• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

WTF fishing spot only Yellow ?

69 posts in this topic

Posted

Would be nice if someone shared a location with me..since the one in Velia is always Exhausted :( Im from Jordine so if I dont interfere with ur secret plz msg me ur location :c

Posted

Sorry but um, where does his post say "ONLY YELLOWS"?

In the freaking title of the thread, are you serious?

Posted

I'm very skeptical.  The fish system works the SAME everywhere.  Doesn't matter what the hot spot is populated with, the game should not allow it to give yellows, all yellows, and nothing but yellows.  @CM_Jouska @CM_Praballo @CM_Tytyes @PM_Belsazar if one of you could check this out and if it is a bug, please correct it ASAP!  Thanks very much.

the hot spot DOES NOT give nothing but yellows. it has a much higher chance of blues/yellows and it is VERY HARD to miss, even just by a boats length. do your research.

Posted

the hot spot DOES NOT give nothing but yellows. it has a much higher chance of blues/yellows and it is VERY HARD to miss, even just by a boats length. do your research.

All hot spots have a much higher chance of blues/yellows.  None more than any other.

Posted

Yeah because you can just buy treant suit for $21.73 can't you ?

No you HAVE to buy a $30 Pearl pack to have the Pearls to buy it

Mercedes is worth more than a Ford because of the workmanship that has gone into, the materials used, the cost of production, the Research & development behind it, the Engine power etc the list is endless why Mercedes are more expensive than most Fords

Saying that though I'd rather have a Mustang than a Mercedes unless it's a Mercedes/McClaren SLR

You can fanboy all you want with your BS rhetoric that you only really spout for self justification for yourself spending the money, it doesn't wash with the rest of us though

I was speaking of buying the $100 Pearl pack not the $30 Pearl pack.  The point is, it doesn't cost $30 or anything close to it, it costs exactly 21.73 if you buy a $100 pack of pearls.

Fords in this game are the costumes available in game.  The Pearl costumes are the Mercedes. What you're really asking is akin to everyone driving a Mercedes. Point is, the store bought costumes should be rare and arguably the best and thus should be rarer. 

Anyways, none of this has to do with this thread topic. I agree on the Mustang though ( =

Posted

so there is hotspots outside of the 1 of vilea thats good to know i was considering not getting a boat as the spot at velia is insanly profitable

ZimTactics I can show you the spot of one thousand truths pm me in game "Arellana" I'll show you how to catch the elusive golden fish worth one mil mentioned in the Korean patch notes.

Posted

Okay I'm not going to say how you should spend your money, I just think it's silly as you're keep the prices higher than they should be by spending so much and it's not like you've spent all $300 worth of pearls, yet Daum has the full $300 now

lol how DARE he

Posted

I was speaking of buying the $100 Pearl pack not the $30 Pearl pack.  The point is, it doesn't cost $30 or anything close to it, it costs exactly 21.73 if you buy a $100 pack of pearls.

Fords in this game are the costumes available in game.  The Pearl costumes are the Mercedes. What you're really asking is akin to everyone driving a Mercedes. Point is, the store bought costumes should be rare and arguably the best and thus should be rarer. 

Anyways, none of this has to do with this thread topic. I agree on the Mustang though ( =

So in order to buy a costume for $21.73 you have to spend $100

Do you actually possess any ability to think critically and logically ?

Your analogy of fords/mercedes vs ingame costumes/cash shop costumes hold no water either as it requires exactly the same manpower and talent to create an ingame costume as it does a cash shop costume

Not to mention it costs absolutely zero money after that first creation to replicate a digital item, say for instance it costs $45,000 to create the costumes, it's 45,000 whether 1 is sold or 100,000 are sold, for a car it costs $26,000 to make for each car, so at 100,000 cars you're looking at $2.6million to produce them

But I fear this will be totally lost on you but at least we can agree that Mustangs are nice vehicles

1 person likes this

Posted

So in order to buy a costume for $21.73 you have to spend $100

Do you actually possess any ability to think critically and logically ?

Your analogy of fords/mercedes vs ingame costumes/cash shop costumes hold no water either as it requires exactly the same manpower and talent to create an ingame costume as it does a cash shop costume

Not to mention it costs absolutely zero money after that first creation to replicate a digital item, say for instance it costs $45,000 to create the costumes, it's 45,000 whether 1 is sold or 100,000 are sold, for a car it costs $26,000 to make for each car, so at 100,000 cars you're looking at $2.6million to produce them

But I fear this will be totally lost on you but at least we can agree that Mustangs are nice vehicles

I think you're intentionally being obtuse at this point.

When you come into a game you usually know whether or not it will hold your interest for a reasonable amount of time and if it is worth supporting. If you feel you'll be playing it then it is not unreasonable to make a $100 investment in order to stretch that investment to the maximum amount. I seriously doubt anyone who bought a ghillie suit bought the $30 pearl box with the intent to never use the cash shop again. Perhaps some people could only afford $30 and no more so that is what they bought buy I bet most people who are in this game for the long haul  (with jobs) are buying their pearls at the $100 rate.

You completely missed the point on my analogy. A Ford is a method of transportation designed to be affordable for everyone and pretty much any employed individual can afford one. That's why you see so many of them on the road and they are unremarkable. A Mercedes is far more expensive and out of the reach for most people. It is a luxury item not just a method of transportation so it will be more rare than a ford and come with some benefits you wont find in a Ford.  (Nothing wrong with Fords BTW, I own 3 of them currently). My analogy ends there, digital items and manufactured goods are very dissimilar.

Now you're talking about the pricing of digital goods. Daum has set a price point that they feel will give them the most profit. Perhaps they would make more if they lowered their prices, perhaps they would not. Neither of us will ever know the answer to that.

My personal preference is to not look like everyone else and thus I would like never buy a cheap $7-$10 costume. I played ESO for 2 years and they released maybe 50 different costumes and I only bought 2 of them in that time and never spent a dollar of my money at their crown(pearl) store for cosmetics.  

I think if they're going to release cheap costumes then it should be 100% cosmetic with no benefits or advantages.  Premium/luxury items should always have a luxury price.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

(Nothing wrong with Fords BTW, I own 3 of them currently).

I think if they're going to release cheap costumes then it should be 100% cosmetic with no benefits or advantages.  Premium/luxury items should always have a luxury price.

Says it all really... we're done

The reality is you enjoy indulgence and the illusion of "premium" goods and paid for advantages in games

In regards to pricing, yes they would make more money lowering the prices as more people would be inclined to actually buy pearls to buy the items, the polls are testament to that with the majority of players purchasing zero pearls which is most likely due to the high prices in the store

I'm not spending a penny until they remove paid for advantages and make the prices more reasonable, the funny thing is, even if you buy a costume you're still not going to look unique due to the fact there's so few costumes at the moment, so if you truly wanted to look unique you would have waited for more variety in the cash shop

All I see from you are self conjured justifications to avoid admitting you're a sucker for the high prices and nothing that actually holds any valid merit to sway someone in favour of your opinion

Edited by ArgleBargle

Posted

All hot spots have a much higher chance of blues/yellows.  None more than any other.

literally...i dont know why you are quoting me. i never said any hot spot has more than any other. :|

Posted

Says it all really... we're done

The reality is you enjoy indulgence and the illusion of "premium" goods and paid for advantages in games

In regards to pricing, yes they would make more money lowering the prices as more people would be inclined to actually buy pearls to buy the items, the polls are testament to that with the majority of players purchasing zero pearls which is most likely due to the high prices in the store

I'm not spending a penny until they remove paid for advantages and make the prices more reasonable, the funny thing is, even if you buy a costume you're still not going to look unique due to the fact there's so few costumes at the moment, so if you truly wanted to look unique you would have waited for more variety in the cash shop

All I see from you are self conjured justifications to avoid admitting you're a sucker for the high prices and nothing that actually holds any valid merit to sway someone in favour of your opinion

If I actually thought I received a true "advantage" in the game I'd never support it. As it stands I'm not even level 50 yet, Have zero stones spent on weapons or armor and am just enjoying insane depth of the crafting system and million things to do in the game. 

I don't know how accurate your "polls" are but I don't know a player in my guild who hasn't admitted to buying pearls yet. One guy bemoaned spending $40 alone last night fighting a world boss (I imagine on tears).

I'm not even buying these costumes for the look atm. The only one that looks decent so far is the pre-order and I haven't bought anything for cosmetic reasons at this point, only time savers (+1 gathering, +1 fishing, +1 luck, bonus to identify and identify quality), inventory space.   

Look at the reverse. If the costumes which provided decent benefits were cheap, and everyone had one, then what would be the point of even bothering to craft any of them? High prices ensure scarcity and that makes sense.

Regardless your use of the term "High" is relative.....and I'm not alone in my thinking it appears.

Posted (edited)

If I actually thought I received a true "advantage" in the game I'd never support it. As it stands I'm not even level 50 yet, Have zero stones spent on weapons or armor and am just enjoying insane depth of the crafting system and million things to do in the game. 

I don't know how accurate your "polls" are but I don't know a player in my guild who hasn't admitted to buying pearls yet. One guy bemoaned spending $40 alone last night fighting a world boss (I imagine on tears).

I'm not even buying these costumes for the look atm. The only one that looks decent so far is the pre-order and I haven't bought anything for cosmetic reasons at this point, only time savers (+1 gathering, +1 fishing, +1 luck, bonus to identify and identify quality), inventory space.   

Look at the reverse. If the costumes which provided decent benefits were cheap, and everyone had one, then what would be the point of even bothering to craft any of them? High prices ensure scarcity and that makes sense.

Regardless your use of the term "High" is relative.....and I'm not alone in my thinking it appears.

The costumes should just be that, costumes, cosmetic with zero advantage same with the pets too

You're forgetting your costumes also give you +10% experience, -10% death penalty and we're not even getting into the advantages of the fish costume or the ghillie suit

Paid for advantages should NEVER be in a competitive open world game

As for crafting costumes, Hello ? Since when can you craft the cash shop costumes ?

And yes while you may not be alone in your thinking you're certainly in the minority, also there's a lot more Europeans playing and a lot of those countries are flat out broke and get abysmal wages compared to richer nations like UK, Germany and France so for them the cost of the costumes are even more expensive and isn't the difference between a night out but equate to pretty much a whole weeks worth of living, yet another thing you likely do not consider because it's outside of your "bubble"

Edited by ArgleBargle

Posted

I am sitting here for 1 hour now.. that is what my inventory looks like after I came back lol.. guess I will keep this spot secret but damn lol...

fisching_lol.thumb.jpg.86fc519e5229b112c

hope your nodes are connected and active or else -30% per fish. Ouch!

Posted

Fish costume doesn't have the +10% experience, nor does the treant costume. Preorder costume does but they all have unique *minor* set bonuses. 

None of those items are a must have or give a real advantage to players who do not have them. It's a pretty common model these days.

Never said you could craft cash shop costumes, but if everyone and their mother already has every cash shop costume what reason is there for the ability to craft any costume? Same with Horse breeding. If you could buy Tier 7 horses for cheap wouldn't everyone do that? If so why would anyone ever care about breeding? 

As far as Daum not taking market economies into account when pricing their items, that's on them and they'll ultimately need to find a way to balance that out as long as I'm not directly competing with players who can obtain the same things for less based upon where they live.  In my opinion if a game costs you a freaking *week* worth of wages then WTF are you playing a game for? Get off your ass and improve your position in life and quite wasting it in a video game when you're below the poverty level.

Posted

in before fish outfit helped you catch all those yellows.

EDIT:

How did you get to lvl5 fishing with no food?

I get the clothes and fishing outfit = 3, +1 with the Rod... = 4

Where'd that last +1 come from?

+1 is from the guild I talked with them and said DO IT! 1 FISHING SKILL POINT IS ALL I NEED!

Mfw i've spent over 500 dollars on this game only buying pets, 3 outfits storage and weight upgrades and the rest on dye.

How much would an inventory like that net you?

I got 2.8 Million after I was finishd with the spot ^^ took me 1 hours 12 minuets.

Posted

I am sitting here for 1 hour now.. that is what my inventory looks like after I came back lol.. guess I will keep this spot secret but damn lol...

Only yellow? nice 25 seaweed in your inventory lol

Posted

Only yellow? nice 25 seaweed in your inventory lol

Wait! Not true thoes seaweed is in there for days I gathered it for daylies so I can do them quickly and do not need to actually go gather them.:)

You do not get seaweed in that spot xD

Posted

Thanks for the tip, going to go check out your lucky fishing spot.