• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Offer a NA/EU server for NO PVP

169 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

i should be lv 52 or 53.

im at 50.4

ive gained 1200% exp since hitting lv 50 enough to easily hit 53 maybe 54? but im being modest and say 52-53 yet im still 50

and why is this? 

pvp and gear differences.

one luck based.

and one unwanted

I guess you are someone that doesn't give a ----- about people already grinding a place?

I play quite a lot, do tons of pve things (pvp isn't really an abjective until they release the real pvp content) and got pk'd twice since start of the game. Those 2 times, i was just taking the grind spot of someone higher geared, and that's normal behavior to fight for a grind spot in this game.

So if u get pk'd 24/7, i guess there's a problem with the way u play the game? Or your attitude ingame ? There's pretty much 0 pk unless you obviously annoy other players.

Also, lemme tell you what will happen in this exact same situation in ur great pve only server.

- you go on someone's more geared grind spot.

- He gets angry because he can't grind as fast as  when you weren't there.

- he's better geared so he will just steal all the mobs you try to grind (yes, it's about who deals the most dmg), and there is NOTHING u can do against it. Except leave and find another place, wich would also solve your pk problem.

Also plenty of thread already explaining how the "no pvp" breaks a lot of game mechanics, but well, if u want a downgraded version of this game and quit after 1 month, why not? I doubt that there will ever be a pve only server, but we wouldn't care if u had one.

Also, the people wanting only pve servers are a minority. Most of the players wants the game how it is meant to be, pvpve.

Edited by Lyano
1 person likes this

Posted

I die atleast 2-5 times a night from fishing afk in hotspots.

5-10 from grinding in my own spot.

And 80-120 deaths over last 5 days i played 

An additional 20 deaths from pve from reasons

Choose safer fishing spots then.

Yo do not own any spot. You get PK'd and move or switch channels unless you want to fight for the spot.

The majority of your deaths from players seem to be largely due to your choices, not the fact that their is no PvE channel or server.

Posted

Honestly, if they made some changes to the PvP system it wouldn't be a big deal.

I am all for a PvE server, but I don't want to transfer servers because of it.

Instead, make the PvP requirement lvl 50 PER CHARACTER. From what I understand, there is a quest that unlocks lvl 50. I'm only lvl 29, so I've still got a ways to go. But I REALLY enjoy the life professions (gathering, processing, cooking, alchemy, etc) and I know that one day I will eventually hit that dreadful lvl 45 and unlock PvP. 

I honestly don't have a problem with PvP. If I'm out fighting, and somebody tries to fight me, then I can be ready for it. I have my combat gear on, and I can put up a fight. But if I'm gathering, and somebody gets a wild hair that they want the things I'm gathering, (or they just feel like being a jerk) then they can very easily kill me. Gathering gear has 1 DP, I'll be dead so fast, I won't even stand a chance. I don't want to be PKed while I'm gathering. I don't mind the gathering competition, but I don't want to be PKed for it. 

But if they bumped the PvP lvl to 50, then I can stay behind that safety wall of 49 and not completing the quest and gather till my hearts content. Then, when I am ready to step forward, I can complete the quest, lvl up, unlock PvP and deal with the consequences, whether I am gathering, grinding, fishing, or just traveling. 

Posted

This game is not advertised as PvP focus, and even doing research this bias towards PvP is not readily evident. 

I'm against adding PvE servers because i feel like open PvP is important to the health and longevity of the game, just like a tag system would destroy the point, of open world PvP.

Having said that, I do think PvE needs a buff in general, something like, oh idk player trade >_>

Current'y being together with lifeskills is detrimental, working together is extremely discouraged, if not impossible. Maybe if it was encouraged, and you were in a group that Ahole might think twice?

I just don't think a PvE server is the right answer, especially with the current PvE issues. 

Posted

All they need to do is create a new channel where flagging is disabled. Everything else would work the same. There's no reason for PVP outside of GvG and node wars, other than a little bit of fun or to grief people. 

I still don't quite understand why people that oppose something like this have to complain about it and add ridicule to the person/people that proposed this idea. Grow up people.

Who cares if they add a PvE only channel, deal with it and play on the other channels.

1 person likes this

Posted

Indeed I would love this aswell, mainly nothing is more annoying if you're questing/grinding or farming materials and getting ganked. Not everybody wants to PvP after all.

Posted

What do you of all these players who spend thousands of dollars to upgrade their gear and buy all they can find to get an advantage on casual players aiming for PvE?

If there are no easy targets, there will be less customers for the cash shop. Rarely seen a game so much around the cash shop than this one.

Posted

So, let me get this straight.

You purchased an MMO that's been out for a couple years and that relies heavily on PvP for content and are now asking for them to cater to you because you don't like being ganked.

Yeah.....Ok. I'm going to assume you didn't do your research before picking up BDO. Wait till next Month, or so, when Node wars go live and the PvP is really turned up and happening everywhere.

I will add though, that I'm not against them adding a PvE server for your playstyle. The game does indeed have a lot of PvE content that your kind of player would enjoy. And they're adding more in the future, or so they claim.

A few things you should know though.......first it's not the game's fault you chose a different server than your friends. Bad communication between you and them is not their fault. Secondly, if you're getting ganked too often, switch channels. You'd be surprised how certain guilds that focus on ganking only hang around certain channels. Third, ganking is heavily punished btw, more so than in any other MMO currently out. Lastly, you can't be ganked until you hit 45 at the moment, the Korean servers went a step further and added an option that prevents you from engaging in PvP altogether. But not taking part in node competition will significantly hamper your gameplay.

i have a 59 tamer on kr and never had this trouble

Posted (edited)

i have a 59 tamer on kr and never had this trouble

We simply have a different culture here than in KR. To put it simply, we are assholes. Add in that we have less karma loss for a PK, pking will be more common, but it is still extremely easy to avoid.

Edited by Noth

Posted

We simply have a different culture here than in KR. To put it simply we are assholes. Add in that we have less karma loss for a PK, pking will be more common, but it is still extremely easy to avoid.

You are so correct. It is unfortunate, but many people find it entertaining to grief other people. True pvpers DO NOT grief, kill defenseless players, or gank. Also most true pvpers don't come on the forums bashing PvE posts. It's the gankers, and griefers that do much the complaining, because there the ones the ingame "penalties" are really for.. 

2 people like this

Posted

Bumping

Posted

No, just make a RP server with a focus on harder and more co-operative gameplay.

PvEvP with a stronger Environment where monsters are actually dangerous.

Like ramping up AP and DP of monsters by 2x.

Posted

Just make a server/channel where no PK-ing is allowed, it has NOTHING to do with RP-ing for me I hate PvP in MMORPGs mainly since they never have anything to do mostly with the story (Now since there is no real story here I can understand it) But since there is so much to do in this game, there should also be an option for those that don't want to PvP and just level/farm/do whatever they want without having to worry about being ganked.

Posted

I don't think we need to separate the playerbase even more.

I already can't play with half of my friends because they picked a different server...

This. I actually don't mind the PvP despite being a PvE person. I don't understand why people are so divided about it. I think it's fair enough that until you reach a certain level, you cannot PvP. This restricts the PvPers even more. Believe me, I know the frustration of being murdered while minding my own business. But, that doesn't mean there should be something to specifically cater to those who don't want to PvP at all. It's a very fragile balance between PvPers and PvEers. I believe if we made that change it might be better for PvEers but it sure as hell would make PvPers salty. And nobody wants the PvPers to be saltier than they are now.

focus on harder and more co-operative gameplay.

PvEvP with a stronger Environment where monsters are actually dangerous.

This should just be a normal thing, in my opinion.

Posted

No PvP when there is already no PvE, There not going to pay the money to have a server where people just grind to grind all day, ignoring the main point of this game.

Posted

Easy answer is , yes give us a NO-PK Server. Mind its not called No-PvP( i want pvp like GvG Sieges, Arena) or RP(Roleplay is just so much more then just the question if i can kill that guy or not...leave the RP Community alone they dont want to hear about our problems). NO-PK-SERVER.

Simply if a Player isnt Flagged for PvP you can´t attack them.  WIn-Win Situation for PvE and PvP Players. ( and a big F*ck in the Butt for PK-Scum)

Pro´s for PvE Players:

- They are Safe from PK while grinding/farming 

Pro´s for PvP Players:

- No Karma Penalties anymore , if he´is Flagged try to Kill him and earn yourself an honorable Kill

We allready have/will get so many ways for PvP ( Sieges , Arenas , PvP-flaggin ) we don´t need the option to gank defenseless players.

---------------

In this Section i will just counter some stupid Arguments that always come up, and im sick of reading 

- BDO ist a PvP focused Game , you should have done your homework before buying - Answer : No , no i dont have to watch 500 Videos on YT to decide if i like a game or not( or to find a video where someone just attacks someone who is just minding his own business) . The Official Webside says nothing about , Open-World-ganking.

- Seperating the Player base (specially , the one who´s "friends" choose another server) - Answer: Since 90% of the Player base are looking to PvE in peace or to have honorable PvP fights , all that would be left are the 10% PK-ganking sh*ts that nobody wants here in first place 

- There would be no PvP at all left - Answer: Yeah, taking a look at BnS (greatest competition at the moment )... arena turnaments booming , faction wars  are booming ... right, pvp would be dead if we take away to option to attack who ever we like .

5 people like this

Posted

Easy answer is , yes give us a NO-PK Server. Mind its not called No-PvP( i want pvp like GvG Sieges, Arena) or RP(Roleplay is just so much more then just the question if i can kill that guy or not...leave the RP Community alone they dont want to hear about our problems). NO-PK-SERVER.

Simply if a Player isnt Flagged for PvP you can´t attack them.  WIn-Win Situation for PvE and PvP Players. ( and a big F*ck in the Butt for PK-Scum)

Pro´s for PvE Players:

Pro´s for PvP Players:

- No Karma Penalties anymore , if he´is Flagged try to Kill him and earn yourself an honorable Kill

We allready have/will get so many ways for PvP ( Sieges , Arenas , PvP-flaggin ) we don´t need the option to gank defenseless players.

---------------

In this Section i will just counter some stupid Arguments that always come up, and im sick of reading 

- BDO ist a PvP focused Game , you should have done your homework before buying - Answer : No , no i dont have to watch 500 Videos on YT to decide if i like a game or not( or to find a video where someone just attacks someone who is just minding his own business) . The Official Webside says nothing about , Open-World-ganking.

- Seperating the Player base (specially , the one who´s "friends" choose another server) - Answer: Since 90% of the Player base are looking to PvE in peace or to have honorable PvP fights , all that would be left are the 10% PK-ganking sh*ts that nobody wants here in first place 

- There would be no PvP at all left - Answer: Yeah, taking a look at BnS (greatest competition at the moment )... arena turnaments booming , faction wars  are booming ... right, pvp would be dead if we take away to option to attack who ever we like .

BDO is a PvP focused game. The website also doesn't mention anything of guild wars, sieges, red battlefield, etc. That however doesn't mean the game's focus is not PvP. The preorder FAQ even stated that you PvE to get strong enough to participate in PvP. Laziness is no excuse for not being an informed consumer.

Mind citing your 90%?

B&S faction wars are not booming at all. They come down to different factions being on different channels farming the faction NPCs. Any actual PvP in that simply comes down to ganking, similar to here. Tournaments are all that game has. B&S is also designed much differently than this game with a completely different goal. I won't say PvP would be dead if they added PvE servers, but it would directly conflict with the intended design of the game.

Also I can count on one hand the number of PvP encounters I've had on one hand. This is me farming heavily contested spots such as Hexe, Abandoned Monastary, Calpheon Shrine, and Ogres while actively kill stealing. Out of all of them, all I had to do to either avoid the PKing or escape it was switch channels, switch spots, or kill the person. Only one time have I ever been killed multiple times by a PKer and that was simply because I felt like fighting the PKer. The vast majority of my farming is done in peace. There is really no need at all for a PvE server or channel now because PK and PvP is already extremely easy to avoid.

Posted

This is like asking for a no PvP server for league of legends.

Posted

Weren't you quitting? lol 

havent logged in since. refuse to if/until they make pvp free server

also trying to do a chargeback from my card

Posted (edited)

Pro´s for PvE Players:

Pro´s for PvP Players:

---------------

This is honestly the exact thing I've been thinking about in respects to what I'd want in an option sever choice. Usually the categories brought up when trying to separate play styles in a game is pvp and pve, but those aspects of bdo are already perfectly balanced to be honest, the only playstyle that sticks out like a sore thumb for this game is the pk'ers, and I would delight at the option to just cut that cancer out and just enjoy the rest of the game, both pvp and pve. 

Edited by quebae
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Trust me buddy you wont be missed, Have fun playing World of Carebears or whatever "Free no PvP Game"

This is EU/NA, not Korea, the majority here wants PvP heck most people even enjoy it a great deal, instead of complaining about the PvP maybe you should get good and start defending ourself or do something else besides AFK fishing for money lmfao

Also i highly doubt you even made it past 55 on Korea...Pick plox?

Edited by Nove

Posted

Trust me buddy you wont be missed, Have fun playing World of Carebears or whatever "Free no PvP Game"

This is EU/NA, not Korea, the majority here wants PvP heck most people even enjoy it a great deal, instead of complaining about the PvP maybe you should get good and start defending ourself or do something else besides AFK fishing for money lmfao

Also i highly doubt you even made it past 55 on Korea...Pick plox?

and people like you ruin the community aand the game.

Find something more amusing to say if youre just gonna insult me please

2 people like this

Posted

Too many people in these forums use minority, and majority without any rational reason to do so. 

Too many people say this is a PvP focused game despite the in depth marketing aimed at life skills. (and the fact life skills are so in depth to begin with)

If ganking really bothered you that much, why not just make an alt and not hit level 45?

Posted

Too many people in these forums use minority, and majority without any rational reason to do so. 

Too many people say this is a PvP focused game despite the in depth marketing aimed at life skills. (and the fact life skills are so in depth to begin with)

If ganking really bothered you that much, why not just make an alt and not hit level 45?

Just want to point out that having a deep market and non PvP activities does not mean a game is not PvP focused. EvE is the perfect example of this. Much deeper economic and crafting system than this game with the majority of the players actually playing in the safest zones, not actively engaging in PvP, yet it is still a PvP focused game.

Posted

Just want to point out that having a deep market and non PvP activities does not mean a game is not PvP focused. EvE is the perfect example of this. Much deeper economic and crafting system than this game with the majority of the players actually playing in the safest zones, not actively engaging in PvP, yet it is still a PvP focused game.

How is it PvP Focused based on what you just said?

EvE obviously has PvP as one of it's priorities, but if you gain enough wealth you can just outright buy protection. 

I only think it's PvP focused because of how much certain decisions damage PvE in this game, and because there's no end game content besides owning nodes or material acquisition which is entirely single player. 

But that doesn't mean that it's not clearly aimed at PvE target audiences, just like EvE. If you removed the open market and economy from EvE it would die in months, PvE is completely and utterly vital to EvE online, without it the game can't function. It's people that focus on PvE in EvE that allow for PvP to exist at all. 

This game currently more then anything lacks purpose, You gain nothing from killing players besides a bad rep, and Life skills is nothing but an endless single player grind, that makes no difference to anyone. If the game only cares about and focused on node wars, why add, well, the rest of the entire game?