• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Worst Party Experience 2015

Party Exp   183 votes

1. 1. Partying with Others should

• Have equal to solo grind exp with a party loot bag
    • Have better than solo grind exp with a party loot bag
    • Stay as it is because I have no friends
    • I have no opinion so the irony that I'm voting is real

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

48 posts in this topic

Posted

Simply make it 100% of the EXP regardless of how many party members are there. Once you can grind a spot without the need of others the other party members are already slowing you down. We're already getting less drops, no need for us to get less EXP as well, especially in a game which needs a ton of EXP.

Posted

BDO is supposed to be a MMO, not a single player game; hopefully Daum EU remembers that.

idk....I always got a single player with mmo elements vibe from this game

Heaven forbid that playing with others be important. If you get ganked by 2+ people, you bring a few with you to gank them back. That's part of the fun.

See that's how gank squads start. Then you got gank hit squads. Then you got anarchy and innocent players getting caught in the middle.....but god does that sound like an epic watch~

Also thank you so very much for being that rare few that put in an "idk" option. Really feel like i'm giving feedback without giving feedback and making this world a better if not really at all better place~<3~

Posted

idk....I always got a single player with mmo elements vibe from this game

See that's how gank squads start. Then you got gank hit squads. Then you got anarchy and innocent players getting caught in the middle.....but god does that sound like an epic watch~

Also thank you so very much for being that rare few that put in an "idk" option. Really feel like i'm giving feedback without giving feedback and making this world a better if not really at all better place~<3~

You're welcome
care_bear1.jpg

Posted

You're welcomecare_bear1.jpg

<,< considering "carebear" seems to be a derogatory word on here I feel like you trying to say somethin >,>

1 person likes this

Posted

Hit 50 along with two other guild mates this morning. Only time any of us three partied up were for the last boss. Probably the first time I've partied up in any version for the leveling up process. 

Personally I feel a solid two man party should be getting slightly more than solo. Parties larger than that definitely should not be.

Posted

Personally I feel a solid two man party should be getting slightly more than solo. Parties larger than that definitely should not be.

Agreed +1

Posted

In all reality, the current system (~70% exp per member at duo) is quite superior even now. One reason: There is no geographical limit to the EXP share. For example, yesterday I was at Helms, while a buddy of mine was at Catfish. We were getting the other person's kill exp. Thus we were getting full speed exp, for two camps we had to ourselves (for the most part), at 70% experience per kill, but roughly twice the rate and we each had our own loot pool.

Now, if you want to play with the same people at the same camp and you both are really efficient: Then 70% is probably not enough, because the spawn rate/mob density isn't going to be enough. So it's a tough question. If they buff party exp much they need to put a geographical limit to how far it is shared or people will just keep grouping and killing at distant camps for increased benefit.

The big issue is loot. People that contribute to a kill should have a chance at some loot. Should everyone get the same loot and the same amount? Hell no, there would be no reason to ever solo, take a full group everywhere and inflate the market!

But I agree completely, group play should not be punished. It should be as good as solo. Also, it shouldn't be a gimick to be exploited like above. Unfortunately I'm not sure how much of this Daum really has control over.

1 person likes this

Posted

If mob A give 100 xp and it takes 10 sec for a single person to kill it.... that is 600 xp a min.

If Mob A gives 100 xp and it takes a group of 5, 2 sec to kill it, they can kill 30 mobs, but only net 20 xp per mob and it still gives a grand total of 600 xp.

Groups kill mobs faster... and usually kill harder mobs which nets more xp. 

Therefore the only thing missing is the loot bag....

That explains it all. + groups farm under way safer circumstances both in terms of PvE and PvP risks while farming. 

Any other bonus will be punishing solo play, not promoting group play. People are too greedy nowadays, they want better rewards for less risky gameplay.

Posted

I agree, my sister and I always party up so we definitely feel the effects of this (especially the loot problem). Partied exp should be equal to the exp of playing solo so that those who want to play with friends can without being penalized.

Posted

If mob A give 100 xp and it takes 10 sec for a single person to kill it.... that is 600 xp a min.

If Mob A gives 100 xp and it takes a group of 5, 2 sec to kill it, they can kill 30 mobs, but only net 20 xp per mob and it still gives a grand total of 600 xp.

Groups kill mobs faster... and usually kill harder mobs which nets more xp. 

Therefore the only thing missing is the loot bag....

Mobs are so abysmally weak it doesn't really matter at low levels :/

Posted

Party experience please.

Posted

Atm is no point to party up , except powerleveling...

Posted (edited)

Everybody want party exp man I use to play aura kingdom and all you see on the party list was EXP party's and all they did was do main quest or run dangons by them self the reason for a party system is for you and a friend or one of your guild mates to group up and to defeat a hard boss or doing a dungeon but since black desert lacks the hard boss and anything that needs a party you should not do party EXP really all that does is get random people to party you and most of the time the party is dead silent with not that many people talking and people log off now you got people who are off line that you got to kick to get more people who are online to play with cuase you don't know if it still counts if they are offline the game is already a grind fest seeing who can get to the highest level put party EXP in to this thing just make it even more of a grind fest but that's just me take it as you want  my mmos players

Edited by LeoTheSage

Posted

Well the game is a MMO, so why penalize individuals for playing together.  It doesn't make much sense at all.

1 person likes this

Posted

And I keep saying... there's no need to play in a party since you can kill alone an entire spot, if you'll lose all the exp earned, what's the worth on it?

Posted

Atm is no point to party up , except powerleveling...

I just want to play with my friends, have fun, and share the loot. Is that too much to ask for in a MMO?

Posted

I just want to play with my friends, have fun, and share the loot. Is that too much to ask for in a MMO?

Yes , you not only one here.

Posted

I'm really confused why this is still a thing. Partying with others means moving at tortoise pace. You'd think an MMO would encourage you to play it like an MMO. It doesn't even have to be better than solo grind but in the very least it should be equal.

Looting is a nightmare while in a party also. We really need a party loot bag so we can divide everything equally.

So far leveling / grinding with others means - getting screwed out of EXP and loot with 0 benefits.

If you like leveling as slow as possible and having to take forever to check all the loot on the ground I encourage you to make a few friends! You will not be disappointed. :P

Please fix. Thanks!

It should be a bit better, you want to endorse and push people to group up, benefits for doing so. Not make players feel penalized. Luckily the CBT survey had that on there, so I'm sure it's something they're looking at!

1 person likes this

Posted

Party exp needs to be worked on maybe similiar to this

Solo - 100%
Party of Two - 60% for each (total 120%)
Party of Three - 40% for each (total 120%)
Party of Four -  30% for each (total 120%)
Party of Five - 25% for each (total 125%)

they should all be slight better killspeed vs exp% gained so we can promote grouping since this is an MMO afterall

Also loot should have 3 ways of distrubition
need/greed
random
party leader only(if you're playing with guilds usually this is the case)

agree on the way that party should be encouraged with little bonus, and like with GW2 where everyone have his OWN loot ( so no need that dumb loot war, nothing is more boring than that in a mmo imho )

A game that dont avantage / or disavantage party is kinda stupid.

Even if personly i also like play "solo" But still !

Posted

As someone who has played a lot of MMOs. I'd hope they don't make group exp exceed what you make vs solo.

Based on group size, it should weaken the exp rate to a slower gain. Yet it should have an upside. 

Say, mob item droprates increase via a small amount per player in said group. Say a max no higher than 5%.

If we make group exp give higher gains than solo, this leans towards Power-leveling coming into play.

From what I read here often, we don't want gold sellers or anything of the like either. So lets not try to give Power-grinders a reason to sell services for 1-60 for $100+ dollars.

Lets just hope for a solo/party exp balance.

Posted

Sucks to be punished for playing with friends, especially for the grind for 50-60

grinding is already boring by yourself, friends  can make it fun, plus people pvping over the mobs, its best to be in a party.

Posted

I agree that partying should be a viable way to grind and it should offer equal or better exp then soloing. I think this game has many parallels to FFXI in that the exp mainly comes from grinding. You pull harder mobs, and the faster the pulls higher exp chain with bonus exp. I liked that system. 

Posted

The only time I ever party up with people is if we are too low of a lvl to kill eachother over a grind spot. So we just party up so we aren't stealing mobs and we all win.

...Then pets were given out to everyone and all hell broke loose over people bitching that loot wasn't being shared fairly because the pets snag it all up.