• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Daum worse than EA/ Nexon/ Ncsoft

56 posts in this topic

Posted

I haven't been in game yet but apparently it's +1 fishing and the ability to swim faster....extremely p2w isn't it? lol

Swimming speed affects literally nothing and there's a maximum of +5 fishing (like everything else in the game) available, with other items that increase fishing. :/

Posted (edited)

Daum worse than EA/ Nexon/ Ncsoft

You immediately lost me the moment you compared this to Nexon & NCSoft.

Go play NA/EU Maplestory and Blade & Soul, and you come back to us with an apology letter, y'hear?

Edited by Banzatou

Posted

Flip me. Another brain cell dies from stupidity by osmosis.

Posted

Swimming speed affects literally nothing and there's a maximum of +5 fishing (like everything else in the game) available, with other items that increase fishing. :/

It's enough to cause an uproar as you can tell...there is no hope it seems 

Posted

It's enough to cause an uproar as you can tell...there is no hope it seems 

Yes, well, at this point I've lost faith in this forum's ability to use any logic at all.

Posted

Yes, well, at this point I've lost faith in this forum's ability to use any logic at all.

At this point I wish PA would create the ugliest piece of crap costume ever that you cannot choose to hide just for our version and give it something "p2w" like. Just to see how many people would buy it and then scream p2w

Posted

I dont even fish wtf pay2Win ................... Ive played kr black desert and there is no pay2win .............. Wanna see pay2win go try R2Games

Posted (edited)

Thanks again for updating the game with some other p2w crap novelty fish costume, I mean srsly wtf. Weve been asking for more costume selections since launch. DAUM = EA level when it comes to community management and meeting the desires of their  NA player base (THE MOST EXPENSIVE MARKET IN THE WORLD BTW). You guys will quite possibly go down in history as one of the worst customer support services in gaming history.

Thanks for emails after 16 day ticket waiting times telling you that it may take another 16 days for them to actually respond.

Thanks for horrible pvp flagging system,

Thanks for afk fishing

Thanks for gold spammers running rampant

Thanks for Trump

Thanks for 14 year olds saying "triggered" every 2 seconds

lemme take this one guys

*straightens witch hat, clears throat*

hi, skyfrog, played vindictus under nexon from day 0 of closed beta all the way up until last year when i finally got bored.

"Thanks for emails after 16 day ticket waiting times telling you that it may take another 16 days for them to actually respond."

-nexon frequently up and didnt even respond to tickets, let alone send an email. i knew people who were obliterated in the great kraken auto banning incident who waited a year or more for nexon to even look at their tickets, many more never even heard back about it and lost everything.

"Thanks for horrible pvp flagging system,"

-we didnt have OW pvp, but what we did have was a completely imbalanced system that made a lot of people stay away from it. the pvp community was very small. probably because it was a pve game primarily but whatever it goes here

"Thanks for afk fishing"

-i once stayed logged in afk on vindictus fishing for 48 solid hours while i was away. a server eruption (not uncommon) ended my streak

"Thanks for gold spammers running rampant"

-nexon didnt even make a half hearted attempt at stopping these guys. oh wait. yes they did. they got lazy and made it so that you couldnt earn gold in any missions before a certain level, i think it was like 20 or something. which sucked if you wanted to buy anything, because in that game you had things you could buy.

that's right. nexon punished the entire game community because they couldnt be bothered to even attempt half of the things daum has been trying to do. nor did nexon ever talk about this or address it to anyone, ever.

did it help? nope. every day i logged in from release day until the day i finally logged out for good, there were a dozen level 1 naked characters standing in the starting area screaming about buy/sell gold real cheap real easy in open chat. blocking them did absolutely nothing because within an hour there was a replacement.

they also ran dungeons, oh yes. multiple full parties of naked players named waoiwocmowe and variations of the sort running missions over and over and over, using hacks to instakill everything and harvest rare drops. afking in droves in main town hubs, causing massive server lag

what was nexon's response to this? they banned any normal player who joined a run, even by mistake. they also implemented an auto banning AI that would read how fast you did a run and if it thought you did it too fast, you were banned.

which brings me to an incident a few summers ago when a new raid was released where you fought a giant kraken. anyone doing it, at all, was banned by the AI for no reason. nexon left the majority of these players banned, not bothering to do anything about it.

one day someone data mined or hacked or whatever, the fact that dyes were being released in the next patch. they managed to get a few hacked items, dye things crazy bright colors (until then most outfits were realisticly colored, the brightest we had was a few cloth sets that had red silk on them) and throwing them up on the auction house in droves.

how did nexon handle this? they started by banning not the hackers who did it, but the unwitting people who bought the illegally colored items thinking it was a rare. then, realizing they dun goofed, they carpet banned the entire server. i didnt even bother logging in for two months to save my account, because anyone who was online during that bloodbath was at risk of being permanently and silently banned with no hope of appealing because of how garbage nexon's support was.

this became nexon's reaction to every new exploit or hack or bot. bought a rare item that was hacked in? banned. got traded a rare material to craft your armor, but the person bought it using goldseller gold? banned. do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars.

BONUS ROUND

-nexon did maint about once a month. they REFUSED to do it before that, no matter what was happening on the servers.

-when they did patch, they were often down for 72 hours

-when the servers came back, there were usually more problems than before, with bugs not seen since closed beta making a return

-the game was unplayable from the end of november to january first of one year because nexon employees took a month off for vacation

-random disconnects every few minutes

-servers lagging out

-dungeon parties all crashing to desktop at the same time

-drops not dropping

-bosses not spawning

-OBJECTS IN THE DUNGEONS FLYING AROUND IN A TORNADO AND DAMAGING THE PLAYERS USUALLY FOLLOWED BY A CRASH TO DESKTOP

-crashing to desktop when trying to party

-chat not working for weeks on end

-completely unmoderated forum (which ill admit was a great time)

-data leaks in the forums that caused hundred of accounts to be eaten by gold sellers with 0 attempts from nexon to get them back, thank god i didnt use my main account to post (THIS IS WHY I AM AGAINST THE FORUMS BEING LOCKED TO ACCOUNTS THAT DONT OWN THE GAME)

-character models morphing together, IE a female mage suddenly contorted and stretched to fit the barbarian's giant skeleton and gaining his animations. funny, but usually resulted in a massive crash for everyone in the party

your last two points are in nerdish so im not going to bother responding to them. there is absolutely no company out there with worse management, greedier schemes, shadier business practices, dicier moderation, or more unreliable technical support than Nexon. anyone who says otherwise has revealed themselves as a fool as far as i'm concerned, think before you speak.

sorry i had to go seriousfrog on you guys but nexon is one of my nerves. comparing daum to nexon is like the comparing the mayor of a failing country town to adolf hitler.

TLDR: i watched nexon kill my favorite game.  your opinion sucks

sorry for the rant

giphy.gif

now back to witchy stuff and fun

Edited by Skyfrog

Posted

You know nothing of Nexon. Sent a ticket in once and didn't get a response for A YEAR. 387 Days to be exact. Loooong after I quit playing Vindictus.

Posted

I'm 22 and i say "triggered" but only in the context of someone saying something beyond stupidity.

Posted (edited)

Do you even know how much money Nexon squeezes out of its players? Vindictus and Mabinogi are prime examples of how terrible their business practices are and possibly the worst game with blatant p2w features. I regret getting into games like those and you have no idea what you're talking about. You just want to hate the game and the company. Your argument is just out of spite, has no reason at all.

Just google about how Vindictus's enhancement/enchant and dye systems are, and look up reforge in Mabinogi. Plus, Nexon has one of the worst support system too.

You're just trying to provoke people, when nothing serious has even happened. The fishing costume is for people who want the appearance, and the stats are available WITHOUT the costume as well. Clearly you don't even play the game.

Edited by BlatantFool

Posted

You know nothing of Nexon. Sent a ticket in once and didn't get a response for A YEAR. 387 Days to be exact. Loooong after I quit playing Vindictus.

Ahh a Vindi player. Remember when they had a data breach and thousand upon thousands of accounts were hacked and they blamed it on everyones antivirus? lmaooo

Posted (edited)

Address their concerns ?

Even Archage despite all its flaws and Trion/XL games destroying the game patch after patch had constant communication with the playerbase and addressed their concerns

The hell are you even smoking?

Every single patch was full of "fixes" that didn't fix the issue and needed to be fixed...every single one. And communication is worthless if its full of lies and ineffectual commentary. Their communication included "words" those words didn't amount to a single truthful paragraph in the last 1.5 years...haha with the exception of "we f'cked up" literally written by their Director of Community Relations....unprofessional and completely lacking in integrity. I'll take Daum right now - thanks.

Edited by Trixologist

Posted

You clearly do not know NCSOFT.

This.

When you can buy endgame boss gear for straight up cash transactions then it'll be as bad as NCsoft.

Posted

You obviously has never played Nexon or NCSoft game.

If this game was developed by Nexon or NCSoft, you won't even win when you pay. You just pay for nothing LOL

Posted

lemme take this one guys

*straightens witch hat, clears throat*

hi, skyfrog, played vindictus under nexon from day 0 of closed beta all the way up until last year when i finally got bored

"Thanks for emails after 16 day ticket waiting times telling you that it may take another 16 days for them to actually respond."

-nexon frequently up and didnt even respond to tickets, let alone send an email. i knew people who were obliterated in the great kraken auto banning incident who waited a year or more for nexon to even look at their tickets, many more never even heard back about it and lost everything.

"Thanks for horrible pvp flagging system,"

-we didnt have OW pvp, but what we did have was a completely imbalanced system that made a lot of people stay away from it. the pvp community was very small. probably because it was a pve game primarily but whatever it goes here

"Thanks for afk fishing"

-i once stayed logged in afk on vindictus fishing for 48 solid hours while i was away. a server eruption (not uncommon) ended my streak

"Thanks for gold spammers running rampant"

-nexon didnt even make a half hearted attempt at stopping these guys. oh wait. yes they did. they got lazy and made it so that you couldnt earn gold in any missions before a certain level, i think it was like 20 or something. which sucked if you wanted to buy anything, because in that game you had things you could buy.

that's right. nexon punished the entire game community because they couldnt be bothered to even attempt half of the things daum has been trying to do. nor did nexon ever talk about this or address it to anyone, ever.

did it help? nope. every day i logged in from release day until the day i finally logged out for good, there were a dozen level 1 naked characters standing in the starting area screaming about buy/sell gold real cheap real easy in open chat. blocking them did absolutely nothing because within an hour there was a replacement.

they also ran dungeons, oh yes. multiple full parties of naked players named waoiwocmowe and variations of the sort running missions over and over and over, using hacks to instakill everything and harvest rare drops. afking in droves in main town hubs, causing massive server lag

what was nexon's response to this? they banned any normal player who joined a run, even by mistake. they also implemented an auto banning AI that would read how fast you did a run and if it thought you did it too fast, you were banned.

which brings me to an incident a few summers ago when a new raid was released where you fought a giant kraken. anyone doing it, at all, was banned by the AI for no reason. nexon left the majority of these players banned, not bothering to do anything about it.

one day someone data mined or hacked or whatever, the fact that dyes were being released in the next patch. they managed to get a few hacked items, dye things crazy bright colors (until then most outfits were realisticly colored, the brightest we had was a few cloth sets that had red silk on them) and throwing them up on the auction house in droves.

how did nexon handle this? they started by banning not the hackers who did it, but the unwitting people who bought the illegally colored items thinking it was a rare. then, realizing they dun goofed, they carpet banned the entire server. i didnt even bother logging in for two months to save my account, because anyone who was online during that bloodbath was at risk of being permanently and silently banned with no hope of appealing because of how garbage nexon's support was.

this became nexon's reaction to every new exploit or hack or bot. bought a rare item that was hacked in? banned. got traded a rare material to craft your armor, but the person bought it using goldseller gold? banned. do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars.

BONUS ROUND

-nexon did maint about once a month. they REFUSED to do it before that, no matter what was happening on the servers.

-when they did patch, they were often down for 72 hours

-when the servers came back, there were usually more problems than before, with bugs not seen since closed beta making a return

-the game was unplayable from the end of november to january first of one year because nexon employees took a month off for vacation

-random disconnects every few minutes

-servers lagging out

-dungeon parties all crashing to desktop at the same time

-drops not dropping

-bosses not spawning

-OBJECTS IN THE DUNGEONS FLYING AROUND IN A TORNADO AND DAMAGING THE PLAYERS USUALLY FOLLOWED BY A CRASH TO DESKTOP

-crashing to desktop when trying to party

-chat not working for weeks on end

-completely unmoderated forum (which ill admit was a great time)

-data leaks in the forums that caused hundred of accounts to be eaten by gold sellers with 0 attempts from nexon to get them back, thank god i didnt use my main account to post (THIS IS WHY I AM AGAINST THE FORUMS BEING LOCKED TO ACCOUNTS THAT DONT OWN THE GAME)

-character models morphing together, IE a female mage suddenly contorted and stretched to fit the barbarian's giant skeleton and gaining his animations. funny, but usually resulted in a massive crash for everyone in the party

your last two points are in nerdish so im not going to bother responding to them. there is absolutely no company out there with worse management, greedier schemes, shadier business practices, dicier moderation, or more unreliable technical support than Nexon. anyone who says this has revealed themselves as a fool as far as i'm concerned, think before you speak.

sorry i had to go seriousfrog on you guys but nexon is one of my nerves. comparing daum to nexon is like the comparing the mayor of a failing country town to adolf hitler.

i lived through the nexon haulocaust. not. cool.

i watched nexon kill my favorite game man. i still have flashbacks. sorry for the rant

giphy.gif

now back to witchy stuff and fun

well. 

i'm never going to touch nexon now. ever. 

Posted

why did u not consider Gameforge?????  tskkkkkkk

Posted

Ahh a Vindi player. Remember when they had a data breach and thousand upon thousands of accounts were hacked and they blamed it on everyones antivirus? lmaooo

Yeah, they banned me during that, hence the ticket that got answered a year later just to tell me I was SOL anyway.

1 person likes this

Posted

maxresdefault.jpg

Posted

should i say it?

triggered?! Ok?!

Posted

If they release mediah as a DLC, then yeah maybe.

They are nowhere near EA, you've obviously not owned an EA title. Fish costume p2w? god i've heard it all now... I better be careful of fish boy ganking me when I can see him coming from a mile off in his costume which he paid 30 bucks for to look like an idiot.

GG

I paid 25 bucks to look like a pretty fish princess.  GET IT RIGHT.

Posted

Thanks for 14 year olds saying "triggered" every 2 seconds

What you just said triggers me. I can't help but feel triggered that you even say this game is as P2W as Nexon. Nexon triggers me. The P2W aspects in Maplestory triggers me such much because you actually have to spend money to even progress or get good in the game which triggers me. Nexon had ruined a fun game with P2W triggers me. Saying Daum, currently, is like Nexon... triggers me.

I am triggered that Daum doesn't have a better community management and customer support.

The only thing that doesn't trigger me is the fish costume, because it's funny.

Posted

Why does everyone assume the term P2W has something to do with killing someone in PVP?

Posted

You clearly do not know NCSOFT.

FFk that , he clearly doesn't know NEXON.

Posted

yooooo.jpg