• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Horse Breeding / Findings MegaThread

27,967 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Latest list of results (tries for T7 only)

Hidden Content

I seem to be getting more T5's than I used to get before they upped the region rate and quiet a few times I've gotten a replica of one of the parent horses 9_9

just curious, why did u pick lvl 21/21 to breed? isn't better time-wise to get them to lvl 19/20 for the same odds as 21/21,  or 24/25 for better odds! 

also gratz on the T7 Female :) 

Edited by iNmr
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

T7D lvl 30 F 106kp4q.thumb.png.8cc3d25c0a36fbb38bc79c + T7E lvl 30 M GTZPGF4.png = T6P F 760267c800ff0176a1135803e2ca2946.jpg 

these are the only T7s I have and I can't reset because I can't really afford to buy one atm and I can't exchange because I use the T7D as my main horse right now. Feels bad.

did any of your horses have deaths? :-o

Edited by Lobselvith

Posted (edited)

did you horses have any deaths? :-o

No deaths. Just bad RNG.

Edited by Namoo
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

just curious, why did u pick lvl 21/21 to breed? isn't better time-wise to get them to lvl 19/20 for the same odds as 21/21,  or 24/25 for better odds! 

also gratz on the T7 Female :) 

Yes you are right, however I left them running on a wagon over night, they were all level 19 when I went to sleep and had just pinged 21 when I managed to drag myself out of bed the next morning...^_^ thanks. Her name could have been a bit better thought out but I wasn't really expecting a brown horse lol

Edited by Quinntessa

Posted (edited)

No deaths. Just bad RNG.

I've been having the same issue, getting T5 Females or T6 Females. Just bred my L30 T6 M + L30 T7 F and wound up with a T6F. I have two more T7s to try, but I'm not expecting anything higher than T6 at this point. 

Edited by Islarose

Posted (edited)

I've been having the same issue, getting T5 Females or T6 Females. Just bred my L30 T6 M + L30 T7 F and wound up with a T6F. I have two more T7s to try, but I'm not expecting anything higher than T6 at this point. 

It's honestly just really unfortunate :/ I mean I wasn't getting my hopes up for a T8 because the RNG in this game is so brutal but I was at least hoping I'd get another T7. This same thing happened to me last time I attempted to get a T7 out of a T6 pair where my first breed was a lucky T7 (the T7E above) and then the reset was a T5 F, exchange was another T5 F.  Now I just have all girls and no boys lol

Edited by Namoo

Posted

Still waiting on getting T7 males, my only three T7's, all female. Makes it difficult to try for T8 with that. That and rng seems to be hating me lately, must be a dozen breeds with a chance at t7, nadda.

Still waiting on getting T7 males, my only three T7's, all female. Makes it difficult to try for T8 with that. That and rng seems to be hating me lately, must be a dozen breeds with a chance at t7, nadda.

Posted

Where are people getting their %s and new target levels from? The horse calculator doesn't seem to have been updated.

Posted (edited)

Where are people getting their %s and new target levels from? The horse calculator doesn't seem to have been updated.

Hi,

This one is up-to-date:

http://www.somethinglovely.net/bdo/horses

Good luck ;)

Edited by Makoto
2 people like this

Posted

We now have two options - lower tier horses can be sold right at the stable to an NPC.  Horses over level 15 can be sold to Imperial Trainer in Calpheon (thats the only one I know) and you get seals out of it.  I think its a good thing, there were many times where higher tier horses (and lower tier horses with expensive skills) just would not sell due to their specific skills (people want cheap horses for breeding).  Also we now can sell excess females instead of exchanging them with a low tier horse just to get them out of the stables.

It's bad for those who relied on the horse market as a source of cheap horses to breed however. Now it seems everything is selling due to demand, we used to have pages of T6s on Edan...I could not sell some of my horses because of the abundance of cheaper ones.  We still have a couple of pages of them usually, but yeah, lots of donkeys.

Also the old Conqueror horse can be sold at the Imperial Trader, for those who didn't know this.  This was a T5 horse that had limited breeding as well as being unable to exchange or sell.  You still cannot exchange them however.

I sold tire 3 Horses  in velia for medals.

Posted

Attempts #10, 11, 12...

T7E Lv30 Male GTZPGF4.png + T7D Lv26 Female 106kp4q.png = T6N Female 7xQiHla.png"Lady"

T7C Lv30 Male (3 deaths) 6jTDEbs.png + T7i Female Lv29 dXhS0q1.png = T6C Female PQdPVSt.png + T7i Male dXhS0q1.png"Cyprus"

Started training the T6N since she came with Sprint as her starting skill, so far she is quite lovely... <3

kXEOoeU.png

3 people like this

Posted

Guys have one question... on this calculator http://www.somethinglovely.net/bdo/horses/

2xt5 lvl 26 gives you chance for both T7 Is that correct did some one try to get any T7 on this lvl? As far as i know getting T7 from T5 they need to be lvl29...

Posted (edited)

Guys have one question... on this calculator http://www.somethinglovely.net/bdo/horses/

2xt5 lvl 26 gives you chance for both T7 Is that correct did some one try to get any T7 on this lvl? As far as i know getting T7 from T5 they need to be lvl29...

According to the other calculator (BlackD.de), it's possible indeed. Didn't try that combo myself though...

Misread... the Black.de announces Male only indeed. I don't know if that difference comes from last update or not however. I'll try to look around to catch more info.

Edited by Makoto
1 person likes this

Posted

You remember when the second to last patch stated that we have an increased chance to get higher tier horses, and then people started showing breeds that proved that?  It was because our regional rating went from 9 to 10, lowering breeding threshold levels.  The blackd.de horse calculator became out of date.  The newer, somethinglovely was updated to our new regional rating so it is accurate.  If you want a chance to get a male and female T7 your T5s must be lvl26, as you stated.  

I have bred at the newer levels, and it is accurate.

Posted

According to the other calculator (BlackD.de), it's possible indeed. Didn't try that combo myself though...

Misread... the Black.de announces Male only indeed. I don't know if that difference comes from last update or not however. I'll try to look around to catch more info.

Ty.

You remember when the second to last patch stated that we have an increased chance to get higher tier horses, and then people started showing breeds that proved that?  It was because our regional rating went from 9 to 10, lowering breeding threshold levels.  The blackd.de horse calculator became out of date.  The newer, somethinglovely was updated to our new regional rating so it is accurate.  If you want a chance to get a male and female T7 your T5s must be lvl26, as you stated.  

I have bred at the newer levels, and it is accurate.

Never bred at lvl 26 only 29 and they did give me T7, will try this time on 26, ty ...

Posted (edited)

Grats everyone on their T8! I can't go for it yet, as I only been able to breed one T7 and happened few days before patch where T8 were included haha, i'm so behind~ Anyways! This is the only T7 i breed and he turned out to be my best horse! o; so happy ♡

http://puu.sh/qKiUn/4a753b1198.jpg

He was born with Two-seater and learned Sprint, Drift and Instant Accel :'D Never been so lucky with skills!.

d7560ae1a1.jpg

Edited by Lyu
typo~
9 people like this

Posted (edited)

Yes the calc on the indicated website is accurate.  It is my favorite horse calc.  I bred a few T5's this weekend and got 2 T7's.  

7 breeds and 2 exchanges and I ended up with 1 T5 female, 4 T6 males, 2 T6 females and 1 T7 male and 1 T7 female.  All the T5's pairings were either lvl 23 + lvl 30, lvl 24 + lvl 28, or lvl 25 + lvl 28.  

It turned out to be my most successful breeding weekend!

T5E F lvl 23 7wq9xH7.png + T5H M lvl 30 cdCBeTB.png = T7J M sCSjdho.png

T5I F lvl 25 PLTahbx.png + T5B M lvl 28 oOC6Pmg.png = T7E F GTZPGF4.png

Edited by Cinnamin
3 people like this

Posted

Grats everyone on their T8! I can't go for it yet, as I only been able to breed one T7 and happened few days before patch where T8 were included haha, i'm so behind~ Anyways! This is the only T7 i breed and he turned out to be my best horse! o; so happy ♡

http://puu.sh/qKiUn/4a753b1198.jpg

He was born with Two-seater and learned Sprint, Drift and Instant Accel :'D Never been so lucky with skills!.

d7560ae1a1.jpg

I have the same T7 with that same name but female :D 

1 person likes this

Posted

I may have neglected to mention the 4 fails I had before my 1 success in breeding for a t8. The 3 t6s didn't seem worth celebrating about. 9_9

true but even so that is 20% success rate

and a crazy amount of people have posted that they have gotten their T8 in first or second try

just seems way more than 8%

Posted

I've tried 2 breeds for T8 so far.  I'm not in a big hurry to blow through my potential breeding stock as I've not had the best luck getting T7s.  I also stopped exclusively running horses when AFK and started fishing more.  My results for my 2 attempts:

T7H lvl 30 male + T7D lvl 30 female gave T6Q female then on reset gave T7E male.  I won't exchange the male as he is one of my main mounts with nice stats and skills.  I've got the new male to lvl 28 and will breed him with a different female once leveled, then exchange him with the above female.  I'm of a mind to keep most of my T7s for when they make it possible to breed male and female.  Sorry for no visuals but work makes it difficult to post them.

Posted

T7.thumb.JPG.329097365be24641c117b0471e8T7 male level 30 + T7female.thumb.JPG.ad293d6e7cc9825afd739  T7 female level 26

My second T8 attempt (first attempt was a blunder and accidentally bred a T7 and T6 :()

A male T8!!!!!

T8male_Olympus.thumb.JPG.ac3542ec073931e

I am so happy xD

6 people like this

Posted

true but even so that is 20% success rate

and a crazy amount of people have posted that they have gotten their T8 in first or second try

just seems way more than 8%

As has been said coach, loads of people would have had T7 lvl 30 lined up for weeks before the patch came. I had 5 sitting in my stables. Would you like me to tell you how many T6s I got? I didn't feel like celebrating. I didn't even get a replacement T7. You'll find people in the same boat wont be keen to show off their shiny new female T6s. Nobody likes  downgrade.

3 people like this

Posted

Bit off topic but any one that do not use horse breeding reset has T7 E female they can sale? If you're saving it for exchange I can sell it back to you after I use the breeding reset. YO'll lose few min on taxes which I can make it up on special foods.

GTZPGF4.png

Posted

As has been said coach, loads of people would have had T7 lvl 30 lined up for weeks before the patch came. I had 5 sitting in my stables. Would you like me to tell you how many T6s I got? I didn't feel like celebrating. I didn't even get a replacement T7. You'll find people in the same boat wont be keen to show off their shiny new female T6s. Nobody likes  downgrade.

I had 16 T7 in my stables waiting for T8 release. I had 28 failures before I got my first T8 and I am artisan 3 Trainer so that's a useless thing. Since then I have bred and exchanged approx 10 times and got all mostly all T6 and even T6 males. I don't even count now as its so pathetic. I had better luck getting T7 breeding T6 + T6. I am really thinking now of getting my horses to 30 and waiting for them to fix the % as its crap atm. You would be right, loads of people ARE failing but not reporting it. My husband bred his T8 30 plus T7 30 and received 2x T6. he has decided to wait for the better % for the reset 2 male breeds left on the T8 as was bitterly disappointed.

4 people like this