• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

field boss Berserkers vs Field bosses

19 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi guys, i have an question about field bosses as an berserker. How do you deal damage against them without dying over 40times each boss?
What damage combo should i use as single target damage?

I am asking this due to my low dmg/many deaths. Which makes me unable to loot the bosses, Please help me out.
I have 87/163

Posted

You don't, you die 40 times to deal damage to them.

1 person likes this

Posted

I haven't found much trouble with field bosses... gotta run a few seconds to pop pots once in a while, but for the most part they're usually really slow and only do dmg in front of them. Horizontal spin to win on their back side, when they turn, back off, and go in with vertices spin to win on the side of them so you don't stop when you hit them but close enough that they take the damage then.... your on the back side of them, horizontal spin to win again. Repeat. Auto attack one in a while to keep resource up to keep spinning.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Yep, my experience is the same:

Horizontal spin ( left/right) around the boss with LMB&RMB pressed so (Raging Thunder) will always proc. Headbutt
[RMB] + [W]) to start with to get the buff with optional bleeding ( Fierce Strike/Claw Scar) if you have it skilled.  Slow and painful compared to other classes, using HP potions on every proc as a drug addict. But that's Berserker for you....

Also make sure that you stack speed/accuracy on the gear.  

Edited by Wence

Posted (edited)

Zerker Raid Strategy:

• Log Out to Character Screen
  • Login Ranger
  • Do damage & be viable.
Edited by jackl101
1 person likes this

Posted

stack dp. hit and run when they turn as others have said. spam pots. then QQ after coz you cant deal as much damage as some other classes. 

Posted

Well the problem isnt to survive, i just dont seem to get any loot(not even stones etc). Which is due to the low dmg, i got 110Ap and 160DP.
I really dont want to reroll another class ;(

Posted

Well the problem isnt to survive, i just dont seem to get any loot(not even stones etc). Which is due to the low dmg, i got 110Ap and 160DP.
I really dont want to reroll another class ;(

Don't reroll.  Field bosses are a waste of time for every class, and most classes suffer death issues around them, due to shitty mechanics.  Rerolling won't ever make wasting time on field bosses profitable.

Posted

So this is a issue of all melee have at the moment, here is my advice and how i got a box. Take off all your armor and do the world bosses after a level. if anyone is saying stack DP and you will live is lying to you atm. you will get 1 shoot during all boss enrage phases and at the start i have been able to "sometimes" take a hit with full +15 armor. with all your gear off you dont have to worry about losing gems other than your weapon and off hand. After that you just zerg death it.  its still a little RNG with the boxes but DPS is kind of involved, was 120AP so maybe it played a bigger part but for the most part its semi random.

Just so we are Clear all melee are in the same boat. world bosses are a joke and should be changed 1 of 2 ways.

Meat shield with same damage stats and weekly bosses or there daily boss damage stats.

Or remove XP loss and Gem loss from them, like weekly and daily scroll do.

World bosses were just added as and gimick since we don't have guild bosses yet, but that is another topic.

Posted

Yep, my experience is the same:

Horizontal spin ( left/right) around the boss with LMB&RMB pressed so (Raging Thunder) will always proc. Headbutt
[RMB] + [W]) to start with to get the buff with optional bleeding ( Fierce Strike/Claw Scar) if you have it skilled.  Slow and painful compared to other classes, using HP potions on every proc as a drug addict. But that's Berserker for you....

Also make sure that you stack speed/accuracy on the gear.  

Just do this, Just raging thunder. You can move while you use the skill for a reason. Just spin around the boss.

Also Elastic force (your auto attack) lets your also circle strafe. So easy way to do things:

Strafe with elastic force>Frenzied destroyer buff> Raging thunder, repeat. Berserkers ahve very high melee mobility as they can move and do most of their skills and such.

Posted

I'm still getting 1 shot with this gear just lost 6% to rednose for 0 DROPS!! I'm so pissed.

peacenerd.png

Posted

I'm still getting 1 shot with this gear just lost 6% to rednose for 0 DROPS!! I'm so pissed.

peacenerd.png

Can you even do enough damage to qualify for loot drops even if you didn't die?...

Posted

ya I do plenty of damage

Posted

50 Wiz and get one shot from ranged often.  Lost count of how many times red nose killed me.  For the warrior players does shield block stop the one shot?  Guessing no?

Posted (edited)

Zerker Raid Strategy:

• Log Out to Character Screen
  • Login Ranger
  • Do damage & be viable.

Best option but in my case switch to my Wizard

50 Wiz and get one shot from ranged often.  Lost count of how many times red nose killed me.  For the warrior players does shield block stop the one shot?  Guessing no?

Zerker gets one shotted every second trust me Wizards are in a way better position

Edited by Xile

Posted

Your talking about scroll bosses not field bosses, field bosses are the 'energetic' 'sturdy' types

I dunno what you guys are talking about for scroll bosses, my group of friends just started playing a couple weeks ago, none of have anything +15, and the only scroll boss we've had anyone die to is hexe marie, and that was just the first time we fought it because we didn't know his nuke animation/land area. I'm pretty sure the only way you can die to scroll bosses is if you stand in their very obvious damage zone.

Posted

Your talking about scroll bosses not field bosses, field bosses are the 'energetic' 'sturdy' types

I dunno what you guys are talking about for scroll bosses, my group of friends just started playing a couple weeks ago, none of have anything +15, and the only scroll boss we've had anyone die to is hexe marie, and that was just the first time we fought it because we didn't know his nuke animation/land area. I'm pretty sure the only way you can die to scroll bosses is if you stand in their very obvious damage zone.

you should make sure you're right before you try to correct people.  There's another version of red nose that is a field boss/world boss that is SIGNIFICANTLY stronger than the scroll version.

really no point in trying to fight them as melee imo.  I leveled a ranger and its significantly easier to do world bosses

Posted

Those are world bosses not field bosses. Field bosses are 'energetic' 'sturdy' types.

Posted

Those are world bosses not field bosses. Field bosses are 'energetic' 'sturdy' types.

Field bosses are the <leader> ones, if you want evidence just read the recent patch notes. Please do not speak unless you know what you are talking about 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0