• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

PC freeze/crash after Loading Screen at 100% [solved]

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

This issue just started happening this past Monday (3/14 around 2pm cst). I played CBT2 and since launch....no issues. Monday, I was playing, took a break for lunch, came back and launched the game and the trouble started. I have repeated it several times while trying numerous "fixes". Nothing has worked.

ISSUE/BUG

From launcher after login, click "play".

From initial screen, click "start game".

Select character (any).

Loading screen begins....black spirit chasing little guy across bottom from left to right.....as they get to the right side (ie. 100%)....the screen/window freezes....audio still going.

Soon after, it gradually will freeze my entire computer up (no response).

Have to manually turn off the PC and back on....which then goes through it's CHKDISK routine scanning for errors about every 3rd time of this.

My machine...

Windows 7-Ultimate (64 bit)

NVidia GeForce 750 ti graphics card

tried in windowed(border) and full window(non-border) mode (the latter had worked every time before Monday)

attempted corrections (none worked):

-uninstall and reinstall client (re-patching took forever!)

-make NVidia profile for game

-turn on/off v-sync for game profile

-flush DNS

-turn on/off firewall/anti-virus

Client log gives some hints at what might be going on, but I could not say for sure.  It mentions memory allocation issue when trying to load various XML from my UserCache....I did notice some of them that the XML looks cut/corrupt/incomplete. So I will try to delete the cache files and re-try. Also wondering if this all might be due to some "hold over" of files from CBT2 that are now causing issues with the "live" version.

SOLVED!!!

Good thing I own a tech consulting company! haha

The "user cache" is/was my problem!

Upon inspecting the XML, I could see some looked incomplete/cut/not "well formed", so I suspected a corrupted file (possibly not written completely on disconnect?).

Anyways, I cleared/deleted (actually moved to a "backup directory" until sure) my "UserCache" file from my user directory (ie. like "<your name>/Documents/Black Desert/UserCache" and restarted the game. As expected (thankfully!) with no cached data there, it rebuilt it itself.

All works fine now and I am back in playing!

Edited by Natural Selection
2 people like this

Posted

this is currently happening to me, my character/game froze on a mount, ended bdo process. now i cant log in that character at all. other characters i can, but not my main. tried removing my user cache. still stuck, any other ideas besides the ones listed?

Posted

SOLVED!!!

Good thing I own a tech consulting company! haha

The "user cache" is/was my problem!

Upon inspecting the XML, I could see some looked incomplete/cut/not "well formed", so I suspected a corrupted file (possibly not written completely on disconnect?).

Anyways, I cleared/deleted (actually moved to a "backup directory" until sure) my "UserCache" file from my user directory (ie. like "<your name>/Documents/Black Desert/UserCache" and restarted the game. As expected (thankfully!) with no cached data there, it rebuilt it itself.

All works fine now and I am back in playing!

Ty i love you !!! Same problem solved with your solution ! :D

Posted

Same problem, game freezing after every restart.

I deleted the "user cache" folder and it works perfectly, but my skillbar and options are also reset to default everyytime, so I have to configure all again und put my skills and items back in the skillbar. That sucks.

Do I really need to delete the whole "user cache" file or ist it just a simple file which causes the freezing?

Posted

I guess a wise thing to do is to keep a backup of a working config.  Just so that if the game crashes, the old config could be used to overwrite the running config.