• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Forums are getting pretty awful

119 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Anyone who is defending Daum with subject evidence is a white knight.

I never claimed the Ghilee suit breaks the game or the shop is P2W so don't lump me in with them. However there are certain things about those items that I can objectively agree could be improved.

On the other hand I see a 30 page thread almost every day posted about how the gear progression is completely lackluster. Telling me that you personally don't care isn't a refutation of the issue many people have.

From what I understand - you're claiming that if the forums were locked down to single accounts that have to actually have paid for the game, then all criticism and suggestions to improve the game would disappear? The only forum that I can recall that happening on was the SoE ones for EQ2, when any and all criticism of SoE meant a thread being deleted and the poster being banned. Most companies allow reasonable (and some not so reasonable) criticism on their paywalled forums with zero repercussions to the posters, unless they're actually trolls in the proper sense of the word (and sometimes not even then).

My suggestion would be to lock down the forums to paying active* accounts, except for tech support, the actual suggestions sub-forum and the newbie section.

*has to have logged onto the game at least once in a 14 day period

Edited by Baneus

Posted

i've lost hope in humanity more times via this forum then anything else.

i don't want to live on this planet anymore.

/; - ;

Posted

In the interim please *PLEASE* get more moderation coverage on the forums.

I actually asked Jouska if i could volunteer moderate the forums. Told me to submit an application.

Posted

I have found the forum really useful in helping me to decide NOT to buy the game.

Thanks for being so open in all your negativity, juvenile sniping and general intolerance of each others points of view.  

You have saved me 50 euros.  :D

you acuatly lost gametime in the best mmo to get out in the last 20years. but ok you saved 50 bucks
why the F are you creeping on the forum of a game you haven't bought still.

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't understand why. Just ignore the trolls if you don't like them. I'm pretty sure the forums have a block button

If it does I'd love to know where it is.

Posted

well i think some things has to be changed, but we have so many troll accounts here that flood the forums with real stupid shit that sometimes i loose myself and go into ubertroll mode

That's pretty much how every gaming related forum is unfortunately.

Posted

This forum looks like every other major MMO's official forum, besides the random posts with foreign phone numbers.  Not sure what those are all about.

angry shutdown chinese goldsellers.

Posted

Name one game where you think gear progression was done right, and explain quickly why you thought it was a good way to do gear progression.  I'm curious.

Vanilla WoW.

Gear remains interesting throughout your leveling experience. Gear that is truly unique or powerful requires huge time investments and is recognized by other players. Many different avenues to receive gear besides "Raiding".

BC ruined this IMO.

But honestly - I am totally fine with how gear is handed out in BDO, It's a Sandbox MMO.. It's totally fine. The problem is that the gear doesn't change your appearance, you are relegated to the nearest cash shop if you ever wanna stop looking like Gandalf.

Posted

@bakimono: I'm aware of that, but both "sides" are guilty of it...

I didn't say anything to that effect, I said it would be a start to stave off a chunk of it that shouldn't even be here to moderate.

That's pretty much how every gaming related forum is unfortunately.

Which is exactly why companies are better served by taking extra steps to mitigate it.

Posted (edited)

I don't know how well it works since I don't like to block anyone, but it's here.

block.png

Edited by Char_for_president_2016

Posted

This thread is a great example of why they should lock the forums lol.

Posted (edited)

btw if anyone wants to see a real shitshow watch the tree of savior forums....

after they showed the pre order details the forums was going nuts.....

Edited by Farina

Posted

Innnn myyy safffe spacccee...

Myyy Safe Space!!

Posted

I don't know how well it works since I don't like to block anyone, but it's here.

block.png

I've been looking for that in people's account page lol... thanks.

Posted

btw if anyone wants to see a real shitshow watch the tree of savior forums....

after they showed the pre order details the forums was going nuts.....

That was -----ing great.

I've been looking for that in people's account page lol... thanks.

No problem.

Posted

No problem.

Yeah, not knowing where it was really contributed to my aggravation.

A number of people here say the ugliest shit simply because you have a different opinion than they do and I thought I would be unable to mute them.

I really hate to block people, hate to report them even more... I generally think people should say what they want to say but sometimes I'm naive enough to believe people would have some semblance of common decency.

Posted

Shills and trolls. Same as always.

Posted

Shills and trolls. Same as always.

War.. War never changes.

Posted

this thread is a shining example why we need OPs suggestion

Posted

@CM_Jouska @CM_Tytyes

Guys... seriously... it's time to emphatically suggest to the higher ups a forum overhaul, block IP's just like the game does and tie forum accounts to in game accounts and purchase lock commenting except for in one section.

you're uh.... Not wrong.

Posted

Vanilla WoW.

Gear remains interesting throughout your leveling experience. Gear that is truly unique or powerful requires huge time investments and is recognized by other players. Many different avenues to receive gear besides "Raiding".

BC ruined this IMO.

But honestly - I am totally fine with how gear is handed out in BDO, It's a Sandbox MMO.. It's totally fine. The problem is that the gear doesn't change your appearance, you are relegated to the nearest cash shop if you ever wanna stop looking like Gandalf.

I never would have guessed you mean cosmetic progression when you said "gear progression".  However, I played Vanilla WoW, and I think your memory is rose-colored:

1.  All of your weapons while leveling looked like dogshit.  Your armor made you look like a low-class clown.  This was the case until you got your dungeon set/tier .5 gear, after which you started to maybe look like someone who wasn't trying to dress up as an adventurer/hero for Halloween on a budget.

2.  Gear was extraordinarily uninteresting.  You just had incrementally larger numbers as rewards the entire process, and the mish-mash of different pieces of gear made you look like the aforementioned Halloween Budget Clown.  In every way, the gear was boring.

3.  The only other avenue to get actually powerful gear was to PvP, and those who actually achieved Warlord status (or whatever the Alliance equivalent was) most likely shared their account across multiple people who were continually grinding BGs for weeks.  The Dungeon set was lackluster, and the Legionnaire gear was pretty basic too.  I don't think crafted gear mattered at all unless you raided to get mats (but that's raiding).

Two things I'll concede:

1.  Gear recognition was definitely a thing, and they could potentially try to make higher level enchanted gear look a little snazzier in the game.  However, the days of sitting in a game and admiring gear seem like they're past, because everyone always feels like they deserve all gear in the game anyway.  Not even WoW provides a very large differentiation between Mythic Gear and the rest, and I don't think anyone really cares if you're in Mythic gear anyway, because everyone already does Normal/Heroic raids.  Raiding isn't special, so the gear isn't special.  However, if that's something you'd like to see in this game, I can see it being a thing that might be fun for some.

2.  The Tier .5 gear in WoW was the most fun I've ever had acquiring gear.  The quest chain was ------you long, it took you all over the world, and some of the quests were legitimately difficult.  In fact, Lord Valthalak is, to this day, my Great White Buffalo in MMOs.  He was this impossible boss (at the time, anyway) that I didn't even see die when one group I was in mostly consisted of hardcore raiders in T3 gear.  You couldn't really be carried through that fight, and he was very punishing.  For just Tier .5 gear.

The only way I can see gear progression being not ultra shallow is to make it an adventure with a very long list of steps.  Take me all around the world, have me kill different bosses, have me farm different mobs, and have it culminate in some boss fight.  If you're grinding raids, or mobs, or time in battlegrounds, or anything like that just to get a few +stats, then it's whatever.  

1 person likes this

Posted

I didn't say anything to that effect, I said it would be a start to stave off a chunk of it that shouldn't even be here to moderate.

I know, I still don't think it would help much...

Besides, Daum hasn't shown to much of an interest in fostering a positive community up until now (by, say, being more transparent), so I doubt they would put in the work of implementing proper access controls to the forums. So, my suggestion stands: Weather the trolls (third party or otherwise) and wait till they have moved on to the next game.

Posted

@CM_Jouska @CM_Tytyes

Guys... seriously... it's time to emphatically suggest to the higher ups a forum overhaul, block IP's just like the game does and tie forum accounts to in game accounts and purchase lock commenting except for in one section.

Or you could simply not read them.... B|

Posted (edited)

We'll see bottle, flash where

Edited by Jorritwildschut@gmail.com

Posted

I have suggested linked forum accounts and everytime its ignore. The cm`s like to hide the topics