• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Horse Breeding / Findings MegaThread

27,967 posts in this topic

Posted

This brings up a question for me... one of my T7s is level 27.  Will it be worth my time to level her the rest of the way to 30 before I sell her?

Posted (edited)

My guess though is the market will be glutted with them soon.  Which means it will be harder to sell the ones without the 'holy trinity' of skills.

There will always be imperial horse trading of course. It is "less" now but unless the tax situation changed it isn't that far behind selling it.

Consider a T7 that sells on the market for $100M. Then:

-- Sell on the market for $100M, taxes are 35%, so get $65M.

-- Imperial trade for $50M. No taxes, so get $50M and 7 seals.

I can't justify ever exchanging a T7 unless you play the game to horse breed and nothing else. Personally I need silver for the night vendor, etc. 

Edited by Impulse
2 people like this

Posted

With the increase in prices, is this really a good thing? Many more T7 and T8 will go up on the market, but they will be far too expensive for most to want to spend money on..

Though I guess if imperial selling it might be okay, but i've never noticed Imperial giving better rates than just plopping up on the market.

Posted

My guess though is the market will be glutted with them soon.  Which means it will be harder to sell the ones without the 'holy trinity' of skills.

I'm thinking it will only improve the market a little as now you've got enough incentive to sell potato T7's rather than exchange them but when you compare the time it takes to get that T7 versus what else you could achieve you're going to get more money grinding, XP and if in the right area a random chance at items worth 10-50 million. Good news for the dedicated breeders though assuming they're not too expensive now.

It's a good thing there's actually some horses available on the market again, it's been a barren wasteland for the longest time.

Posted

I was happier with 7t being cheaper... now I can´t buy males for my leftover females anymore... meh :/

Posted

I'm thinking it will only improve the market a little as now you've got enough incentive to sell potato T7's rather than exchange them but when you compare the time it takes to get that T7 versus what else you could achieve you're going to get more money grinding, XP and if in the right area a random chance at items worth 10-50 million. Good news for the dedicated breeders though assuming they're not too expensive now.

It's a good thing there's actually some horses available on the market again, it's been a barren wasteland for the longest time.

You are right about the market being barren... I already see people in general complaining about how the price hike will keep them from getting a horse.  But I figure as soon as these people try to actually level one, then they might appreciate the time and effort we go through to get the highest tier horses.

Posted

You are right about the market being barren... I already see people in general complaining about how the price hike will keep them from getting a horse.  But I figure as soon as these people try to actually level one, then they might appreciate the time and effort we go through to get the highest tier horses.

I can understand why they're upset about it but if they think they can do it cheaper I wish them the very best of luck.

Their real problem is the lack of horses in general, a really good T6 was better than a lot of T7's but I'm expecting the imperial trading change to mean that there's going to be more low tier horses not any that are especially worth buying.

I would like them to update our version so we can actually use T8 horses for breeding, it's annoying that there's no real point to using a T8 over a T7 for breeding.

Posted

got another T8 Clyde from exchange just before the patch so I'm happy with these changes. I will still exchange T7 as 3 of my 5 T8 are from exchange. I will no longer buy T7 off the market though for exchange focus only on my own stock. 

Posted

No screenshots were taken, but I want to report that it is possible to get a T1 from breeding two T1s after all.

I bred a lv1 wild gray mare with a lv 1 gray stallion purchased at the stable (beginner's emblem, not horse market), and got a T1 brown mare in return.

I think using horses from the Beginner's Emblem may be a key for this. I've never got T1s by breeding horses caught in the wild or bought on the market, no matter their level.

(As for WHY I'm doing this: I'm a collector, and currently trying to get the T2 type D horse. No luck so far!)

Posted

No screenshots were taken, but I want to report that it is possible to get a T1 from breeding two T1s after all.

I bred a lv1 wild gray mare with a lv 1 gray stallion purchased at the stable (beginner's emblem, not horse market), and got a T1 brown mare in return.

I think using horses from the Beginner's Emblem may be a key for this. I've never got T1s by breeding horses caught in the wild or bought on the market, no matter their level.

(As for WHY I'm doing this: I'm a collector, and currently trying to get the T2 type D horse. No luck so far!)

Good luck with that one. I gave up after a bout where I got flooded by T2 Cs. But if you do get him, please do post a screenie :D They're gorgeous.

1 person likes this

Posted

Oh! You are collecting horse skins too?  I need to get the T2 C and the T3A and then just worry about the T4s and up. I kind of slacked on that when the horse market dried up, but I'll get back to it soon.

1 person likes this

Posted

I was getting those usually as females from breeding T1 male level 4 with T1 female level 1, plus for the T2 type C I was getting it as male usually from T1 levels 1 both. But that was long time ago, and I was doing that only with wild horses (I do not know if those from stable were working the same), now I do not know which combinations work. 

Posted (edited)

Good luck with that one. I gave up after a bout where I got flooded by T2 Cs. But if you do get him, please do post a screenie :D They're gorgeous.

Oh you mean this handsome devil? :D

This was actually my first ever horse. I caught this guy at one of the capturing events during one of the betas. He'll always have a special place in my heart and I haven't had another one like him since. :(

(Sorry for poor picture quality)

T2Dbeta.JPG

Edited by Solest
4 people like this

Posted

This was actually my first ever horse. I caught this guy at one of the capturing events during one of the betas. He'll always have a special place in my heart and I haven't had another one like him since. :(

T2Dbeta.JPG

He's gorgeous. I wanted (still do) that horse for so long, but all my attempts failed and I gave up. Once I clear stables of T3-5 and have T6 females and T7 rest only (one can dream of not getting T5-6 males haha), I might go back to trying again. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I got one of those way back when I started breeding and have saved her.  One of my goals was to breed one of every color but I never saved most of them because of space issues.  Do you save one of each?

Sugar.jpg

Edited by Shaynae
3 people like this

Posted

(Sorry for poor picture quality)

T2Dbeta.JPG

I had her too once and am collecting skins at least in the way that they get a post in my blog then, even if I do not keep them :D : https://blackdesertmagie.wordpress.com/2016/04/24/special/

I never got a T4 C, but once bought two from the market and still own one, a Twink has her xD I had all T6 and almost all T5, but never got the pure white :( Not  talking about T7 and T8 haha, missing tons there :P

------------

About the change of talents you guys were talking about - I did note them down here and there, but only from T7 on I really kept a record, mainly in the T7 thread (seems I am the only one left posting there lol) and I have to say I do NOT see any changes. The number of talents they get are still totally different. Like the last three I posted: one learned 9, the next learned 11, the third learned 14. Though I never had one with 9 before, that one was a true dumb horse :P Usually the lowest amount was 10. I also never had a horse yet that learned ALL the talents.

2 people like this

Posted

I got one of those way back when I started breeding and have saved her.  One of my goals was to breed one of every color but I never saved most of them because of space issues.  Do you save one of each?

Sugar.jpg

Yes, I plan to do just that. The stable expansion coupons on the pearl shop are affordable enough, and you can add 10 slots to each region. That should be enough to keep me occupied for a long time, while waiting for other regions (and stables) to be added :)

Posted (edited)

Sugar.jpg

OHHH :D i never got it same with the brown/black t2 ... i dont need a t8 i need this (joke i still want a t8 and this cute t2) <3

Edited by Rou
1 person likes this

Posted

Sometimes I am thinking wouldn't be better if all the breeding foals were unique like we were having a randomize function while recieving the foal? I mean something like many games have in character customization which you click it and boom! result is hmm.. maybe ugly yes!  but for sure unique! I would prefer that for horses in BDO. I do not know if it would be possible though.

Posted

Sugar.jpg

I'm sooo going to get this skin for a T6 I'll be keeping!  Also, black Venia FTW;)

tdEagzz.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

One of my guildies sold a horse to the imperial trader without confirmation when he wanted to see how much it cost. Is this a bug or a new feature? I'm scared of trying myself and losing a horse I don't want to sell T_T

Posted

One of my guildies sold a horse to the imperial trader without confirmation when he wanted to see how much it cost. Is this a bug or a new feature? I'm scared of trying myself and losing a horse I don't want to sell T_T

omg that would be really awful O.o I only checked some horse prices with the normal horse market, that worked as usual, I was able to cancel. Rather will not check on the imperial trader then, this must be a bug.

Posted

I did that too after when I was about to smash 2 together after resetting, so no biggie.  One thing to remember is market selling prompts and Imperial trade prompts are different, market asks you confirm click Y if you want to sell and then shows price, clicking trade will show the price right away, do not click Y or it's gone.

Posted (edited)

there´re 5 t7 on alustin now... and nobody buys them...  why can´t high level breeders get better prices? or bargain? would put some use to our profession :D
Unbenannt.thumb.PNG.d44b2128d39b7483b472

Edited by RainbowRat

Posted

I did that too after when I was about to smash 2 together after resetting, so no biggie.  One thing to remember is market selling prompts and Imperial trade prompts are different, market asks you confirm click Y if you want to sell and then shows price, clicking trade will show the price right away, do not click Y or it's gone.

Yes, I know that, but he says it got sold directly, without clicking Y :|