• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Offer a NA/EU server for NO PVP

169 posts in this topic

Posted

Quite a simple idea. With quite a small amount of cost and effort.

Offer an NA and EU variance of servers without PVP

The only exceptions to no PVP would be arena is fair game to pvp and do as you need during that time.

And maybe guild vs. Guild if a balance can be found. Perhaps requiring both guilds to declare war. Or some way it doesnt object to everyone. Perhaps make only certain guild earn a no war token for maybe 20m gold coins? And that will last for 7-14 days. Could even make it a cash shop. Idk

This is my last ditch effort to try getting my point across that very few people want a pvp game. I gurantee of you remove pvp or create a pvp free server you would see a much greater long term pay out and bigger playerbase. Take ffxiv for example.

Also i believe there was a poll held for ffxiv and 90% of the 200k people that voted said they wouldnt care if the game had pvp or not.

There is much more to the game than pvp. But it doesnt matter if peoplw can limit your progress

21 people like this

Posted

I don't think we need to separate the playerbase even more.

I already can't play with half of my friends because they picked a different server...

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I already can't play with half of my friends because they picked a different server...

That locked to a single server thing is very annoying.  Almost every other MMO made allows players to make a character on each server for no extra cost.  It is one of the reasons I have not bought the game ticket thing yet, and may never do so unless things change.

A no PvP server would definitely be a good thing, especially for those who have a permanent aversion to PvP from burning out on PvP shooter games like APB:Reloaded.

Edited by BC

Posted

That locked to a single server thing is very annoying.  Almost every other MMO made allows players to make a character on each server for no extra cost.  It is one of the reasons I have not bought the game ticket thing yet, and may never do so unless things change.

A no PvP server would definitely be a good thing, especially for those who have a permanent aversion to PvP from burning out on PvP shooter games like APB:Reloaded.

you can make 4 free charaters per server.

We need a way to transfer characters though. Agreed. 

But we really also NEED a true nonpvp server. It would house a huge playerbase

2 people like this

Posted

Iam all for a non pvp server as well.

1 person likes this

Posted

Needs occasional bumps

Posted

How playable is the game when avoiding PvP?  Is it possible to advance or are there PvP requirement barriers to leveling?  Also, is it like some of the open PvP games where it is impossible to focus on anything because of being harassed by thousands of idiots shooting everyone they see?

Posted

It has been discussed over and over before & ill give my known reply.

Couldn't care less if they add a PvE server as long as it doesn't affect in any way normal servers (Rank's/Marketplace etc) & there ain't PvE>Normal transfers/merges now or anytime in the future.

Posted

It has been discussed over and over before & ill give my known reply.

Couldn't care less if they add a PvE server as long as it doesn't affect in any way normal servers (Rank's/Marketplace etc) & there ain't PvE>Normal transfers/merges now or anytime in the future.

you cant gurantee that. flat out.

but if they introduce a new server. they need atleast a month to have catch up imo if they ever did

How playable is the game when avoiding PvP?  Is it possible to advance or are there PvP requirement barriers to leveling?  Also, is it like some of the open PvP games where it is impossible to focus on anything because of being harassed by thousands of idiots shooting everyone they see?

i should be lv 52 or 53.

im at 50.4

ive gained 1200% exp since hitting lv 50 enough to easily hit 53 maybe 54? but im being modest and say 52-53 yet im still 50

and why is this? 

pvp and gear differences.

one luck based.

and one unwanted

1 person likes this

Posted

NO

1 person likes this

Posted

UNO should have been the PvE server.

While I'm entirely in favour of seeing more options available to players - I wouldn't go on a PvE server personally - the problem is that if you were to open such a server right now, after the peak population of players has been hit, you will end up seeing three servers populated at two thirds and one healthy PvE server. 

The result would be that in the near future (read a few months down the road), they would have to merge two servers together. If they do that, it needs to be done preferably prior to the introduction of node/siege warfare. Not after. 

Frankly, I don't see it happening. I wish it was a possibility, but I just don't see it.

Posted

90% of the people who fought for multiserver are now complaining about it >:]

Not that you were one.
Just having a giggle.

Posted (edited)

No, just no.

not every game needs to have non pvp server. The game was designed with its pvp in mind and it should stay that way, with constsnt improvements.

Open world pvp works only with plenty of players on the server, making pve servers effectively makes pvp servers die out due to domino effect.

If u don't want to pvp just stay in the city.

and I think that ur request won't be heard anyway

Edited by Hyouka

Posted

What exactly... would you do... on a PvE only server?

There's no raids, no dungeons, and literally no way to interact with another player outside of killing the already stupidly easy mobs. You can't trade, you can't work on anything together. If you take away PvP this game literally becomes a single player game with a chat box, you can't do ANYTHING AT ALL with each other that has any remote meaning.

7 people like this

Posted

^ As Aoia said.. I don't see point of having one simply because I wouldn't really have much to do on it.. :/

Posted (edited)

im at 50.4

ive gained 1200% exp since hitting lv 50 enough to easily hit 53 maybe 54? but im being modest and say 52-53 yet im still 50

reading ur last thread i thought u were just overreacting cause of a few ganks, but well thats alot. i can only speak of Jordine(EU) and we ofc do have some pks here but its no where near that (ppl may attampt to pk u 1-2x a day if u play a lot - or they fear my witch!). did u provoke the wrong ppl or is that normal on ur server ?

about pve server:

if people would want to go there, why not. i personally enjoy owpvp, even being pked, so i wouldnt move to such a server. also its much more fun to pk ppl that fight back and enjoy it :)  

Edited by Krryk

Posted

Until there's a PvE Server and a way to transfer characters there I'll just make sure not to level past lvl 44. More fish for me...

1 person likes this

Posted

This is exactly what I do. Currently level 21 and have been playing every day since head start. I am ONLY doing crafting skills/node management. 

I would really like a pve server. 

1 person likes this

Posted

This is my last ditch effort to try getting my point across that very few people want a pvp game. I gurantee of you remove pvp or create a pvp free server you would see a much greater long term pay out and bigger playerbase.

Please show your source that very few people want PvP.  Majority of people I come across in game want to PvP, my source for this is all the fights everyone I know gets into on a daily/nightly basis.

Posted

you cant gurantee that. flat out.

but if they introduce a new server. they need atleast a month to have catch up imo if they ever did

i should be lv 52 or 53.

im at 50.4

and why is this? 

pvp and gear differences.

one luck based.

and one unwanted

You are doing something wrong. I've had one PK instance of PKing occur to me since I hit 45. Granted I chose to turn that 1 PK into multiple as I enjoy a bit of PvP. You have options, go to a different spot, go to a different channel. It is still extremely easy to avoid being PK'd as much as you seem to be.

Posted

My highest character is level 36, what is this "PvP" you speak of?

Is it some kinda of polymer? 

Posted (edited)

For the sake of the PvE players, if there is no reasonable way to blend PvE and PvP this is a great option. I would support this.

Edited by Kyloran

Posted

I die atleast 2-5 times a night from fishing afk in hotspots.

5-10 from grinding in my own spot.

And 80-120 deaths over last 5 days i played 

An additional 20 deaths from pve from reasons

Posted

So, let me get this straight.

You purchased an MMO that's been out for a couple years and that relies heavily on PvP for content and are now asking for them to cater to you because you don't like being ganked.

Yeah.....Ok. I'm going to assume you didn't do your research before picking up BDO. Wait till next Month, or so, when Node wars go live and the PvP is really turned up and happening everywhere.

I will add though, that I'm not against them adding a PvE server for your playstyle. The game does indeed have a lot of PvE content that your kind of player would enjoy. And they're adding more in the future, or so they claim.

A few things you should know though.......first it's not the game's fault you chose a different server than your friends. Bad communication between you and them is not their fault. Secondly, if you're getting ganked too often, switch channels. You'd be surprised how certain guilds that focus on ganking only hang around certain channels. Third, ganking is heavily punished btw, more so than in any other MMO currently out. Lastly, you can't be ganked until you hit 45 at the moment, the Korean servers went a step further and added an option that prevents you from engaging in PvP altogether. But not taking part in node competition will significantly hamper your gameplay.

Posted (edited)

Quite a simple idea. With quite a small amount of cost and effort.

Offer an NA and EU variance of servers without PVP

The only exceptions to no PVP would be arena is fair game to pvp and do as you need during that time.

And maybe guild vs. Guild if a balance can be found. Perhaps requiring both guilds to declare war. Or some way it doesnt object to everyone. Perhaps make only certain guild earn a no war token for maybe 20m gold coins? And that will last for 7-14 days. Could even make it a cash shop. Idk

This is my last ditch effort to try getting my point across that very few people want a pvp game. I gurantee of you remove pvp or create a pvp free server you would see a much greater long term pay out and bigger playerbase. Take ffxiv for example.

Also i believe there was a poll held for ffxiv and 90% of the 200k people that voted said they wouldnt care if the game had pvp or not.

There is much more to the game than pvp. But it doesnt matter if peoplw can limit your progress

I wouldn't say a per no pvp server is needed, but more of a flagged only pvp server. You can only be attacked if you flag yourself. And have a rule where you are flagged for 10 mins if you flag yourself, that way you can't turn it off and on willy nilly. 

EDIT: This change would also allow for players to engage in pvp when they want to, and keep node wars a thing. 

Edited by Dagnis
2 people like this