• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Players Killing Other Players' Horses

26 posts in this topic

Posted

I have a few questions regarding horses, wagons, and PvP. I considered putting this in the PvP forum, but since this is really about horses being killed by players, I felt it'd be more appropriate here.

So, here are the questions:

- Can a player kill a horse owned by another player?

- Can a player kill a wagon owned by another player?

I am assuming the answer to the above is "yes", but I've never heard of either actually happening.

- If you can indeed kill another player's horse, will the horse be penalized; i.e., will it have a death added to its death counter? I've read here that it doesn't count, but I'd like a confirmation, as I don't really trust information from January.

- If a wagon is destroyed by another player, will the wagon suffer any real penalties; i.e., will it have its lifespan shortened? Also, what happens to any attached horses?

Posted

yes 

yes

Posted

I have a few questions regarding horses, wagons, and PvP. I considered putting this in the PvP forum, but since this is really about horses being killed by players, I felt it'd be more appropriate here.

So, here are the questions:

- Can a player kill a horse owned by another player?

- Can a player kill a wagon owned by another player?

I am assuming the answer to the above is "yes", but I've never heard of either actually happening.

- If you can indeed kill another player's horse, will the horse be penalized; i.e., will it have a death added to its death counter? I've read here that it doesn't count, but I'd like a confirmation, as I don't really trust information from January.

- If a wagon is destroyed by another player, will the wagon suffer any real penalties; i.e., will it have its lifespan shortened? Also, what happens to any attached horses?

It doesn't happen too often but every now and then you'll find a toxic RDMer who'll kill you or your horse(s).

Posted

So, I'm guessing my horses are indeed penalized for being killed by players? If that's the case, I guess I can just have a character sitting a level 30 or whatever for breeding and racing horses for now.

Posted

I saw a sorc trying to kill a horse a day or two ago.  I attacked and killer her to protect it, took her by surprise and finished her quickly.

3 people like this

Posted

Karma loss for ganking horses? If not there should be.

2 people like this

Posted

With the premise that I can only speak for wagons destroyed by bandits, so I don't know if it's any different when they're killed by players:

Destroyed wagons only lose their HP, much like when a horse is attacked. When they are completed destroyed (HP reaches 0), you'll have to go to the nearest stable from the point of death, and Repair (same command as Recover for Injured horses). This will restore the wagon in full, with the same durability it had the moment it was attacked.

Nothing happens to the horses. They stay connected to the wagon and go to the same stable. Recovering them isn't necessary.

EDIT: And I'd add, if killing horses affects their death count and destroying wagons doesn't, I think the moment I reach 45 I'll stick to wagons forever... Unless I can stop me from getting exp at all.

1 person likes this

Posted

The only thing I wish is that the owner's name would pop up above the horse. My guild goes to war on occasion, and I always walk past horses that are targetable. Killing a player's horse is a huge pain in the ass, especially if they're into breeding.

Posted

With the premise that I can only speak for wagons destroyed by bandits, so I don't know if it's any different when they're killed by players:

Destroyed wagons only lose their HP, much like when a horse is attacked. When they are completed destroyed (HP reaches 0), you'll have to go to the nearest stable from the point of death, and Repair (same command as Recover for Injured horses). This will restore the wagon in full, with the same durability it had the moment it was attacked.

Nothing happens to the horses. They stay connected to the wagon and go to the same stable. Recovering them isn't necessary.

Thanks. If this works for players as well, then I'll be able to cruise in a noble wagon or what-have-you with no worries.

And I'd add, if killing horses affects their death count and destroying wagons doesn't, I think the moment I reach 45 I'll stick to wagons forever... 

This may be an approach I'll have to consider once I run out of character slots... or if I get too lazy to change characters.

Unless I can stop me from getting exp at all.

I found out the hard way that standing in front of world bosses is a great way to prevent yourself from leveling up.

Posted

I am curious, 

As much hate as this may get. There seems to be a fanboy stalking my character in spots I regularly grind in to lvl then continues to gank me. Usually switch between them and even switch channels. I would love to kill his horse but it seems I can attack it for hours and it won't die. What is the reasoning behind this?

Posted

That moment when you encountered a person with extreme negative karma...and your lvl 35.

SAFE

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

deleted

Edited by Chigikogou

Posted

There is. Even if you kill a wild one.

Posted

So, I'm guessing my horses are indeed penalized for being killed by players? If that's the case, I guess I can just have a character sitting a level 30 or whatever for breeding and racing horses for now.

I hate to resurrect an almost month old thread but didn't want to create a new post about something already discussed. So I still don't see anyone answering whether or not horses take a death on their breeding record if another player kills them. I just wanted to know because, while 1 kill is only .05% decrease, eventually they would add up and I would like to know if I need to take precautions with my breeding horses. I hope someone knows for a fact what happens when a horse is killed by another player.

Thanks!

Posted

same loss as killing a player.

Posted (edited)

I hate to resurrect an almost month old thread but didn't want to create a new post about something already discussed. So I still don't see anyone answering whether or not horses take a death on their breeding record if another player kills them. I just wanted to know because, while 1 kill is only .05% decrease, eventually they would add up and I would like to know if I need to take precautions with my breeding horses. I hope someone knows for a fact what happens when a horse is killed by another player.

Thanks!

Just came back to find my horse killed by another player. Didn't raised it's death count :)

So, even though PKlers right now enjoy messing with afk-horse-riders (due to the implementation of auto-pathing), when they kill your horse, they don't destroy your breeding attempts. You still have to pay the 10k fee to recover the horse, but I think that's rather trivial ;)

See post below for updated information

Edited by Rutana
1 person likes this

Posted

Today I got PK'ed while afking on a wagon, didn't care much since it cost 10k to repair and horse doesn't take death counts. One of the reason I love being a PvChat player, exp loss doesn't matter, just walk back to what you're doing until the killer tilts from having to kill you all the time. (✿◡‿◡)

2 people like this

Posted

lol luckily death isn't super bad for a horse as long as you don't keep doing it. Today I was testing out an auto-path loop thingy and noticed it screwed up in an area with some nasty baddies but I was like, well... let's see what happens if I just let it go and well I ended up crashing into rocks, jumping over the rocks and then crashing into a wall because no frames. I didn't think of trying to aggro the mobs and pull them out to reset range as the frames had dropped to 5 lol... for now I'm gonna stick with carriage since I'm not in a hurry -- not like t8 are out yet.

Posted

Just came back to find my horse killed by another player. Didn't raised it's death count :)

So, even though PKlers right now enjoy messing with afk-horse-riders (due to the implementation of auto-pathing), when they kill your horse, they don't destroy your breeding attempts. You still have to pay the 10k fee to recover the horse, but I think that's rather trivial ;)

Have to change my edit. Stable said 0 deaths after recovering the horse, but as I checked it's level just now, I noticed that the Deathcounter indead went up.

I don't think I can blame monsters either, because when I came back, I was standing there alone - monsters should've attacked me too, right? (or could it happen that the monsters attack your horse, but don't attack a player, because of the level difference?)

Posted

...or could it happen that the monsters attack your horse, but don't attack a player, because of the level difference?

Yep.  Noticed it around Northern Wheat Plantation - the wild pigs attack my horse but not me when I'm unmounted.

Posted (edited)

Been killed a few times at Sausans with noob gear by overgeared p2w douchebags pretending to claim a spot, I always go find their horse and raep it.

Edited by Shiraishin

Posted (edited)

Been killed a few times at Sausans with noob gear by overgeared p2w douchebags pretending to claim a spot, I always go find their horse and raep it.

Most people grinding at Sausans will park their horse inside the safe zone at Sarma. And even those horses that aren't parked in the safe zone... how do you know it's the same player's horse? It's not like you can identify a specific player's horse. And even if you could, there's a proximity of owner to horse requirement. If the owner of the horse isn't within spitting distance of the horse, you can't attack/kill it anyway (only monsters/hostile-NPC's can).

Not really seeing how you pull this off.

Edited by DenverRalphy

Posted

with a wagon it will go back to the last stable it was in and you have to go back to that stable and get it you can not get it from any stable

Posted

...and you necro'ed this thread to share...?
The people involved in this thread pheraps quitted long ago or worst, they may be all dead.
All dead, do you understand?
Do not bother the dead souls or dead threads, never. NEVER!

1 person likes this

Posted

...and you necro'ed this thread to share...?The people involved in this thread pheraps quitted long ago or worst, they may be all dead.
All dead, do you understand?
Do not bother the dead souls or dead threads, never. NEVER!

I'm still here (✿◡‿◡)