the current wagon (4 chances at T7), depending on the results, I'll decide what I'll do, but I really might, out of desperation, breed my T7 males with T6 females.

I'm in the same boat, 1 T7 female and 6 T7 males.  I tried breeding one of my males to a couple T6 females and received ... more T6 females. :/ Now I'm just going to hold on to my T7 males and keep breeding my other horses to try for female T7s.

I really hope they make it possible to breed for T8 using T6 sooner rather than later because I don't have the greatest luck getting T7 females.

Posted

So guys,

so far i made breed between 6 horses t7 all lvl 30. And guess what.. t6 female and t7 male only -.-

What the hell is the chance for t8?

I exchanged 2 horses worth together more than 100kk silver... got t6 >.<

Posted

So guys,

so far i made breed between 6 horses t7 all lvl 30. And guess what.. t6 female and t7 male only -.-

What the hell is the chance for t8?

I exchanged 2 horses worth together more than 100kk silver... got t6 >.<

i think that, currently, chance to get T8 male is just short of 9%

I'm in the same boat, 1 T7 female and 6 T7 males.  I tried breeding one of my males to a couple T6 females and received ... more T6 females. :/ Now I'm just going to hold on to my T7 males and keep breeding my other horses to try for female T7s.

I really hope they make it possible to breed for T8 using T6 sooner rather than later because I don't have the greatest luck getting T7 females.

I'm just waiting for the wagon I'm leveling now to see what I'll do. After that I really need to clear up all my T4 and T5 too.

Posted

How much cost a lvl 1 T8 ? 

Posted

How much cost a lvl 1 T8 ? 

Mine cost 34 mil at level one with hind kick as its first skill. I'm sure it varies based on the skill they're born with and females will cost more.

Posted

Hey all,

I've updated the Horse Calculator over at http://www.somethinglovely.net/bdo/horses/ (updating the breeding factor from 9 to 10), but it would be great if people with a bit more experience with the updated horse breeding could just check the site over for me to check I have the calculation right and it is giving the expected results?

The calculation I'm using is:

resultGrade = (
    (maleGrade    + maleLevel   * breedingFactor) * (100 - (maleDeaths   * 0.5) )
    +
    (femaleGrade  + femaleLevel * breedingFactor) * (100 - (femaleDeaths * 0.5) )
  ) / 2 / 100;

where breedingFactor is now 10

I will try to check it tonite, I am on my phone now so I cant, I need upgrade my personel spreadsheet calc because it had an error when grade is higher than 700. Before I thought everything scaled lineraly so simple equatons were used. But after I posted some horse math last week, I notced the max fawn scales linearly (by 31) only up to 700 giving 600, then it repeats 600 two times, goes to 630 then repeats the maxes at 660. This number determines percentage of max horse chance & the range (max fawn - min fawn) I will need to add a corrrection.

Also I can easily change my region code from 9 to 10

Posted (edited)

Has there ever been any conclusions on whether or not smart vs dumb horse affects beeding?  I ask this because I have one of the world's stupidest T7s.  She's level 17 and has learned 6 skills.  Hind Kick, Fore Chop, Start Accel, High Jump, Quick Back and Roar....yeah...she's not the brightest ever.

So I was wondering how this will affect breeding, if at all.

I just want to add, that there is a tool tip from the game (seen ingame) and it says that horses with rare/special skills are more likely to have better foals. Ive tested some 'stupid pairings because of this (a few with really "low" skills like hind kick, fore chop, high jump..) and got no T7 outta those. Tested some 'clever' pairings as well, I did not look for a lot of skills but for 'special' ones, like side walks, drift, sprint, insta accel, two-seater, and I got quite a lot of female T7 - and a white purebreed.

Could be all luck and stuff, but I'll keep following the road to pair especially clever horses, especially when it comes to T8. I also think that it might be more important that the stallion is the clever one with some rare skills.

Im not into superstition but I have read the tool tip ingame (right under the chat box), I'll try to make a screenshot.

Edit: Here ya go. Its in German though, but its tool tip #272

2016-08-14_761692594.jpg

Its says:

Horses with certain talents have higher chances to have high classed foals (not only for breeding, also for exchange).

Maybe someone can screenshot the english tooltip?

Edited by Maevan
2 people like this

Posted

I just want to add, that there is a tool tip from the game (seen ingame) and it says that horses with rare/special skills are more likely to have better foals. Ive tested some 'stupid pairings because of this (a few with really "low" skills like hind kick, fore chop, high jump..) and got no T7 outta those. Tested some 'clever' pairings as well, I did not look for a lot of skills but for 'special' ones, like side walks, drift, sprint, insta accel, two-seater, and I got quite a lot of female T7 - and a white purebreed.

Could be all luck and stuff, but I'll keep following the road to pair especially clever horses, especially when it comes to T8. I also think that it might be more important that the stallion is the clever one with some rare skills.

Im not into superstition but I have read the tool tip ingame (right under the chat box), I'll try to make a screenshot.

i personaly can't confirm that. I got pretty much all my T7 from stupid horses ( T5 T6 with max 10skills at lvl 25/26 and rarely any of them learnt anything interesting) 

i got my t8 from a dumb t7c female and clever t7j male

also the tooltip used to say a lot of wrong stuff. Turned it off long ago.

but keep monitorong it. For science!

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Maybe someone can screenshot the english tooltip?

tg1cfkb.png

This is the english tooltip :3

Anyway, my only T7 came from a couple with really bad skills (still RNG) and she was a potato horse, so I still think parents' skills have something to do with foal skills >.<

Edited by Aeryeen
2 people like this

Posted

I've had some really smart horse parents (both with 12+ skills and premium skills too) ... have extremely disappointing foals. Also the opposite for really potato horses having smart foals. :/ RNG is just too random.

Posted

So i just got a Purebreed T7A out of 2 x T7G's YAY!

My question is is it worth using the Mount brand spell stone on this? What are your experiences with this item?

1 person likes this

Posted

I guess today was my lucky day... as I've put these 2 horses in the love stables:

male T7E lvl 30 GTZPGF4.pngx female T7I lvl 26 dXhS0q1.png

and they gave me this foal: male T8C mTKPEO8.png (born with Drift)

sooooooo happy!!! named the gorgeous "Duke", a fitting name, me thinks :D

it was my first breeding attempt with t7's.. so RNG was very kind to me today! :$

2016-08-14_3315941.JPG

16 people like this

Posted

I guess today was my lucky day... as I've put these 2 horses in the love stables:

male T7E lvl 30 GTZPGF4.pngx female T7I lvl 26 dXhS0q1.png

and they gave me this foal: male T8C mTKPEO8.png (born with Drift)

sooooooo happy!!! named the gorgeous "Duke", a fitting name, me thinks :D

it was my first breeding attempt with t7's.. so RNG was very kind to me today! :$

2016-08-14_3315941.JPG

To much luck to much ;) and the female was rly lvl 26?

Posted

his mother is a t7 lvl 26, indeed :)

and I based my attempt on this breeding calculator:

http://www.somethinglovely.net/bdo/horses/

(as my usual calculator http://www.blackd.de/horse/ isn't updated yet with possible t8 outcome)

yeah i check'd the first link ^^ im so afraid to try it with my t7's 

Posted

Neither of the T8 purebreds can learn two seater can they? My favorite is the white but I may have to gun for a different one if the black and white can't have two riders. 

Posted (edited)

I have decided to wait until the region code goes up again before I breed my T7. I'm just going to use this time to breed as many T7s as I can and use up all my T6 stock.

Anyway my results since the patch, seem to be getting a lot more pure breeds (especially black ones) and T5s unfortunately.

DMrVolb.jpg

I was very surprised and so so happy with the T7 female I got for an exchange right after getting another 7A :D

Edited by Quinntessa
Mistake on the spreadsheet

Posted

Friend of mine told me "not all tier 8's are out yet" is that true? Will there be more?

Posted

Friend of mine told me "not all tier 8's are out yet" is that true? Will there be more?

All of the tier 8 horses are out. As far as I know there are only 5 of them and I've seen screenshots posted of each one.