• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

[Poll] Trade or Not - Gauging Community

[Poll] Trade or Not - Gauging Community   221 votes

1. 1. Should DAUM/BDO provide a 1:1 trading system? (if it can be done securely with minimal impact to economy)

• Yes, I feel it would add to the game.
    • No, I feel it would detract from the game.
    • Indifferent

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

41 posts in this topic

Posted

Some think people who want trade are minority. Some think people who want to keep trading out of the game are the minority and others think it's a draw. Let's find out.

Posted

Is this deja vu, or has this thread happened like a few times already.....hmmmm

Posted

Is this deja vu, or has this thread happened like a few times already.....hmmmm

Lots of posts about it where people bicker back and forth, but I looked and didn't see a legit poll.

Posted

Never seen one with a poll though.

Posted

What is a "1:1 trading system"

If that is some jank ass communist "trade as much back as I trade you" then no.

Fully open trading. Give as much as you want for nothing, if you want to. I want to give shit to guildies and expect nothing back.

1 person likes this

Posted

What is a "1:1 trading system"

If that is some jank ass communist "trade as much back as I trade you" then no.

Fully open trading. Give as much as you want for nothing, if you want to. I want to give shit to guildies and expect nothing back.

By 1:1 i mean 1 person trading with 1 person, rather than the 1:Whole Community system we have now through the market.

Posted

I would love to see an amity system... but not just on conversations because honestly, we talk on skype all the time. But how many times you partner up and do things, like fishing, gathering, killing, etc. all adds to the amity levels. So if you hit a certain amity level, you open up trading between you two. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I would love to see an amity system... but not just on conversations because honestly, we talk on skype all the time. But how many times you partner up and do things, like fishing, gathering, killing, etc. all adds to the amity levels. So if you hit a certain amity level, you open up trading between you two. 

That might be the best idea I've heard for a trading system yet. Even if trading consumed the amity and you had to build it up with the person again it would still be worth it.

2 people like this

Posted

Yeah constant work at it, which we do and most friends do, would keep the amity level high and trading open. And seriously, if you're gonna friend a gold spammer to get gold, well hey enjoy that time together!

1 person likes this

Posted

Welp... this is sad. If 2/3 of players actually don't want trading, I assume it likely won't happen. Well, I guess us 1/3 of players that do can find another game.

Posted

Welp... this is sad. If 2/3 of players actually don't want trading, I assume it likely won't happen. Well, I guess us 1/3 of players that do can find another game.

Well basically every other MMO out there is a Wow clone with different graphics. 

Though the amity system with friends is a good idea. But I still think even that should be limited to basic crafting material that becomes character bound upon trading and requires double energy to process. Any processed crafting materials are untradable and no rough stones since those can be used for black stone crafting. 

Posted

Well basically every other MMO out there is a Wow clone with different graphics. 

Though the amity system with friends is a good idea. But I still think even that should be limited to basic crafting material that becomes character bound upon trading and requires double energy to process. Any processed crafting materials are untradable and no rough stones since those can be used for black stone crafting. 

I hardly see how trading with friends or guildies makes Black Desert in any way similar to WoW... Do you think GW2 is like wow? Eve online? Minecraft? They all allow trading...

Posted

No to direct trading.

If you want to help friends or guildmates get something than play with them and get it to drop, then let them have it.

Being able to trade maxed out no level-restriction gear in a PvP game is a goldseller's dream, and would radically unbalance things as guilds could instantly gear out new members.

Posted

Big no.  It's not necessary at all, and only makes things easier for gold sellers.

Now some kind of trade union might be a good idea, but it would need to be implemented in a way that does not enable gold sellers.

1 person likes this

Posted

No to direct trading.

If you want to help friends or guildmates get something than play with them and get it to drop, then let them have it.

Being able to trade maxed out no level-restriction gear in a PvP game is a goldseller's dream, and would radically unbalance things as guilds could instantly gear out new members.

It's not just about armor or weapons. Nothing is tradeable for player to player. Your suggestion is already doable, that's great. If I want to go grind for gear with my SO, and I will most likely do that at some point. No issues there. This is about trading just about anything. Let me put it this way: no player to player trade is NOT an asset to the game or they would proudly list it on their website as a "feature" of the game. Instead, they hide it. Because in point of fact it kills a lot of the interactivity that could happen between players. Especially in the crafting area, or helping a new player/friend get settled in while learning everything. Doesn't have to allow gear at all, but basic crafting items? Ores, beer, food, etc. It allows people to specialize in what they want to do, rather than doing everything. 

Posted

After a lot of thought and reading various arguments, I'm in the "No" crowd.  I think they need to explore cooperative options that have nothing to do with 1:1 trade if they want to go in a more cooperative direction with different gameplay elements.

Posted

It's not just about armor or weapons. Nothing is tradeable for player to player. Your suggestion is already doable, that's great. If I want to go grind for gear with my SO, and I will most likely do that at some point. No issues there. This is about trading just about anything. Let me put it this way: no player to player trade is NOT an asset to the game or they would proudly list it on their website as a "feature" of the game. Instead, they hide it. Because in point of fact it kills a lot of the interactivity that could happen between players. Especially in the crafting area, or helping a new player/friend get settled in while learning everything. Doesn't have to allow gear at all, but basic crafting items? Ores, beer, food, etc. It allows people to specialize in what they want to do, rather than doing everything. 

It doesn't have to be maxed out gear, even trading easy to find items would allow gold sellers to do their business.

They would grind for silver, buy items in mass quantities, then trade those items to players in exchange for real money. Those players would then sell those items and receive the chunk of silver they'd paid for.

The most valuable thing someone can give a friend or new player is information. The game has a steep learning curve, but not a high difficulty.

I've played past MMO's as a duo, trio, permagroup, and solo with multiple accounts where I twinked and powerlevelled my characters. In BDO it isn't necessary to be given anything. Between alts and NPC workers you can get anything you need on your own.

Posted

If the poll is to be accurate, it is indeed a minority that want trade to be allowed.

Posted

I'm pro trade but with restrictions.  This game almost feels like a single player game.  But a few trade ideas are noted here

Player Trading

1. I understand the reasons why player trading is not allowed but there must be a way around the issues of gold farming.  Allowing players to trade would be a large benefit to the gaming community.  Even if there was a "cost" to it.  
    1. Silver Cost
    2. Action Points Cost
    3. Only allowing and NPC to be the "middle man" which would take the above costs too.  This could be a simple trading building to enter.
    4. Maybe using the Trade skill also here. Ex. Must be higher than level 6.

Taken from

1 person likes this

Posted

If the poll is to be accurate, it is indeed a minority that want trade to be allowed.

Even with the tiny sample space, and me thinking the odds of the poll being manipulated are high, I'm still surprised at the result so far.

Posted

Even with the tiny sample space, and me thinking the odds of the poll being manipulated are high, I'm still surprised at the result so far.

I like to think people are mature enough not to spend an awful amount of time just to cheat an online poll on a forum that will probably have no impact whatsoever on the game.

Posted

I like to think people are mature enough not to spend an awful amount of time just to cheat an online poll on a forum that will probably have no impact whatsoever on the game.

I mean, I would like to think that too.  Unfortunately I don't.  :(

Posted

No to direct trading.

this retarded comment again.

buddy1:dude im thirsty

Buddy2:perfect,i got some soda

Buddy1:can i have some?

Buddy2: lol, screw that, were gonna go to the store and have your broke ash buy the soda

Buddy1:but you have a life time suppy

Buddy2:nop,screw you, lets fo to the store and get you buying those soda

Buddy1:ya i gotcha. Thanks dude, you the best. No sharing caring shift.

Buddy2: hey. If im not selfish toward my friends, who will i be selfish to?

Considering majority of the people wanna help their friends with crafting you idiots all think about is boosting players, probly gonna be the first ones to do it if they enable the game. Wierd fitishes.

Posted

so the majority is now the one with less vote?

Posted

Let me clarify myself since alot of people are not on par of thinking with your average human.

When i said majority, meant majority of the pro trading.

I wonder how many alts were used to make that 44 votes lol

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0