• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Design Flaw - Achievement Combat Skill Points

32 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

ITT: only retards who haven't hit softcap replying.

I am currently level 53, it takes me 5 hours to get a single level up (3 skill points) and I decided to reroll yesterday.

What OP is concerned about is that for people like me, by the time I reach 53 on my valkyrie I will STILL be 26 skill points short because rewarded skill points and those earned in combat are seperate.

This means if my valkyrie was my first character she would have 610.

Now she will have 584 which is an entire extra level in a skill + an entire flow skill. (Which, btw is the difference between 1 shotting a pack of mobs and 3 shotting them)

Edited by Phantasmagorie
1 person likes this

Posted

We shall see. Plan to grind to 53 this weekend so I'll update you on how many I get

For every 1 point you grind, just know. You could have 26 more.

Posted (edited)

No way you got 30 skill points in 3 hours after you hit the softcap. Ill get 1 level up every 2-3 hours if that. Currently sitting at 590ish skill points.

Edited by LadyFreja

Posted

Hello, there's a topic I would like to bring up.

As you're leveling up your character you get Achievements for reaching levels... 10, 20, 30, 40, 45, 50, and 60. Each of these Achievements grant you Combat Skill Points (x), as well as some other things, but the point of this topic will be Combat Skill Points.

Details:
Level 10 Achievement - Combat Skill Points (1) + Other
Level 20 Achievement - Combat Skill Points (2) + Other
Level 30 Achievement - Combat Skill Points (3) + Other
Level 40 Achievement - Combat Skill Points (4) + Other
Level 45 Achievement - Combat Skill Points (4) + Other
Level 50 Achievement - Combat Skill Points (5) + Other
Level 60 Achievement - Combat Skill Points (7) + Other

In total you will receive 26 Combat Skill Points from Achievements! smile.png

Now let's talk about the issue I noticed with this.

You can only receive rewards from an Achievement on 1 character, therefore you can only receive these extra 26 Combat Skill points on a single character PER GAME ACCOUNT.

If you are familiar with the way Combat Skill Point XP works, you know that there is a Softcap on the amount of levels you will receive for Combat Skill Points. These extra 26 Combat Skill Points are crucial to go onto your main character. Also note that every Alt character you make will be lacking these extra 26 Combat Skill Points.

IMO, this is very broken/over-sighted  game design, and needs to be fixed.

complaining about this, but you yourself said the operative word: softcap. you can grind more. 26 points is like 1/30 of how many you can get anyway, can have a fully functional alt without it. probably takes less time to get those 26 points than it does to max hp, stam, strength, etc.

Posted

complaining about this, but you yourself said the operative word: softcap. you can grind more. 26 points is like 1/30 of how many you can get anyway, can have a fully functional alt without it. probably takes less time to get those 26 points than it does to max hp, stam, strength, etc.

Softcap will eventually feel like a hardcap, where it would take you a week or more to gain even 1 point. So when you finally reach that point of the softcap you're going to wish you had 26 points.

I think the Devs really need to address this issue.

Purchasing a whole new copy of the game is the only way to get these points... and it's just bad design.

Posted

Still an issue and still should be looked at. This is a pretty significant difference - 26 SP is almost 9 levels of your class passive, or a single game changing skill like Scars of Dusk. That's a HUGE disadvantage for alts, and especially for players who didn't have their class at launch and were unaware that this was once per account.

Posted

stop whining and just buy another account

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0