• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Where is Oculus Rift/Vive support? Did they gave upon it?

34 posts in this topic

Posted

They have shown exploration videos with the rift on youtube, They PROMISED us support?! Where is it?

Posted

I'm curious as well.  Would love to play this on oculus.  

Posted

VorpX support might be on the way, but I didn't hear anything about direct support for either of the devices.

Posted (edited)

It's clear, this is just another overhyped and crap mmo with no VR in mind. 

No thank you devs, this is worse than what Elder Scrolls Online was when it launched...

Expected this to be a game changer game. EverQuest Next got canceled and VR support for FFXIV has also been dropped.

Today's devs have no idea how implement VR....is it so hard to make a game in First person, remove all the UI stuck to your face as hide it. What is so hard about this?

Edited by WhiteSkyMage

Posted

No thank you, this is worse than what Elder Scrolls Online was when it launched...

*Bust out chair and whip* Yah! YAH! Back to MetaCritic with you, ESO troll!

2 people like this

Posted

they didnt promise from anything I saw. And VR is a terrible idea for an MMO, at least any standard mmo. BDO wouldn't work well at all in VR. The demonstration they showed proved it.

stick to VR specific apps that are designed to stay about 90fps and don't require menus.

1 person likes this

Posted

they didnt promise from anything I saw. And VR is a terrible idea for an MMO, at least any standard mmo. BDO wouldn't work well at all in VR. The demonstration they showed proved it.

stick to VR specific apps that are designed to stay about 90fps and don't require menus.

with a game like this i have to agree. youd more than likely snap your neck during a GvG. its nice for somethings, this... is not one of them.

1 person likes this

Posted

with a game like this i have to agree. youd more than likely snap your neck during a GvG. its nice for somethings, this... is not one of them.

and you know the FPS is going to drop for the VAST majority of users, making it a terrible experience.

And people complain about the UI on regular monitors...imagine them trying to work a functional VR menu...

1 person likes this

Posted

Today's devs have no idea how implement VR....is it so hard to make a game in First person, remove all the UI stuck to your face as hide it. What is so hard about this?

and you clearly have no idea how non-trivial it is to get a game engine to deliver high framerate stereo imagery. 

Posted

I just dont find anything new to this game guys. VR could have been, completely distructible world, could have been, like it was planned for EverQuest next, and a world changing permanently depending on player choices could have also been a features.

ESO was an average, it was Ok for the time it was developed for, but devs just went crazy with $$ thirst.

I think this game has nothing but "graphics" in mind. Sorry to say but i find 0 innovation here. I am not saying that must be a VR exclusive, but for the people who can keep fps high, why not? Otherwise, still, it is ok for the guys on monitors....

Posted (edited)

I think, at this point, we are past "game changers" in the MMO genre, at least in the west... people might not yet realize it yet, but half a**ed ports like this one (seriously, you know it is) are what we will get from now on. With very few exceptions, western MMO's are over.

As far as VR goes: I have yet to see a game with decent VR implementation, let alone an MMO... aside from Elite, the concept has yet to even proof itself.

Edited by WarBaby2

Posted (edited)

I think, at this point, we are past "game changers" in the MMO genre, at least in the west... people might not yet realize it yet, but half a**ed ports like this one (seriously, you know it is) are what we will get from now on. With very few exceptions, western MMO's are over.

Wait this a port from a console? O.o What the hell...the crewed up the whole game

This is a PC exclusive as wiki says. Strange, unless they were just lazy...

Edited by WhiteSkyMage

Posted

They have shown exploration videos with the rift on youtube, They PROMISED us support?! Where is it?

All development for vr stopped when Facebook bought oculus and it's unlikely to ever come back unless vr actually becomes a legitimate platform, right now it's kind of a joke, their pushing out machines with no content to push sales.

Posted

All development for vr stopped when Facebook bought oculus and it's unlikely to ever come back unless vr actually becomes a legitimate platform, right now it's kind of a joke, their pushing out machines with no content to push sales.

If nobody develops for, then how is VR to become a platform?

Looks to me like people hate facebook...?

Posted

Wait this a port from a console? O.o What the hell...the crewed up the whole game

No, "port" as in port from another language. Sorry.

Posted

No thank you devs, this is worse than what Elder Scrolls Online was when it launched...

Expected this to be a game changer game. EverQuest Next got canceled and VR support for FFXIV has also been dropped.

EverQuest is still ongoing, they just don't post updates. Those who play are sworn to not speak a word about it. Also, have you actually played any VR games? Majority of them are just simple walk-through games that are pretty basic when it comes to "gameplay" this game wouldn't work unless you just want to walk around and watch everything.

Posted

If nobody develops for, then how is VR to become a platform?

Looks to me like people hate facebook...?

Sony, steam, and Facebook are pushing out the headgear to keep up with its competitors, they aren't making game or anything with which it can be used on however, every game for them as if right now are all indie titles with no triple a production value, basically their using the indie market to see if vr is viable before they invest, and right now it's flopping hardcore.

Posted

EverQuest is still ongoing, they just don't post updates. Those who play are sworn to not speak a word about it. Also, have you actually played any VR games? Majority of them are just simple walk-through games that are pretty basic when it comes to "gameplay" this game wouldn't work unless you just want to walk around and watch everything.

I had quite some fun playing TESO and some other games in VR... it wasn't perfect, but very immersive. If you can play a game without an UI, then it's doable in VR.

Posted

I had quite some fun playing TESO and some other games in VR... it wasn't perfect, but very immersive. If you can play a game without an UI, then it's doable in VR.

I've tested the VR when Sony had one (2012), it was very clunky and I didn't enjoy it. I don't see a point in playing a game that requires a UI/Menu just so you can see in the eyes of your character. I mean there is a game that's coming out pretty soon similar to SOA but that game is being built around the VR.

Posted

Sony, steam, and Facebook are pushing out the headgear to keep up with its competitors, they aren't making game or anything with which it can be used on however, every game for them as if right now are all indie titles with no triple a production value, basically their using the indie market to see if vr is viable before they invest, and right now it's flopping hardcore.

I haven't really played vr games but i have seen demos. Job simulator and Elite Dangerous are quite fun... I thought dev kits would be send to developers so they can test and implement VR features in AAA titles. But didnt realize that nobody is investing in this... 

And why is EverQuest announced to be canceled then?

I've tested the VR when Sony had one (2012), it was very clunky and I didn't enjoy it. I don't see a point in playing a game that requires a UI/Menu just so you can see in the eyes of your character. I mean there is a game that's coming out pretty soon similar to SOA but that game is being built around the VR.

They can hide all menus and bars. You will just make them apper when you need them. Otherwise you perform certain moves or combos using controlers. No hp/mp bars stuck on your face. They can be put somewhere else that u have to look aside, down or somewhere else to see them, or it would just flash when u are low health... if everything is hidden, it would be ok.

Posted

I was thinking Landmark, my bad.

Posted (edited)

I was thinking Landmark, my bad.

Landmark is getting released as a game. But EverQuest Next is fully canceled - development has stopped.

Landmark was supposed to be a tool for EverQuest Next, so that devs take ideas from players and put them in the MMO. Now playing Landmark has no point, unless you enjoy it. I played it only for that competition for submitting work for EVQ, now i just completely removed it...

Edited by WhiteSkyMage

Posted

So is Elite Dangerous, which I was a tester for on my DK2... it was great, but it also showed the limitations of this "new" tech very clearly.

1 person likes this

Posted

What kind of opinion is this. You clearly have no idea what programming is. 

You also cant read simple! descriptions of the product you talk about. The oculus rift has basically a 600x600 monitor. Who the hell cares if its supported or not,since it isnt viable yet.

Posted

I mean there is a game that's coming out pretty soon similar to SOA but that game is being built around the VR.

unfortunately it's coming out in 2022, and there's some interesting evidence that it's a publicity stunt rather then a reality, we can hope but atm that game is a theoretical at best.