• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Get gud? you mean: stop having a life and get +20 gear.

54 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I've been hearing lots of chit chat about this ridiculous ghillie suit stuff. Personally i don't have a huge problem with it even though i see the issues it causes. 

What i do have issue with; however, is the fact that some players come up with the response of "get gud" to those who complain about the ghillie suit.

You can't say get gud when this game is not even equalized. When one +17 guy can take on 3 +16 guys its just ridiculous. The only time you can ever even consider skill as a legitimate factor is if BDO has an Equalized arena mode. Which i will guarantee half of the geared guys would get instantly pissed when they find out they just got rekt by someone half their level. Now that is something that is worth the respekt. No one is impressed if you grief someone with half your gear and level especially when pvp isn't even equalized. 1 shotting someone takes almost no effort here in many cases.

So please guys. No more of this toxicity please. Can't tell people to get gud when in reality you don't even know what "gud" is.

I'm an extremely hardcore SSB melee player and a league player, seeing MMO kids who get gear and think they're skilled after killing a 45 with no gear makes me facepalm extremely hard.

Edited by Xaqq
1 person likes this

Posted

Take the last two letters in your name, and do it more.

5 people like this

Posted

I've been hearing lots of chit chat about this ridiculous ghillie suit stuff. Personally i don't have a huge problem with it even though i see the issues it causes. 

What i do have issue with; however, is the fact that some players come up with the response of "get gud" to those who complain about the ghillie suit.

You can't say get gud when this game is not even equalized. When one +17 guy can take on 3 +16 guys its just ridiculous. The only time you can ever even consider skill as a legitimate factor is if BDO has an Equalized arena mode. Which i will guarantee half of the geared guys would get instantly pissed when they find out they just got rekt by someone half their level. Now that is something that is worth the respekt. No one is impressed if you grief someone with half your gear and level especially when pvp isn't even equalized. 1 shotting someone takes almost no effort here in many cases.

So please guys. No more of this toxicity please. Can't tell people to get gud when in reality you don't even know what "gud" is.

BDO is not a pvp game. It's a PVE grind fest. Once people realize this... they'll stop saying "Git gud" and say "Grind More."

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Dude, we cant even go past +15 right now so how the hell u getting +16 and +17 lol.

Edited by Strikers

Posted (edited)

Take the last two letters in your name, and do it more.

haven't even pvpe'd or reached 45 yet so I haven't done any of it and will never do any of it :) gonna stay at my nice level 44 and get that +16 to +17 before i do anything else ;)

BDO is not a pvp game. It's a PVE grind fest. Once people realize this... they'll stop saying "Git gud" and say "Grind More."

It's hilarious cuz some people get offended by what i'm saying. like the guy above believes i'm trying to hate on him or something. I obviously touched a nerve which means he hasn't figured what "git Gud" actually means. 

I think my point is, leave the competitive language out when there is no competitivity in this game. 

#1 you are a idiot we cant go past +15 right now.

LOL i'm still level 44 right now with a +11 so i wouldn't know. 

But that's besides the point cuz what I'm trying to say is that grinding isn't skill. and those who desperately try to act as if their gear is a representation of skill is disrespectful to those players who are actually skilled.

Edited by Xaqq

Posted

Every mmo is about endless grinding. You only stop when you get bored.

You are looking for aanother game genre if you want to be able to just PvP and be max geared at fist login. This is not how MMOs work.

Play to Win what it is.

Posted

haven't even pvpe'd or reached 45 yet so I haven't done any of it and will never do any of it :) gonna stay at my nice level 44 and get that +16 to +17 before i do anything else ;)

Then you'll die to the people with actual experience, have fun being lame

Posted (edited)

Then you'll die to the people with actual experience, have fun being lame

Man you need to chill. y u so mad |:^) If you think someone who's gotten plat in League would suck in an MMO then you need to rethink your priorities ;)

Btw, if you're ever up for a 1v1, I'll gladly whoop yo ass.

You are looking for aanother game genre if you want to be able to just PvP and be max geared at fist login. This is not how MMOs work.

Play to Win what it is.

Actually there are many MMOs that have a competitive PVP experience with equalized gear and everything. Dragon nest comes to mind and so does BnS.

Edited by Xaqq

Posted

Actually there are many MMOs that have a competitive PVP experience with equalized gear and everything. Dragon nest comes to mind and so does BnS.

And you still need to grind for items, you don't sart with endgame items and just do Arenas.

Posted

It's hilarious cuz some people get offended by what i'm saying. like the guy above believes i'm trying to hate on him or something. I obviously touched a nerve which means he hasn't figured what "git Gud" actually means. 
I think my point is, leave the competitive language out when there is no competitivity in this game. 

LOL i'm still level 44 right now with a +11 so i wouldn't know. 
But that's besides the point cuz what I'm trying to say is that grinding isn't skill. and those who desperately try to act as if their gear is a representation of skill is disrespectful to those players who are actually skilled.

the truth is the community blows the power difference to completely unreasonable proportions.

Yeah there is a reasonable difference in power but nowhere how much you have described it, just the sheer drop rate means you should get enough drops to adequately gear your character to 70/70 by level 50.

Also, people start crying "grind! Gear!" When they die in a battle but refuse to acknowledge that they might just suck. The community is incredibly hard headed and will use any excuse to cover their incompetence.

I know people who are ridiculously strong even with weak gear. Their knowledge of different classes, mechanical skill, and reaction timing comes together even with mediocre gear to destroy opponents much stronger than them.

I hit level 50 with +8 weapon and that was because I had bad luck with failstacks and I also got help from the guild to get grinded to 50.I never found myself in a situation where I felt hopelessly outgeared in a 1 vs 1 fight. I know I made mistakes which can be fixed with practice and learning.

2 people like this

Posted

And you still need to grind for items, you don't sart with endgame items and just do Arenas.

actually you only grind for levels and skills. in all those games I stopped leveling half way because i felt like had all the skill points needed and just did 1v1 arena and treated the game like a fighting game basically.

It's equalized so you would have the same HP and MP as a max level player but you  just odnt hav all the SP, but that doesnt matter if you feel like you can win with skill instead, which is what I invest in.

the truth is the community blows the power difference to completely unreasonable proportions.

Yeah there is a reasonable difference in power but nowhere how much you have described it, just the sheer drop rate means you should get enough drops to adequately gear your character to 70/70 by level 50.

Also, people start crying "grind! Gear!" When they die in a battle but refuse to acknowledge that they might just suck. The community is incredibly hard headed and will use any excuse to cover their incompetence.

I know people who are ridiculously strong even with weak gear. Their knowledge of different classes, mechanical skill, and reaction timing comes together even with mediocre gear to destroy opponents much stronger than them.

I hit level 50 with +8 weapon and that was because I had bad luck with failstacks and I also got help from the guild to get grinded to 50.I never found myself in a situation where I felt hopelessly outgeared in a 1 vs 1 fight. I know I made mistakes which can be fixed with practice and learning.

what class were you playing?

I feel hopelessly outgeared and outlevel when i fight a level 51 with my level 44. I should have recorded the match to show the difference in damage. 
Warrior versus warrior. The other guy was really new to pvp so i cought him in an endless grab combo for about a whole minute but only got through half his health. He grappled me once and i died.

IMO i feel like a level 40 should not feel taht kind of difference from a level 50. I was also using +7 gear at the time.

Posted

actually you only grind for levels and skills. in all those games I stopped leveling half way because i felt like had all the skill points needed and just did 1v1 arena and treated the game like a fighting game basically.

It's equalized so you would have the same HP and MP as a max level player but you  just odnt hav all the SP, but that doesnt matter if you feel like you can win with skill instead, which is what I invest in.

BnS sucks

Posted

BnS sucks

yes it does cuz of how boring it is, but one hting you can't deny is they balanced classes well and their pvp works on a skill only factor.

Posted (edited)

what class were you playing?
I feel hopelessly outgeared and outlevel when i fight a level 51 with my level 44. I should have recorded the match to show the difference in damage. 
Warrior versus warrior. The other guy was really new to pvp so i cought him in an endless grab combo for about a whole minute but only got through half his health. He grappled me once and i died.

IMO i feel like a level 40 should not feel taht kind of difference from a level 50. I was also using +7 gear at the time.

In your case there was almost nothing you could do. My post assumed you hit level 50. Your accuracy is too low for damage to be dealt even if you have good gear,

Its like taking a bb gun to a firefight.

edit: I think the difference in levels is justified. This balances out th population. You can either pvp or pve. There is a softcap at 55 anyways so people dont go too overboard.

I should have clarified my post: power in gear, not levels. 

P.s. I'm a sorc. In open world pvp many classes cant kill me because I can I-frame dodge most skills.

Also, the healthy pvp scene in bdo is guild wars/node wars/sieges. You coordinate with a team to bring down priority targets and win large scale or medium scale fights. 1 vs 1s are not as popular as other games. The focus is on group play.

Edited by Seishikin

Posted

So... how much time have you been pked?

Posted

Play to Win what it is.

I don't know what recent MMORPGs you've played, but you're usually capped to one raid run a week or so on. You can't keep grinding that instance forever, and as such you only really need to dedicate 4-6 hours of your time per week to it, at minimum. 

Posted (edited)

In your case there was almost nothing you could do. My post assumed you hit level 50. Your accuracy is too low for damage to be dealt even if you have good gear,

Its like taking a bb gun to a firefight.

I should have clarified my post: power in gear, not levels.

Also, the healthy pvp scene in bdo is guild wars/node wars/sieges. You coordinate with a team to bring down priority targets and win large scale or medium scale fights. 1 vs 1s are not as popular as other games. The focus is on group play.

AW SHUX.

is 1v1 really not that big of a scene here?
I'm more interested in bragging rights where i beat someone at halft their level and get in their face about it. :(

So... how much time have you been pked?

not at all yet. level 44. I've just spent 90% of my time 1v1'ing guildmates. We take off all gear and put on a set we consider "equalized" and fight.

Edited by Xaqq

Posted

Man you need to chill. y u so mad |:^) If you think someone who's gotten plat in League would suck in an MMO then you need to rethink your priorities ;)

Btw, if you're ever up for a 1v1, I'll gladly whoop yo ass.

lolol mate I got Plat like 3 seasons in a row and I still suck at most MMO's. Even got Diamond once but went afk and got kicked back to Gold. Lol is shit now tho, rip season 2-3 best seasons. Anyway, your comparison is ridiculous lol. 

Posted (edited)

lolol mate I got Plat like 3 seasons in a row and I still suck at most MMO's. Even got Diamond once but went afk and got kicked back to Gold. Lol is shit now tho, rip season 2-3 best seasons. Anyway, your comparison is ridiculous lol. 

Any other game still takes more skill than grinding on an MMO, i think that was my point there.

Fact is I still play SSB melee and MKX more than any other game. FIghting games literally are my life. I've gone to so many SSB tourneys my travel history is basically all for going to these competitions. 

I enjoy the competitive spirit and the disrespect you can give by being more skilled than someone else. The feeling of beating someone who's using a top-tier character with a low c tier character is so satisfying, the crowd will always go -----ing crazy when you pull of sick "impossible" moves like that.

Edited by Xaqq

Posted

dont get access to pvp its fking garbage.

ruins a good game with so much potential

Posted

yes it does cuz of how boring it is, but one hting you can't deny is they balanced classes well and their pvp works on a skill only factor.

You need to know that BDO is not designed for 1 v 1 PvP, they don't even have a proper battle arena ( there is one, but its bad ).

This

BDO is a different kind of PvP MMO compared to the ones you mentioned above.

I don't know what recent MMORPGs you've played, but you're usually capped to one raid run a week or so on. You can't keep grinding that instance forever, and as such you only really need to dedicate 4-6 hours of your time per week to it, at minimum. 

Well i guess thats why i didn't play those shitty MMOs, because those are boring for me. Doesn't matter if its new or old MMOs

I played an MMO where you can find constant OWPvP, not the inbox queue PvPs and stupid raids where other people can't even do anything to stop you ( shitty instanced PvE bosses ).

Posted

dont get access to pvp its fking garbage.

ruins a good game with so much potential

WAT
Half the reason i play this game is for it's pvp. I quit leveling to 1v1 guildmates with what we call "equalized gear. We basically put on clean set of unenhanced agerian and go at it.

Posted

AW SHUX.

is 1v1 really not that big of a scene here?
I'm more interested in bragging rights where i beat someone at halft their level and get in their face about it. :(

not at all yet. level 44. I've just spent 90% of my time 1v1'ing guildmates. We take off all gear and put on a set we consider "equalized" and fight.

obviously with the combat system thats gonna want to 1 vs 1. However, you are going to have to grind levels for it. However, if you develop and hone your skills, you eliminate a hurdle much of the community has trouble with.

Posted

You need to know that BDO is not designed for 1 v 1 PvP, they don't even have a proper battle arena ( there is one, but its bad ).

This

BDO is a different kind of PvP MMO compared to the ones you mentioned above.

Well i guess thats why i didn't play those shitty MMOs, because those are boring for me. Doesn't matter if its new or old MMOs

I played an MMO where you can find constant OWPvP, not the inbox queue PvPs and stupid raids where other people can't even do anything to stop you ( shitty instanced PvE bosses ).

damn that sux.

I'm almost all about 1v1. I'm a huge fighting game guy and this looked like a possible mmo version of what i've been looking for. Welp still going to play, but i'll keep my figners crossed for a equalized 1v1 arena mode coming in the future.

Posted

To each their own? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I honestly find competitive and balanced PvP much more fun, it's no fun getting killed by a no life who does nothing but play the game day and night in a few seconds flat. I could never get into LoL or Dota 2 though, their communities are downright disgusting. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0