• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Future players. Avoid this game. Pay2win.

160 posts in this topic

Posted

Why mentioned WoW? This game has very little to WoW.

Serioiusly, 25 dollars here, 25 dollars there, paying real money to compensate for lack of skills and able to grief others without paying consequences. That's the biggest advantage to PvP.

Money spent to buy and play GW2- 50 dollars 

Money spent to play WoW- 40$(upcoming expansion is 50$ more) + 15 dollars a  month

F2P games-Name one that doesnt have OP players who spent hundreds on the game...and maybe whatever game you named is the one you should be playing

Tera-The wests biggest action mmo, Pay to progress much much faster, also sell cash shop items to get rich quick

BDO- 30 bucks for game, 25 for a ghillie suit

Im failing to see the money issue here

Posted

Another unemployed bum.

Posted

You not knowing who killed you so you can get revenge is not an advantage/disadvantage lol.  It didn't help you lose.

This.

This needs to be bronzed and added to the log in screen.

1 person likes this

Posted

OP is a idiot

an idiot* 

And yes, he is.

Posted

So, what PvP consequences these Trent user can face? They hide their name, they killed you, you get their name and yet would do nothing to even find them. Next time you find them, you wouldn't know if it is them because name is hidden. That's the biggest advantage against consequences.

In order games, I see name and guild, I go for a kill. Here I see nothing but a Trent user. Maybe you should learn about the suit first and problem it has before you type further.

Considering I have the suit I know all about it. Maybe you should learn how the game works before crying over things. 

Anyone with the ghilli suit that is flagged for pvp will glow red. It's very easy to see. When you are killed, the name of the attacker will show in chat. So you know who it is you just can't do anything about it. Why's that? Right because 99% of the time when you get back there they won't be there. So doesn't matter if they have a ghilli or not. 

Or even better, get off your a$$ and go do the dailies for the flares. They negate the ghilli suit effects when used so you can see nameplates. But yea lets just go whine on the forums rather than do research and figure out how to counter something. Lemme guess, the game didn't hold your hand and show you the way so you don't know, right?

1 person likes this

Posted

Anyone who has played video games for a long time, there defination of pay to win will be

"Paying for an advantage not obtainable through in game options"

This was the first defination. you whiteknights / whales can not just say "NOPE!" that's not P2w, because it is. your just to young to realize how much your really being -----ed. wait 10 year's and you will see as the video game industry keeps getting more greedy.

hell next thing you know there going to take out free in game option like dye's / pets  and sell them on the cash shop.. oh wait.

Posted

I don't think the OP is lying. It's just for some reason we're willing to say "well it's not as Pay2Win as ArcheAge, therefore it's not Pay2Win at all."

No P2W at all = Guild Wars 2. That's no pay to win.

BDO definitely has some elements that provide tactical advantage in PvP. Ellion's Tears being an example. People instantly reviving when it critically matters (this will come later, when Siege is up). Ghillie Suit - outside of war it lets PKers sneak up on victims easier, and it allows players security of hiding their name to avoid being targeted.
Or the tier 5 horse given to all who paid 100 bucks for the game, sure eventually you will catch up to a tier 5 horse, but not for a while.

Posted (edited)

Maybe you should take the suit off and use your skills instead. I am lv 52 here and deal it on regular basis.

The problem is people hiding behind no name and grief others, You don't see their name, you never could get revenge. Sure you can see their name after you died in chat, then WHAT? Nothing, unlike other games, I could never figure out my killers unless they took the suit off. ----- players, use real money to compensate for theirs lack of skills.

Uhh if they kill you or you kill them it says their name..  Also in Vellia there is an npc where you van track other players for silver so please just stop talking.

Edited by Akatsuki

Posted

"NOPE!" that's not P2w, because it is. your just to young to realize how much your really being -----ed. wait 10 year's and you will see as the video game industry keeps getting more greedy.

Man I wish I really was young and ignorant. Appreciate the compliment but been playing MMOs since UO in 98 so I know all about p2w. Your definition isn't p2w. If that was what p2w is then people would have cried for the past 5 years over wow's cash shop mounts. P2W is being able to skip significant parts of the game to get ahead. If they sold black stones, enchant increases, end game armor/weapons, gems that don't drop in game, etc then it's p2w. Paying for convenience only keeps the company making money. One day you young-uns will realize that. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Op is accurate, game is pay 2 win because the advantages you can get from the shop can not be created in game.

if the advantage doesnt make you WIN it is not PAY2 WIN .
I want to see you pvp in the water , becaue fish costume makes you swim faster right, go in the water and fight.
you're not stronger when you wear the ghillie suit, when you enter combat you GLOW RED LIKE A CHRISTMAS BALL.

so much pay2win for kids, just leave the game.

Posted

This.

This needs to be bronzed and added to the log in screen.

Losing a fight is not the big picture. P2W covers the whole range of consequences. For example, ghillie suit can prevent you from being targeted by griefers that want you for a specific reason, and PK you to cause you to lose exp. In this particular case, after level 50, where death penalty is huge, the lack of ghillie suit can delay you from leveling indefinitely. While your ghillied up competition goes past level 50, you can be stuck. That's a long term pvp advantage, and cannot be discounted.

It's not all about winning just one fight. That sure isn't what the new people are asking about.

Posted

LMFAO. Are you serious? You say these costumes are p2w but GW2 wasn't? Newsflash I bought 2 legendaries with real money. THAT is P2W. You people need to pull ur heads out ur asses  

Posted

People will complain about anything. If it's not the costume it will be inventory slots or weight or skill resets or pets... some people are just b!tches

Posted

I don't think the OP is lying. It's just for some reason we're willing to say "well it's not as Pay2Win as ArcheAge, therefore it's not Pay2Win at all."

BDO definitely has some elements that provide tactical advantage in PvP. Ellion's Tears being an example. People instantly reviving when it critically matters (this will come later, when Siege is up). Ghillie Suit - outside of war it lets PKers sneak up on victims easier, and it allows players security of hiding their name to avoid being targeted.
Or the tier 5 horse given to all who paid 100 bucks for the game, sure eventually you will catch up to a tier 5 horse, but not for a while.

GUILDWARS IS more PAY2WIN than BDO you know why ? u can trade direct $$$$ for ingame currency.
check-mate. you can't in BDO. not even goldsellers can now, thanks to the last patch.

Posted (edited)

LMFAO. Are you serious? You say these costumes are p2w but GW2 wasn't? Newsflash I bought 2 legendaries with real money. THAT is P2W. You people need to pull ur heads out ur asses  

You mean those legendaries which have the same stats as the other pink items that anyone can get for free in game?

Or how pvp mode scales up all your armor to max for free?

Nice try white Knights.

Edited by woodydave

Posted

Hmmm I think this might be a case of mental retardation. Nothing to see here folks, I'm on the case to figure out why OP is so stupid.

Posted

YOU paid for legendaries with real money, because you were too lazy of a scrub to earn it with money ingame or build your own.
GW2 gives you the no-pay opportunity to get the legendaries.

BDO does not let you craft a ghillie.

Posted (edited)

No Enitzu, that is the "new" defination of pay to win. you just bought into it.

Plus it is clearly not "convenience" when there is an advantage..

*edit last sentence*

Edited by Ejecta

Posted

You mean those legendaries which have the same stats as the other pink items that anyone can get for free in game?

Yes. The legendaries that took people months to make. I made in 2 days with real money. That is P2W. If you think different you sir are delusional and should return to Grand Theft Auto

Posted

"Paying for an advantage not obtainable through in game options"

advantage that makes you WIN maybe ?
swimming faster doesnt make you win anything, nor having camouflage while prone/crouch , by default you can hide your nameplate while in crouch/prone,
when you enter pvp you glow red like a -----ing christmas ball, you don't get stronger , not pay2win.
but keep crying because you can't have everything you want.

Posted (edited)

YOU paid for legendaries with real money, because you were too lazy of a scrub to earn it with money ingame or build your own.GW2 gives you the no-pay opportunity to get the legendaries.

Except you can acquire epic items for free in game like its a joke, which have the same stats are your "legendary"

Did I mention those epic weapons drop from a daily?

Nice try whiteknight

Edited by woodydave

Posted

OP is clearly a noob who got gangbanged by people wearing a ghillie suit.

Posted

well since the OP is in a Meme mood i will counter this thread with jontron

giphy.gif

1 person likes this

Posted

No Enitzu, that is the "new" defination of pay to win. you just bought into it.

Sorry. Don't be mad at me because you have no clue what you are talking about. You made an assumption based on what others told you and how upset you got because you needed to spend money. Your own fault.

YOU paid for legendaries with real money, because you were too lazy of a scrub to earn it with money ingame or build your own.GW2 gives you the no-pay opportunity to get the legendaries.

I paid for them because I didn't start playing till far after launch. I paid for them a) because I could and b) because I wanted to do wvw with friends and not be gimped. The point is that I COULD pay for them with real cash. That good sir is p2w. Being able to buy end game items from real life money.