• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

karma The better player gets griefed, cool!

136 posts in this topic

Posted

• 1: Boss, declare war to this guild
  • 2: Why?
  • 1: Because this one guy is taking my spot
  • 2: So you want to take the whole guild into war because of a spot?
  • 1: Uh... yeah?
  • Player 1 has been kicked out of the guild

you should change guild it's carebear .
my guild does declare war if one single person in a guild fcks with our members.
I guess we like free-pvp ?

Posted

I completely agree that KS griefers are a legitimate problem. (Not all randoms who skim some mobs in "your" spot are necessarily griefers, though: some of them might just be there to do a daily quest or even a first-time-through quest.)

But chronic KSers who do it specifically to grief you? Sure, that's a real problem and I've never said otherwise.

My point is that if you give players complete power to deal with KS griefers through PK violence alone, you have just introduced the potential for another much more common and damaging type of griefing: RPK of "noobs" and "scrubs", either for lulz or for denying them access to power parity with the front-runners.  We've seen this one over and over too, in other games. It's a legitimate problem too.

PA/Daum has taken their best shot at a solution that tries to address both of these legitimate problems. Yes, their current solution is prioritized against the potentially larger and more serious of the two (PK griefing), but it does provide at least some protection against the less serious of the two (KS griefing). You can indeed PK them away, but only to a limited extent. And if they're guild-tagged, you have the option to bring guild-level pressure against their actions through guild war.

But IMO it's impossible to solve for both types of griefing successfully and equally. It's the nature of the problem.

Imo since we have heavy PvEers complaining about PvP/PK ability and we have PvPers complaining about PvE they honestly have a pretty dang good balance. If they both complain one side saying too much freedom the other saying not enough that is the mark you should aim for, and looking at the forums they basically are about on mark.

Then you open a discussion and sticky it and say please tell us about your stupid ideas that we really have no intention of implementing to appease the less intelligent but often more vocal far right and far left of the groups.

That is what I would do if I was in charge of development anyway.

Posted (edited)

im a -----ing god at daoc you little insignificant wurm and the reason daoc survived is cos of 8v8 beeing extremely skillful and competitive. hardly anyone played daoc for anything but the pvp. and pve in daoc pre toa was a complete joke.

lets see carebear themeparks that failed after a few months, warhammer, aion, tera, final fantasy, aoc, swtor, teso and metric -----tons more of which i cant even think of atm. all of these games lost 80%+ of their playerbase within first 6 months.

Yeah.... dream on, you "God".... God of what? the bottom Line of Life?

And none of those Game failed because they don´t have FFA Full Loot"...... get real.

But you totally missed the Point, DAoC NEVER forced anyone to PvP, i played it 8 Years, i loved the Keep Battles, but still, I DESIDE IF I WANT PVP OR NOT, thats the Point you ignore, Games CAN be great success without FORCING PVP.

Edited by Caduryn
1 person likes this

Posted

Imo since we have heavy PvEers complaining about PvP/PK ability and we have PvPers complaining about PvE they honestly have a pretty dang good balance. If they both complain one side saying too much freedom the other saying not enough that is the mark you should aim for, and looking at the forums they basically are about on mark.

Then you open a discussion and sticky it and say please tell us about your stupid ideas that we really have no intention of implementing to appease the less intelligent but often more vocal far right and far left of the groups.

That is what I would do if I was in charge of development anyway.

Yet its a system they admitted was flawed and were addressing?

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah.... show me one of your called "carebears theme Parks" that was "dead" and gone after few Month.

The reason of failing MMOs is not because they are not FFA Full Loot.

You have it pointed above.

Reason is boredom. FFA full loot bring very intense emotions and it kill boredom. It's true, the frustration make emo quit a lot of players, but even more players quitting the game when getting bored. Also FFA PvP is infinite content - you never have the same situation.

Posted

You have it pointed above.

Reason is boredom. FFA full loot bring very intense emotions and it kill boredom. It's true, the frustration make emo quit a lot of players, but even more players quitting the game when getting bored. Also FFA PvP is infinite content - you never have the same situation.

-----ing believe me if I say you are the one who will quit if you drop all of your +15 gears when you die.
you're just gonna die 1 time and you'll quit.
this gaming is not made for full loot. forget it.

Posted

Full loot drops definitely wouldn't work in this game, but thats besides the point that the karma system is terrible as it stands.

Posted

Yet its a system they admitted was flawed and were addressing?

Hillary Clinton goes to one rally and says yes I am liberal, goes to another the next week says yes I am moderate. Both groups eat it up and cheer, just tell them what they want to hear and run business as planned. Sometimes you get lucky and what you had planned falls in line and then you can say see we listened you special snowflakes made a real difference.

1 person likes this

Posted

I have killed so many players in this game I should be banned.

Posted

Hillary Clinton goes to one rally and says yes I am liberal, goes to another the next week says yes I am moderate. Both groups eat it up and cheer, just tell them what they want to hear and run business as planned. Sometimes you get lucky and what you had planned falls in line and then you can say see we listened you special snowflakes made a real difference.

........... Dude they literally have a thread and outline their changes. whatever false advertisement you believe them to be doing has no correlation to the actual truth and you can't use poor life examples as a valid argument. 

Posted

........... Dude they literally have a thread and outline their changes. whatever false advertisement you believe them to be doing has no correlation to the actual truth and you can't use poor life examples as a valid argument. 

Okay, okay not asking you to stop believing. Just saying what I would do personally if I was running the show. If I was a betting man though I would bet we get exactly what KR gets with some slight adjustments, and I would heavily bet against getting some new system altogether that the forum comes up with. That's just me.

1 person likes this

Posted

Okay, okay not asking you to stop believing. Just saying what I would do personally if I was running the show. If I was a betting man though I would bet we get exactly what KR gets with some slight adjustments, and I would heavily bet against getting some new system altogether that the forum comes up with. That's just me.

Probably right :l but in all honesty

"If you don't try to change something, you have no right to complain"

Posted

I have a real hard time understanding this dilemma though. I have never run into an issue that meant I needed to flag over and over. If he is out-grinding you just leave, you got buffs running and no time for his shenanigans, if you got something to prove then these are your decisions. There are other channels available. Remember he is not being rewarded by dieing over and over, he has suffered penalties as well. My favorite course of action is a two kill rule, if it takes more than that and they can out-grind me they win and I leave. Otherwise I out-grind them til they flag and just have fun with PvP and PvE at the same time. 

My biggest pain is the flag timer that allows people to flag up, realize they -----ed up and unflag before I get the satisfaction of killing them.

Posted

There are other channels available. Remember he is not being rewarded by dieing over and over, he has suffered penalties as well.

I have zero way of knowing whether or not another channel is going to have an open spot or not. There is a 15 minute cool-down on swapping channels and on Edan (where I am based) EVERY channel is crowded or overflowing 100% of the time, and channels Serendia 1-2, Mediah 1-2, and Valencia 1-3 frequently crash so most players stay in the first 6. I was there first, I'm not moving for a lesser player.

Posted

I have zero way of knowing whether or not another channel is going to have an open spot or not.

Indeed, as long as you don't try... wait...

...I was there first, I'm not moving for a lesser player.

...nevermind...

seriously, how can some people cannot notice when they rebut themselves...

Posted

I agree with your overall point relating to your story. However, it's unnecessary to summon the CM's as they are fully aware this is a major issue in the development of this game. Give them a little time we did literally just launch this month. I'm sure they will try something new and a whole new portion of the playerbase will complain.

So I agree, but get off the CM's balls, cause imo they are doing a good job with this many customers.

I came from AA so... I'm used to far worse.

edit: btw neither CM "runs the show." they have a team to make decisions like this and I'm sure they have input into that team. I also know Jouska loves pvp and this game so he will do his best to give us the best possible karma system.

Jesus. Why don't you suck their d*cks while you're at it. 

Their customer service is actually quite terrible and Daum/PA knew what was going to happen and still didn't prepare. 

Stop being a lemming. 

Posted

The problem are people. not the game. its people being rude, selfish and idiotic that creates problems.

You see someone farming and attacking mobs or doing whatever, you dont attack his/her mobs, easy as that. This is the first rule, you dont want somebody to do that to you do you? So why do you do that? Whatever comes next from this attitude, is your own fault for bothering other players.

Yes there is PvP but at the moment its just PK with karma, its not  guild war or arena type. 

You cant blame the game or developers because there are rude and selfish people, altho i agree that to overcome the lack of common sense by playerbase it would be nice if they try to fix this issue.

Posted

The existance of a penalty system for killing PK'ing is essential to the games health. Whether or not that should be losing enchants is debatable though. Personally i would strive for something different, because losing gear really is a bit too nasty. But it definitely should be something that makes people consider twice if they want to be a PKer or not.

See, if there was no strong penalty for PKing, then the top no-life players on each server would dominate every single farming spot. New or casual players would have absolutely no chance to catch up, because whenever they attempt to farm at neccesary spots they'd get killed by dominating players with 50 times their playtime. 

There have been strong indications in peoples post here that make me anticipate heavy fedora tipping as response to this post .... Such as SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST, or THE WEAK SHOULD FEAR THE STRONG, or IM SO HARDCORE, DEAL WITH IT and other things neckbears tend to say ...

However, if we are realistic, the games community is mainly based on casual players and not NEETs. So if you take away their chances of effectively playing the game because they are killed by the top players at every good farming spot, then they will quit and the game will become dead.

If you are so hardcore at the game, good, strong, effective, smart etc. then why do yo not become red? I mean, you are so damn hardcore, what do you fear? 

There are many players already being red, enjoying the game, dealing with the consequences - they arent complaining, they are enjoying the game. 

If you cant swallow your pride and want to prove everyone how long your internet penis is, then actually prove it dominant and deal with the consequences of being red - otherwise switch the channel or play the griefer game with him. It's your choice.

Posted

1. Ask nicely.

2. Warn that you will kill him and that there are equally good spots nearby that he can use (you can preset those messages on alt+shift+1)

3. Shoot at him.

4. Kill him.

5. Shoot at him again.

6. Kill him again.

7. Follow him for a while outdpsing and taking the mobs.

8. If nothing form the above worked, alt+f4 and change the channel

While it may look like a problem (it is a problem) it will get fixed later on when dying penalty will actually hurt (you do have the penalty, right?)

Posted

I have killed so many players in this game I should be banned.

Thank GOD we aren't on the same server!!

I had 3 (read: three) pvp experiences. They all ended in death for me.

1st time a group of 5 decided to kill me for reasons unknown, in a wide open area, full of mobs.

Then they camped the node I spawned at, making me respawn in the nearest town.

2nd time was another group of 5. I think I must've invaded "their spot".

Admittingly, it was a cave and death was probably inevitable as I headed deeper inside.

3rd time was a sorcerer who thought it'd be funny to attack me while I was soloing a cyclops. The Cyclops + the sorc was a bit much and I died.

Jokes on the sorc though - still got the kill credit when he finished off the cyclops. :D

Yeah, I'm bad but I'm having fun!

Posted

Just live that PK life, grinding back to positive is profitable & only takes ~40mins per 150k karma in the right spots.

There is literally nothing wrong with slaughtering PvE carebears til your over it then making bank back to positive again ;)

Posted (edited)

Until you slaughter (or try to) someone that isn't a carebear and only in that moment you know you fk'ed up.

But some nudists will never admit it -_-

Edited by Grevier

Posted (edited)

Until you slaughter (or try to) someone that isn't a carebear and only in that moment you know you fk'ed up.

But you nudists will never admit it -_-

The e-bushido drips from your words. How noble of you to defend a carebear. How honorable.

LOL. 

I'm from EVE lovie. AFK. Not AFK. Flagged. Unflagged. PvP is PvP. I get the same exact enjoyment from both. If you're dead and I'm alive. Then I won the fight. All this 1v1 me bro and I was AFK rage whispers I get in game? They just fuel my entertainment. I'll smash your face while fishing. Or picking sunflowers. Or farming. Or running down the road. 

Hats off though to the mother f*ckers who knuckle up and actually fight. For all the good fights I've gotten. 

The 15 minute brawls with warriors. 

Giants accidentally grabbing my pet instead of me. 

The valks who get frustrated with my pet constantly knocking them down.

Wizards trying desperately to kite me. 

Rangers getting pinned down by my pet and then executed. 

Sorcs two shotting me. (Contra. if you see this. Nice name. Loved that game on NES)

I've killed people in fair fights.

I've killed people in unfair fights.

I've killed war targets.

I've killed AFK fishers. 

I've killed Active fishers.

I've killed carebears.

I've killed PvPers. 

I've been killed by PvPers. 

I've been killed by carebears defending themselves.

I've been killed in fair fights.

I've been killed in unfair fights. 

I don't discriminate. If it's a combat zone and I can target you. I'll take the shot. Win  or lose. I'll have fun. :)

Sure as hell is more fun all the PvE content this game has to offer. (Besides fishing. I love fishing.)

But I sure as hell have a blast with my -1,000,000 karma regardless of how heavily Daum wants to punish me because I enjoy all types of PvP. 

Edited by Tyrone

Posted (edited)

Im not defending anyone. It's just laughable how you some people swing their pnis around while being new unknown users. Doesn't need a scientist to know they're frustated newbs that can't kill a Grass Bettle.

The common white kid that selfies itself pretending to be gansta on facebook.

Edited by Grevier

Posted

Im not defending anyone. It's just laughable how you some people swing their pnis around while being new unknown users. Doesn't need a scientist to know they're frustated newbs that can't kill a Grass Bettle.

The common white kid that selfies itself pretending to be gansta on facebook.

Just checking. That post seemed quite white knighty.