• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Horse Breeding / Findings MegaThread

27,967 posts in this topic

Posted

hm just got T7 male from breeding T6 male 20 and T6 female 16. So that combination proved it works too. End of experiments for now, till they increase the regional number :) 

Hmm very interesting. I've always bred my horses at the minumum threshold (i.e. T6-lvl 22, T5-lvl 29) at the very least but the one time I finally did get my first T7 was with a T5 female lvl 19 and T6 lvl 21 (I was angry and tossed them in early) before the region rate increase. So its seems to me that for some reason the lower your threshold the better chances instead of the other way around. So its interesting to see the same thing seemingly happen to others as well. I should just start tossing in random leveled horses with no care in the world and probably end up more successful :P

Posted

Moonlight2.JPG

Lol, my Stegosaurus in Ark have same name :D 

Posted

Was no mistake there were no other horses in this stable but the two being bred, both tier 6 one is level 23 the other is level 22.

I will do one of two things if this persists I will either quit the game because of having to level tier 6 horses on a wagon for 4 days to get a tier 3 horse that I can catch in the wild in one minute(actually the one you catch is better than the one I got) or I will level all my horses including tier 6 and stick them in storage till they fix whatever I think they broke.

how many deaths did the horses have?

Posted

Hmm very interesting. I've always bred my horses at the minumum threshold (i.e. T6-lvl 22, T5-lvl 29) at the very least but the one time I finally did get my first T7 was with a T5 female lvl 19 and T6 lvl 21 (I was angry and tossed them in early) before the region rate increase. So its seems to me that for some reason the lower your threshold the better chances instead of the other way around. So its interesting to see the same thing seemingly happen to others as well. I should just start tossing in random leveled horses with no care in the world and probably end up more successful :P

I try to follow the calculator, but yes I know one thing that I have failed when I bred at maximum threshold too, so in my opinion it's a waste of time maybe to go for max. I say maybe though, because from my experience I notice that in the low threshold attempts I did, I got 2 t7 males and when failed I got t6 males again and only 1 t5 female. So maybe it's a coinsidence or there is more luck to get females if we breed parents at higher/highest thresholds? Maybe system is telling us "since you failed to get a t7 get a female  lower tier at least so you don't cry! " dunno :P But seriously now I need to get 2 T7 females that's why I am thinking of all these.

Posted

how many deaths did the horses have?

Zero

Posted

Zero

mind sending a ticket? if we do hit bugs we should report them...

Posted

I really hope this result was caused by a bug, but I'm afraid it could be something else... I mean, when you play role playing games with dices, if you get the lowest possible number, it's a "critical fail", so if they added this functionnality to the game, getting low tiers from high tier horses would be rare, but possible.

Of course I hope it means we can also get high tier horses from low ones if we get the maximum number.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

mind sending a ticket? if we do hit bugs we should report them...

Also now my male is showing a breed left on him both females have none left on them that I bred him to. I got a tier 3 and a tier 5 foal from 2 breeds so far like the parents are low level horses or something. I cant exchange as it shows the male is still breedable when he shouldnt be(1 breed left). Im going to put him in storage along with these females and not breed anymore for now something is -----ed up.

Im done breeding for a long time maybe when they fix their shit I might do so again by then my horses will be already leveled. G/L all hope you dont get this messed up bug that I just got, a week of work down the toilet.

Edited by Tabri

Posted

I really hope this result was caused by a bug, but I'm afraid it could be something else... I mean, when you play role playing games with dices, if you get the lowest possible number, it's a "critical fail", so if they added this functionnality to the game, getting low tiers from high tier horses would be rare, but possible.

Of course I hope it means we can also get high tier horses from low ones if we get the maximum number.

yeah basically they could tell us everything. "Sorry mate, working as intended bad luck" but that shouldn´t keep us from reporting. The guys at support probably don´t even have a clue about this and just repeat their standard phrase but maybe, some day, one of us gets a guy who actually forwards something : P

Also now my male is showing a breed left on him both females have none left on them that I bred him to. I got a tier 3 and a tier 5 foal from 2 breeds so far like the parents are low level horses or something. I cant exchange as it shows the male is still breedable when he shouldnt be(1 breed left). Im going to put him in storage along with these females and not breed anymore for now something is -----ed up.

make some screens and state everythign step by step for dummys in a ticket. I think we already had reports about misterious leftover breeds...

Posted

yeah basically they could tell us everything. "Sorry mate, working as intended bad luck" but that shouldn´t keep us from reporting. The guys at support probably don´t even have a clue about this and just repeat their standard phrase but maybe, some day, one of us gets a guy who actually forwards something : P

make some screens and state everythign step by step for dummys in a ticket. I think we already had reports about misterious leftover breeds...

Before I bred the horses my horses were showing duplicates of themselves in the stable I kept closing the stable window and reloading it till it went away. I didnt breed them till I saw only one of each. This was the Altinova stable so be wary I dont know if the others are doing this.

Posted

Of course, what I said was just an hypothesis, I fully agree we should continue reporting the strange breedings till we get an explanation or a bug correction ;)

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I got this trash this morning sold both vendor trash. Tier 6 male to two tier 6 females stable bugged Altinova.

Tier 3 female POS Tier 5 female POS

PLTahbx.thumb.png.6e2b9182244fffc92914b8MhyLn6n.thumb.png.2c8ae62f98b08540f01be5

ParentsnbCSOPz.thumb.png.4077016f9e198bccf56b0e Male tier 6(still breedable after being bred) level 23 both females level 22 Tier 6 8CtSo3I.thumb.png.c84ebcc091260c3fd1508e3AQXzZQ.thumb.png.aa5e2934d3e511471b795e

What a waste. All three horses were smart horses had insta accel, sprint, two seater zero deaths. Just putting this here for warning be careful maybe if you see your horses duplicate themselves in the stable breed somewhere else changing servers does not help I tried that. Im not sure that is a sign but may be.

ok now my only set of barding I have on one horse on my wagon has duplicated and is showing on two horses besides the one that actually is wearing it WTF IS GOING ON? LOL Did I piss off a dev or something? Okay and now I have been kicked from the game WOW.

Edited by Tabri

Posted

Tabi: You said this:  " Also now my male is showing a breed left on him both females have none left on them that I bred him to. I got a tier 3 and a tier 5 foal from 2 breeds so far like the parents are low level horses or something. I cant exchange as it shows the male is still breedable when he shouldnt be(1 breed left). Im going to put him in storage along with these females and not breed anymore for now something is -----ed up."

Is it possible you accidentally hit apply to breed NOT on your own horse list but just general apply and bred the female to a male random T1 ot T2 sitting in the breeding market?  That would explain why your male has a breed left which you cannot understand and would also explain the low tier foal.

Btw, I accidentally bred a level one horse to a fully leveled male T6 because the female I wanted to breed was the same colour and I just didnt look close enough...mistakes do happen. :) 

1 person likes this

Posted

I think my t7D female might prove to be a smartie. Bonnie is level 22 and she has learnt 14 skills, she still has "hope" for High Jump, Quick Ride and Two Seater and she was born with Sideways move.  :) Just 8 levels to go and I hope she will become a proud mom of a purewhite horse (T7 or T8), I don't care :D 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Tabi: You said this:  " Also now my male is showing a breed left on him both females have none left on them that I bred him to. I got a tier 3 and a tier 5 foal from 2 breeds so far like the parents are low level horses or something. I cant exchange as it shows the male is still breedable when he shouldnt be(1 breed left). Im going to put him in storage along with these females and not breed anymore for now something is -----ed up."

Is it possible you accidentally hit apply to breed NOT on your own horse list but just general apply and bred the female to a male random T1 ot T2 sitting in the breeding market?  That would explain why your male has a breed left which you cannot understand and would also explain the low tier foal.

Btw, I accidentally bred a level one horse to a fully leveled male T6 because the female I wanted to breed was the same colour and I just didnt look close enough...mistakes do happen. :) 

There were no horses on the breed market and still are no horses on the breed market nor on the sale market. Zero anything on any horse market of any kind on UNO.

Besides that why would my females have breeds gone and male has one breed gone? I received the foals from my own female horses. I will say this again also there were no other horses in this stable besides the two being bred I cannot choose the wrong horse if there is no horse to choose from to be wrong.

Edited by Tabri

Posted

One breed gone on the male, two breeds total gone on the females.  Therefore your male only bred once and the other female either had immaculate conception or there was a male on the breeding market, low level and a mistake was made when Apply was clicked.  That was my thinking. 

On Edan you often see low tier horses on the breeding market - sometimes I think it is people trying to sell them and using the wrong tab.

Posted

At the end my poor Lorelei ended with 9 skills.2016-09-23_257646.thumb.JPG.b496adc1bb78

At least she has given me another chance:

jB2lpjw.png+0ewCSbT.png=GTZPGF4.pngFemale and 0ewCSbT.pngMale

After many many many T6 females in every combination, t6+t6,t7+t7,t7+t8,t5+t6 in the last weeks.

Posted (edited)

One breed gone on the male, two breeds total gone on the females.  Therefore your male only bred once and the other female either had immaculate conception or there was a male on the breeding market, low level and a mistake was made when Apply was clicked.  That was my thinking. 

On Edan you often see low tier horses on the breeding market - sometimes I think it is people trying to sell them and using the wrong tab.

I personally have never used the breeding market and also I know to click only me when applying for breeding my horses I have been doing this since the game started. I have never ever made the mistake of breeding any of my horses to other horses and I know for a fact I did the same thing I always do this time also and clicked the box for only me . If it did do this then it did it itself.

I chose apply on my male like usual after highlighting my female afterwards it showed my female and male breeding and I got the email saying so then I in turn received my foal from my female like usual.  Same for both breeds normal stuff.

So it duplicated my horses in the stable then probably did something to the settings I dont know but I know for a fact I did not choose to breed anything to anything on the horse market. When I looked at the breed market there were no horses whatsoever on it nor the sale market nothing has come up all morning.

Edited by Tabri

Posted

There were no horses on the breed market and still are no horses on the breed market nor on the sale market. Zero anything on any horse market of any kind on UNO.

Besides that why would my females have breeds gone and male has one breed gone? I received the foals from my own female horses. I will say this again also there were no other horses in this stable besides the two being bred I cannot choose the wrong horse if there is no horse to choose from to be wrong.

Although I'm really sorry this happened to you and all the duplication is very weird and indicates there is something going on... there have been horses on the breeding market on UNO.  I've noticed that there are still a lot of T1s being put up.   

Posted (edited)

Although I'm really sorry this happened to you and all the duplication is very weird and indicates there is something going on... there have been horses on the breeding market on UNO.  I've noticed that there are still a lot of T1s being put up.   

Yes there is off and on but when I looked there were none at the time. I didnt say people dont put them on there.

I took the 3 horses out of the Altinova stable to move them I will do something maybe with them later so I hooked them to my wagon and took my other horses off the wagon and left them in Altinova. My barding is duplicating on the horses taken out of the Altinova stable that were bred they all look like they are wearing barding. I only have one set of barding on one horse btw

I have been booted out of game again that is 3 disconnects. I think Im going to just quit playing today thats it for me yall have a great day.

Edited by Tabri

Posted

SO how do you get a t8 exactly? Two level 30 t7's exclusive?

Posted (edited)

Wow Poison Ivy, you already have four t8 horses :) I will soon be leveling my two t7s that can give me t7 pure white or t8 pure white, I sooo want it to work. Still, can't say I am not happy with my two t8s I got so far.

I think @RainbowRat has 5 tier 8 so a few of us are really lucky so far.

That pair you are going to breed is the magic breeding pair to me :)

if its these -T7D.thumb.JPG.9379182b297fc4c3d43ae8ffce +T7E.thumb.JPG.33356c287c3f4a900cc16714f0

Got my first  tier 8 after 28 attempts then the next perhaps 10 attempts later and say another approx 10 attempts later I got 2 in one pair of breeding the same magic pair you have.

I have done close to another 10 breeds since then so am hoping to be coming up to the next installment of teir 8 really hoping for the Pure Black teir 8 as I really want it as my main if im lucky enough to get one that isn't a potato  :)

This next breeding pair im using is the magic pair also so im feeling hopeful:x

Edited by Poison.Ivy

Posted

Yes there is off and on but when I looked there were none at the time. I didnt say people dont put them on there.

I took the 3 horses out of the Altinova stable to move them I will do something maybe with them later so I hooked them to my wagon and took my other horses off the wagon and left them in Altinova. My barding is duplicating on the horses taken out of the Altinova stable that were bred they all look like they are wearing barding. I only have one set of barding on one horse btw

I have been booted out of game again that is 3 disconnects. I think Im going to just quit playing today thats it for me yall have a great day.

Sounds like maybe your game files are corrupted. Or something seriously buggy is happening at the very least.

Posted (edited)

Ahhh I figured out the bug for my male horse. I put the wrong horse last night into the stable with him it was one already bred with no breeds left. I clicked breed to that female horse and got the message something like "horse has no breeds left". So I left(with that horse btw) and got the proper female and put her into the same stable, my male was still sitting on the breed market waiting to be bred to my horses. I clicked to breed him to the proper female and got the msg that I had to wait 5 hours. I changed servers took him off the breed market and placed him back on, clicked again to have him breed the proper female I had to go back in and click "ME ONLY" and set him to breed. Everything was normal it showed my female and my male breeding got the in game mail etc, she in turn gave me the tier 3 foal this morning.

So now I had to set him to breed again to my other female. I put the next female in the stable with him and did the same thing it showed them breeding in game mail then I got a tier 5 foal.

So he must have used up a breed when it bugged out on the female that had no breeds left.

But how the hell did the two females produce foals? I thought you could not apply to the breed market with a female it had to be a male, and if they both did breed on the breed market somehow it was not by my doing. I followed the procedure the same way I always do it showed them breeding together in the stable window.

Here is what I think.

Male failed breed to the female that had no breeds,which cause one of his breeds to disappear.

Male failed breeding to both females yet the females still produced a random foal, which used their breeds up. So the foals they got were not from my male horse they were just random although I believe my male started the breed process as they were showing breeding something went haywire in between there I guess my male horse was bugged out. Also the horses were duplicating in the stable maybe they bred to a ghost version of my male.

Sounds like maybe your game files are corrupted. Or something seriously buggy is happening at the very least.

Yep I think I figured it out though it is an in game bug when you try to breed a male horse to a female with no breeds left. So everyone make sure you have the right horse :)

Edited by Tabri