• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Top 5 Things That Will One Day Make You Quit

29 posts in this topic

Posted

It's like I'm slowly acquiring rage xp in this game and when my ragebar fills up I will involuntarily ragequit. So here is my top 5 list of things that are slowly but surely building my rage towards an otherwise immensely awesome game with huge potential to please its audience. This is in order of most to least annoying.

1. AFK adventage:
    Folks who can keep their computer running 24/7 have a clear adventage over folks who can't. Daum has made it clear: they want you to stay logged in forever.

2. RNGesus:
    We farm all day every day for those hard-earned blackstones one way or another and they just go to waste because RNGesus hates us. It literally feels like working for free.

3. Energy:
    Everything costs energy, especially crafters know this. It can take 5 hours to regen 100 energy if you are just playing the game casually. It takes 2.5 hours if you force yourself AFK staying in a bed. Or it takes 100 minutes if you AFK in a store-bought p2w bed. The most outrageous thing of all, you regen 1 energy in 30 minutes logged out, which means it takes 50 hours to regen 100.

4. In-game chat:
    In-game chat is full of spam and Daum does nothing about it. You simply can't block it all. I tried, I blocked one every 2-5 minutes. It never stopped coming. They look like spambot-generated account names, too. The other thing about chat is you can't scroll it. When I try, I always get caught in a linked item, which stops the scrolling and puts the item description on screen. The only way I was able to scroll chat was enlarging the window.

5. 5-hour maintenance every Wednesday:
    I will get flamed for this, but I still mention it. It really doesn't bother me that much as long as it's not just a maint but there is also a patch involved with notes posted in time. It kind of makes it exciting (to see the changes). The only reason I'm mentioning it is that other mainstream MMOs really don't have this long mainenances this frequesntly. They just don't.

Some honorable mentiones that I really couldn't care less about, as they only add very little rage xp: no p2p trading, p2w costumes, pk, karma system, horse system, pet system, losing xp after dying, having to run/ride everywhere, no preview function in the forums, etc.

Posted

1-5. I no longer have fun and log on for the sake of logging on.

Posted

It's like I'm slowly acquiring rage xp in this game and when my ragebar fills up I will involuntarily ragequit. So here is my top 5 list of things that are slowly but surely building my rage towards an otherwise immensely awesome game with huge potential to please its audience. This is in order of most to least annoying.

1. AFK adventage:
    Folks who can keep their computer running 24/7 have a clear adventage over folks who can't. Daum has made it clear: they want you to stay logged in forever.

2. RNGesus:
    We farm all day every day for those hard-earned blackstones one way or another and they just go to waste because RNGesus hates us. It literally feels like working for free.

3. Energy:
    Everything costs energy, especially crafters know this. It can take 5 hours to regen 100 energy if you are just playing the game casually. It takes 2.5 hours if you force yourself AFK staying in a bed. Or it takes 100 minutes if you AFK in a store-bought p2w bed. The most outrageous thing of all, you regen 1 energy in 30 minutes logged out, which means it takes 50 hours to regen 100.

4. In-game chat:
    In-game chat is full of spam and Daum does nothing about it. You simply can't block it all. I tried, I blocked one every 2-5 minutes. It never stopped coming. They look like spambot-generated account names, too. The other thing about chat is you can't scroll it. When I try, I always get caught in a linked item, which stops the scrolling and puts the item description on screen. The only way I was able to scroll chat was enlarging the window.

I will get flamed for this, but I still mention it. It really doesn't bother me that much as long as it's not just a maint but there is also a patch involved with notes posted in time. It kind of makes it exciting (to see the changes). The only reason I'm mentioning it is that other mainstream MMOs really don't have this long mainenances this frequesntly. They just don't.

Some honorable mentiones that I really couldn't care less about, as they only add very little rage xp: no p2p trading, p2w costumes, pk, karma system, horse system, pet system, losing xp after dying, having to run/ride everywhere, no preview function in the forums, etc.

you forget to add lag in pvp

Posted

1-5 I get burnt out.

Posted

Nexon had an occasional 2 day maint.

And servers were still bad.

Posted

Only thing I am worry about is lack of content. People are already hitting lvl 55 and there is very little for them to do other than build up energy/CP to craft gears. I am sure they can max those as well very shortly. Need more contents!

Posted (edited)

Can you explain the AFK advantage one. Sorry, I'm a noob and don't understand. 

The gold spamming is annoying, but It won't drive me from the game. Neither will the other things.

Edited by Valius

Posted

Can you explain the AFK advantage one. Sorry, I'm a noob and don't understand. 

The gold spamming is annoying, but It won't drive me from the game. Neither will the other things.

there is "afk fishing" feature, that makes you earn some amount of money by being just logged in, you can also practice strenght, breath itp, there are multiple things you can do ingame while not being near pc

Posted

1. Lacking visual diversity in non cash shop gear.

2. Lacking localization/translation (I doubt Daum will ever get it right).

3. Lacking solo "end game" content.

4. Burn out due to grinding.

5. Boredom.

Posted

1. Lacking visual diversity in non cash shop gear.

2. Lacking localization/translation (I doubt Daum will ever get it right).

3. Lacking solo "end game" content.

4. Burn out due to grinding.

5. Boredom.

I agree with all that. I forgot the visual diversity and lack of itemization that are also a big let-down for me.

Posted

From 1-5 with the biggest at the start.

1. P2W elements becoming commonplace
  2. Community deteriorates and all that's left are powerful geared out guilds who KOS everyone else
  3. Lack of soloable content
  4. Lack of new content
  5. Lack of ingame character customization options (everything in cash shop)

Posted

1. The forums and the people on it

3 people like this

Posted

I laughed at #5.

Just because other games are doing x, does not mean Daum EU need to make it the same.  They may have their own requirements or standards that elongates their maintenance hours to 5 hours instead of 1 hour.  Go get some air outside and 5 hours of break outside of BDO does not mean that your sorry life is over.

1 person likes this

Posted

1. Players that are in game more have more advantages than those who aren't? NOWAI

2. Because RNG is not in any other mmos...

3. Somewhat valid but you can also regen energy with repeatable quests that give you a pretty considerable amount very quickly.

4. "nothing" is pretty strong, bots get banned regularly, different servers will vary, naturally, but spam is a problem in pretty much every game even though the services offered by them are limited and super duper shady.

5. Most mmos have weekly maintenance actually, this one's isn't even particularly long.

2 people like this

Posted

I disagree with #2, YES there is RNG but you do not lose your weapon like any other Korean game item enhancement.

Posted

1. The forums and the people on it

Then you'll be over joyed to hear that that's not part of the game!

Posted

1. Players that are in game more have more advantages than those who aren't? NOWAI

1. A player that plays deserves it. An afk player shouldn't.

Posted

1. A player that plays deserves it. An afk player shouldn't.

A player actually playing will outpace an afk player by orders of magnitude.

Thinking about what pixels and lines of code someone deserves based on if they are afk or not is really a non-point that borders on petty.

2 people like this

Posted

1. AFK adventage:

2. RNGesus:

3. Energy:

4. In-game chat:

I have no issues with any of this.  However; I do acknowledget that other people might. 

Posted

1. The community
  2. see above
  3. one and two
  4. all above
  5. no hugging/cuddling emotes

Posted (edited)

-snipped-

1. It isn't Daum's responsibility for you to have a computer that can run the game for extended periods of time.

2. Welcome to Korean MMOs.

3. I don't know why you're complaining about this when alts have their own energy pool.  I use mine intelligently and run into energy issues very rarely.

4. Turn off general chat.  It's a cesspool of sh!tty people and a waste of energy to participate in.  The chat box is much more usable with it off as well.

5. Uh, really?  I'd much rather have a long, regular maintenance.  They fix things during this time you know..

I mean if you really dislike this many things about the game, you might want to try something else. :\

Edited by Anemone

Posted

AFK fishing is -----ing awesome... ----- off.

Posted (edited)

You know, reading this thread I get the strong impression that many players didn't know anything about the game before they started playing... I mean, criticism is one thing, but pretty much bashing every game mechanic aside combat?

AFKing, twinking, etc. all have been well known features of the game for months... when comes the point when people realize that the game at hand might just not be for them, I wonder.

EDIT: I know we are talking hypothetical here, but still...

Edited by WarBaby2

Posted

LN7Avdu.jpg

Posted

1. Lack of armor variety.

2. Very expensive Cash Shop.

3. Lack of communication from Daum.

4. Very easy PvE (it's normally easy in most games, but it'd be nice to see bosses having some difficulty, maybe not FFXIV lvl or Vindictus lvl but at least BnS lvl...)

5. Cosmetics having stats- not saying it's P2W, but it is giving an advantage to people who buy costumes, pets etc. I wouldn't be this much against it if they didn't promise "purely cosmetic" cosmetics before showing as the Cash Shop. That's just a lie now.

In overall this is what kills some of the joy for me and this is something that scares my friends away. If they leave I don't think I'll want to play BD aswell.