• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Witch/Wizard WAY TO OP

68 posts in this topic

Posted

How are witches/wizards able to have a ability that can literally insant kill a 110dp person with just Lightning and kill multiple people while rooting and killing an entire party? Never seen a game with a instant kill ability for any player period.

Posted (edited)

"Instant kill ability" lmao

Wizards can easily get one-shot by a number of classes. If your group was good at pvp you'd have sorcs blowing up wizards mid cast and singling them out to target so they can't free cast a meteor on your entire group.

They are definitely strong for group fights and have a high aoe damage output, so expect them to be a big part of GvG. However they are still glass cannons and can easily be countered. Not to mention in a 1v1 scenario they are far less effective and will likely lose most encounters at equal gear.

That's my take. Maybe I'm bias because I main wizard.

Edited by Bloodyz
4 people like this

Posted

The game balance doesn't really revolve around 1v1's.

Doesn't mean you can't get good fights, but at a 1v1 1:1 skill scale, some classes will always beat some others. It's not bad, yes it can be frustarting to lose a duel and tell yourself "nothing i could do about it", don't take it personally, this kind of unbalance is actually healthy for team fight balance. Yes there are arenas, but the meat of the PvP game lies in group fights. And in group fights, some player's dedicated role is to not let the damn nuker nuke.

1 person likes this

Posted

The game balance doesn't really revolve around 1v1's.

Doesn't mean you can't get good fights, but at a 1v1 1:1 skill scale, some classes will always beat some others. It's not bad, yes it can be frustarting to lose a duel and tell yourself "nothing i could do about it", don't take it personally, this kind of unbalance is actually healthy for team fight balance. Yes there are arenas, but the meat of the PvP game lies in group fights. And in group fights, some player's dedicated role is to not let the damn nuker nuke.

Problem is in group fights witches/wizards are even more OP than in 1v1

(as every range class)

1 person likes this

Posted

How are witches/wizards able to have a ability that can literally insant kill a 110dp person with just Lightning and kill multiple people while rooting and killing an entire party? Never seen a game with a instant kill ability for any player period.

Wizards and Rangers are op in this game - EVERYONE knows this and most if not all have known this for a VERY long time.

You can either play an underdog class like I do - or roll an op class and feel like a god; BDO caters to all personality types :)

Posted

False. Everyone know wizards are the worst 1v1 class and only are good for farming and sieges.

3 people like this

Posted

False. Everyone know wizards are the worst 1v1 class and only are good for farming and sieges.

By "everyone" you mean yourself?

1 person likes this

Posted

If other player attack first (equal gear) the wizard is dead but if the wizard attack first they can 100-0 anyone. This is the best example of a glass cannon not OP.

They are the most susceptible class against interrupts. If you learn how to interrupt them they are dead and even with instacast they have a long animation.

The mobility is not great, you can only teleport but every class have more than that.

And everyone with a proper gear and skill can 100-0 a wizard (and any other class) regardless the class.

We could discuss CC changes benefits ranged classes because melees haven't got awakened weapons for now but this don't mean that wizards are op.

Posted

Not about PvP but I had these convos....

- Damn I hate witches....

- Why?

- I die with her all the time, such long casting, squishy, not as much evades as my sorc  :/ 

A few days later.

- Damn I hate witches...

- Why again?

- They just steamroll killsteal everything under my nose, no skill OP class >:(

Yeah, right 9_9

4 people like this

Posted

If you look at the wizard/witch kit you'll see that there are some utility/support skills but a lot of it is basically just high damage aoe cleave with added ccs.

Playing it reminds me a bit of the sage/sorc from swtor but with less sustain because the Magical Shield doesn't fully absorb damage but rather just mitigates a portion as MP damage instead.

As for getting globaled that's really not that uncommon in mmos.  Almost every game I've ever played had at least one skill or combo that could 100-0 players under the right conditions.

Posted

Not about PvP but I had these convos....

- Damn I hate witches....

- Why?

- I die with her all the time, such long casting, squishy, not as much evades as my sorc  :/ 

A few days later.

- Damn I hate witches...

- Why again?

- They just steamroll killsteal everything under my nose, no skill OP class >:(

Yeah, right 9_9

Wizards need first how to kite while grinding. Then they are the best killing hordes of mobs.

In general if you let the wizard cast they will destroy everything, mob or player. But is really easy to don't let them to cast (well, if you don't like pk avoiding the killstealing part is harder).

Posted

As a witch i get REKT by some pro rangers and sorc. :P

1 person likes this

Posted

I have a few questions for you sir (OP)

1.  Did you stand there?

2. Were you mesmerized by the casting effects/spell effects?

3. Did you attempt to do anything i.e. CC so they can't cast?

If you said "yes" to any of the above that is the reason you died.  Thank you.

1 person likes this

Posted

There is a solution: If you think it's really that OP level one up and use it.

However I think you'll find like the rest of us find that the Wizard/Witch is fairly weak when put under pressure due to a lack of mobility skills but pretty fantastic against opponents who fail to keep pressure on enemy Wizards/Witches.

1 person likes this

Posted

They have long cooldowns and pretty long cast times, and are full of openings in terms of PVP.

Posted

They're fine up until they get on a horse...

there is an obvious balance issue with their mounted combat. 

Posted

witch/wizard op ? wat ?

they are one of the weakest classes in the game atm lol

try complaining about ranger instead

3 people like this

Posted

Long cast time, immobile, squishy.

OP

How are witches/wizards able to have a ability that can literally insant kill a 110dp person 

Get more HP, DP, DMG reduction and learn to dodge.

Posted

As a berserker I have absolutely no issues fighting witches or wizards. They are easy targets if you know how to dodge their crap. Once you are close to em, they pop like a balloon. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I love when someone says "OMG this is OP/nerf!!!!1111!!1" and then almost everyone facepalm.

Posted (edited)

Long cast time, immobile, squishy.

OP

Get more HP, DP, DMG reduction and learn to dodge.

Put them on a t5 horse and suddenly they're no llonger squishy nor immobile and keep the high AoE and Damage while being immune to most CCs

It's almost comical watching a mounted wizard charge in on his crack horse and 1 hit nuke everyone leaving treant.

Edited by Whargoul

Posted

Put them on a t5 horse and suddenly they're no llonger squishy nor immobile and keep the high AoE and Damage while being immune to most CCs

It's almost comical watching a mounted wizard charge in on his crack horse and 1 hit nuke everyone leaving treant.

t5 wont be enough, u also need some skills on it - my horse is not good enough for mounted combat tho its t5 with alot of trash skills :) 

Posted (edited)

t5 wont be enough, u also need some skills on it - my horse is not good enough for mounted combat tho its t5 with alot of trash skills :) 

The main perk is increased mmobility and defense while being immune to some CCs, as a ranger,  my ultimate is the only thing I've seen knock them off the horse. (granted balancing issues exist with my class as well) 

They come in and nuke you and your horse before you know whathappened. 

Gear gaps have a part in that I'm sure, but mounted combat is just asinine lol

Edited by Whargoul

Posted

The main perk is increased mmobility and defense while being immune to some CCs, as a ranger,  my ultimate is the only thing I've seen knock them off the horse. (granted balancing issues exist with my class as well) 

They come in and nuke you and your horse before you know whathappened. 

Gear gaps have a part in that I'm sure, but mounted combat is just asinine lol

well without horse i wasnt able to land anything on a ranger i dueled with, unless i used sages memory - she was simply faster then my animation :) 

as for horse i think ill need side step or at least its alot better with side step..

Posted

well without horse i wasnt able to land anything on a ranger i dueled with, unless i used sages memory - she was simply faster then my animation :) 

as for horse i think ill need side step or at least its alot better with side step..

Rock that teleport and shank bbuild. You'll get us lol 

1 person likes this