• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Get gud? you mean: stop having a life and get +20 gear.

54 posts in this topic

Posted

obviously with the combat system thats gonna want to 1 vs 1. However, you are going to have to grind levels for it. However, if you develop and hone your skills, you eliminate a hurdle much of the community has trouble with.

yea i don't really worry about that. That's the plan. It's just i find great enjoyment in being the "underdog" with less gear and less levels but still destroying someone twice my level. 

It's basically teh same feeling you get when you destroy someone with a shitty ass character in a fighting game and they just have nothing else to say.

To each their own? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I honestly find competitive and balanced PvP much more fun, it's no fun getting killed by a no life who does nothing but play the game day and night in a few seconds flat. I could never get into LoL or Dota 2 though, their communities are downright disgusting. 

totally agree. Ever gotten into the competitive FIghting game scene? that might fit u. SSB melee is a great place to start ;).

Posted

not at all yet. level 44. I've just spent 90% of my time 1v1'ing guildmates. We take off all gear and put on a set we consider "equalized" and fight.

WATHalf the reason i play this game is for it's pvp. I quit leveling to 1v1 guildmates with what we call "equalized gear. We basically put on clean set of unenhanced agerian and go at it.

Dude, you really should have done some research before you bought this game.

There are lots of PvP going on, but to be competitive you need to get geared, and you need to learn a lot about how to get geared, and what you actually need...

And ofcourse you need to learn your class.

There are people in this game with 6 months ++++++++++ experience from other versions. They will wreck you with auto attacks even if you reach their level if you don't get geared.

Posted

Any other game still takes more skill than grinding on an MMO, i think that was my point there.
Fact is I still play SSB melee and MKX more than any other game. FIghting games literally are my life. I've gone to so many SSB tourneys my travel history is basically all for going to these competitions.

Nah mate it's just a different type of skill. Actually your argument goes the opposite way. MMO's are the most skillful games there are. Go take gear +1 and try killing someone with +15 if you do it, that is called skill mate, skill in it's purest form. Apart from the fact that's almost impossible you're good to go. 

What you don't understand is that games don't have to be equalized, it would kill the entire point of MMO's. You want equalized gear go play games designed with that system in mind, MMO's are the least likely to be so. Why does everyone demand everything to be -----ing equal? This is not communism you know.

What I don't agree with is being 1 shotted because that's just stupid and anty-fun. But being 2-3 shotted is legitimate if your gear sucks. It's not like its extremely hard to gear yourself.

Get all your armor to +5 and wepaons to +7 with guaranteed success rate and you should never be able to get one shotted. Will you be competitive? You will be decent enough, you will hardly deal massive damage but you won't be useless. Your CC's hurt the same regardless of the damage, your group can finish people off. But if you are so desperate to win then go and gear yourself up! This game even added somethin called 'Forced Enchant' which guarantees you the success in enchanting! How bloody cool is that? Now all you have to do to catch up is grind enough raids to drop dem black stones. 

Killing someone who is stronger than you is the real definition of skill, killing someone weaker is not. The real key in all of this is the fact that EVERYONE has to grind for power. There is no short-cuts there is no 'Insta-Power pay shop items'. If that was not the case, I wouldnt even bother with this game. 

Posted

Dude, you really should have done some research before you bought this game.

There are lots of PvP going on, but to be competitive you need to get geared, and you need to learn a lot about how to get geared, and what you actually need...

And ofcourse you need to learn your class.

There are people in this game with 6 months ++++++++++ experience from other versions. They will wreck you with auto attacks even if you reach their level if you don't get geared.

I only care about learning class mechanics. Which is basically what i have been immersing myself in. Warrior Grab combos are so OP. I feel like the only way for me to win against a fully geared level 51 as a level 44 is not get hit at all. I was able to Grab combo a level 51 warrior for a whole minute and take down half his health without gettin hit once until he grabbed me and i died in 1 hit.

So yea maybe i'll look into gear a bit. I already know the standard gearing procedure for warrior so i'm not behind on that. (yuria + taritas)

Posted

Any other game still takes more skill than grinding on an MMO, i think that was my point there.
Fact is I still play SSB melee and MKX more than any other game. FIghting games literally are my life. I've gone to so many SSB tourneys my travel history is basically all for going to these competitions. 

I enjoy the competitive spirit and the disrespect you can give by being more skilled than someone else. The feeling of beating someone who's using a top-tier character with a low c tier character is so satisfying, the crowd will always go -----ing crazy when you pull of sick "impossible" moves like that.

Then what are you doing playing an open-world MMO?  This isn't your scene, and no one is impressed by your desire to disrespect.  There's going to be one player who is at an advantage, and another at a disadvantage, in 1v1.  BnS is your competitive 1v1 MMO, but unfortunately the arena is absolutely filled with bots.

So just play fighting games if that's what you enjoy.  This won't be that.

Posted

totally agree. Ever gotten into the competitive FIghting game scene? that might fit u. SSB melee is a great place to start ;).

I play it casually with friends, but I've never looked into getting "competitively" so to speak. Used to play quite a bit of Tekken 6 though, and I believe I was pretty decent at that! I'll be sure to give SSB Melee a proper go when I have a bit more time on my hands (I've only logged into BDO twice this entire week at this point :S ). 

Posted

Nah mate it's just a different type of skill. Actually your argument goes the opposite way. MMO's are the most skillful games there are. Go take gear +1 and try killing someone with +15 if you do it, that is called skill mate, skill in it's purest form. Apart from the fact that's almost impossible you're good to go. 

What you don't understand is that games don't have to be equalized, it would kill the entire point of MMO's. You want equalized gear go play games designed with that system in mind, MMO's are the least likely to be so. Why does everyone demand everything to be -----ing equal? This is not communism you know.

What I don't agree with is being 1 shotted because that's just stupid and anty-fun. But being 2-3 shotted is legitimate if your gear sucks. It's not like its extremely hard to gear yourself.

Get all your armor to +5 and wepaons to +7 with guaranteed success rate and you should never be able to get one shotted. Will you be competitive? You will be decent enough, you will hardly deal massive damage but you won't be useless. Your CC's hurt the same regardless of the damage, your group can finish people off. But if you are so desperate to win then go and gear yourself up! This game even added somethin called 'Forced Enchant' which guarantees you the success in enchanting! How bloody cool is that? Now all you have to do to catch up is grind enough raids to drop dem black stones. 

Killing someone who is stronger than you is the real definition of skill, killing someone weaker is not. The real key in all of this is the fact that EVERYONE has to grind for power. There is no short-cuts there is no 'Insta-Power pay shop items'. If that was not the case, I wouldnt even bother with this game. 

I personally disagree with your rendition of skill. Yes killing someone "stronger" than you is skill, absolutely. But grinding for levels, SP, and Gear is not. It gets to the point many people just plain rely on gear.

For example i could be really skilled and just continously grab combo a level 50 as a level 30 but to kill the level 50 i would literally have to grab combo without getting hit once for a whole hour. I would love to demonstrate and show a video fo that but that would be extremely tedious.

Posted

damn that sux.
I'm almost all about 1v1. I'm a huge fighting game guy and this looked like a possible mmo version of what i've been looking for. Welp still going to play, but i'll keep my figners crossed for a equalized 1v1 arena mode coming in the future.

In the battle arena i got matched with people who killed me while i blinked once. I don't think they have a proper matchmaking for it. So you get matched with super saiyans + meatbags.

But you can have fair PvP in arenas with cool people + friends anytime. In OWPvP everything is nasty, but its more fun for me.

Posted

Then what are you doing playing an open-world MMO?  This isn't your scene, and no one is impressed by your desire to disrespect.  There's going to be one player who is at an advantage, and another at a disadvantage, in 1v1.  BnS is your competitive 1v1 MMO, but unfortunately the arena is absolutely filled with bots.

So just play fighting games if that's what you enjoy.  This won't be that.

true. I think i kind of realized that now. But since i already bought this game i'm just going to continue playing it the way i want to play it. Not really gonna care too much about what others are doing. 

I'll do all the standard mmo stuff, get gear, etc. but my main stuff will be 1v1'ign guild mates in a clean set of unenhanced agerian :D .

In the battle arena i got matched with people who killed me while i blinked once. I don't think they have a proper matchmaking for it. So you get matched with super saiyans + meatbags.

But you can have fair PvP in arenas with cool people + friends anytime. In OWPvP everything is nasty, but its more fun for me.

yea, i think i'll make a guild that's all about 1v1 equalized pvp. We all just wear unenhanced agerian and fight in the town arenas :).

Posted

Where does everyone get this "one +17 guy can beat three +16 people" mentality from? That is not true at all, and if it is true then those three +16 are god aweful at the game.

Posted

Where does everyone get this "one +17 guy can beat three +16 people" mentality from? That is not true at all, and if it is true then those three +16 are god aweful at the game.

i'm hoping that's true. Honestly i'm just hearing a lot of these rumors being stated as fact. If that's not true then I'm all for it. But I also do hear about how big of a difference level 51 is from level  50 and stuff like that. Not sure if that's really true tho.

Posted

I personally disagree with your rendition of skill. Yes killing someone "stronger" than you is skill, absolutely. But grinding for levels, SP, and Gear is not. It gets to the point many people just plain rely on gear.
For example i could be really skilled and just continously grab combo a level 50 as a level 30 but to kill the level 50 i would literally have to grab combo without getting hit once for a whole hour. I would love to demonstrate and show a video fo that but that would be extremely tedious.

I read your comment and I have one thing to say. So? This is an open world MMO. Just because it isn't fair it doesn't mean its not skillful. How the ----- do you want an Open World MMO to be fair? That's impossible mate. If you are facing a stronger opponent that you cannot defeat then flee. Do you have any idea how many times I faced someone I can't kill? I don't just stick around fighting him face to face. What I tend to do is piss him off with constant bite and run tactics, I know I can't win but at least I disturb him for long enough, It's fun and gets your heart pumped knowing that you are facing someone who will eliminate you if you make the wrong move. 

For example, just today some Warrior came to skeletons and started PKing me because I was exping there (even thought the spot is -----ing huge and could fit 20 people). He did considerable dmg to me, I did some damage too but never enough to really cause a death threat to him. He knew that so he kept fighting me. I fled but I came back and used my range abilities, CC to disturb his exp and steal his mobs. He chased me I run away. Over and over again. Then finally I see him fighting someone else, I take the chance and CC him, doing lots of damage. He has to V escape, but I'm faster than him so I chased him down CC and killed him even though he was much stronger than me. Could I do it alone? Nope, probably not but that's the beauty of it all. 

Point is, you have the V button which lets you escape a considerable length and become invisible to other players in the process (not confirmed but I think that's the way it works). YOU CAN CHOOSE who to fight. You don't have to accept every challenge. If someone is attacking you and you judge that you cannot defeat them, just run! They may laugh at you, jokes on them. You survive and become stronger and one day you will be the one laughing. 

Posted

i'm hoping that's true. Honestly i'm just hearing a lot of these rumors being stated as fact. If that's not true then I'm all for it. But I also do hear about how big of a difference level 51 is from level  50 and stuff like that. Not sure if that's really true tho.

Level 50-51-52-53 makes a big difference, mainly because most classes have big skills at those levels. For example, a core valkyire skill in PvP comes at level 51/52 I believe. It's not the level that makes the difference, it's the skills that make the difference. Like on warrior, one of my skills removes the "reduced damage in PvP" at level 55, which means 54>55 will make a huge difference in damage.

Posted (edited)

I feel like the only way for me to win against a fully geared level 51 as a level 44 is not get hit at all. I was able to Grab combo a level 51 warrior for a whole minute and take down half his health without gettin hit once until he grabbed me and i died in 1 hit.

Nonono, the only way to win against that person if you stop focusing on PvP and  level up and gear up to his level. After 50+ you can start to actually practice your class in arena for PvP. Train hard, then you will beat that berserker ( depends on your class tho ).

Berserks are scary, a good berserk grabs you once and he will hug you till death.

yea, i think i'll make a guild that's all about 1v1 equalized pvp. We all just wear unenhanced agerian and fight in the town arenas :).

While it sounds fun and good for you. You need to know that other guilds can declare war on your guild anytime, for really cheap cost ( at this moment ), and have a war against your guild till they decide to cancel the war ( so can be even for forever ).

So, your ( no offense ) newbie and undergeared army will be stomped by other guilds and forces you to channel hop. This may happen, or may not.. there are some really douche guilds out there, but a lot good ones too. But in this game you can't always peacefully play unless you stay under lv 45.

Edited by Azta

Posted

lmao if u are too poor to afford p2win stuff get a job, money makes the world go round, no money no honey get it OP.

now do us all a favor and just leave ...

This is the mentality of people who bought P2W and like to watch this game burn. How bad could it get with the way Daum turns the game into?

Posted (edited)

Nonono, the only way to win against that person if you stop focusing on PvP and  level up and gear up to his level. After 50+ you can start to actually practice your class in arena for PvP. Train hard, then you will beat that berserker ( depends on your class tho ).

Berserks are scary, a good berserk grabs you once and he will hug you till death.

While it sounds fun and good for you. You need to know that other guilds can declare war on your guild anytime, for really cheap cost ( at this moment ), and have a war against your guild till they decide to cancel the war ( so can be even for forever ).

So, your ( no offense ) newbie and undergeared army will be stomped by other guilds and forces you to channel hop. This may happen, or may not.. there are some really douche guilds out there, but a lot good ones too. But in this game you can't always peacefully play unless you stay under lv 45.

I'm currently 44 so that may as well where my guild will stay at if they're interested XD.

or maybe ill make an alt just for this equalized pvp style and gear another character jnstead

This is the mentality of people who bought P2W and like to watch this game burn. How bad could it get with the way Daum turns the game into?

lol yea I just ignore those comments. I'm 99% sure he himself lives off welfare while he tells others to get a job.

Edited by Xaqq

Posted

yea i don't really worry about that. That's the plan. It's just i find great enjoyment in being the "underdog" with less gear and less levels but still destroying someone twice my level. 
It's basically teh same feeling you get when you destroy someone with a shitty ass character in a fighting game and they just have nothing else to say.

We all do. In Tera and RaiderZ I used to put on level 1 weapon and proceed to duel all day (except healers, since they ya know, outheal your dmg).

But in the same sense, you don't grab a level 40 character in Tera and fight a level...well...60 back when I played. You can grab a weaker weapon but not a lower level character because you don't have the skills to combo.

It's like in a streetfighter game, but you only have basic movements and a punch, no combo, no dodging, etc. You can make yourself do 100x less dmg, but its unreasonable to gimp yourself by limiting your skills.

Posted (edited)

We all do. In Tera and RaiderZ I used to put on level 1 weapon and proceed to duel all day (except healers, since they ya know, outheal your dmg).

But in the same sense, you don't grab a level 40 character in Tera and fight a level...well...60 back when I played. You can grab a weaker weapon but not a lower level character because you don't have the skills to combo.

It's like in a streetfighter game, but you only have basic movements and a punch, no combo, no dodging, etc. You can make yourself do 100x less dmg, but its unreasonable to gimp yourself by limiting your skills.

actually in most games i've played i like the concept of less skills to use but equal gear and health/mp.

That way i can own you wiht just a few -----ing level 1 skills by using them extremely skillfully. Using my one iframe perfectly timed at the right moment and the 1 counter i have to counter you and punish you super hard. Now that's satisfying.

However this only works in certain games where even the low level skills have a certain utility use. If all your level 1 skills have almost no utility then that's not going to work. BDO unfortunately kinda suffers a bit from that. Though i think if gear was equalized i wouldnt have to level on my warrior as long as i have grapple and counter i'm good to go.

Edited by Xaqq

Posted (edited)

I don't see how ghilie suit is relevant to this at all.  +17-20 guy is going to murderate you whether he's in a ghilie suit or not.  Is not seeing his name before he 1-shots you really that huge of a disadvantage?  I mean, you'll see it in your log momentarily anyway.

It seems like people are complaining about the wrong thing. :|

Edited by Anemone

Posted

I don't see how ghilie suit is relevant to this at all.  +17-20 guy is going to murderate you whether he's in a ghilie suit or not.  Is not seeing his name before he 1-shots you really that huge of a disadvantage?  I mean, you'll see it in your log momentarily anyway.

It seems like people are complaining about the wrong thing. :|

ghillie suit wouldn't even be a problem if pvp was equalized.

therefore those who try to grief would get rekt if the person they're griefing was way more skilled than the griefer. Now that would be hilarious. Normally the ones who grief however rely on gear more than anything else. 

Posted (edited)

ghillie suit wouldn't even be a problem if pvp was equalized.

therefore those who try to grief would get rekt if the person they're griefing was way more skilled than the griefer. Now that would be hilarious. Normally the ones who grief however rely on gear more than anything else. 

I agree, though I'm not sure what you mean by equalized.  Improving your gear is fun and satisfying, and I think fully equalized gear really kills that feeling of progression you need in an RPG.  I think the differences between enchant levels (esp 17-20) just need to be made much smaller.

Edited by Anemone

Posted

I agree, though I'm not sure what you mean by equalized.  Improving your gear is fun and satisfying, and I think fully equalized gear really kills that feeling of progression you need in an RPG.  I think the differences between enchant levels (esp 17-20) just need to be made much smaller.

i agree with that, but i don't mind them bringing an competitve 1v1 equalized arena mode. That would really be interesting to see. But i doubt they'd do that cuz that would really bring out the class balancing problems they may have in this game.

I have a really good feeling they're not bringing in an equalized pvp mode because they know they have balancing issues, and by having gear be a factor in pvp you're kinda hiding the balancing issues with an extra layer of complexity. 

Posted

Well this game is Level>Gear>Skill there is nothing wrong with this in my opinion...there is a hard cap we will all hit sooner or later and our gear will eventually balance out it will just take more time for some of us that play more casually than others that have lots of free time. I played Tera and I quit when they put that equalized battlefield in without a second thought you know why? Because I spent 600 hours in 5 months to masterwork and enchant my gear to +12 and what I got from it was a battleground that forced me to put on generic gear the same as a guy that joined the game a week ago. Is that what you consider fair?

Posted (edited)

I played Tera and I quit when they put that equalized battlefield in without a second thought you know why? Because I spent 600 hours in 5 months to masterwork and enchant my gear to +12 and what I got from it was a battleground that forced me to put on generic gear the same as a guy that joined the game a week ago. Is that what you consider fair?

I also played TERA but I didn't quit when EQ battlegrounds came out.  Fraywind and 3s still had non-EQ versions (and most hardcore PVPers only played these BGs competitively, ie not just for credits).  The reason they implemented CS and Kumasylum as equalized was so that players could access battlegrounds without being cap level.  It would have been nice to see non-EQ versions of these battlegrounds, but CS requires 40 people (crazy queue time if we're talking 40 level 65s), and Kumasylum wouldn't really work as non-EQ without major changes.  Giridion or whatever sucked and isn't even worth mentioning.

Edited by Anemone

Posted

Well this game is Level>Gear>Skill there is nothing wrong with this in my opinion...there is a hard cap we will all hit sooner or later and our gear will eventually balance out it will just take more time for some of us that play more casually than others that have lots of free time. I played Tera and I quit when they put that equalized battlefield in without a second thought you know why? Because I spent 600 hours in 5 months to masterwork and enchant my gear to +12 and what I got from it was a battleground that forced me to put on generic gear the same as a guy that joined the game a week ago. Is that what you consider fair?

that's an opinion tbh. I feel like pvp should rely solely on skill and nothing else. Although i understand if someone spet lots of effort to get better gear for pvp but i personally believe the action of doing that itself is flawed.

PVP and gear should not belong together. PVE and gear go together.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0