• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Horse Breeding / Findings MegaThread

27,967 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Congratulations Aastrid... any chance of you posting a video?

Hi sorry i didnt record it, however around 1-2 pages back someone shared a video of it from YT ^^ 

Edited by Aastrid

Posted

yeah, for about the past ten pages or so, we have been discussing why they "stop" learning many skills at level 20-22ish

they run out of "easy" skills to learn and the premium ones take a lot more RNG luck to hit

Depends on which skills his horses has left. My T8 didn´t learn any skill between 22 and 30 and caution was among those missing skills. I think the overall chance of learning a skills after level up doesn´t increase it decreases xD somebody translated the screen message wrong or something... :ph34r:

1 person likes this

Posted

Hello everyone, I am just getting into the whole breeding thing and wanted to ask a few quick questions:

1. What is the most efficient way to Level up your horses? Solo or with a wagon? Are there some buffs, Foods, etc. that I shouldn't miss?

2. Is there by any Chance an updated 'horse calculator'? Would like to know my chances before breeding...

Thanks in advance! :D

Posted

Hello everyone, I am just getting into the whole breeding thing and wanted to ask a few quick questions:

1. What is the most efficient way to Level up your horses? Solo or with a wagon? Are there some buffs, Foods, etc. that I shouldn't miss?

2. Is there by any Chance an updated 'horse calculator'? Would like to know my chances before breeding...

Thanks in advance! :D

1- Merchant wagon leveling 4x horses is the most efficient way atm. 

2- http://www.somethinglovely.net/bdo/horses/

Posted (edited)

I have the opposite problem, I can't get a T7 female to save my life. I've even decided to try breeding a couple of my T7 males to T6 females to see if just maybe they'll give me T7 females (and an outside chance at T8), but I'm not holding my breath. :S

I'm in the same situation. 7 of my first 9 T7s were female. After that it has been a sausage party. 

The T7 + T6 breed is the best thing to do. I'm using up T7s that can't help with a T8E which is my end goal. At the 57 breakpoint there's a 26% chance of a T7 female and a bonus 8% chance of a T8 male. Most other breedings that people try for T7s only have a 9% ish chance of a female.  

My first T7 + T6 @ 57 should be available this evening. /crosses fingers

Edited by Impulse

Posted

value pack will give you 10% horse exp. there´re also horse elixirs which give 8% horse exp for 5mins, so quite useless. get yourself trainer´s clothes and enchant them. buy the trainer outfit from cash shop <- basic stuff

Posted (edited)

Rou, you've probably bred more attempts than myself but just wanted to let you know I'm in the pool of breeding pain too, here are all my T8 attempts so far (I'm salty af!

im atm in the mod (no more stress) maybe a t8 will come to me or not but i swear i have one when we have t9 :D so the same for u :) we get one for sure, not today not tomorrow but soon :x and yeah we will be happier than others because we "fight" for so long :x

Edited by Rou
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

So after 10 or so breeding attempts at T8 (I stopped counting and paying attention to the colors I breed, my motivation for this has dropped by a lot after 5 months) and a huge wave of T6 females, I finally got a 3rd T7 female. She started off really well with 6 skills by lvl 9, including charge and instant accel, but now she's lvl 20 and hasn't learned anything else...  RIP Fennel. 9_9

Edit: I trained 3 T6 females without the horse costume for a change and they did significantly better than all my other horses recently. I didn't put it on the T7 I mentioned above, so I think that it's just rng and the costume isn't necessarily bugged. 

Edited by Kinna

Posted

I have the opposite problem, I can't get a T7 female to save my life. I've even decided to try breeding a couple of my T7 males to T6 females to see if just maybe they'll give me T7 females (and an outside chance at T8), but I'm not holding my breath. :S

same here.. it seems very difficult to breed a T7 female.. my 6 T7 males are waiting very impatiently, but so far, I've only had 1 female T7 foal (out of 50 tries) O.o

Posted

took the horse compilation sheet and added my personal notes and thoughts about skins n such : P
http://imgur.com/a/F2fAr

4 people like this

Posted

just got my first T8 *freaks out* xD

19-9-T8-Nr1.thumb.png.540e7fa954503c164b

2016-09-19_215662846.thumb.JPG.8141e80f8

2016-09-19_215416087.thumb.JPG.659d368f4

2016-09-19_215597086.thumb.JPG.a4344ad06

11 people like this

Posted

2016-09-19_215416087.thumb.JPG.659d368f4

2016-09-19_215597086.thumb.JPG.a4344ad06

*swoons*

Congratulations! He's gorgeous!

1 person likes this

Posted

congratulations!! xD and great name!! 

1 person likes this

Posted

Emylee, I love that name, such a great choice and might borrow it if I ever get a black one too!  Nice to see you got a result from a T7 and T6 breeding too. 

Now this is very important.  I have been dabbling in some of the other forum posts, reading, a couple of times posting and       the horse community has the best, most supportive, funniest and wonderful people in this game.:x  I would buy you all a beer if my workers didn't drink all of it!  Wish we were all on the same server together, so many horse exchanges would be going on!

11 people like this

Posted

Emylee, I love that name, such a great choice and might borrow it if I ever get a black one too!  Nice to see you got a result from a T7 and T6 breeding too. 

Now this is very important.  I have been dabbling in some of the other forum posts, reading, a couple of times posting and       the horse community has the best, most supportive, funniest and wonderful people in this game.:x  I would buy you all a beer if my workers didn't drink all of it!  Wish we were all on the same server together, so many horse exchanges would be going on!

The horse stock exchange xD

Posted (edited)

Data is always useful especially when it include T8's so I hope this is useful for someone.

First T8 success pair:

ed5c0832685cc5da6f5326415ca7ac8c.png

Got a T6 female first breed 

Second Breed                                   Exchange

e3ee9bc6343639bdb53e657e8d528772.png    e3ee9bc6343639bdb53e657e8d528772.png 

Both are male. One was a serious potato, the other one learned 17/20 skills.

Most recent attempt:

003ba7cca1a4d7e327ad4941c66b95a4.png

Female T6 for first breed.

Second breed T8B FEMALE e3ee9bc6343639bdb53e657e8d528772.png   Exchange was Female T6 garbage

Female this time at least but I am quite sick of this slowest T8.

Edited by Koutomi

Posted

Data is always useful especially when it include T8's so I hope this is useful for someone.

First T8 success pair:

Hidden Content

Most recent attempt:

Hidden Content

Grats! super good luck :D I love this skin! :x

Posted

Grats! super good luck :D I love this skin! :x

So sloooooow though. QwQ I really want T8E or even T8A.

Posted

I just remembered I wanted to share this screenshot of my t8a in it´s final dye form lel. I don´t dare using him as combat mount yet because I don´t wanns spend money on death resets....

2016-09-14_29697440.thumb.JPG.f0ee628d12

gratz on those t8e´s!

3 people like this

Posted

Loving those T8s.

Like:

tumblr_m5tuylhJrs1rqlfp9.thumb.gif.c3f7f

The highest horses I currently have are T6s so frustrating because I went though a period of breeding all stallions and then suddenly it changed to getting a mare and a stallion. Suddenly my last breeding I got two T6s mares so now I have no stallions. Means I need to level two lower Tier horses in the hope of getting a stud for my mares. 129949_original.thumb.png.1a2dee04ed9386

1 person likes this

Posted

So sloooooow though. QwQ I really want T8E or even T8A.

I have a T8E & T8A at the moment, My T8E is smarter and already lvl 30 with IA, Sprint and two seater (14 total) . My T8A however is level 25 with 12 skills, the best one being drift xD

Posted

I have spotted you outside the horse forum occasionally, I have been out there too. It is so toxic out there with Wahhh p2w....wahhh f2p.....waaa server merge. Jumping from one perceived doomsday to the next like a ping pong ball in a dryer.  This thread is a balm, humor, support, nice people. Shared disappointment lol.

My horse main is Daelyn on Orwen generally Valencia 2 and occasionally I will venture to the rp channel of Calph 02. So, wave at me if any are there. Sitting around 15th on the training boards, in my own little lonely now one person guild hehe. Family name is TNaersal.

Posted

I'd been so discouraged but my husband encouraged me to go ahead and try once more with the T7 I'd bred for him so long ago.  So we coordinated him putting his boy up on the market and I bred it to one of my T6s.

8e866a2dd260770884cdc262ff891fcb.jpg Level 30, no deaths to 4d92eee624ede01edcbce9c4cb1a7adf.jpg Level 28, no deaths.... At first I thought, it was just another T6...but upon closer inspection...

3bce1332fbea7e98e08c6262ba0075ce.jpg T8

2016-09-19_462631475.JPG

10 people like this

Posted

I'd been so discouraged but my husband encouraged me to go ahead and try once more with the T7 I'd bred for him so long ago.  So we coordinated him putting his boy up on the market and I bred it to one of my T6s.

Your husband is a sweetie!! Congrats :D

Aeryeen,

One of the female T7s in my latest breedings (see above) learned 14 skills including two seater.  I used tw0 coupons to get sideways on her at level 30.  I always keep track of when they learned skills and she went like this, with the first number representing the level:  1-HK, 2-SA, 5-Roar, 7-FC, 11-SJ, 13-QB, 15-Sprint, 16- High Jump,17-QR, 18- Instant Accel, 20-Drift, 21-Quick Stop, 29-Charge, 30-2 seater    

I don't know where you are in the levels, but they can learn things later on.  Having said that, I have had several high tier horses just quit on me around level 20. Hope you get one like my female who did keep learning.

Thank you for giving me hope, but they're a few levels from reaching 30 and still almost no skills and none of the good ones. It took me many, many months to get my first T7 and I thought I was finally being lucky, but it seems I'm stuck with potato horses. At least I have two decent T6s :_)

Posted (edited)

Your husband is a sweetie!! Congrats :D

Thank you for giving me hope, but they're a few levels from reaching 30 and still almost no skills and none of the good ones. It took me many, many months to get my first T7 and I thought I was finally being lucky, but it seems I'm stuck with potato horses. At least I have two decent T6s :_)

Thank you...he is... I also want to say that Ramblinrose is really a sweetie too.... She's so willing to jump in and try to keep people from giving up.  And she's right that so many people here make this space a lot nicer than the rest of the forum.  I'm going to name a few names but there are so many more... Quintessa, Coach, Aastrid, RainbowRat, Rou, Impulse, Aeryeen., Ashwynn, Ivernalia, Poison Ivy...just a few of the people who've helped make this an interesting and enjoyable place.

Edited by Shaynae
5 people like this